Author Topic: Chick's Olympia Thread  (Read 32977 times)

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
Re: CHICK'S OLYMPIA THREAD
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 07:19:04 AM »
seriously, food poisoning is very common at this stage of depleting/loading.

if it is the bodies weaked state causing the sickness, then it is not "food poisoning"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 07:19:36 AM »
Bob - what's your opinion about the prejudging scoring system? We are used to getting two set of points.

Old system: Winning with perfect points - 5+5=10
New system: 5=5

New system reduces the meaning of prejudging from 50% to 33%. What do you think about that?

Not quite sure where you came up with these %, but the old system was based on rounds 1&2 combined, thus the doubling of scoring...the problem I have with that, is that it made it mathematically impossible for someone to catch up at night basically making the night show irrelevant from the judging standpoint...

see above post for more...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 07:21:02 AM »
Also why is it the 202 class and not 200??

Why not?

200 is too low, as it only allows for a 2 lb. gain for someone coming from the lt. Heavyweight division...

My personal preference.....205

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 07:23:55 AM »
Biggest change will be to the posing round, which will no longer be scored as such...and that the judging will be much harder on saturday night and count more in the final tally, as the points system will be changed to accomodate giving guys a chance to catch up.

Thanks.
With regard to the actual schedule; you commented that things will be kicking off [the '2010' season] in November this year? I have been looking around the web and cannot find anything, as of yet. Are the schedulers/promotors taking note of your suggestions to completely revamp the scheduling, given your comments regarding the large 'gaps' in the schedule, which has been the norm for a while now? If so, how are the shows looking to line up this year {date wise, not competitior wise, obviously}
Thanks again.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 07:27:45 AM »
Thanks.
With regard to the actual schedule; you commented that things will be kicking off [the '2010' season] in November this year? I have been looking around the web and cannot find anything, as of yet. Are the schedulers/promotors taking note of your suggestions to completely revamp the scheduling, given your comments regarding the large 'gaps' in the schedule, which has been the norm for a while now? If so, how are the shows looking to line up this year {date wise, not competitior wise, obviously}
Thanks again.

Yes...we refer to anything AFTER the Olympia as the "nebxt" season, as any show would qualify you for 2010...

The revamping of the schedule will take time as you have different promoters with different agendas, time restraints, venue bookings, some are combined with NPC events which have a long standing place on the calander, etc...

were doing as best as we can, as fast as we can

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 07:30:25 AM »
Were you shocked by the pure domination displayed by Jay?  In my opinion it was the best he has ever looked and the best a Mr. O winner has looked in about 10 years.  He made the rest of the top 5 look like school children.  His width and detail was simply amazing.  What do you think?

Karpaasi

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 07:34:12 AM »
Not quite sure where you came up with these %, but the old system was based on rounds 1&2 combined, thus the doubling of scoring...the problem I have with that, is that it made it mathematically impossible for someone to catch up at night basically making the night show irrelevant from the judging standpoint...

see above post for more...

Thanks for the answers. What I meant about the percentages is that old days 50% of the total score came from prejudging. Now since the doubling of points is gone prejudging is worth of 1/3 of total points.

I agree that the new system will change things up. Branch is a fine example who benefited greatly about the system.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 07:34:33 AM »
Bob,
1)  Why was the Olympia stage so high?  Even the judges, who are behind 5 rows of people could only see the front of the stage.  During the fitness routines, the judges were watching the center video screen because they couldn't see the competitors. 
2)  The women's judging and 202 shows are held on the expo stage, copying the Arnold model.  Why not have an area big enough for everyone to sit down?  Standing room only for nearly 3 hours isn't cutting it, leave that for the Arnold. 
3)  The judges got the placings right, except for Mo in 10th.  How in the world did he beat Silvio, Melvin, Gustavo, & Dennis? 

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2009, 07:38:50 AM »
Bob,

On friday we all sat for ever waiting for the men's show while the she-man beasts were on....in the
upcoming years is there any chance of putting the women's comp AFTER the men's prejudging????

I am guessing they put it before so it looks as if there is a fan base for the women, but in all honesty,
it is just people waiting to see the men's prejudging.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2009, 07:40:07 AM »
Biggest change will be to the posing round, which will no longer be scored as such...and that the judging will be much harder on saturday night and count more in the final tally, as the points system will be changed to accomodate giving guys a chance to catch up.

LOL Just for Phil Heath Weider/AMI reinvent their whole judging system??

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 07:40:15 AM »
Were you shocked by the pure domination displayed by Jay?  In my opinion it was the best he has ever looked and the best a Mr. O winner has looked in about 10 years.  He made the rest of the top 5 look like school children.  His width and detail was simply amazing.  What do you think?

Shocked? no

It has always been there, but Jay didnt "bring it" the past two years IMO...I think people tend to forget how good Jay is because he was always in the shadow of the great Ronnie for many years

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2009, 07:42:38 AM »
Bob you looked massive in pics, what are you weighing in at nowadays?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2009, 07:44:57 AM »
Bob,
1)  Why was the Olympia stage so high?  Even the judges, who are behind 5 rows of people could only see the front of the stage.  During the fitness routines, the judges were watching the center video screen because they couldn't see the competitors. 
2)  The women's judging and 202 shows are held on the expo stage, copying the Arnold model.  Why not have an area big enough for everyone to sit down?  Standing room only for nearly 3 hours isn't cutting it, leave that for the Arnold. 
3)  The judges got the placings right, except for Mo in 10th.  How in the world did he beat Silvio, Melvin, Gustavo, & Dennis? 

