Author Topic: First European city to go to the hands of the islamists  (Read 2782 times)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
First European city to go to the hands of the islamists
« on: November 15, 2006, 02:21:15 PM »
German Population Plunge “Irreversible,” Federal Stats Office Admits

Germany has one of the largest populations of Muslim immigrants in Western Europe, with a Muslim community of over 3 million. That trend is expected to continue, leading some demographic trend-watchers to warn that the country is well on the way to becoming a Muslim state by 2050, Deutsche Welle reported.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: First European city to go to the hands of the islamists
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 02:33:03 PM »
Germans average less than one child per household. Looks like the Germany is in a decline that will not reverse itself.
The House that Ruth built

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 02:34:15 PM »
Doesn't the US have similar numbers with hispanics?

I am a closed-borders type of guy.  And it saddens me that certain groups who 1) make babies like rabbits and 2) contribute far less tax $, tend to take over cities.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 02:37:10 PM »
Doesn't the US have similar numbers with hispanics?

I am a closed-borders type of guy.  And it saddens me that certain groups who 1) make babies like rabbits and 2) contribute far less tax $, tend to take over cities.

The ones taking over Germany are islamists. The guys on the flights on 911 were from Berlin no?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 02:38:10 PM »
Unfortunetly I don't think it will take that long (2050) for the US to lose the southwest. Hopefully Germany will take a stand and stop freeloaders. If thats what they are doing, like they are here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 02:38:56 PM »
they did meet in germany beforehand, yes.

Germany's ambassador called Bush in early august and told him all about the 911 plot.  Bush responded "Thank you.  We are aware of this.  Please do not mention this to anyone else".

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 02:42:35 PM »
One way for Germany to fix this...

;D
S

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »
they did meet in germany beforehand, yes.

Germany's ambassador called Bush in early august and told him all about the 911 plot.  Bush responded "Thank you.  We are aware of this.  Please do not mention this to anyone else".

240, I thought that earlier you had said Bush wasn't in on the conspiracy?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »

;D

ROFL!

Maybe they have some of his remains left so that they can extract enough DNA to clone him? :-*
الاسلام هو شيطانية

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 02:45:28 PM »

;D

Wonder what Europe, for that matter the world would look like today if Germany and Hitler had prevailed. I enjoy reading alternative history books.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 02:46:57 PM »

Wonder what Europe, for that matter the world would look like today if Germany and Hitler had prevailed. I enjoy reading alternative history books.

I was actually thinking about that the other day.

Can you recommend any good books?
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 02:54:41 PM »
240, I thought that earlier you had said Bush wasn't in on the conspiracy?

We need an investigation to find out who knew what, and when.  I believe GWB did what he thought was right, and did things he was asked to do.  Was the the man with the plan? Absolutely not.  But to believe him when he said he had no idea, when we have so many world leaders - ALLIES - who admit they told us before 9/11...

well, only a person who doesn't want to know the facts, would still believe Bush didn't know.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 02:58:44 PM »
I was actually thinking about that the other day.

Can you recommend any good books?

I just read a good one. Jet Stream. In short America has been in lots of wars. The country is exhausted. The military is a shell of itself. Quebec is now its own nation. The worlds two superpowers are the European Union and in Asia a team of Japan and China. The European Union stages an assault with their close allies in Quebec on an undermanned and outgunned United States and what remains of Canada.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 03:01:03 PM »
We need an investigation to find out who knew what, and when.  I believe GWB did what he thought was right, and did things he was asked to do.  Was the the man with the plan? Absolutely not.  But to believe him when he said he had no idea, when we have so many world leaders - ALLIES - who admit they told us before 9/11...

well, only a person who doesn't want to know the facts, would still believe Bush didn't know.

I tend not to believe in these conspiracy theories. That being said I want unequivocal proof of what happened and wonder if the general publics knows everything or if we ever will.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 03:01:41 PM »

I just read a good one. Jet Stream. In short America has been in lots of wars. The country is exhausted. The military is a shell of itself. Quebec is now its own nation. The worlds two superpowers are the European Union and in Asia a team of Japan and China. The European Union stages an assault with their close allies in Quebec on an undermanned and outgunned United States and what remains of Canada.

Cooooooool i'll check that out.
S

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 03:07:14 PM »
thank ya sir
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 03:19:11 PM »
That being said I want unequivocal proof of what happened and wonder if the general publics knows everything or if we ever will.

