Author Topic: Trying to learn: Why use a test base?  (Read 3902 times)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Trying to learn: Why use a test base?
« on: November 08, 2013, 01:39:07 AM »
Yes, I'm a n00b re AAS. But I want to learn, so here goes.

What I am wondering about is the insistence on using a test base with every cycle. Or more specifically: injecting test to have some test circulating. Every steroid shuts you down, I know. But why not use HCG instead of injecting test? Isn't the end result the same?

Example:
Cycle A: 125 mg/w test    +500 mg/w tren
Cycle B: 500 IU HCG EOD +500 mg/w tren

Sure the test will be a bit higher in cycle A, but at least it would remain close to normal in cycle B? Or would it not? Without further info it sounds strange to me to shut down testosterone by taking... testosterone.

Am I missing something?

FYI coming at this from a low dosage standpoint, at age 40 I have no more interest in getting huge.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Trying to learn: Why use a test base?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 05:00:11 AM »
You'll be shutdown with or without testosterone. The reason why test is recommended with every cycle is that it's your bodies natural hormone, and without it you may experience all the negative side effects low/no test causes. Testosterone plays a role in our bodies being able to run optimally and fight off certain health conditions.

I've run a few things without test and felt fine, but depriving your body of its natural hormone for extended periods of time is not something I would do. 

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 06:00:31 AM »
Fully agreed that having normal test levels is desirable. I was just wondering if use of HCG would maintain endogenous production enough. Because if it does,  then there wouldn't be a reason to use test concomitantly. Assuming HRT-like dosages of course.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 06:24:17 AM »
Fully agreed that having normal test levels is desirable. I was just wondering if use of HCG would maintain endogenous production enough. Because if it does,  then there wouldn't be a reason to use test concomitantly. Assuming HRT-like dosages of course.

I'm not so sure about hcg maintaining test levels in the normal range, I doubt it but I could be wrong. Need someone else to explain this better, curious myself now.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 07:36:18 AM »
lol dont do that "b" cycle ;D ;D

why test as base?

theres some things it does in the body which are important for health, and it kinda stacks really well with any other steroid :D
n

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:29:03 AM »
If ya not interested in getting big then why even touch trenbolone, test healthier than tren and tren makes ya big too, big ass traps and delts and a big grumpy head lol  ;)

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 10:28:05 AM »
yes once you have introduced a synthetic form of the testosterone hormone your body will stop production. so unless you are adding test to the injections your body wont get the benefits of the test signals , it will affect sex , mental help , and other functions that are ran by test

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 11:02:24 AM »
I've never bought into using HCG long term ed/eod... out of fear my nuts would desensitize to it.... so the only time I'll use HCG is when i'm looking to have a kid.

Someone on this board had a problem using hcg long term...can't remember now maybe it was arnoldjr.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 12:11:06 PM »
If ya not interested in getting big then why even touch trenbolone, test healthier than tren and tren makes ya big too, big ass traps and delts and a big grumpy head lol  ;)
or the both of them as combo :D
n

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 04:32:46 AM »
using hcg for the entire duration of a cycle is a horrible idea, you would be pulling your body in 2 different directions and your body would struggle to produce the LH after some time which means you would have to increase your hcg dose as you go just to get the same effect.

In the mean time your test levels would not even reach normal levels. Test is a must, why try to avoid it, I do not understand, why?... Ironically the negative side effects associated with juice comes in from your natural production being low, you need test.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 04:54:51 AM »
using hcg for the entire duration of a cycle is a horrible idea, you would be pulling your body in 2 different directions and your body would struggle to produce the LH after some time which means you would have to increase your hcg dose as you go just to get the same effect.
Yet it is a popular HRT protocol (1x250 mg test weekly, plus 2x 500 IU HCG the two days preceding the test injection). If it is so bad, why is a reputable HRT doc prescribing it? Actually I'm following this protocol myself for that exact reason: an actual HRT doc prescribes it. And of course this is to be used permanently, not just in cycles.

