Author Topic: 2010 Olympia - Jay vs Phil, Branch and Dexter. just thoughts!  (Read 1953 times)

Stavios

2010 Olympia - Jay vs Phil, Branch and Dexter. just thoughts!
« on: September 24, 2010, 10:45:10 PM »
Everybody is in shape  8)

Well everybody that matters (hum hum.... fankhouser)

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: This is the best Olympia in years
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 10:57:39 PM »
he's in shape, he just looks like a swimmer next to these guys.  It's more like he forgot to lift weights than do cardio. 

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
2010 Olympia - Jay vs Phil, Branch and Dexter. just thoughts!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 07:29:10 AM »
listening to the webcast last night, it seemed according to the commentators at least that the only thing heath had over jay was his back was a bit more detailed and in their words "popped". that's it? jay obviously outclasses heath in width,mass, thickness, size, kills heath in the legs big time, even in the prejudging cutler seemed more "polished" in his mandatory posing/poses, heath needed to work on that big time.

if it's close, i would think the judges will give it to jay. usually meaning almost always in a subjective sport where the winner is chosen by a panel of judges, (i.e. boxing, ice skating,etc) that when it's close the reigning champion is always "given" the win. the analogy in boxing is when the champion goes up against the top contender, the top contender has to literally "KNOCK OUT THE CHAMPION" to win, if it's close or even, the judges always give it to the champion in this case cutler.

also, there is the fact that every year the judges like to see improvements in the top competitors. it seems that jay is pretty much the same as last year, but heath has improved alot, which would sound like it's a good case for heath, however....

remember jay won easily last year, a unamimous 1st place across the board, heath wasn't even in the top 3 last year, so, with this rationale, if jay is the same as last year that no matter how much heath has improved with his gaining of 15 pounds since last year's competition, that i doubt that a easy winner last year jay can be beaten by heath, i don't heath improved that much to go from his placing last year to win the whole thing!

branch vs dexter? i can possibly see branch sneaking into second, but i can't see him beating jay since he hasn't done it in since like the early 90's! . i could see branch beating heath way more than branch beating jay. as far as dexter? i'll admit i've never been a big fan of his, i just think he is and always will be too damn small to be a mr.olympia. i think dexter will be battling rockel for his placing.

just my thoughts, will see what happens tonight.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Re: jay vs phil, branch and dexter. just thoughts!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 07:33:12 AM »
I got Jay in 4th. Phil and Branch batteling for the title.

But what do I know?

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 05:15:04 PM »

But what do I know?

Not much, evidently.  ;)

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 05:25:29 PM »
Not much, evidently.  ;)

haha, exactly

jay will be no lower then 2nd

not even a chance, he would have to inflate himself with motor oil and do his stage coloring with feces for the finals tonight to drop out of the top 2

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: 2010 Olympia - Jay vs Phil, Branch and Dexter. just thoughts!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 05:28:21 PM »
its very close between phil, jay and dexter. but Phil should win it. he has the freakyest most conditioned most complete body on stage. jay and dexter are just a shy behind him. jay has the thickest body with the most muscle. he is almost as wide as ruhl now, but he doesnt have the aesthetics or the back detail to rival phil, who is just about as big as jay now from top to bottom and front to back. dexter is a tad smaller than jay, and about the same size as phile from the front. but phil is slightly thicker and more conditioned from the back, and has a bit more freaky roundness to his muscles. i think dexter has the most elegant physique, and should place ahead of jay. jay just cant place ahead of dexter when dexter is sliced and full and jay isnt as symetrical.

long story short:

phil
dexter
jay

on a side note..   if kai green would have came in shredded, it would be lights out. he has the biggest, most awesome, most freaky, most tapered body up there. its a shame he isnt conditoned.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
Thighs and penguin walk
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 07:54:32 PM »
Anyone think it is odd the way pro bodybuilder's thighs are so big they can't walk without waddling?  It would be hilarious to have a Mr. Olympia footrace.

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 03:16:20 AM »

But what do I know?

not to much, as the results show us

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 03:17:46 AM »

But what do I know?

Branch aint battling for shit...He's good enough for 2nd or 3rd but not to win a big show like the Arnold or O

closeline

• Getbig IV
Re: 2010 Olympia - Jay vs Phil, Branch and Dexter. just thoughts!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 03:20:23 AM »
correct, he s to ugly therefore