Thanks to computers, the internet, and tv, I think what really happened on 9/11 will come out in the next 20 years.  Of course no one really knows everything (except those involved), but most reasonable people will agree there have been facts ommitted by our govt, stories have changed, and the explanation is incomplete.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 03:21:53 PM »

awesome bmacsys....know of any others? i fucking love that 'alternative history' especially around ww2 stuff...but the good ones are harder to find than bigfoot

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 06:24:34 PM »
yeah, they'll become an islamic state.  ::)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 12:11:08 AM »
yeah, they'll become an islamic state.  ::)

Your opinion is null and void before you release it from you jihadist mouth! :-*
الاسلام هو شيطانية

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 12:15:21 AM »

Have you seen DOAP yet?  :)
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 12:29:07 AM »
ADL Hails Passage of New Immigration Law in Germany
New York, New York, May 28, 1999 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today lauded the passage of sweeping changes in Germany’s immigration law, saying the easing of the nation’s once rigorous naturalization requirements "will provide a climate for diversity and acceptance.

"It is encouraging to see pluralism taking root in a society that, despite its strong democracy, had for decades maintained an unyielding policy of citizenship by blood or descent only," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director. "The easing of immigration requirements is especially significant in light of Germany’s history of the Holocaust and persecution of Jews and other minority groups. The new law will provide a climate for diversity and acceptance in a nation with an onerous legacy of xenophobia, where the concept of `us versus them’ will be replaced by a principle of citizenship for all."

The new law reduces the waiting period for adults to become eligible for naturalization – from 15 to 8 years – and enables children born in Germany of immigrant parents to maintain dual citizenship until age 23, when they must decide their permanent citizenship. The law as previously written was based on ancestry, making it far more difficult to become a naturalized German citizen, even after many years of residence. Pressure to change the law came as waves of Turkish and other immigrants, often referred to as "guest-workers," poured into Germany in recent years. These included asylum seekers from Eastern Europe, many of them Russian Jews. Today, immigrants account for approximately 10 percent – or 7 million – of the reunified nation’s population of 80 million people.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 12:33:01 AM »
Germany in Transit:
Nation and Migration 1955-2005

Edited by Deniz Göktürk, David Gramling, and Anton Kaes

(Forthcoming in 2006, UC Press)

In this age of global trade and traffic, mass migration and expanding media networks, our planet seems to have shrunk considerably, while rifts between groups have grown deeper. According to UNESCO’s 2000 World Culture Report, cultural diversity, conflict and pluralism are now central categories in debates about politics and policies on both national and transnational levels. In the US , multiculturalism has become a fiercely contested concept, prompting some critics (David Hollinger, for example) to propose conceptualizations beyond ethnicity, beyond multiculturalism or even beyond between, thus promoting the rediscovery of universalism in pluralism to avoid total fragmentation. In the European context, processes of supranational integration are engendering different, yet comparable tensions. The changing landscape of reconfigured borders and competing regional, national and post-national identities is further complicated by the incorporation of large migrant (or post-migrant) populations. The reality of living in multicultural and multilingual societies has become the object of heated debates and is generally seen as a major challenge for policy-makers. (See for example the British ESRC funded research program “One Europe or Several? The Dynamics of Change across Europe”: http://www.one-europe.ac.uk.)

We believe that debates about diversity must be evaluated against a broader international perspective. It is our contention, however, that questions of culture and rights, difference and integration, education and equality are still primarily framed within national institutional frameworks. The now famous Pisa Study, a comparative survey of educational goals among European states, published by the OECD in 2002, came as a shock to Germans, as it showed dramatically low standards at German schools, especially for migrants. National institutions are thus scrutinized on international platforms, and sovereign states face challenges arising from increased migration and globalization. Solutions, however, are mostly sought in national terms. Multiculturalism, too, is still primarily discussed within the parameters of the nation. Research on the topic therefore must engage with the specificities of national debates as well as global implications.

While “multicultural Germany  may sound like an oxymoron, the foreign-born population in Germany has reached 10%, a number comparable to foreign-born residents in the USA . The urgency of debates about Germany as an “immigration country cannot be disputed. It is the aim of our project to research and document the evolution of debates on multiculturalism in Germany and make them known in the United States, not only to promote a more differentiated picture of contemporary Germany, but also as a critical mirror of issues that are not all that different from those discussed elsewhere in Europe or indeed in the USA. We see Germany as a paradigmatic case for the ways in which European countries cope with migration and multiculturalism as these phenomena threaten national identity and a homogeneous environment that is far easier to navigate. The case of Germany , in other words, will serve as an example to develop ideas about diversity in the New Europe.

