Author Topic: I propose a DHS watchlist be created to watch atheists.  (Read 5072 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I propose a DHS watchlist be created to watch atheists.
« on: April 27, 2009, 01:56:19 AM »
Atheists are clearly the reason serial killers exist. In order to prevent Godless serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer let's have a DHS watchlist not only for terrorists, but for potential serial killers!

Go to 2:25 on the video.  Jeffrey Dahmer clearly notes that it was his Godless environment that enabled him.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: I propose a DHS watchlist be created to watch atheists.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 06:48:18 AM »
Atheists are clearly the reason serial killers exist. In order to prevent Godless serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer let's have a DHS watchlist not only for terrorists, but for potential serial killers!

Go to 2:25 on the video.  Jeffrey Dahmer clearly notes that it was his Godless environment that enabled him.

At first I thought you were being sarcastic but yes, it looks like he is saying he got saved in prison and did not have a Godly upbringing.

But there are plenty of atheists that don't murder people and eat them.  In fact I'd venture a guess that the wide majority of atheists are not murderers :)
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 07:31:59 AM »
if that's the case, then lets make a watchlist for all thoughs that would kill for god.  After all I think more people were killed in the name of God than by atheists. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 12:53:13 AM »
At first I thought you were being sarcastic but yes, it looks like he is saying he got saved in prison and did not have a Godly upbringing.

But there are plenty of atheists that don't murder people and eat them.  In fact I'd venture a guess that the wide majority of atheists are not murderers :)
I was actually being sarcastic :)  Dahmer does actually attribute his wayward actions to lack of authority after adult supervision(Godlessness) as why he was able to create his own world which progressed to his dirty deeds.  I was applauded at the suggestion that the lack of belief in a supreme being could facilitate such horrors ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »

You don't say? ::)
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »
Good video!   ;D

I did not get either one of these from the video.  I think he is saying that if he had "found Jesus" earlier in his life, this might have prevented him from becoming a serial killer.  Many people may not agree with him, but that's what I think he is saying.

Atheism may lead some, not all, to Nihilism.  That doesn't mean that Nihilism leads to serial killings, but still:

Nihilism is the belief that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated. It is often associated with extreme pessimism and a radical skepticism that condemns existence. A true nihilist would believe in nothing, have no loyalties, and no purpose other than, perhaps, an impulse to destroy. While few philosophers would claim to be nihilists, nihilism is most often associated with Friedrich Nietzsche who argued that its corrosive effects would eventually destroy all moral, religious, and metaphysical convictions and precipitate the greatest crisis in human history. In the 20th century, nihilistic themes--epistemological failure, value destruction, and cosmic purposelessness--have preoccupied artists, social critics, and philosophers. Mid-century, for example, the existentialists helped popularize tenets of nihilism in their attempts to blunt its destructive potential. By the end of the century, existential despair as a response to nihilism gave way to an attitude of indifference, often associated with antifoundationalism.
http://www.utm.edu/research/iep/n/nihilism.htm

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 12:19:11 PM »
Good video!   ;D

I did not get either one of these from the video.  I think he is saying that if he had "found Jesus" earlier in his life, this might have prevented him from becoming a serial killer.  Many people may not agree with him, but that's what I think he is saying.

Atheism may lead some, not all, to Nihilism.  That doesn't meant that Nihilism leads to serial killings, but still:

Nihilism is the belief that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated. It is often associated with extreme pessimism and a radical skepticism that condemns existence. A true nihilist would believe in nothing, have no loyalties, and no purpose other than, perhaps, an impulse to destroy. While few philosophers would claim to be nihilists, nihilism is most often associated with Friedrich Nietzsche who argued that its corrosive effects would eventually destroy all moral, religious, and metaphysical convictions and precipitate the greatest crisis in human history. In the 20th century, nihilistic themes--epistemological failure, value destruction, and cosmic purposelessness--have preoccupied artists, social critics, and philosophers. Mid-century, for example, the existentialists helped popularize tenets of nihilism in their attempts to blunt its destructive potential. By the end of the century, existential despair as a response to nihilism gave way to an attitude of indifference, often associated with antifoundationalism.

