Author Topic: the secret to big chest is lower chest  (Read 31653 times)

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
Re: the secret to big chest is lower chest
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2018, 03:07:17 AM »
Why you come in here and shit all over his chest?
because nothing irritates me more (when it comes to bodybuilders) than dumb bodybuilders who miss the point, you see, bodybuilding basically means, creating a sculpture, you are supposed to stop and contemplate your physique and make the necessary changes. Oh, and don't even get me started about ''bottom heavy bodybuilders''...grrr...

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2018, 03:10:39 AM »
They're disgusting beings.   
not disgusting at all. Was Arnold or Lou Ferrigno disgusting to you??

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2018, 03:13:51 AM »
Maybe....

But.... You females it is..... ASS

Hands fucking down
the f word is not necessary.

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2018, 03:16:39 AM »
Kind of agree with this actually. Incline works less of the chest overall as well creating a smaller chest if that is the focus. It is still mainly genetics but the modern push for stressing incline over decline is a bit bogus.
not only that, but working a lot of incline develops HUGE front delts, and once this happens, this huge front delts take over, as a result, you have bodybuilders with huge front delts and no chest

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2018, 03:19:16 AM »
my chest needs work
-add in dips
-lots of posing
-pull overs

learn to bench with your chest! me - i am a shoulder/tricep bencher - i know my issues - most men dont bench with their chest
the thing is, if your delts and triceps are too strong, to the point where they take over, you are pretty much doomed, and you have no one to blame but yourself, why did you train your delts and triceps so much??

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2018, 03:22:30 AM »
30 degrees. Thirty Degrees. Get it? It has already been posted that is the optimum incline angle, not the high angle that brings your delts into play.

There is almost no advocate of declines over inclines. Especially since declines put you at an odd position and angle, and one is probably more prone to have serious injury due to that exercise. You can develop the lower pecs doing flat bench.
30 degrees is not bad. again, you are creating a sculpture, how is your chest doing? is it growing up to par with the rest of your body? if it is, good, keep up the good work

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2018, 03:23:45 AM »
wrong, he ruined his physique by developing arms that are way too big and delts that are way too big compared to his chest, there are many bodybuilders who did this, I call it the huge arms/small chest syndrome. and about calves, Arnold was embarrassed of his calves in the beginning, but he trained hard and smart and they blew up, some bodybuilders simply lack the wisdom. It's not just genetics

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2018, 03:26:03 AM »

It’s all genetics, all the training in the world ain’t going to do jack

Explain dexter, Johnnie Jackson, Dennis Wolfe calves???

they lack the wisdom, look at Arnold, his calves were skinny and they blew up (with 1000 lbs calf raises, donkey calf raises with multiple men on his back, etc)

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2018, 03:28:58 AM »
secret to a big chest is to have a big chest :D

the overall mass is causing that hang
and just like in triceps mass, the inner triceps holds the most mass, the lower chest holds the most mass when it comes to pectoral muscles

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2018, 03:29:51 AM »

It’s all genetics, all the training in the world ain’t going to do jack

Explain dexter, Johnnie Jackson, Dennis Wolfe calves???

Exactly, but most can't handle the truth, they believe they can outwork bad genetics ::)

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2018, 03:31:30 AM »
Haney's pecs are much lower, thus giving him far more genetic potential for bigger pecs than Christian. If you look at those you mentioned, it is the case in each instance.This is genetic, no matter how many lower pec exercises you do, their shape and structure is genetic.
No,no, and no, Haney chest is bigger because he trained harder and smarter than Mike Christian!

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2018, 03:32:31 AM »
the secret to big chest is lower chest, most bodybuilders ''concentrate'' on their upper chest, when in reality they should concentrate on getting the lower chest bigger. Bodybuilders with big, massive chests have a different presence than bodybuilders with small, tiny pectoral muscles. There's something very impressive about a massive chest, bodybuilders like Arnold, Franco, Lou Ferrigno, Lee Haney and Ronnie Coleman come to mind

^in the above picture, you can see that the bodybuilder on the left (I forgot his name) has just as much upper chest development as Hany's, however Haney owns him on lower chest development, totally dominating him and making him look inferior. The chest is everything

Because chest is everything, Arnold also dominated everyone with his massive chest, the importance of lower chest can't be stressed enough

Ronnie Coleman is another example of pure chest dominance, he won because of his massive chest

good exercises for the lower chest are decline bench presses and dips. Once the chest is up to par with the rest of the body, you can just continue to grow just concentrating on flat bench presses, since the flat bench press works the entire chest, both upper and lower chest, but if the chest is lagging then take a good look at your lower chest

his back was nowhere near as impressive as his chest, same as Arnold, good back, but nowhere near as impressive as his chest. Jay Cutler actually had a massive back, but a lagging chest (not enough lower chest mass)

wrong, he ruined his physique by developing arms that are way too big and delts that are way too big compared to his chest, there are many bodybuilders who did this, I call it the huge arms/small chest syndrome. and about calves, Arnold was embarrassed of his calves in the beginning, but he trained hard and smart and they blew up, some bodybuilders simply lack the wisdom. It's not just genetics

the thing is, if your delts and triceps are too strong, to the point where they take over, you are pretty much doomed, and you have no one to blame but yourself, why did you train your delts and triceps so much??

