Author Topic: Does it bother you when people question the bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki?  (Read 5920 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
It bothers me to no end when i hear people talk about how cruel it was or how it was unnecessary. It might not have been the most politicaly correct thing ever, but it was completely called for and saved the lives of millions of people, american and japanese. 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.

No, it doesn't bother me, and it most probably did not save the lives of millions of people. all the scholarship indicates that Japan was going to surrender soon.

the biggest difference it made was in getting an "unconditional" surrender immediately and stopping the reds.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Who cares about hiroshima and nagasaki anyway?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

a whole lot of Japanese people, as well as compassionate people throughout the world.
w

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

yes it's good to be ignorant.

benz

• Getbig V
a whole lot of Japanese people, as well as compassionate people throughout the world.

Nobody in my country care for them, so thats about 15 million people, which is a good number if you ask me, im sure the rest of latin america does not care so...we have about 500 million of people which doesnt care so and even supported the bombings.

benz

• Getbig V
And i almost forget about this great looking man, Mr. Paul Tibbets - An Hero

Farewell my friend, you may rest in peace

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
I still get extremely bothered about WW1 and WW2

How about the IRA bombings in London?  Big time.  But that's all over.

xL

and the others elsewhere?  Thankfully I wasn't in NY the year they bombed there, nor did I watch it on TV.

It can only get bigger.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
I think it's always easy to play armchair quarterback and second guess the actions of others when we are not the ones getting shot at.

What is done is done. It ended the war, we rebuilt Japan, and they are now an ally.

Does it bother me? Nope. Not one bit. War sucks but it had to somehow come to an end.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
Guess you didn't live in NY in 2001, London nowadays or Japan in the last two world wars?

You've never been to Ireland or to Palestine or South America, right?

oh I forgot Africa.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
yes it's good to be ignorant.

Another Americanism

benz

• Getbig V

Another Americanism

shut up linda, you are sick

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
Whatever.  America saved us, right?

benz

• Getbig V
Whatever.  America saved us, right?

it did better than your dad, the english crack smoker

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Nobody in my country care for them, so thats about 15 million people, which is a good number if you ask me, im sure the rest of latin america does not care so...we have about 500 million of people which doesnt care so and even supported the bombings.

lol wow speaking for 500 million people thats a new one for me ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Hey Linda how's ur German or Russian....damm Brits. ;D
L

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
It bothers me to no end when i hear people talk about how cruel it was or how it was unnecessary. It might not have been the most politicaly correct thing ever, but it was completely called for and saved the lives of millions of people, american and japanese. 

Not really. The Japanese were ready to surrender before the bombs were dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The USA, to this day, is THE ONLY country in the history of humanity to use nukes during a war. Worst of all, we dropped them on innocent civilians.

One of the ugliest, darkest and most irrational moments in humanity's history.

It is a day that will ALWAYS live in infamy.

benz

• Getbig V
Not really. The Japanese were ready to surrender before the bombs were dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The USA, to this day, is THE ONLY country in the history of humanity to use nukes during a war. Worst of all, we dropped them on innocent civilians.

Sure..they would just hit pearl harbour again and rape a few thousand chineses @ nanking, after that they would do it for sure  ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

No they weren't.  They refused to surrender unconditionally.  Considering what the Japanese did in the Pacific Islands, Philippines and China, any other surrender was unacceptable.

Also, more died on the Tokyo fire bombings prior to dropping the A-bombs.  and still they refused to surrender.  Fact was, many millions would have died if we had to invade them.  So that's the argument for dropping it. 

The argument for not dropping is good too.  It was a hard call that will forever be questioned and second guessed.

But does it bother me when people ask about it?  NO.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Everyone knows it was done to scare off Stalin...
I hate the State.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Everyone knows it was done to scare off Stalin...

I think you're right.  It did more for American interests than just causing Japan to surrender.
S

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
No they weren't.  They refused to surrender unconditionally.  Considering what the Japanese did in the Pacific Islands, Philippines and China, any other surrender was unacceptable.

Also, more died on the Tokyo fire bombings prior to dropping the A-bombs.  and still they refused to surrender.  Fact was, many millions would have died if we had to invade them.  So that's the argument for dropping it. 

The argument for not dropping is good too.  It was a hard call that will forever be questioned and second guessed.

But does it bother me when people ask about it?  NO.

Don't start a fight you can't finish.

What's done is done.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Don't start a fight you can't finish.

What's done is done.

?  huh?

Decker

• Getbig V
The men in charge of military operations for WWII thought that use of the atomic bomb in those two instances was not necessary.  Adm. William Leahy, Gen. Douglas MacArthur, Gen. Curtis LeMay, Gen. Henry Arnold, Brig. Gen. Bonner Fellers, Adm. Ernest King, Gen. Carl Spaatz, Adm. Chester Nimitz, Adm. William "Bull" Halsey, and Eisenhower all disagreed with Truman's call to bomb Japan with nuclear arms. 

The heads of all branches of the military did not want to use the atomic bomb on Japan. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
The men in charge of military operations for WWII thought that use of the atomic bomb in those two instances was not necessary.  Adm. William Leahy, Gen. Douglas MacArthur, Gen. Curtis LeMay, Gen. Henry Arnold, Brig. Gen. Bonner Fellers, Adm. Ernest King, Gen. Carl Spaatz, Adm. Chester Nimitz, Adm. William "Bull" Halsey, and Eisenhower all disagreed with Truman's call to bomb Japan with nuclear arms. 

The heads of all branches of the military did not want to use the atomic bomb on Japan. 

I'd be interested to read thier proposed solution to the problem of Japan's refusal to unconditionally surrender.