The proposed sourcebook “Multicultural Germany  will introduce an English readership to debates surrounding migration and multiculturalism in postwar Germany . Although questions of citizenship and the position of minorities in Germany have been discussed since the arrival of the first guest workers in Germany in 1955, these debates have only begun to dominate the news in the last decade. What to do with the “floods of foreigners ? How is one to distinguish between guest workers needed for the economy in the 60s and 70s and economic refugees from underdeveloped countries in the 80s and 90s? Do “ethnic Germans from Eastern Europe and Russia merit a different status than hundreds of thousands of refugees and asylum seekers? Has Germany become a land of immigrants? Should they become German citizens? What are the implications of dual citizenship? Can people not born to German parents become German citizens? Do they need to be “integrated into German culture and society, and if so, how can this be accomplished? How much “assimilation is necessary? Is there such a thing as a German identity, and if so what is it? Does the increasing emphasis on difference and diversity in the realm of culture obscure questions of social rights, inequality and poverty?   

These are some of the questions that seem to us of utmost importance, and not only for Germany . Anti-foreigner and anti-immigration sentiments are increasingly voiced in France , the Netherlands , Italy , Great Britain and in the United States , where debates about the danger and liability of “foreigners have periodically emerged over the last century. Even physical violence against “foreigners is not endemic to Germany as recent race riots in England have shown. Nevertheless, attacks against non-Germans in Germany evoke the horrific memory of Nazi persecutions. Debates in Germany about what is German will never be perceived as innocuous.

It will be the task of this collection to be both general in its questions and specific in its documents. By documenting how German society has been engaging with these larger issues we hope to cast new light on the contested ground of identity politics. The material will show how identification is nuanced and anchored in specific, ever-changing historical contexts. Migration, diversity, and identity have, in our opinion, a powerful symbolic dimension, and it is exactly at the intersection of social and political theory and cultural practice that we locate our project.

Despite the importance of this topic, no comprehensive collection of material exists which could be used as a resource and textbook in German and European cultural studies as well as in history and social science courses. The growing number of scholarly books and conferences on Germany ’s “foreigner problem attests to the urgency of the subject matter as does the increased number of university courses devoted to the interaction between Germans and Germany ’s large foreign population as expressed in literature, film, and journalism.   

The material will be organized around debates, rather than portraying individual minority cultures. Our aim is to present a polyphonic diversity of voices in each section (examples of Jewish, Italian, Turkish, Afro German as well as mainstream institutional discourses, both indigenous and immigrant, conservative and critical, old and young, male and female). A certain predominance of Turkish German debates is motivated not only by numbers (with over 2 million people of Turkish origin forming the largest minority living in Germany today), but also by perceptions of this particular group as a particularly visible immigrant population.

The proposed sourcebook is designed to be a new volume in the book series, " Weimar and Now: German Cultural Criticism," edited by Edward Dimendberg, Martin Jay, and Anton Kaes. Its format will follow the successful The Weimar Republic Sourcebook, which has sold more than 8,000 copies since it appeared in 1994. We believe that this new sourcebook will be equally useful in shaping a subdiscipline in German Studies that has been rapidly gaining interest among academic as well as general readers in recent years. German Departments in the US embrace the topic of multiculturalism for good reason: it allows them to interface with concerns of multiculturalism, postcolonialism and cultural studies that are presently discussed in the American academy; it shows a Germany much less foreign to American eyes than the romantic image of Germany still found in American textbooks, and it appeals to students of German who are interested in pursuing careers in political science, economics, law, and international relations.

The selection includes German documents and analytical commentaries centered around specific debates or discourses. Also included are statistics, caricatures, illustrations, and photographs. We project approximately 300 printed pages with illustrations. The average length of each chapter will be kept to 20-25 pages, containing 10-15 documents. Each chapter is introduced by a brief essay of 2-3 pages that endeavors to contextualize the various documents. A substantial introduction will provide the historical horizon against which the new debates should be read. The introduction will also map out the cultural and political discourses of German identity within an historical perspective, including earlier definitions of nationhood and race as well as other migrations, such as the postwar integration of twelve million refugees from the East.

The working bibliography will contain titles of translations and subtitled films that relate to the topic. An original special feature of the book will be a website that will allow constant updates, corrections, and dialogue with readers. Illustrations as well as statistics and an extensive bibliography will make the sourcebook an indispensable resource for teaching and further research in the field.

Intended Audience

The intended audience of the sourcebook includes undergraduate and graduate courses in German Studies, History, Political Science, Sociology, European Studies, Cultural Studies, and Ethnic Studies. Given the interest in the discourses of migration and immigration, diversity, race, citizenship and integration in this country, we can also count on a sizable general readership. Because of the topics importance we also expect the book to be reviewed in such papers as the New York Review of Books and the New York Times.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 12:34:00 AM »
politics suck. i need a good Bucs board.