Author Topic: Dante's Doggcrapp Training - unique and effective?  (Read 54973 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Dante's Doggcrapp Training - unique and effective?
« on: May 04, 2006, 05:19:58 PM »
There's no doubt that DoggCrap training is a unique and effective approach to gaining massive amounts of muscle. The most notable follower of DC training is none other than the new giant killer - the little big man - Dave Henry. Yet, for all the size he's packed on over the past couple years he is still trying to bring up his hamstrings in vain. Unfortunately, while the rest of him is growing, his hams aren't improving at quite the same pace. Is this because of genetic limitations or does DoggCrap = Crappy Hammies???

Consider the following:

Looks to me like Mr. Henry needs to put DC on hold and Marvel at this:

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: DC Training = Crappy Hamstrings
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 05:24:40 PM »
David Henry just needs to bring his intensity up a couple of notches. Look at Dorian's hams.. doesn't take more then 3 total sets to get them huge!
just push some weight!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 05:44:25 PM »
Thats really weak logic.

A theory based on 1 piece of (weak) evidence

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 05:51:32 PM »
Thats really weak logic.

A theory based on 1 piece of (weak) evidence

either way what David Henry is doing (DC) its not working for his hamstrings

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »
Maybe he's genetically predisposed to have difficulty with that particular bodypart

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 06:12:03 PM »
Maybe he's genetically predisposed to have difficulty with that particular bodypart

I mentioned that possibility - could be . . .

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 06:14:19 PM »
Yeh its a bit cliche to throw in the ole genetics thing isn't it.  I feel like I'm making a nothing comment even suggesting it.

Maybe it is on his list of "things to do", can't focus on everything at the same time I guess.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 06:16:39 PM »
Yeh its a bit cliche to throw in the ole genetics thing isn't it.  I feel like I'm making a nothing comment even suggesting it.

Maybe it is on his list of "things to do", can't focus on everything at the same time I guess.

true enough, Rocket - I'm sure we both wish him the best

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 06:23:29 PM »
DC Training is pretty much crap to begin with.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 06:23:59 PM »
It's unfair to put henry's legs up against mohammad's in the first place, hell you can basically put mohammad's legs up against any other pro's and you'll see the same difference.  Henry is lacking in the hams I can agree but the two are not even on the same axis

BallzDeep69

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 07:44:59 PM »

Nail on the head right there. ^

Dave just likes DC training because he gets excited by the fast increases in strength he gets from it.  Not realizing that strength increase alone on one rest-pause set is no substitute for volume, atleast not a permanent one.  Sure he's grown, but put anyone on enough Test, Deca, and Dbol and you'll grow on just about any stinkin' routine.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 07:48:05 PM »

Dave just likes DC training because he gets excited by the fast increases in strength he gets from it.  Not realizing that strength increase alone on one rest-pause set is no substitute for volume, atleast not a permanent one.  Sure he's grown, but put anyone on enough Test, Deca, and Dbol and you'll grow on just about any stinkin' routine.

ummmmm the guy is not strong... he only does machines.. He probably struggles with 315 on the incline.
just push some weight!

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 09:02:51 PM »

That's interesting.  Somehow this DC crap is transforming my body like no other program I've ever done.  Dugdale's doing it now.. Henry is doing it with great success. 

Just for grins, why don't you post some pics of your incredible physique, competition record, and credentials regarding training, anatomy, physiology etc.  I don't know anything about you other than your opinion that DC is "crap."

Oh, by the way I am a natural bodybuilder too... my anabolic weapon is food.
Romans 1:20

humble pie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 09:47:49 PM »

oh yea, and all those tiny powerlifters too....all that low volume , 3X3 stuff,  what are they thinking?

have ya actually tried the program?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 09:48:54 PM »

bingo!

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 11:35:23 PM »
There's no doubt that DoggCrap training is a unique and effective approach to gaining massive amounts of muscle. The most notable follower of DC training is none other than the new giant killer - the little big man - Dave Henry. Yet, for all the size he's packed on over the past couple years he is still trying to bring up his hamstrings in vain. Unfortunately, while the rest of him is growing, his hams aren't improving at quite the same pace. Is this because of genetic limitations or does DoggCrap = Crappy Hammies???

Consider the following:

Looks to me like Mr. Henry needs to put DC on hold and Marvel at this:

So how does Mustafah train his hamstrings? 

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 11:39:41 PM »
That's interesting.  Somehow this DC crap is transforming my body like no other program I've ever done.  Dugdale's doing it now.. Henry is doing it with great success. 

Just for grins, why don't you post some pics of your incredible physique, competition record, and credentials regarding training, anatomy, physiology etc.  I don't know anything about you other than your opinion that DC is "crap."

Oh, by the way I am a natural bodybuilder too... my anabolic weapon is food.

brianX, are you going to answer the challenge?

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 11:43:07 PM »

This shot is not Mustafa... He does not have any shredded hams

That's Lee Priest
I am a mini beast

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 03:40:54 AM »
This shot is not Mustafa... He does not have any shredded hams

That's Lee Priest

Lee always looks good.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 03:49:07 AM »
Lee always looks good.

YIP
Zack

Yes he always shows up in shape.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 04:34:37 AM »
first off if you say DC training is crap you've either A) Not tried it or B) Didn't understand it.  By not understanding it I mean you don't know how to generate the type of intesity needed to use the program effectively.  The whole theory of rest pause has been around for years and it has proven to be effective by tons of people.  The thing with DC training is he took alot of pre existing intesity techniques and put them together in a manner that made sense.  I'm in a unique position with this type of training.  I've trained using volume and did it for a long time, I was set to do the 91 junior michigan but got hospitalized and had to stop training for along time.  I did blood and guts around 93 and did well with it but didn't really understand the simple fact that as you increase intesity you need to drop volume.  I stopped training for along time, about 3 years while I went back to school and did alot of research in my spare time.  I did Max OT and it was very effective when I came back but the problem with this routine is it trashed my joints so I decided to try DC training.  It's very effective to say the least.  In the begining, about June of 04 I did everything excactly as outlined in the DogLogg, except for rinsing the beef and using olive oil in my shakes.  I totally loaded up on protien, I lived for eating protien.  My weight when I started was about 194.  I went from June to around the middle of august like this and didn't check my bodywieght but I knew good things were happening.   We had a pretty bad family tragedy that I won't get into again and I had to really cut back on my training, I checked my weight and I was up to 211.  Since that time I've cut back on my intesity but have still managed to make decent gains considering my effort is only at about 70%.  Right now I'm about 200lbs but my family life is crazy so I can't go 100%.

Anyway I think Dave is just genetically weak in the hamstring area but they have gotten better since he turned pro just have not grown at the same rate as the rest of his body.  To say Dave is weak because he uses machines is pretty much an uninformed statement.  I don't know Daves exact routine but just because he uses machines does not mean he's weak.
nasser=piece of shit

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 04:44:55 AM »
Lee is shorter, much shorter,

and about DC,
DC is worthless. It's nice for a change sometimes, but for the longrun it's worthless. It depends to much on rest, you cant train two days in a row cause your CNS can't handle it, cause DC focuses to much on strength rather than quality.
So if somebody is telling you that he's making great gains, he did something seriously wrong in his old routines. If you're only able to train three times a week,
make a decent push-pull routine, and train legs seperately. Switch once in a while and do a chest/back and arms/shoulders routine. Keep having a one day for legs.

andydude00

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 04:51:35 AM »
Anyone care to explain to a newbie what is DC training is? Some links please.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 05:00:04 AM »
Lee is shorter, much shorter,

and about DC,
DC is worthless. It's nice for a change sometimes, but for the longrun it's worthless. It depends to much on rest, you cant train two days in a row cause your CNS can't handle it, cause DC focuses to much on strength rather than quality.
So if somebody is telling you that he's making great gains, he did something seriously wrong in his old routines. If you're only able to train three times a week,
make a decent push-pull routine, and train legs seperately. Switch once in a while and do a chest/back and arms/shoulders routine. Keep having a one day for legs.

no offense but if you are training all out like you're supposed to be on DC training you can't train 2 days in a row, there are studies that show that if you train hard your CNS does take a hit that's why the typical DC routine goes something like train on Monday, Wedsday and Friday thats it.  Alot of HIT routines are set up like this.  The thought process is that you need more rest the harder you train.   Does a standard push pull routine work?  I'm sure it does and I made decent gains using this type of routine.  The problem with this type of routine, especially for younger guys is they have a tendencey to add excersise after excersise, the thought process being "well if 3 sets is good then 5 will be better".  this is not how the body works.  To say that a routine that focuses on rest as an important factor to gaining muscle is a very uninformed statement.  
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 05:12:24 AM »
Anyone care to explain to a newbie what is DC training is? Some links please.

in a nutshell, and I'm not an expert so take it for what it is.

take a body part and evaluate it, what are it's weak points and what movements will make these better, you also factor in your favorite movements, pick 3 so for chest lets say you do Inclines, declines and a machine press.  you will work chest every other workout, the body is split up like this:

work out 1
chest
shoulders
tri's
back width
back thickness

workout 2
bi's
forearms
calfs
quads
hams

for the first workout on for chest you will do inclines, nice heavy weight until failure, lets say it's around 8 reps.  You'll do the 8 reps rack it take 12-15 deep breathes and do another mini set until failure again rack it for another 12-15 deep breaths and do one last mini set, you should be at total musculare failure at this point, then you can perform a static hold for about 20 seconds followed by an extreme stretch.  You also are supposed to do every negative portion of a rep at a nice slow pace, you should be able to stop the weight at any time if you chose too, so you must be in complete control of the entire movement.  Nice explosive positive portion of the movement.  write down what you did and next time you have to beat it either by reps or by weight.

that's just a very brief overview...go over to intense muscle and search the dog pound forums, you'll get a ton of info about the program from that site.
nasser=piece of shit