Author Topic: Keto diet  (Read 6340 times)

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Re: Keto diet
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2024, 07:45:06 PM »
Ive done the keto diet for the past 8 weeks. The results have been pretty good but mucher slower to drop belly fat than when I was younger.

I did not test for ketones but most days were extremely low carb. Zero to maybe 10 grams of carbs at most. At week 5 and week 7 I traveled and while traveling I stuck more to intermittent fasting than a keto diet, it's just a pain in the ass to maintain any restrictions when traveling. This last week I fell off completely but plan on starting it again as soon as I'm  back home.

I documented it by with pictures of abs. Ill post some. Once you're in ketosis it's amazing how fast the fat disipates. Also there's times at the start when your muscles are flat and there's a drop in strength but around week 6 all of that subsides quite a bit...

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2024, 07:57:40 PM »
At the beginning

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2024, 07:59:53 PM »
A few days ago.... before I fell off the diet..

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2024, 08:02:07 PM »
Fell off a few days ago, out drinking, late night taco's,  you know... anyway muscles blew up with garbage carbs...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2024, 05:32:41 AM »
About 2 months ago I went to a virtually 0 carb diet, probably 50/50 fat protein. Started with a 5 day fast (have done many fasts in the past). Feeling pretty good, went from 220 to 210 (pretty lean to begin with). No calorie restriction

I stopped bodybuilding about 5 years ago (320 at my heaviest, have done it all drug and dose wise) and ride mountain bikes now, about 100 miles per week.

Most of the time I'm at about .6 mmol Ketone and 85 blood glucose according to Keto Mojo which puts be in "mild ketosis"

After a 3 hour bike ride my ketone is around 3.5 mmol and blood glucose still around 85 which is moderate to deep ketosis

Ketone levels vary alot based on activity, more active = higher ketone blood levels which makes total sense since more fuel is needed during activity.

I have sweet tooth and have been eating too much sugar lately. for me it is super easy to not crave anything when not eating any carbs so I just stopped them. Hopefully undoing the damage done by being close to 300lbs for 10 years.

I was worried about how 0 carbs would affect my riding and to my surprise it has not affected it much, I can now do a 3 hour ride fasted and feel to crash vs while eating carbs a 3 hr ride would require 200 grams carbs to not bonk.

Highest intensity efforts (180+ HR) I can't sustain for as long without carbs but moderate-high intensity I can go all day no with no food (around 150HR).

Long term goal is to lose 20-30 lbs to be more competitive in MTB races but 180lbs range would put me in the lightest weight of my life since I was 16 years old so might be wishful thinking.

Loving it

Good for you!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2024, 05:37:53 AM »

Looking good, beakdoctor!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2024, 05:58:41 AM »
Excellent results, Beak.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2024, 07:12:39 AM »
Fell off a few days ago, out drinking, late night taco's,  you know... anyway muscles blew up with garbage carbs...

Just what the doctor ordered

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2024, 07:14:20 PM »
Just what the doctor ordered

Ha! Maybe, maybe not. Having 2 side pieces is really wearing me out and I'm finding pussy really weakens my resolve. Doing my best but its a struggle when you're grizzled, gray and muscular and there are so many women out there with Daddy issues.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2024, 08:10:05 PM »
Old school bodybuilder Eddie Abbew has made the keto diet go viral in the UK recently.

With the real food, shit and fucking shit scale.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2024, 10:07:40 PM »
Old school bodybuilder Eddie Abbew has made the keto diet go viral in the UK recently.

Yeah, he sounds like a maniac. He always sounds like he knows what he's talking about at first but by the end of his vids, every other word is fuck this or fuck that...

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2024, 02:33:51 AM »

hes fucking boring, all he says is "dont eat this its shit" over and over again

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2024, 05:34:01 AM »

are you natural ? i ask that because you look like shit , this is a bodybuilding forum, trying taking some steroids, they work

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2024, 06:10:56 AM »

That's quite a masculine left hand you got there beak
Y

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2024, 06:17:52 AM »

Lmao! I hope those nails are for snorting coke

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2024, 06:20:21 AM »
thats his wanking hand, looks like a womans doing it

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2024, 06:48:42 AM »
are you natural ? i ask that because you look like shit , this is a bodybuilding forum, trying taking some steroids, they work

LOL, Right. Sure thing Queefcake. I'll "trying taking some steroids" as soon as you stop trying to pretend you're hetero.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2024, 06:51:12 AM »
thats his wanking hand, looks like a womans doing it

You can see the other pics just fine. There's nothing wrong with my hands. That is Royalty territory.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2024, 07:00:47 AM »

I'm sure Royalty or his queer alter ego BeefCake will be fantasizing about it for months.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2024, 12:26:52 PM »
Did it for the first time since the 2000s.

Back in the day, the mistake I made was that the fats were too low so I shrivelled up.

This time I was fat heavy. Felt good but the explosive diarrhoea after every meal got too much, and I can't risk that happening when I'm not at home. Had a bag of M&Ms today to give my gut the carbs it needs lol. Only lasted around 2 weeks.

Moving forward I'll still be eating keto type meals but in lower quantities + 100 grams a day of carbs from oats or rice.

I think everyone's bodies are different. Some people evolved to run on carbs better whereas others are meant to be primarily run on fats.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2024, 05:00:59 PM »
I've been a big meat eater for years but a couple weeks ago I was eating a top quality steak and I wasn't enjoying it at all. Been off red meat since then.

If I was dieting I'd be mostly carnivore but I'm not dieting. This is weird for me but I'm not going to force myself to eat expensive food that I don't even enjoy.

I bet it won't make any difference at all. Guess I'll see what happens.