Author Topic: Charges dropped against Temple football player accused of rape-chick set him up!  (Read 3651 times)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
http://articles.philly.com/2013-10-07/news/42797796_1_temple-football-player-praise-martin-oguike-text-messages

Charges dropped against Temple football player accused of rape, expelled from the University, stripped of his scholarship, and nationally vilified, after text messages showing that woman made it up to avoid football "groupie" image.

BY MENSAH M. DEAN, Daily News Staff Writer deanm@phillynews.com, 215-568-8278
POSTED: October 07, 2013
All charges have been dropped against a former Temple football player who was accused of raping a woman in a dorm.

The news came on what was supposed to be the first day of jury selection for Praise Martin-Oguike, 20, who was arrested May 30, 2012 and kicked out of Temple soon after.

A Temple business student from Maryland accused him of raping her inside his dorm room on Park Avenue and Norris streets four days before his arrest.

Martin-Oguike, an native of Nigeria who was raised since age 10 in Sewaren, N.J., by his pastor father and poet mother, maintained that the sexual activity was consensual.

"For the past 18 months, this young man has lived under a terrible cloud," said his attorney, James Funt. "After being branded as a rapist for a crime he did not commit, he was ostracized, stripped of his athletic scholarship, kicked out of Temple University and vilified nationally and on the Internet. The stain on his reputation and the impact on his life will never be completely erased."

Late last month Funt, who is seeking to have the case expunged, filed a motion asking Common Pleas Judge Denis Cohen to allow the woman's text messages between friends to be entered as trial evidence to expose her motive for allegedly lying about being raped.

Funt argued that she had been rejected by several other men, including football players, and did not want to get a campus reputation as a football "groupie" after Martin-Oguike "would not agree to have a romantic long-term relationship with her."

Funt told the judge that the text messages would show that the woman lied about when she last had sex before the alleged rape and would expose that she was injured having sex with another man. In one, which Funt read in court, the woman texted a friend about another sexual encounter two weeks before the alleged rape, remarking on how well-endowed the man was:

"I couldn't deal I was like screaming so much that he put a pillow in my mouth lmfao," the message said in part.

A call to Assistant District Attorney Ashley Lynam, who handled the case, was not returned.

- See more at: http://articles.philly.com/2013-10-07/news/42797796_1_temple-football-player-praise-martin-oguike-text-messages#sthash.rWqRjX80.dpuf

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
rape accusations of peace  ::)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Let me guess, the bitch was white?

Lesson? Hebrews stick to your own kind. Less of a chance that will happen.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
funny how the dudes name is all over the place, while not a single mention of the bitches name, protecting her even after they discovered she was lying all the time.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
So what happens to the bitch? Life sentence in prison? No? Another reason why the judicial system is fucked. She belongs to rot in a jail cell for the rest of her life

f450

• Getbig IV
So what happens to the bitch? Life sentence in prison? No? Another reason why the judicial system is fucked. She belongs to rot in a jail cell for the rest of her life

absolutely nothing. welcome to the united states of Feminism. Have a nice day.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!

Latin and Asian women are safe.  Don't go through life completely limited. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael

Our own kind is African American, All West Indian, Hispanic and Native American (This includes Hawaiians and Samoans) All Hebrews. I think that's a good enough selection.

f450

• Getbig IV

again... bullshit. Latin women safe? lol they are the craziest when upset. Asian women are sneaky and will have their revenge if they feel fucked over.. basically a scorned woman is a scourge to men. Fuck safe. I want the law to be on my side when one these bitches flips and decides to destroy my life because I dont want to be with her anymore..

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
 The dude was wronged. He probably has 4 or 5 hungry jew lawyers ready to attack this c unt in civil court.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
The dude was wronged. He probably has 4 or 5 hungry jew lawyers ready to attack this c unt in civil court.

What's the point though?  He won't get anything out of her, and it will cost him money to go after her.  It's a lose, lose situation.  Best thing he can do is try to get the charges expunged, and move on with his life.  Get back in football, finish school, and try like hell to get in the NFL.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Our own kind is African American, All West Indian, Hispanic and Native American (This includes Hawaiians and Samoans) All Hebrews. I think that's a good enough selection.

I've been trying to tell this to NZmuscle for the longest. eVenthough he is white, he could do better.

Look latin but move like sisters.  8)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Just need one!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
What's the point though?  He won't get anything out of her, and it will cost him money to go after her.  It's a lose, lose situation.  Best thing he can do is try to get the charges expunged, and move on with his life.  Get back in football, finish school, and try like hell to get in the NFL.

There needs to be a judicial precedent set and women that have been proven to purposely falsely accuse someone of rape should face prison time and fines.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
There needs to be a judicial precedent set and women that have been proven to purposely falsely accuse someone of rape should face prison time and fines.

AGREED!!!

Give the lying accuser the EXACT same sentence the man would have faced, had he been found guilty.

Twaddle

• Getbig V

I agree, but you're not going to accomplish that in civil court.  His time would be better spent petitioning his local district to arrest her.  Maybe something like, "Justice for __________!"   :D

bigmc

• Getbig V

it wont happen

womens groups argue it will stop people coming forward

and point to the low conviction rate in rape cases

its a political hot potato no politician is going to upset the apple cart with this
T

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
it wont happen

womens groups argue it will stop people coming forward

and point to the low conviction rate in rape cases

its a political hot potato no politician is going to upset the apple cart with this

I agree with you. 100%. But that's what should be done in a normal world.

The Idol

Wow. What a big shot this guys is. He knows everything about international women. And the little white snot has never been out of his mother's cellar. Fuck off.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl

Ask Mike Tyson about the less of a chance