Oh boy...
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 09:12:32 PM »
lol

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 02:05:38 PM »
Good video!   ;D

Atheism may lead some, not all, to Nihilism.  That doesn't mean that Nihilism leads to serial killings, but still:

http://www.anus.com/
Apt  wouldn't ya say?

carpe` vaginum!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »
lol... if god is the only reason people dont eat and kill each other then i feel sorry for them.

I like his logic though, if there is no god why not kill each other. Well, evolution has given us a cogent answer that explains why we do altruistic actions. If we were to kill each other we would dramactically decrease our fitness, and chances of reproduction and progression.Not to mention the fact that jail and loss of all social contacts, comforts etc is enough to deter most people.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 12:51:33 PM »
lol... if god is the only reason people dont eat and kill each other then i feel sorry for them.

I like his logic though, if there is no god why not kill each other. Well, evolution has given us a cogent answer that explains why we do altruistic actions. If we were to kill each other we would dramactically decrease our fitness, and chances of reproduction and progression.Not to mention the fact that jail and loss of all social contacts, comforts etc is enough to deter most people.

That's true too!  That's why we need good laws and severe punishments for breaking those laws.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 03:25:07 PM »

If someone just thinks their victim is going to die and go to a better place and they think they're already going to hell anyway or figure they can just be saved at some later point, then there's really nothing to stop them from killing.  At least an atheist believes that life has value and we only get one chance at it.  An atheist has to justify the taking of life knowing he's forever snuffing out the person's existence.  Of course it happens, psychos come in all sorts.  I just don't believe christians have some special immunity because they believe in god.  How many ages of evil men have passed who were exonerated on their deathbed.  Christians might have a worse setup going in this regard than atheists.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 07:08:55 PM »
If someone just thinks their victim is going to die and go to a better place and they think they're already going to hell anyway or figure they can just be saved at some later point, then there's really nothing to stop them from killing.  At least an atheist believes that life has value and we only get one chance at it.  An atheist has to justify the taking of life knowing he's forever snuffing out the person's existence.  Of course it happens, psychos come in all sorts.  I just don't believe Christians have some special immunity because they believe in god.  How many ages of evil men have passed who were exonerated on their deathbed.  Christians might have a worse setup going in this regard than atheists.

Good point, Hugo. However, from what I've studied in the Bible, it doesn't teach this notion. The Bible mentions unforgivable sin. So, once a person becomes a Christian, they can't misuse the ransom sacrifice provided by Christ. This knocks the notion of "I'll get saved at the last minute", also, it takes away the notion of "once saved always saved". The devil and the demons are condemned in the Bible, that means, they cannot and will not receive this benefit of the ransom provided by Jesus. Jesus also mentioned that the devil was once in the "truth" but didn't stay in it. This indicates, one can change. Jesus said the one that will be saved is the one who endures to the end.

Most of those people you are referring too, are not "genuine" in their faith. Hope that helps.

GC/DEA_AGENT

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 07:58:26 PM »

Good point, Hugo. However, from what I've studied in the Bible, it doesn't teach this notion. The Bible mentions unforgivable sin. So, once a person becomes a Christian, they can't misuse the ransom sacrifice provided by Christ. This knocks the notion of "I'll get saved at the last minute", also, it takes away the notion of "once saved always saved". The devil and the demons are condemned in the Bible, that means, they cannot and will not receive this benefit of the ransom provided by Jesus. Jesus also mentioned that the devil was once in the "truth" but didn't stay in it. This indicates, one can change. Jesus said the one that will be saved is the one who endures to the end.

Most of those people you are referring too, are not "genuine" in their faith. Hope that helps.

GC/DEA_AGENT
it's irrelevant if people believe that way and apparently many do.  I know, the world is filled with every faith and factions within faiths telling one another they are genuine and those guys aren't.  There is certainly not a big movement preaching "unforgivable sin" in Christianity.  The general message seems to be opposite.  And let's not also forget that the unforgivable sin is blaspheming against the holy spirit.  Murder according to many Christians is forgivable.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
what's up with the CG DEA Agent thingy?  What is a GC?  and are you a DEA agent? 

