Author Topic: how to get taller  (Read 3738 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: how to get taller
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 07:14:53 PM »

Men who beat their woman are scum.

women who stay with men who beat them are the true scum, i have no sympathy for them

and to the thread starter, tell him insecurity about his height will hurt him more than his actual height :)

E
E

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 07:21:13 PM »
Show me some proof. Are you talking about shit like hanging from a bar? Or bicycling with the seat too high? Swimming alot? I seriously doubt any of that helps.
He said temporarily. I'm an inch taller in the morning.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 07:21:40 PM »
women who stay with men who beat them are the true scum, i have no sympathy for them

True - by sticking with their man, they give him no incentive to change his behaviour.

and to the thread starter, tell him insecurity about his height will hurt him more than his actual height :)

That's true, but easier for you to say as a tall man.

E

MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!!!!!

8) 8) 8)

M
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 07:22:57 PM »
True - by sticking with their man, they give him no incentive to change his behaviour.

That's true, but easier for you to say as a tall man.

8) 8) 8)

i'm 5'10 just like Mr. Levrone 8)

but not exactly tall :P

E
E

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 11:50:24 PM »
so you have a short body and arms, but long legs :-\
A

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 12:18:25 AM »
usually boys stop growing around 17... but the key word there is usually, also growth plates don't all fuse at the same time... on the 17th birthday, usually the growth plates of smaller bones fuse first, then the long bones (which would add to height)... and when all this happens is determined by testosterone levels i believe.... it's 3AM, i'm not looking it up... theoretically, the easiest way to tell would be to look at an x-ray of his leg... if his growth plates have not fused you should be able to shoot him up with some growth and watch him grow... otherwise, get him a pair of nike shox... they make me look about 2 inches taller than i really am...

Best of Luck!

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 04:29:28 AM »
usually boys stop growing around 17... but the key word there is usually, also growth plates don't all fuse at the same time... on the 17th birthday, usually the growth plates of smaller bones fuse first, then the long bones (which would add to height)... and when all this happens is determined by testosterone levels i believe.... it's 3AM, i'm not looking it up... theoretically, the easiest way to tell would be to look at an x-ray of his leg... if his growth plates have not fused you should be able to shoot him up with some growth and watch him grow... otherwise, get him a pair of nike shox... they make me look about 2 inches taller than i really am...

Best of Luck!

This is not so true. The boy usually can't be any older than 12 or 13 when doing GH therapy, for a child to gain height. The pediatric endocrinologist will observe the "bone age" of the child, and this is done with a special x-ray of the hand, and not the leg. After determining what the bone age of the child is, the doctor could better make a conclusion about how to proceed. Mind you, after puberty is reached, both GH therapy, and hormone therapy speed up the fusing of the bones, and cease the body from growing. 
Cam ad mi

Moosejay

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 06:13:59 AM »
He said temporarily. I'm an inch taller in the morning.

When you are in bed you are not subject to gravity height-wise...thus, at younger ages (below 40) when discs are more fluidic, they expand...thus the increase in height upon awakening...you lose this gain as you walk about during the day.

Moosejay

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 06:15:24 AM »

This is not so true. The boy usually can't be any older than 12 or 13 when doing GH therapy, for a child to gain height. The pediatric endocrinologist will observe the "bone age" of the child, and this is done with a special x-ray of the hand, and not the leg. After determining what the bone age of the child is, the doctor could better make a conclusion about how to proceed. Mind you, after puberty is reached, both GH therapy, and hormone therapy speed up the fusing of the bones, and cease the body from growing. 

Some of this is true...some we are unsure of. There are so many 'normal variants' among all people that nothing is cast in stone.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 06:19:18 AM »
He will always be 5'6. I'm sorry but your brother wont recover.

Moosejay

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 06:35:16 AM »
Probably true.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 06:41:15 AM »
Bodybuilders use their Gold Card to get great deals on awesome supplements that allow their bones to start growing again.  GNC Rocks!

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 06:51:42 AM »

Best of Luck!
oh the magical night of turning seventeen........I smoked a half oz bag of sinsimilia ,some Bacardi and cokes,fucked my 16 yo cheerleader girlfriend and when i woke up my fuckin bones bones were fused

spinnis

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 06:53:18 AM »
There is nothing wrong with being 5" 6  :(

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 06:54:06 AM »

Best of Luck!

Actually the growth plates fuse from the presence of estrogen.

http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/abstract/98/12/6871
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=13419821
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14753739

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 06:54:16 AM »
plus you can get on disabilty

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 06:54:51 AM »

Hi alejandro_torres brother

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 06:56:46 AM »
Mr. Levrone 8)

8) 8) 8)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 06:59:40 AM »

Are you THAT short? ;D

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 08:03:26 AM »
my brother and i had the same problem... except growing up my brother took extra calcium pills and i remember him drinking milk that has more calcium than your average milk that comes in 1gallon.

his bone is thicker than mine and he's actually 1.5" taller than me. so i would say calcium pills!!!

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2008, 08:16:17 AM »
my brother and i had the same problem... except growing up my brother took extra calcium pills and i remember him drinking milk that has more calcium than your average milk that comes in 1gallon.

his bone is thicker than mine and he's actually 1.5" longer than me. so i would say calcium pills!!!
fixed........do you compare bones often?.......this should be in the gym lockeroom thread

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2008, 08:17:27 AM »
ok guys, my lil bro wants to get taller, what should he do, since everyone here is basically god of hormones, he is 17 and stands at 5 6...

if anyone knows how to i could apreciate it, but please dont make him grow past 5 8, because thats where i stand  8)

thanks

There isn't a whole lot you can do.  Height is determined by two things:  genetics and nutrition throughout childhood.  Genetics you can't change, and nutrition (sufficient protein and sufficient total calories) needs to happen from early childhood on.  The stretching and stuff people are telling you are gimmicks that won't do anything.  GH might have an effect if the bones haven't fused, but I don't really know enough about this, and someone posted earlier that it's not effective after puberty?  Maybe do some research and talk to someone who knows what he's doing with that stuff, but the reality is your brother is probably stuck with 5'6" at this point.
Ron: "I am lazy."

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2008, 08:29:01 AM »
fixed........do you compare bones often?.......this should be in the gym lockeroom thread

oh yea... i compare my wrist bone thickness and his is much thicker than mine.

(thanx for correcting)

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2008, 10:17:54 AM »

Some of this is true...some we are unsure of. There are so many 'normal variants' among all people that nothing is cast in stone.

Actually the growth plates fuse from the presence of estrogen.

http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/abstract/98/12/6871
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=13419821
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14753739

i never paid attention in the "using HGH to make people taller" part of class, and I completely skipped "endocrinology of adolescent males"... But boys CAN naturally grow after 17... it does occasionally happen... you can try prayer...

or try out those nike shox!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2008, 10:20:23 AM »
ok guys, my lil bro wants to get taller, what should he do, since everyone here is basically god of hormones, he is 17 and stands at 5 6...

if anyone knows how to i could apreciate it, but please dont make him grow past 5 8, because thats where i stand  8)

thanks

In order to get taller the first thing you little brother must do is stop being a Mexican.