I didn't think you could top the stupidity of your "I'm obsessed with Jeffrey Dahmer" thread, however here you prove me wrong. I don't think I've ever seen such utter stupidity when it comes to bodybuilding.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2018, 03:35:50 AM »
No,no, and no, Haney chest is bigger because he trained harder and smarter than Mike Christian!

You have no clue or you're a big time troll

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2018, 03:40:59 AM »
I laugh when someone says a top pro or former one has/had a small chest. No their delts and/or arms were just more devloped than their chest, same with arnold and lee who chest was biiger in proprtion to their delts, but their delts were by no means small.

the guys from haney and arnold's era also did alot of bodyweight dips and properly, not with the stupid chains around the neck injury shit

yes inclines hit front delts alot more, but they do still hit chest and in the sum of everything including flat/decline presses and flyes and dip there is an overall look that makes the muscles complete and tie in with the others.

Like the guys arguing about curls in that Charles Glass thread and how front delts get activated alot in some curling positions. So fucking what! Our muscles are all working with each other in alot of moves, that is how development occurs. Next to impossible to 100% isolate a muscle, whether a so called iso exercise or combo.

Lot of people running around with big asses these days doing ass to grass squats, yet none have the overall leg and glute develpment/look  of sprinters, cyclists and speed skaters who's movements are mostly paralell and above in nature.

same with olympic lifters who lists basically mimic the same plane of motion as front squats when they squat down, look at the sweep and lower quad development around their knees and tell me specific movements dont hit certain areas more than others.; they also have phenominal delt arm and back development and people I have talked to who did olypic lifting years ago(before it beceme a fad to do those lifts for a reps via crossfit) say they did not do curls/laterals. pushowns etc. I think that is where vince basile is kind of correct in talking about how when you work certain areas hard the other areas do grow in development. I am sure the olypic lifts from lets say an emg machine dont hit the biceps as hard and dirtectly as certain curls do but when you are doing cleans and jerks, snatches and assiatnce movemnts like front squats and others with mutliple sets several times a week with upwards of a few hundred lbs with the stronger people your whole body is getting stimulated

Tom platz did mostly close stanced upright squats and those weird range of motion hack squats that were like extreme sissy squats at the bottom.

Its not always genetics and drugs, it is also how people are structured I would believe what certain movements give them a response over others. Bethere does only moderate weight hacks and has great leg development.

Gymnasts do movements with mainly imitate dips and chins at various angles on the bars and beams

I am far from smart when it comes to these things, but I am smart enough to know that there things in studies that happen to the body whether someone is hitting and exercise targeting "lower biceps" or something that shows up as a pure mainly quad movement.

just do the exercises that don't cause the wrong kind of pain for a weight that challenges you in the rep range you are shooting for and do as many different planes of motion to hit the main target and they will stimulate all the other areas as well

All I know is the people who tend to do a variety of movements natural or loaded to the gills and who are paying attention to what they are trying to target ten to have more complete physiques

as per those 3 pros mentioned about their calves with all due respect every single video I have seen of any pro who has shitty calves train them they seem to not even be hitting them properly for them ie they dont seem to have the same connection(stretch./contraction) that they do when you see them training other parts. and not every bodypart respinds to the same type of training everyone does for a particular part

alot of those guys also probably damaged nerves by shooting the gear into the calves as well

fuck dorian apparently used to do a couple of lower set and for calves low reps for standing and seated. If it was all just genetics and drugs why did he bother with the couple of sets? other need to do 100's of reps a workout to get the same results. and why do ballerinas and soccer players and rugby players have such good calf development? who really knows

tl/dr/fu
wow, long post! (there's no need to write a book)

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2018, 03:42:04 AM »

I didn't think you could top the stupidity of your "I'm obsessed with Jeffrey Dahmer" thread, however here you prove me wrong. I don't think I've ever seen such utter stupidity when it comes to bodybuilding.
Oh really? and my IQ is 190, how do you explain that?

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2018, 03:43:38 AM »
You have no clue or you're a big time troll
Mike Christian actually has a good, big chest, but is it as massive as Haney's? no Haney had a monster chest (and this is why he was dominated by Haney)

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2018, 03:46:46 AM »
When will you morons understand, it’s GENETICS!

Not everyone is going to have flex Lewis or Dorian calves no matter what they do

By your analogy Johnnie Jackson trains chest, back, the same way as calves, why are his chest and back responding but not calves?? Hmmm

Flex Lewis trains calves with “shitty form” and look at his calves

Branch trains with loose form and has big calves and chest

it's not all about genetics, it's about wisdom too, look at Arnold and how he trained his calves

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2018, 03:47:33 AM »
Mike Christian actually has a good, big chest, but is it as massive as Haney's? no Haney had a monster chest (and this is why he was dominated by Haney)

Genetics

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2018, 03:48:09 AM »
Why do you post without reading? It is basic knowledge to not go above 30 degrees. Who is disputing that? You are not saying anything groundbreaking. Get it? No where did I post about a high incline.

Declines/flats are both fine for all parts of your chest. Sorry that you have difficulties doing a simple decline bench. Emg studies support my thinking not yours. My whole point is that incline emphasis is overrated when looking at actual muscle growth. It does the least out of the three. Not saying to not do it if you like variety/feels good but it isn't a magic exercise for "upper chest". You cannot separate lower/upper. Age old debate on this.

good, valid points

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2018, 03:48:51 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2018, 03:50:54 AM »

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV