Author Topic: King Kamali - I look like an overgrown Hobbit on the treadmill  (Read 95290 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: King Kamali - I look like an overgrown Hobbit on the treadmill
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2014, 09:30:44 AM »
i hope he snaps out of the fantasy world of bodybuilding n gets his shit together, he seems like hes got alittle sense, hope he does anyway
too late,,never wanted or had kids ,so that frees up a lot of money /time for the gym, still stays as big as he can even though he's not competing. lives for that 2 hrs a day in the gym to get his social and ego stroked as 'king'kamali for more yrs ...he chose it this way if he's happy god bless him..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: "He is an FNG Mutant" - Soldier of Kamali Army video on treadmill
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2014, 09:33:46 AM »
Why does anyone think pro bodybuilders need to be good at other sports or activities?
He's a pro bodybuilder, and doesn't give 2 shits about doing squat thrusts or hiking with  a pack.
I'd rather look and feel good then spend hours doing some goofy cross fit work.

A lot of BB have a false sense of their fitness and abilities overall.  Looking good does not equal actually being good. 

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2014, 09:45:49 AM »
This whole bodybuilding industry is built on people like him.
You see them daily in the gym, but outside the gym they don't exist.
It's pathetic actually to have nothing in life to look forward to except that fucking workout.
Their whole self esteem revolves around their muscles, take that away and they disappear.
They spend every dime they have and don't have on bodybuilding. Not only men, women too.

Wow, wait a minute. So what? You have to spend your money on something. Do you think it is better to just live mundane life when you go to work, get back from work, have no hobbies whatsoever except maybe watching football on TV with beer in hand? When you think about it, everyone is like that, they just focus on different things. Hardly anyone is versatile. Wether it's cycling, running, travelling or bodybuilding, people tend to obsess about one thing or have no hobbies whatsoever. As long as you are not an asshole to people who have hobbies different than you it's perfectly fine.

As much as I seriously feel for the guy and his failures I still consider his shitty life better than what 99% of people have to go through every day. Spending every dollar you have or don't have on kids, wife that gets fat, moody and you are both so fucking bored with each other you either cheat on each other or just don't have any sex at all. Kids and family is a good idea when you are rich as fuck. Look at celebrities like Pitt and Jolie, they genuinely enjoy this whole "family life", mostly because they have other people to deal with the shitty part of it. But compared to average Joe of his age, I would say Kamali is an epitome of success, lol.

BigNJ

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2014, 11:42:50 AM »
Who's to say what someone's passion can and can't be? What's pathetic is your over dramatic sweeping generalizations. All you know are the parts that people show you.

Get real man, passion? Passion for what? Bodybuilding?

Bodybuilding is no passion, it's a drug infested lifestyle, take away the drugs and let's see how passionate they stay LOL

BigNJ

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2014, 11:44:03 AM »
too late,,never wanted or had kids ,so that frees up a lot of money /time for the gym, still stays as big as he can even though he's not competing. lives for that 2 hrs a day in the gym to get his social and ego stroked as 'king'kamali for more yrs ...he chose it this way if he's happy god bless him..

Exactly!

BigNJ

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2014, 11:50:01 AM »
Wow, wait a minute. So what? You have to spend your money on something. Do you think it is better to just live mundane life when you go to work, get back from work, have no hobbies whatsoever except maybe watching football on TV with beer in hand? When you think about it, everyone is like that, they just focus on different things. Hardly anyone is versatile. Wether it's cycling, running, travelling or bodybuilding, people tend to obsess about one thing or have no hobbies whatsoever. As long as you are not an asshole to people who have hobbies different than you it's perfectly fine.

As much as I seriously feel for the guy and his failures I still consider his shitty life better than what 99% of people have to go through every day. Spending every dollar you have or don't have on kids, wife that gets fat, moody and you are both so fucking bored with each other you either cheat on each other or just don't have any sex at all. Kids and family is a good idea when you are rich as fuck. Look at celebrities like Pitt and Jolie, they genuinely enjoy this whole "family life", mostly because they have other people to deal with the shitty part of it. But compared to average Joe of his age, I would say Kamali is an epitome of success, lol.

So you think every person who doesn't bodybuild is bored with his life, has an ugly wife and kids and piss poor because they spend all their money on the family?

Really? Is that what you think most people are?

Come on, there's way more to life than that.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2014, 11:56:48 AM »
So you think every person who doesn't bodybuild is bored with his life, has an ugly wife and kids and piss poor because they spend all their money on the family?

Really? Is that what you think most people are?

Come on, there's way more to life than that.

No, read again. Also, what the fuck does "drug infested lifestyle" mean? Yes, he takes anabolics. So fucking what? Does it make him a bad person? Why the fuck do you care what he injects?

