Author Topic: Death toll rises to 16 in Chicago's bloody 4th of July weekend; 82 shot  (Read 10092 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
They totally need to peer review Chicago.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
They totally need to peer review Chicago.

Shut up, dick!!  ;D ;D
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Shut up, dick!!  ;D ;D

Rocket science, right?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Rocket science, right?

Yes, I could not agree more.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
So we should just throw away the whole idea of peer review and books because its not stopping the blood shed?

Well, youre actually wrong. NYC crime rates have dropped since the 90s. Same with Los Angeles. In LA, gangs were offing each other by records numbers in the mid 90's. Its bad, but its not that bad any more. Of cours there are still bad areas, but compared to years ago, many places have gotten better.

I am sure you will try to come back with an intellectual come back.  ::) ::) I await it.
No, I was being sarcastic. Of course not. All things can be used as tools.

Also, which crimes have dropped? Which crimes are reported? I know someone in NYC who  recently had her place burglarized...she didn't reporte itbecause it was too much of a hassle. It's not that I don't believe you, because I do. And yes, I know the crime stats given by the FBI, etc
It's just that with certain areas, especially when the politicians get involved, they want things to seem a certain way. Certain areas ared deemed safer now than before. Or certain crimes in nice neighborhoods or counties don't hit the papers.
This nation itself in the midst of a heroin and prescription drug epidemic like we haven't seen before.
When you can go to your local grocery store (regardless of place) and find someone passed out in a bathroom stall with a needle in their arm, there is a problem.
 This nation is literally falling apart at the seams.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
No, I was being sarcastic. Of course not. All things can be used as tools.

Also, which crimes have dropped? Which crimes are reported? I know someone in NYC who  recently had her place burglarized...she didn't reported because it was too much of a hassle. It's not that I don't believe you, because I do. And yes, I know the crime stats given by the FBI, etc
It's just that with certain areas, especially when the politicians get involved, they want things to seem a certain way. Certain areas ared deemed safer now than before. Or certain crimes in nice neighborhoods or counties don't hit the papers.
This nation itself in the midst of a heroin and prescription drug epidemic like we haven't seen before.
When you can go to your local grocery store (regardless of place) and find someone passed out in a bathroom stall with a needle in their arm, there is a problem.
 This nation is literally falling apart at the seams.  

Well, Guiliani cleaned up NYC big time, especially around the time square area. Prostitution, violence, drugs.

In terms of violence in LA, things have definitely gotten much better since the mid-90's, though some parts, like Watts, are still very bad.

That sea change in violence and its ramifications is part of a national trend, though the effects in Los Angeles have been particularly dramatic. Across the nation, the homicide rate — the number of people killed per 100,000 population — increased from about four per 100,000 in the 1950s to about 10 in the early 1990s; since then, it has dropped to about 5.5. The decline in Los Angeles has been far greater: In 1993, the homicide rate was 30.5 per 100,000; this year, it's on track to end at about six. As city leaders like to note, not since Eisenhower was president has Los Angeles been this safe.

Obviously, "this safe" is still not good enough, but better than what it was.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
Well, Guiliani cleaned up NYC big time, especially around the time square area. Prostitution, violence, drugs.

In terms of violence in LA, things have definitely gotten much better since the mid-90's, though some parts, like Watts, are still very bad.

That sea change in violence and its ramifications is part of a national trend, though the effects in Los Angeles have been particularly dramatic. Across the nation, the homicide rate — the number of people killed per 100,000 population — increased from about four per 100,000 in the 1950s to about 10 in the early 1990s; since then, it has dropped to about 5.5. The decline in Los Angeles has been far greater: In 1993, the homicide rate was 30.5 per 100,000; this year, it's on track to end at about six. As city leaders like to note, not since Eisenhower was president has Los Angeles been this safe.

Obviously, "this safe" is still not good enough, but better than what it was.
True. And there have been many contributions to the lowered crime rate. technology, manpower. Smarter ways of doing things (due to them peer reviewed studies?) More educated people moving in certain areas, some people wisening up, etc
I guess what I am getting at is that we can sit here and intellectualize all we want, write books, etc...But in the end, talk is cheap. Like getting into the gym. You can't have a "gym" body unless you are the gym.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
True. And there have been many contributions to the lowered crime rate. technology, manpower. Smarter ways of doing things (due to them peer reviewed studies?) More educated people moving in certain areas, some people wisening up, etc
I guess what I am getting at is that we can sit here and intellectualize all we want, write books, etc...But in the end, talk is cheap. Like getting into the gym. You can't have a "gym" body unless you are the gym.

Actually, yes, most likely being peer reviewed or studied in great detail. And of course talk is cheap. I know quite a few people who go into communities and develop programs, etc.

Do you think they pick the average guy hanging on the corner to develop community based programs and technology to improve communities? Most cities or states that consult with people on these matters are PhDs who have studied community problems in great depth. And most of these people have articles published or journals written. They use their knowledge based on what they have studied to improve communities. I mean, I know youre not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I didn't know you were this dumb.  :-\ :-\
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
And a funny article about Chicago by the Onion

http://www.theonion.com/articles/environmental-study-finds-air-in-chicago-now-75-bu,36407/

Environmental Study Finds Air In Chicago Now 75% Bullets

CHICAGO—Highlighting increasingly dangerous conditions within the city, a new study published Monday by Northwestern University’s Department of Environmental Studies revealed that approximately 75 percent of the air in Chicago is now composed of bullets. “Far exceeding the levels of carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and even oxygen, bullets now constitute three-fourths of Chicago’s air supply,” said atmospheric scientist and study coauthor John Molina, stressing that the dense and widespread deposits of jacketed lead and copper in the air pose severe and potentially fatal health risks to all Chicago residents. “According to our measurements, the proportion of bullets in Chicago’s overall air composition is significantly higher than that of other cities with comparable sizes and population densities. Frankly, if this trend continues—and there is unfortunately little evidence suggesting otherwise—living safely within the confines of Chicago will be almost impossible.” Molina went on to suggest that Chicago’s 2.7 million residents stay indoors whenever possible in order to minimize their exposure.
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Actually, yes, most likely being peer reviewed or studied in great detail. And of course talk is cheap. I know quite a few people who go into communities and develop programs, etc.

Do you think they pick the average guy hanging on the corner to develop community based programs and technology to improve communities? Most cities or states that consult with people on these matters are PhDs who have studied community problems in great depth. And most of these people have articles published or journals written. They use their knowledge based on what they have studied to improve communities. I mean, I know youre not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I didn't know you were this dumb.  :-\ :-\

Wow.

Wait, has his intelligence been peer reviewed?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Wow.

Wait, has his intelligence been peer reviewed?

Well, I was more just trolling. Parker is actually a pretty smart guy and I enjoy reading his posts.
X

Parker

• Getbig V

Yes, I know this. You do know that I actually have been agreeing with you the whole time.
Or is it lost in translation?

Parker

• Getbig V
Well, I was more just trolling. Parker is actually a pretty smart guy and I enjoy reading his posts.
I fell for da troll...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Yes, I know this. You do know that I actually have been agreeing with you the whole time.
Or is it lost in translation?

Was difficult to tell the difference between trolling vs. seriousness.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
Was difficult to tell the difference between trolling vs. seriousness.
Yeah...
It happens, how often I don't know. That needs to be peer reviewed.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Yeah...
It happens, how often I don't know. That needs to be peer reviewed.

It wouldn't get funded under the Obama administration. They do not fund those sort of studies.

Coach Approved.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
It wouldn't get funded under the Obama administration. They do not fund those sort of studies.

Coach Approved.
Thanks, Obama

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
So we should just throw away the whole idea of peer review and books because its not stopping the blood shed?

Well, youre actually wrong. NYC crime rates have dropped since the 90s. Same with Los Angeles. In LA, gangs were offing each other by records numbers in the mid 90's. Its bad, but its not that bad any more. Of cours there are still bad areas, but compared to years ago, many places have gotten better.

I am sure you will try to come back with an intellectual come back.  ::) ::) I await it.

I'll take violence and crime over the police state known as NYC.  :-X

Actually, I'll just avoid those hell holes all together.  8)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
I'm really interested in all the peer reviewed research that backs up this diet:

:D