Author Topic: The Golden Eagle - Tom Platz - Some Pics and Discussion  (Read 80061 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: The Golden Eagle - Tom Platz - Some Pics and Discussion
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2020, 05:54:10 PM »

Looks like a flat-chested lesbian grandmother wearing a Hawaiian silk blouse. :'( :'(

His attire is definitely very colorful and not reserved. He's kept his hair. Although, a different hairstyle might be in order.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: a Few Pics of Golden Eagle...
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2020, 06:13:42 PM »
Some of classic polyester Hawaiian shirts from 1960's can be $ 2000 - 3000  8)

Are you sure? I'd be interested in seeing a couple of them. Do you have a link? I couldn't find any that were anywhere near that expensive. In the 60's, wouldn't silk be the fabric of choice? Polyester was a new fiber which was hailed as being inexpensive and wrinkle free. In the past, I purchased some rayon Hawaiian shirts which were hard to tell apart from my silk ones.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2020, 06:40:28 PM »

Looks like a flat-chested lesbian grandmother wearing a Hawaiian silk blouse. :'( :'(

Who's the dike with Rick D?

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
Re: a Few Pics of TP...
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2020, 12:21:51 PM »
Are you sure? I'd be interested in seeing a couple of them. Do you have a link? I couldn't find any that were anywhere near that expensive. In the 60's, wouldn't silk be the fabric of choice? Polyester was a new fiber which was hailed as being inexpensive and wrinkle free. In the past, I purchased some rayon Hawaiian shirts which were hard to tell apart from my silk ones.

Prince Kuhio Shopping Mall , Waikiki !.

I can sell U 1,but  money 1st  ;D

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2020, 12:52:48 PM »
His attire is definitely very colorful and not reserved. He's kept his hair. Although, a different hairstyle might be in order.

Saggy is 'dreaming' about Platz too !.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2020, 01:22:16 PM »
Great legs.  Small cock. 
Lmfao! Well you don't know that, his legs were massive, the best ever!

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2020, 02:05:18 PM »

Steve Weinberger and Bev Francis are a fitness couple everyone should look up to.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2020, 02:23:50 PM »

Saggy is 'dreaming' about Platz too !.

Apparently, based on the quantity and frequency of posts where you make reference to 'Saggy',  not as much as you are dreaming of me. Sorry, I'm not interested.  :)

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
  • youtube.com/channel/UCM3b-ovhSj2GjARYWYWwODQ
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2020, 04:37:00 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2020, 08:27:22 PM »

1985 ;D

Would never have thought of wearing those shoes with that thong. Very interesting combination.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2020, 10:20:27 PM »
Who's the dike with Rick D?

Looks like the mom from "One Day At A Time"!  ;D

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2020, 11:34:12 PM »

Looks like the mom from "One Day At A Time"!  ;D

LOL.  Anne Romano?  Was that her characters name?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2020, 04:31:05 AM »
Tom did not have pro level arm development. That ruined his look. If he had arms like Lee Priest he would’ve been Mr Olympia

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2020, 04:48:51 AM »

Sadly age isn’t kind to any of us.
Unfortunately Tom looks like he is Soaked in Oestrogen
And it’s not a Good Look.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2020, 03:58:09 PM »
Tom is still a hero to me and he still looks manly

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2020, 04:10:09 PM »
Sadly age isn’t kind to any of us.
Unfortunately Tom looks like he is Soaked in Oestrogen
And it’s not a Good Look.

True.  Like a lot of guys, he probably doesn't train at all now.  We're getting old(er).   ;D  It is difficult, to say the least, to get into the gym and work out at this stage of life.  ;D ;)

That said, he was someone I kinda looked sideways to when it came to leg training as the squat was my favorite exercise.  The main guy I looked up to and respected for the squat was J.C. Hise, but Platz was kinda sorta a contemporary of mine and had a superb build. 

But man...those legs of his were exemplary.  He does look like a diminutive lesbian now...At least I don't.  Yet?   ;D ;D ;D

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2020, 09:08:44 PM »

Hi Tom.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2020, 09:30:36 PM »
True.  Like a lot of guys, he probably doesn't train at all now.  We're getting old(er).   ;D  It is difficult, to say the least, to get into the gym and work out at this stage of life.  ;D ;)

That said, he was someone I kinda looked sideways to when it came to leg training as the squat was my favorite exercise.  The main guy I looked up to and respected for the squat was J.C. Hise, but Platz was kinda sorta a contemporary of mine and had a superb build. 