Not saying the medical establishment is infallible. But if I should take the internet's word over a doctor I need some background to research further.

In the mean time your test levels would not even reach normal levels. Test is a must, why try to avoid it, I do not understand, why?... Ironically the negative side effects associated with juice comes in from your natural production being low, you need test.
I'm not avoiding test, have been pinning it for a few weeks now. But the 'why' escapes me, especially if HCG is added to restore normal HPTA function. To my mind normal function would have to mean normal  (or close) test levels. I definitely notice it if I miss my HCG shots, so it does do something.

gatorr

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 05:19:40 AM »
Why run test? cuz its the one of the best hormones for muscle growth and strength. Well i have done cycles without test and with and i will tell you the cycles with test are so much better for size and feeling "normal". Plus the high libido is a big plus. Been at this chemically enhanced  game for 18 years and test is always the base and then cycle other compounds for different effects.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 05:25:09 AM »
Yet it is a popular HRT protocol (1x250 mg test weekly, plus 2x 500 IU HCG the two days preceding the test injection). If it is so bad, why is a reputable HRT doc prescribing it? Actually I'm following this protocol myself for that exact reason: an actual HRT doc prescribes it. And of course this is to be used permanently, not just in cycles.

Not saying the medical establishment is infallible. But if I should take the internet's word over a doctor I need some background to research further.
I'm not avoiding test, have been pinning it for a few weeks now. But the 'why' escapes me, especially if HCG is added to restore normal HPTA function. To my mind normal function would have to mean normal  (or close) test levels. I definitely notice it if I miss my HCG shots, so it does do something.
doctors know jack shit in this field, it is a joke actually. The reason they do this is because at 250mg per week you your hypothalamus is NOT completely shut down so they administer hcg to increase the LH in the pituitary gland, still a horrible idea.

500mg of tren on the other hand will completely shut you down, which mean the hypothalmus would not be producing anything at all, which means the production of LH is not just low but completely void, so in one direction you are shutting down the hypothalmus and in another direction you are producing LH by administrating HCG which could in fact cause you to completely crash the production of LH in the long run and yes for good causing you very low test levels for the rest of your life. I know an exaggerated claim here, but still there is a risk.

HCG is not even meant for this reason at all, it is produced by pregnant woman in the placenta for fertility reasons and just so happens it increases ovation and egg count so some clever guy decided to try the synthetic version to increase his egg count and found that the LH is produced resulting in the release of testosterone.

HCG is no joke, a very powerful hormone, it does not make sense to take other compounds, avoid test and take hcg, sorry but it doesn't and your doctor won't be doing that for long, I guarantee this will change in the future. HRT is relatively new to doctors so they are still finding out what is best and they to will soon find out that HCG SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS PCT

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 09:43:44 AM »
just out of curiosity.... when test is perscribed for a genuine medical reason ( not trt ) is pct perscribed at the end of a course?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 12:11:50 PM »
just out of curiosity.... when test is perscribed for a genuine medical reason ( not trt ) is pct perscribed at the end of a course?
Doctors are dumb sometimes, apparently the norm is to take a shot of HCG after every test shot, which means no PCT

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »
I have found very little in medical literature regarding cycling/stacking anabolic hormones. Only coritco steroids are dealt with in detail by doctors. Die to this reason, it would be plain dumb to visit a doctor for anabolic hormones. In any case if the doctor has been in constant touch with atleletes, he will be good. Correct me if i am wrong.
$

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 11:11:05 AM »
I have found very little in medical literature regarding cycling/stacking anabolic hormones. Only coritco steroids are dealt with in detail by doctors. Die to this reason, it would be plain dumb to visit a doctor for anabolic hormones. In any case if the doctor has been in constant touch with atleletes, he will be good. Correct me if i am wrong.
no you are right  ;)