1. It's tough o accomodate everyone at a show...if the stage is too high, then the legs get cutoff inpics, if it's too low, then the view is obscured for the people  seated on the floor, etc...we have already looked into eliminating the second tier for next years show, and movi g the photogs to appease everyone as much as possible.

2. They DO have an area big enough to sit down....for people who PAID. Buy a ticket, you can sit all day...the rest are free to VISIT THE BOOTHS (hint,hint)

3. Anytime you start getting to 10,11, 12, etc...it gets harder to judge IMO..you can make a case for any of them, and the points seperating them were few.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2009, 07:46:13 AM »
LOL Just for Phil Heath Weider/AMI reinvent their whole judging system??

HUH?

Not sure how revamping the judging system (which has been long overdue) favores any ONE competitor

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2009, 07:47:16 AM »
Bob you looked massive in pics, what are you weighing in at nowadays?

about 270-73

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2009, 07:51:12 AM »
Jay
Dex
Branch
Kai
Phil

You place Branch above Kai....interesting.

Would you mind telling me why you think Branch was better?

Other than that I agree 100%

PS  You looked frickin big as shit Bob, and nice suit....no joke

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2009, 07:55:10 AM »
Chick, first off you and everyone at Bodybuilding.com did a great job with the Olympia and the live streaming broadcast. I appreciated it. Thank you.

My question was actually raised by 240 is Back in a previous thread. At the end of the show while interviewing Jay you mentioned( I am paraphrasing here) "that while last year even though Jay did not technically have the title, he was always Mr Olympia". Obviously this in reference to Dex's reign as Mr Olympia. Do you feel Dex did not do enough for the sport by not promoting it enough or just seemed to not have widespread appeal even though he did win the Olympia last year?

Thank you.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2009, 07:59:37 AM »
Chick, first off you and everyone at Bodybuilding.com did a great job with the Olympia and the live streaming broadcast. I appreciated it. Thank you.

My question was actually raised by 240 is Back in a previous thread. At the end of the show while interviewing Jay you mentioned( I am paraphrasing here) "that while last year even though Jay did not technically have the title, he was always Mr Olympia". Obviously this in reference to Dex's reign as Mr Olympia. Do you feel Dex did not do enough for the sport by not promoting it enough or just seemed to not have widespread appeal even though he did win the Olympia last year?

Thank you.

Thank you bro...

Concerning the comment to Jay, It had more to do with Jay and his demeanor, representation, etc...then anything to do with Dexter. My point was, that even though Jay didn't have the title, that he was still "Mr. Olympia", a sentiment shared by many as his fan base was loud and clear over the weekend...

No disrespect to Dex, as he was a fine Mr. Olympia...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2009, 08:01:23 AM »
Chick,
  What will it take for Wolf to become Mr O? He has the structure but was way off this year. What does he need to bring next time?

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2009, 08:03:47 AM »
2. They DO have an area big enough to sit down....for people who PAID. Buy a ticket, you can sit all day...the rest are free to VISIT THE BOOTHS (hint,hint)

Well, you have to buy a $15 expo ticket just to get in the door, so everyone paid to be there.  I agree with putting the VIP ticketholder seats up front, but there should be enough seating behind those chairs for the rest of the people.  Why not hold the women's judging and 202 shows in the Orleans showroom?  It's sized perfectly and would be another ticket to sell for the promoters. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2009, 08:04:05 AM »
Chick,
  What will it take for Wolf to become Mr O? He has the structure but was way off this year. What does he need to bring next time?

Conditioning, first....then he needs to bring up the weak points (hams/arms/lower back)

He has the structure, but that aint enough at this level

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2009, 08:04:20 AM »
Chick be honest.  Did Dexter piss you off at how slow he walked onto the stage almost making a mockery of it?  He just seemed too cocky and disrespected the show and the other athletes with his demeanour. I still think that is why he was placed in third.  He didn't represent the sport well at all with his actions.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2009, 08:08:51 AM »
Well, you have to buy a $15 expo ticket just to get in the door, so everyone paid to be there.  I agree with putting the VIP ticketholder seats up front, but there should be enough seating behind those chairs for the rest of the people.  Why not hold the women's judging and 202 shows in the Orleans showroom?  It's sized perfectly and would be another ticket to sell for the promoters. 

You pay to enter the expo, almost everything is included with that...except the choice seating for the shows.

The answer to why we dont hold the 202 and womens in the Orleans showroom is simple....we have an expo going on, and want the people to attend, making it more conveinient for everyone...it's tough enough with the split between the venue/arena/ LVCC

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2009, 08:09:24 AM »
No disrespect to Dex, as he was a fine Mr. Olympia...

How exactly? Has this guy moved the sport forward for just one inch in the past 12 months?

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2009, 08:15:48 AM »
Chick,any sign of Big(gums) Sean allen?