I don't mind hating on Kamali, he deserves that, but you guys are hating him for wrong reasons.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2014, 12:00:09 PM »
I've met this guy in person with my good friend Howard. King is an asshole, real jerk.
King was guest poser at the NPC La that I judged.
He posted on the boards that Bix was being a stalker and that I was right there with him .
Ok, so Bix got a little carried with the pics and stuff but it wasn't anything that bad.
For whatever reason, Bix annoyed him by being a fan, so who knows what the deal was.

The thing is King was pretty cool when I met him and his woman Barbara during the contest weekend.
At the seminar, King got pissed we called him on his absurd claim, that he consumed 10,000 g of carbs a day while carbing up.
He was quite stubborn and refused to back off , he actually consumed that much daily in pie filling.
When I pointed out, it was = to 40,000 cal, he laughed at me and said ; " Well we can't all be rocket scientists like Howard " and rolled his eyes.
He knew I taught physics for a living and tried to use that to make fun of me. Hmmm, not sure why?

King seemed like a decent dude, but he seemed to take things way too personal from a couple of yahoos like Bix and I. We barely spoke to him and don't  know him personally.  I wish him well in bodybuilding and his personal life and have no ill will against King.
He just seemed a bit too defensive, but, then again, I really don't know the man.
King is a much better bodybuilder then I ever was or will be, so I respect him for that.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2014, 12:05:44 PM »
He posted on the boards that Bix was being a stalker and that I was right there with him .
Ok, so Bix got a little carried with the pics and stuff but it wasn't anything that bad.
For whatever reason, Bix annoyed him by being a fan, so who knows what the deal was.

The thing is King was pretty cool when I met him and his woman Barbara during the contest weekend.
At the seminar, King got pissed we called him on his absurd claim, that he consumed 10,000 g of carbs a day while carbing up.
He was quite stubborn and refused to back off , he actually consumed that much daily in pie filling.
When I pointed out, it was = to 40,000 cal, he laughed at me and said ; " Well we can't all be rocket scientists like Howard " and rolled his eyes.
He knew I taught physics for a living and tried to use that to make fun of me. Hmmm, not sure why?

King seemed like a decent dude, but he seemed to take things way too personal from a couple of yahoos like Bix and I. We barely spoke to him and don't  know him personally.  I wish him well in bodybuilding and his personal life and have no ill will against King.
He just seemed a bit too defensive, but, then again, I really don't know the man.
King is a much better bodybuilder then I ever was or will be, so I respect him for that.

WELL SAID...I REMEMBER THE PIE FILLING CARBS LOL...

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2014, 12:06:17 PM »

So in short, he is a fucking moron who doesn't know what "calorie" is. You don't have to be a fucking physics teacher to know that 1g of carbs gives you 4 calories. He has spent couple decades dieting and still didn't understand shit about it.

So yeah, that's a good reason to hate on somebody. Not the fact that he has a passion in his life. It's actually a good thing.

UKwildcat

• Getbig I
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2014, 02:05:53 PM »
Why does anyone think pro bodybuilders need to be good at other sports or activities?
He's a pro bodybuilder, and doesn't give 2 shits about doing squat thrusts or hiking with  a pack.
I'd rather look and feel good then spend hours doing some goofy cross fit work.

Would you shoot yourself already!  Preferably in the crotch.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2014, 02:11:15 PM »
So in short, he is a fucking moron who doesn't know what "calorie" is. You don't have to be a fucking physics teacher to know that 1g of carbs gives you 4 calories. He has spent couple decades dieting and still didn't understand shit about it.

So yeah, that's a good reason to hate on somebody. Not the fact that he has a passion in his life. It's actually a good thing.

From the that seminar of King's , 13 yrs ago, I got the impression King was too dependent on " gimmicks" which  led to a short pro BB career.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »

I would, but my (current) 11th wife would divorce me. ;)

BodyConnoisseur

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • focused
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2014, 02:13:06 PM »

Great post

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2014, 02:19:01 PM »
In his absolute prime Kamali was up to 5 or 6 spotters needed for every lift.

lmao

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2014, 02:20:35 PM »

Great post. King seems  to be enjoying his current life.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2014, 02:24:37 PM »
I remember when DA died it was interesting to read the bumped dead pool threads that people were making from 2006 onwards that listed him. I have a feeling this might end up bring relevant for Kamali too.
O

BigNJ

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2014, 04:08:42 PM »

LOL ;D

BigNJ

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2014, 04:14:51 PM »
No, read again. Also, what the fuck does "drug infested lifestyle" mean? Yes, he takes anabolics. So fucking what? Does it make him a bad person? Why the fuck do you care what he injects?

I don't mind hating on Kamali, he deserves that, but you guys are hating him for wrong reasons.

