Author Topic: The dieting quandry...and how to get past it....?  (Read 2966 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
The dieting quandry...and how to get past it....?
« on: March 25, 2010, 07:20:54 AM »
Well I will be the first to admit that I fail every diet...because I am lazy and/or lack willpower? Here is what happens: I make it past a few weeks and then...I can't deal with the constant hunger feeling or when being social not being able to partake of the 'goods'. I am not questioning the form of diet (they have all 'worked' for me to a limited extent) but the willpower issue...that is what gets me. Some guy at my gym who has done some amateur competitions has told me that if I do not actually have a real deadline to meet it will be almost impossible so I need to try and create one for myself...eh, any suggestions. I want to be able to see abs just once in my life...

Thanks
I hate the State.

big man

• Getbig III
Re: The dieting quandry...and how to get past it....?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 08:00:34 AM »
Well I will be the first to admit that I fail every diet...because I am lazy and/or lack willpower? Here is what happens: I make it past a few weeks and then...I can't deal with the constant hunger feeling or when being social not being able to partake of the 'goods'. I am not questioning the form of diet (they have all 'worked' for me to a limited extent) but the willpower issue...that is what gets me. Some guy at my gym who has done some amateur competitions has told me that if I do not actually have a real deadline to meet it will be almost impossible so I need to try and create one for myself...eh, any suggestions. I want to be able to see abs just once in my life...

Thanks
Easy. Diet Monday thru Friday. Weekends eat like a pig. You will lost 1 or 2 pounds a week. 2 steps forward 1 step back program.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:00:11 AM »
Easy. Diet Monday thru Friday. Weekends eat like a pig. You will lost 1 or 2 pounds a week. 2 steps forward 1 step back program.

Yeah, I guess...
I hate the State.

w8m8

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »
I would pick a date to reach the goal that seems reasonable .. then think of a an event / gift of some sort for myself if I can achieve it.... I like music a lot .. so I would pick concert tickets

just a silly girl idea I reckon .... but I can at least say it's nice to see you   :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 10:22:24 AM »
I would pick a date to reach the goal that seems reasonable .. then think of a an event / gift of some sort for myself if I can achieve it.... I like music a lot .. so I would pick concert tickets

just a silly girl idea I reckon .... but I can at least say it's nice to see you   :)

Yeah...have to think of something like that...
I hate the State.

w8m8

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 09:58:47 AM »
Yeah...have to think of something like that...

I think you can do what you set your mind to ... I'd like to know what you do use when you think of it  :)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »
give that damn thing its carrot already

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 07:46:35 PM »
wavelength method. It works.
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 07:50:08 PM »
wavelength method. It works.

The problem son, is not the method but the duration and willpower issue. To get in top shape I would need to diet nonstop for 5 months...that (may be) too hardcore for me but if I were Australian maybe it wouldn't be... :-\
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 07:56:55 PM »
so your saying the whole calorie restriction approach would still be too hard to commit too for a sustained period of time? I know dieting is hard, but i would imagine it would be easier to follow a diet like wavelength uses, as opposed to say a keto diet.

your willpower = somewhat sickening.
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »
so your saying the whole calorie restriction approach would still be too hard to commit too for a sustained period of time? I know dieting is hard, but i would imagine it would be easier to follow a diet like wavelength uses, as opposed to say a keto diet.

your willpower = somewhat sickening.

It's true. My willpower is pathetic. I am trying to come up with a compelling reason to keep a diet for 5 months...I might just have one.
I hate the State.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 09:56:54 PM »
well maybe not try to lose so much all at one time.. u said u bail after 6 weeks; maybe try an 8 week diet then maintain until you're ready to lose weight again. just throwing out ideas.
follow the arrows

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 10:02:35 PM »
maybe use the mr. getbig contest as an incentive.  Dov did that last year and he did great.  Maybe they can have a most improved division for people who are not muscleheads but just want to look better.  I don't know dude.  After I take care of what I need to maybe I will join you on your quest.

big man

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 12:51:34 AM »
It's true. My willpower is pathetic. I am trying to come up with a compelling reason to keep a diet for 5 months...I might just have one.
Why 5 months? Who the heck diets for 5 months straight? I say diet 5 or 6 days in a row then take a couple days off then repeat. You will slim down. What is your goal anyway, just to be clear?

io856

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 02:15:06 AM »
ahh v. interesting... in a community which only really perceives things in the physique dimension(ie what we can see)... considerations into the mental aspects are unique...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 09:40:47 PM »
if you cant get your calorie intake down, youve got to increase your calorie output. whether through physical exercise or hormonal modification.