Author Topic: guys who sit at thanksgiving dinner with a can of tuna,dumb asses imo  (Read 6277 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: guys who sit at thanksgiving dinner with a can of tuna,dumb asses imo
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 07:13:44 AM »
enjoy a bit more than usual'you'll live'cut back next days ,if ur lean it will not matter,,its all sodium anyway,,,drink water..if your competing now then be the family pariah and lock yourself in your room and play your playstation with your rusted can of tuna on the floor...

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 07:14:25 AM »
I'll admit, I've fallen into this mindset before, and have a tendency to almost still do it. At the time it was a way for me to learn that discipline. I didn't feel at the time I had it to where I could know how or when to ease up when it came to diet, so instead would go to extremes rather than lose control.  

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 07:17:15 AM »
I'll admit, I've fallen into this mindset before, and have a tendency to almost still do it. At the time it was a way for me to learn that discipline. I didn't feel at the time I had it to where I could know how or when to ease up when it came to diet, so instead would go to extremes rather than lose control.  
i have many times ,,believe me..but i have bit more understanding now after many yrs of training to get around it and around the theory oh i can eat this and not want to punish myself,,,show shape is much different than gym/everyday lean looking good look,,pick one and get over it..

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 07:17:32 AM »
heard guy in gym saying on thanksgiving he eats his regular diet of tuna and broccoli and doesnt chow down on the great food,cmon man that is just plain stupid imo,unless u have a show in december or january that is plain dumb to deprive yourself.listen im as hardcore as the next guy when it comes to training and diet but cmon man,i do enjoy a nice morning workout though but frigg that shit as far as the food,im eating and enjoying myself

I used to bring tupperware containers of chicken and rice to Thanksgiving and Christmas.....even once to my own birthday dinner LOL.  ::)

It was completely stupid LOL....and never once have I or will I step on a stage in a panty to make muscles LOL.  

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 07:19:59 AM »
These guys are all misguided with this stuff, as if one meal ruins the whole thing.

I remember someone on this forum once stated they wouldn't do a few pull ups at the playground because he thought it could affect his back workout the next day.

1. Misguided - Excuse me sir, but the only thing misguided is steering away from ideal macro-nutrients .  Guys like him don't need family or loved ones. They only need a good gym , proper food and plenty of hand lotion for jerking off because they lack the personality required to date real girls. ;D

2. He can only do pull ups in the gym on one of those wt assist, Pull up/ dip  machines ,that help lift ya LOL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 07:20:19 AM »
I used to bring tupperware containers of chicken and rice to Thanksgiving and Christmas.....even once to my own birthday dinner LOL.  ::)

It was completely stupid LOL....and never once have I or will I step on a stage in a panty to make muscles LOL.  
yeah ,,why draw attention,,,even guys who have ridiculous amounts of pro or close to size look riduculous with a cooler everywhere,,a construction is one thing,,,

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 07:21:21 AM »
Maybe if they are dieting for a pro show with big money on the line, otherwise it's ridiculous.

The greatest pleasures on earth are sex and eating.

If you are training hard, one huge meal and several desserts is not going to harm you, or change the way you look at all.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2014, 07:22:52 AM »
mass 04 and Krankenstein are the authorities on this topic.

We need to find that thread...that was some classic funny stuff posted ;D

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2014, 07:23:15 AM »
i have many times ,,believe me..but i have bit more understanding now after many yrs of training to get around it and around the theory oh i can eat this and not want to punish myself,,,show shape is much different than gym/everyday lean looking good look,,pick one and get over it..

For sure, and finding this board has definitely been really helpful for learning to understand things like that.  

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2014, 07:44:22 AM »
Maybe if they are dieting for a pro show with big money on the line, otherwise it's ridiculous.

If you are training hard, one huge meal and several desserts is not going to harm you, or change the way you look at all.

best response yet imo, u got it exactly right bro and i couldnt agree more. they can still pig out and 2 to 3 days later the bloat will be gone and they will look great again
R

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2014, 07:50:28 AM »
This is a person who is deeply insecure with himself and most likely suffers from an internal dialogue filled with self-deprecation. When he wakes up in the morning, he looks in the mirror and feels incomplete and lost in a world with so many other people. He needs to stand out, to feel important, as well all do. We all want to feel important, and so we partake in different activities to stand out to others. The difference is that this person takes it to extreme levels and drastically alters his body and diet to stand out. There is nothing that screams, "look at me" more than a built up body and an insane diet. During Thanksgiving dinner, you can be certain that this man walks around with his ego inflated and his chest puffed out, believing that he is some unique flower because of his willingness to eat tuna and broccoli on Thanksgiving. He knows this will elicit specific responses from people, such as, "Why are you eating that stuff?" He will then be able to answer how hardcore he is, how dedicated he is, how he has such a great passion. For a moment, this man will stick out with a towering majesty amongst the rest of us. He will feel on top of the world. He will feel as if he conquered something grand, and for a matter of moments, will feel quite special in this world. Everyone in the room is looking at him, in awe of his dedication. He will drive home, look in the mirror, and begin to have another internal dialogue filled with self-deprecation. He is alone, he has no witnesses to his sacrifice. This will only fuel his desire to be seen, to stand out, to be that unique flower that he always desired. He will repeat the same vicious cycle of bodybuilding the next day.
X

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2014, 07:54:13 AM »
When I was at my most obsessed with Bodybuilding, I was actually training natural and hadn't done a single cycle or prohormone. I correlate my obsession with the amount of bullshit I believe regarding 'secrets' to diet and training that could get me more 'results'.