I am explaining bodybuilding to you Betsy, calm down there. Did I hit a nerve?

I am saying Bodybuilding wouldn't exist without drugs, take the drugs out of the equation and it's all over.

Whether you like it or not, Anabolics and the other 100 shit Bodybuilders take are the reason bodybuilding still exists.

Let's see anyone go off the drugs for a year, let's see how passionate about their workouts are, when they work and work hard and nothing happens... Now read this reply again before you have a heart attack.

We all use or used Anabolics and we all know, once you are off you will shrink back to normal fucking person whether you like it or not.

Now go cook you chicken breasts and enjoy you night.

BodyConnoisseur

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • focused
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2014, 04:24:28 PM »

I am saying Bodybuilding wouldn't exist without drugs, take the drugs out of the equation and it's all over.

Whether you like it or not, Anabolics and the other 100 shit Bodybuilders take are the reason bodybuilding still exists.

Let's see anyone go off the drugs for a year, let's see how passionate about their workouts are, when they work and work hard and nothing happens... Now read this reply again before you have a heart attack.

We all use or used Anabolics and we all know, once you are off you will shrink back to normal fucking person whether you like it or not.

You and others keep mentioning bodybuilding wouldn't exist without drugs..okay and?

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2014, 05:29:07 PM »
did Tamali's wife leave him?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2014, 05:29:42 PM »

Same applies to track and field, weightlifting, powerlifting etc. And no, you wouldn't shrink to a size of a "normal" person. But yes, we would have hit plateau years ago and no one would watch people run 100m in 10s over and over again or bench press maybe 220kg @ 150kg and 40% bf. But it is what it is, no one knows what the fuck would happen for sure anyway. In most steroid-tainted olympic sport, weightlifting, records have to be reset every 20 years or so because sooner or later people will find a way to avoid drug testing, new method is implemented, major bust happens and no one is able to perform nowhere close to the old level. It is a cycle that repeats since the beginning of this sport. Like in Matrix, once in a while you have to hit the reset button and start over. These morons from IOC should have abandoned any drug testing years ago and let the sport flourish but instead they chose to kill it once in a while. Everyone knows it takes drugs to get to that level anyway. People from my work, software engineers and other IT freaks know that, everyone fucking knows that.

Question is, so fucking what. It is what it is, no one forces you to become IFBB pro or professional track and field athlete. They chose that path, let them die for us.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »
Same applies to track and field, weightlifting, powerlifting etc. And no, you wouldn't shrink to a size of a "normal" person. But yes, we would have hit plateau years ago and no one would watch people run 100m in 10s over and over again or bench press maybe 220kg @ 150kg and 40% bf. But it is what it is, no one knows what the fuck would happen for sure anyway. In most steroid-tainted olympic sport, weightlifting, records have to be reset every 20 years or so because sooner or later people will find a way to avoid drug testing, new method is implemented, major bust happens and no one is able to perform nowhere close to the old level. It is a cycle that repeats since the beginning of this sport. Like in Matrix, once in a while you have to hit the reset button and start over. These morons from IOC should have abandoned any drug testing years ago and let the sport flourish but instead they chose to kill it once in a while. Everyone knows it takes drugs to get to that level anyway. People from my work, software engineers and other IT freaks know that, everyone fucking knows that.

Question is, so fucking what. It is what it is, no one forces you to become IFBB pro or professional track and field athlete. They chose that path, let them die for us.

Ben Johnson ran 10.21 i think in 1984 Olympics having juiced for 3 years. No-one is probably running 10s on those tracks unjuiced ever.

Reset this ;)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »
And if you seriously think after years of work and with proper genetics no one would be much bigger than the average person you either never knew someone genuinely gifted, or you want to believe that because it makes you feel better about yourself. I know personally a guy who squatted 300kg raw, deadlifter over 300kg, benched over 200kg, all at bodyweight around 100kg and low bodyfat NATURALLY. Dude used to run fast as fuck, did full clean 170kg after one lesson with polish weightlifting team (they wanted to send him to competition right away, lol), could do any strength movement like muscle ups, ring muscle ups with ease etc. His natural free testosterone and hgh levels were through the roof when polish academy of sports tested him. There are freaks out there and those freaks on solid steroid cycle will become super-freaks we see on TV.

As for king Kamali, I have no idea what he would be without steroids, I honestly don't give a fuck. But most of people who frequent getbig.com, wanted, at some point in our life to be a bodybuilder. Dude was, at some point, like top10 in the world in this shit, a feat not many of us could repeat even if we wanted. I don't think many of us can say about ourselves that we are top10 in the world in ANYTHING. I never like the guy, never like the physique and from all the information I've got he seems like a moron but hey, it doesn't mean we cannot give him credit where its due.

GettingBig

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2014, 06:23:57 PM »

Great post +1.