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
it's irrelevant if people believe that way and apparently many do. 

True, however, according to the Bible they are in trouble. Remember Jesus saying that few would find the truth? That indicates many will "claim" to follow the Bible's teachings, yet fall short. It's a shame, because this is one of the main causes of the Bible to be criticized. People are "claiming" to be following it, yet are not. No wonder so many don't believe it is the WOG.

I know, the world is filled with every faith and factions within faiths telling one another they are genuine and those guys aren't.  There is certainly not a big movement preaching "unforgivable sin" in Christianity.  The general message seems to be opposite.

Like stated above, those are not "genuine" in following the Bible's teachings. You can't blame the Bible for that. Jesus said there would be imposter's that would come into the congregation, misleading many, this is what you are referring too. The Bible foretold it many centuries ago.

And let's not also forget that the unforgivable sin is blaspheming against the holy spirit.  Murder according to many Christians is forgivable.

Well, sorta. according to the Bible, Jesus said that all sorts of blasemphy would be forgiven, yet the unforgivable sin is not identified directly. It merely says that sinning against the Holy Spirit is, which you stated. We don't know what that involves precisely, the Bible doesn't  name it. That's why, "once saved always saved" is bunk.

Let me show you what the Bible says about this.

"Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in the present system of things nor in that to come."—Matt. 12:31, 32; Mark 3:28, 29; Luke 12:10.

How would one know if the unforgivable sin had been committed? This type of sin is related to what we read in Hebrews 10:26: "If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left."

So there is a deliberateness or willfulness about this kind of sin. One callously sins, fully aware of the fact that he is going directly contrary to the operation of God’s spirit and His righteous laws. Furthermore, we all are sinful and need Christ’s ransom sacrifice to obtain forgiveness. But "there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left" for one who knows that and "who has trampled upon the Son of God and who has esteemed as of ordinary value the blood" he shed. That one "has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt." (Heb. 10:29) He will never repent and humbly seek God’s forgiveness for his sin and rejection of Christ’s ransom. He is beyond repentance.

But one important point needs to be remembered: In Jesus’ case, he knew the innermost thoughts and heart condition of the Jews and could thus be certain that they had sinned against the holy spirit. Imperfect humans today cannot read hearts as can God and Jesus, so we cannot determine when someone has carried sin to the point of having sinned against the spirit. (Matt. 12:25; Heb. 4:13) That is for God to determine.

If the Bible literally named unforgivable sin per say, this would allow people to avoid it and commit the rest. This is what most "fake" Christians want to hear. Genuine Christians take this seriously tho, therefore, staying in check so to speak. Like stated above only God and Jesus know if one has committed it. This tends to keep "genuine" Christians not testing the waters so to speak. No wonder that most religions don't teach it. By not, they are misleading those people shamelessly. Does that help?

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 08:52:45 PM »
what's up with the CG DEA Agent thingy?  What is a GC?  and are you a DEA agent? 

GC stands for government controlled. In the USA and other countries, this is the case. We are all GC'd. I'm not a DEA_AGENT. I wanted that as my first choice as I.D. on here. Didn't happen. So, I sign with both I.D.'s to show I'm not gimmicking.  ;D

CG/DEA_AGENT

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 07:09:59 AM »
If someone just thinks their victim is going to die and go to a better place and they think they're already going to hell anyway or figure they can just be saved at some later point, then there's really nothing to stop them from killing.

According to the interview on this video, that wasn't the case with Jeffrey Dahmer.  He did not think that way while he was killing people.  He did not believe in God, Heaven, Hell, or anything like that when he was killing those people.

At least an atheist believes that life has value and we only get one chance at it.  An atheist has to justify the taking of life knowing he's forever snuffing out the person's existence.  Of course it happens, psychos come in all sorts. 

Just because a person is an atheist, it does not follow that he/she believes that life has any value.  An atheist doesn't have to be psycho to feel this way.

I just don't believe christians have some special immunity because they believe in god.  How many ages of evil men have passed who were exonerated on their deathbed.  Christians might have a worse setup going in this regard than atheists.