But man...those legs of his were exemplary.  He does look like a diminutive lesbian now...At least I don't.  Yet?   ;D ;D ;D

What age will Tom be around early 60’s - it doesn’t appear he’s doing much lifting
As he’s not carrying much muscle tissue.
That’s fair enough if he no longer wants to lift, it’s just how feminine he looks that
Gets me. !!
I’ve always liked Tom’s physique at his best - Shame about his Biceps tear.
As for his Legs I don’t think anyone has quite matched them yet.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2020, 01:06:27 AM »

Hi Tom.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2020, 01:13:34 AM »

What age will Tom be around early 60’s - it doesn’t appear he’s doing much lifting
As he’s not carrying much muscle tissue.
That’s fair enough if he no longer wants to lift, it’s just how feminine he looks that
Gets me. !!
I’ve always liked Tom’s physique at his best - Shame about his Biceps tear.
As for his Legs I don’t think anyone has quite matched them yet.

Tom was born in 1955...so he will be 65 this year - later this year, if I recall correctly.

Tom did a photo shoot for MUSCLEMAG in 2008 [a replication of his 1987 shoot, where he was wearing the same sort of hat that Joey Jeremiah would wear in Degrassi High, which I thought was cool when I was a kid...but what do kids know about looking cool?  And who cares how we dress, anyway?  As long as people don't have horrible hygiene, I don't care].  I can't find these 2008 shots online [or the 1987 ones], but Tom's legs were massive then.  In fact...people on here thought they were the 1987 shots when I posted them, but I had just bought MUSCLEMAG hot off the press the day before I posted them.

If Tom's legs were still so big in 1987 that people confused the pictures for those having been taken during his prime...it's safe to say that he probably still has decent legs know for pushing 65.  I don't know that for a fact...but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.  He just had once in a lifetime leg genetics.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2020, 01:28:58 AM »
Tom did a photo shoot for MUSCLEMAG in 2008 [a replication of his 1987 shoot {...}]

Found them!

I posted them in this Ironage thread from Getbig:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=282838.0

LOL @ the Ironage mini-dispute I had with pellius regarding the age of the pictures posted.  It does go to show that Tom's legs were so good that people could have confused them for those in his prime - but if you look at the 2008 photos, I think it's clear his quads were not quite as full and round as they were from 20+ years earlier.  But I can't fault pellius or anyone else for confusing the two.

As I said above...if Tom's legs looked like this at age 53, I strongly suspect that they would still look good - and not just for his age.  I honestly think that Tom on hormone-replacement therapy and one leg workout a month would probably have bigger legs than 99% of the population.  He is just a genetic anomaly for legs.  I used to think he was below average in the upper body, which was exacerbated by his huge legs...but I think it's possible that his legs were just so big that they made his upper body look smallish by contrast.  Not sure which interpretation regarding Tom's upper and lower body size disparity is accurate though.

Here are the 2008 photos of Tom Platz [age 53 at the time these photos hit the press]:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=282838.msg3999885#msg3999885

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2020, 01:36:15 AM »
And here are the Ironage shots of Platz from, I believe, 1987.  I can't recall the year with complete certainty.  I wasn't following the bodybuilding scene in 1987, because I was five.  ;D  But my first guess was 1987, and psychologists say [or used to say, unless this has changed] that our first guesses/hunches are generally correct.

So I'm guessing these are indeed from 1987, where Tom would have been 32.  I think Tom slimmed down in 1988, and did not compete that year [but narrated those "Battle for the Gold" Ironage bodybuilding documentaries].  So...1987 sounds about right.  Maybe 1986.

While you can see that his quads were definitely bigger in these photos, it's not as if his 2008 quads at age 53 were small by ANY standard.  Maybe they would be a bit slim for professional bodybuilding, but I would say honestly not by much.  Tom was a genetic phenom for leg mass, and as far as I know - was absolutely balls to the wall in terms of training his quads.

Also, I enjoy the Ironage dispute I had with pellius here.  ;D  It's cool looking back at Ironage posts where Ironage Getbiggers clashed heads at times.  :)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=282838.msg4002700#msg4002700

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2020, 01:54:29 AM »
The amount of dbol that guy swallowed is mind boggling.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2020, 04:36:23 AM »
The amount of dbol that guy swallowed is mind boggling.

I always sort of assumed that based on his cheeks, but did he ever talk about it?

In his GMV.com.au "Golden Eagle" seminar DVD, he mentioned that he uses steroids and even went into some detail, I just don't recall him specifically mentioning Dbol.