Author Topic: Missing Family Found  (Read 933 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Missing Family Found
« on: December 20, 2007, 06:03:59 AM »
A father and his three children who spent three days lost in the snowy California woods sang songs as they waited in a culvert for help to arrive.

They removed their sodden socks in an effort to stay warm and dry while they waited for rescue, according to the helicopter pilots who found them.

They warmed their feet inside each other's shirts to help stave off frostbite before their rescue.

"You just go to survival mode," Frederick Dominguez said. "Every parent would do that. You would do anything, sacrifice yourself, because these are your kids."

Officer Steve Ward said he was piloting the helicopter out ahead of bad weather when he spotted Dominguez coming out of the culvert and waving. "We were very lucky that we just saw this guy at the last second."

"I'm glad I'm home. Praise God," Dominguez told reporters after exiting a chopper at the search command post. "It was awful."

Asked how he survived, he replied, "Jesus Christ."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/20/family.found/index.html

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Missing Family Found
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 12:14:44 PM »

Jesus wasn't there, but a shitload of rescuers were.  Jesus isn't going to pay that bill either.

I'm glad they were found, but they definitely underplanned for that trip. 

I'm planning to go up I-80 into the Sierras this weekend and even though this is a heavily-traveled highway, I'll have blankets, several gallons of water, and a small food supply.  I do not own a flare gun, but I am considering that purchase. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 01:14:48 PM »
Jesus wasn't there, but a shitload of rescuers were.  Jesus isn't going to pay that bill either.

I'm glad they were found, but they definitely underplanned for that trip. 

I'm planning to go up I-80 into the Sierras this weekend and even though this is a heavily-traveled highway, I'll have blankets, several gallons of water, and a small food supply.  I do not own a flare gun, but I am considering that purchase. 

Even if you don't believe in Jesus, you could argue that their faith helped them to survive, to keep hope and to keep from panicking or giving up.

I have read amazing survival stories where the survivors had no survival skills and no survival tools or supplies.  All they had was hope and sheer will to live.

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 11:15:52 AM »
Even if you don't believe in Jesus, you could argue that their faith helped them to survive, to keep hope and to keep from panicking or giving up.

I have read amazing survival stories where the survivors had no survival skills and no survival tools or supplies.  All they had was hope and sheer will to live.

It's a wonderful thing that someone's faith can help them survive.  That's one of the very good things about religion.  The idea of mind over matter still stands in this scenario.  I've seen crazier things happen with the placebo effect.
They do.