Nobody is saying that Christians have some special immunity to doing evil.  And saying that Christians might have a worse setup going in this regard than atheists do is just your opinion.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 07:26:12 AM »

GC/DEA_AGENT

Romans 8:1 (New International Version)
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

Romans 6:1-4
 1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 02:51:10 AM »
According to the interview on this video, that wasn't the case with Jeffrey Dahmer.  He did not think that way while he was killing people.  He did not believe in God, Heaven, Hell, or anything like that when he was killing those people.

Just because a person is an atheist, it does not follow that he/she believes that life has any value.  An atheist doesn't have to be psycho to feel this way.

Nobody is saying that Christians have some special immunity to doing evil.  And saying that Christians might have a worse setup going in this regard than atheists do is just your opinion.
I don't think you followed any of this correctly or anything I said.

Dahmer: "I didn't feel accountable to anybody"--(during the time he was murdering)

Father: "when did you first feel that everyone is accountable for their actions?"

He then attributes feeling accountable to the creation science material sent to him by his father.  Dahmer says life was cheap before believing.

Dahmer notes that when he lost accountability to his parents he made his own world, (with no accountability.)  He "didn't have to bow to anyone else's demands"

Father then notes that he drifted away from God and was not able to pass that accountability to God to his son.

Dahmer agrees that this lack of accountability to God had a lot to do with it(the world he created which took lives)

On the next point I said, "An atheist has to justify the taking of life knowing he's forever snuffing out the person's existence. Of course it happens, psychos come in all sorts."  anyone who does the kind of shit Dahmer did is a psycho and I simply said they come in all sorts, that be atheist, christian or whatever.

On your last point, no shit it's my opinion and I didn't state it as a certainty, the word "might" in my statement should have clued you in.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 05:21:06 AM »
I don't think you followed any of this correctly or anything I said.

Dahmer: "I didn't feel accountable to anybody"--(during the time he was murdering)

Father: "when did you first feel that everyone is accountable for their actions?"

He then attributes feeling accountable to the creation science material sent to him by his father.  Dahmer says life was cheap before believing.

Dahmer notes that when he lost accountability to his parents he made his own world, (with no accountability.)  He "didn't have to bow to anyone else's demands"

Father then notes that he drifted away from God and was not able to pass that accountability to God to his son.

Dahmer agrees that this lack of accountability to God had a lot to do with it(the world he created which took lives)

Yup, I watched the video and I understood this.

On the next point I said, "An atheist has to justify the taking of life knowing he's forever snuffing out the person's existence.

Maybe some atheists, not all.  An atheist doesn't have to care whether or not he/she is "snuffing out the person's existence."  Not all atheists believe that life has any value.  An atheist can believe that by killing somebody, he/she is doing the victim a favor by putting the victim out of his/her misery.

Of course it happens, psychos come in all sorts."  anyone who does the kind of shit Dahmer did is a psycho and I simply said they come in all sorts, that be atheist, christian or whatever.

I understood you, and I agree.  What I meant is that an atheist does not have to be a psycho to believe that life has no value or to believe that in some cases killing somebody is doing the victim a favor by putting the victim out of his/her misery.

Christians on the other hand tend to believe in "the sanctity of life.", outside of capital punishment and war.

On your last point, no shit it's my opinion and I didn't state it as a certainty, the word "might" in my statement should have clued you in.

Then we agree that it is just your opinion.  And I disagree with your opinion.  An atheist is not less likely or less capable of this than a "Christian" is. 

In my opinion, if not equally likely or equally capable of this, an atheist is more likely and more capable.  I already explained why in my post about Nihilism, and Necrosis said it best "if there is no god why not kill each other"?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »
That's true too!  That's why we need good laws and severe punishments for breaking those laws.

people have a moral code irrelevant of the bible this is proven by the fact that alot of people find parts of the bible immoral, hence the criteria has to be extrabibular(sick word).

also, animals dont kill each other without reason in the wild and they do not have jails. The reason being an animal killing others reduces his possible mates, companions, chance of survival, social isolation and lack of protection through reciprocal altruism.

jail is a way for us to express our innate moral code formed by evolution and the good of the population.