As soon as I got around the right people (training wise) ran a few cycles, and read getbig a lot, the mist lifted from my eyes so to speak and my views towards training/dieting became more balanced.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2014, 08:01:11 AM »
That's exactly whats happened to me, Bigcyp. While I haven't cycled or taken a prohormone (yet. really so done natural training), I was at my worst mentally when I thought as a natural you had to be so strict with diet and frequency and all that.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2014, 08:05:40 AM »
That's exactly whats happened to me, Bigcyp. While I haven't cycled or taken a prohormone (yet. really so done natural training), I was at my worst mentally when I thought as a natural you had to be so strict with diet and frequency and all that.

Yep, same principle applies whether on gear or not.

When you realise that bodybuilding is not a mystic religion, with appointed gurus to light your path, and specific amounts of protein at specific times lol you will be free to just train, stay in shape, get big, get small, whatever!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2014, 08:16:41 AM »

We need to find that thread...that was some classic funny stuff posted ;D

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=248977.0

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2014, 08:19:49 AM »
Unfortunately at the gym I'm not around the right people, and only was able to see the light here. And even then I have to admit that's only been since maybe the earlier part of this year. So I'm still spending a lot of time reading and catching up.But its a little frustrating when I do go to the gym and talk to people I know, swearing to me the latest haul from GNC is going to be giving them huge gains.  But I guess everyone takes the 'red pill' if and when they're ready.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2014, 08:21:38 AM »
Unfortunately at the gym I'm not around the right people, and only was able to see the light here. And even then I have to admit that's only been since maybe the earlier part of this year. So I'm still spending a lot of time reading and catching up.But its a little frustrating when I do go to the gym and talk to people I know, swearing to me the latest haul from GNC is going to be giving them huge gains.  But I guess everyone takes the 'red pill' if and when they're ready.

I'm not 'expert' like Vince basile lol - but feel free to PM me if you need any help.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2014, 08:24:09 AM »

x 100,000,000,000 !!!!!!

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2014, 08:25:36 AM »
heard guy in gym saying on thanksgiving he eats his regular diet of tuna and broccoli and doesnt chow down on the great food,cmon man that is just plain stupid imo,unless u have a show in december or january that is plain dumb to deprive yourself.listen im as hardcore as the next guy when itomes to training and diet but cmon man,i do enjoy a nice morning workout though but frigg that shit as far as the food,im eating and enjoying myself

unles his show is sat.hes an idiot

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2014, 08:36:10 AM »
Mental illness.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
thanksgiving should be celebrated at the gym giving thanks to the iron.
I agree.

I never liked the traditional Thanksgiving or Christmas and it has nothing to do with bodybuilding.
From as far back as I can remember my family would go to Thanks giving day dinner at my maternal grandparents.
There we would eat a traditional dinner with obscure relatives we only saw on holidays, weddings and funerals.
Christmas day had presents , but we ended up having the same kind of dinner at our place with even more obscure relatives.

I often wondered , besides some genetic link, what connection do we have with most of these people ( extended family)?
If we were really interested in each other's lives wouldn't we get together more often then 1 day a year?

I don't go to visit my mom during the busy holidays. It's a major hassle to fly to NH during the winter months and she's busy with lost of other people making dinner and preparing, etc. Instead, I go to see her each summer for a week straight or more. This way, my wife , mom and I enjoy a lot of nice, relaxed quality vacation time in her area. I also take her and my favorite aunt to dinner and a minor league baseball game.

FYI, both grandparents, my dad, sister , have died at this point. So I don't have much family to visit, even if I wanted to now.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2014, 08:39:09 AM »
I'm not 'expert' like Vince basile lol - but feel free to PM me if you need any help.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely take you up on that.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2014, 08:39:33 AM »
This is a person who is deeply insecure with himself and most likely suffers from an internal dialogue filled with self-deprecation. When he wakes up in the morning, he looks in the mirror and feels incomplete and lost in a world with so many other people. He needs to stand out, to feel important, as well all do. We all want to feel important, and so we partake in different activities to stand out to others. The difference is that this person takes it to extreme levels and drastically alters his body and diet to stand out. There is nothing that screams, "look at me" more than a built up body and an insane diet. During Thanksgiving dinner, you can be certain that this man walks around with his ego inflated and his chest puffed out, believing that he is some unique flower because of his willingness to eat tuna and broccoli on Thanksgiving. He knows this will elicit specific responses from people, such as, "Why are you eating that stuff?" He will then be able to answer how hardcore he is, how dedicated he is, how he has such a great passion. For a moment, this man will stick out with a towering majesty amongst the rest of us. He will feel on top of the world. He will feel as if he conquered something grand, and for a matter of moments, will feel quite special in this world. Everyone in the room is looking at him, in awe of his dedication. He will drive home, look in the mirror, and begin to have another internal dialogue filled with self-deprecation. He is alone, he has no witnesses to his sacrifice. This will only fuel his desire to be seen, to stand out, to be that unique flower that he always desired. He will repeat the same vicious cycle of bodybuilding the next day.

that was deep man, im talking deep deep. u musta studied some kind of psychology or something to know that stuff cause what u said sounded alittle like me 15 yrs ago,im talking to the T
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2014, 08:42:50 AM »
Yep, same principle applies whether on gear or not.

When you realise that bodybuilding is not a mystic religion, with appointed gurus to light your path, and specific amounts of protein at specific times lol you will be free to just train, stay in shape, get big, get small, whatever!

I AGREE BIGCYP
R

juicemachine

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2014, 08:43:07 AM »
Lee priest is laughing.