Author Topic: I took this video the other day and noticed I am in pretty good shape...  (Read 6035 times)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
Re: I took this video the other day and noticed I am in pretty good shape...
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 09:29:23 PM »
I ain't as big as you, but i have a similar build (bigger traps though  :D ).  in the past, has your chest been a problem for you? if so, what have you done to improve it.  thats my hardest body part.  i've been told wide clavicles make it tough to fill in.  You look great btw.

My chest was a problem because I couldn't do much in the way of pressing for it due to a shoulder injury.  I have been able to improve my shoulder to the point I am pressing again although not at full strength. 
w

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 09:40:01 PM »
My chest was a problem because I couldn't do much in the way of pressing for it due to a shoulder injury.  I have been able to improve my shoulder to the point I am pressing again although not at full strength. 

rotator problem?

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 09:53:27 PM »
rotator problem?

You know, I never had it diagnosed by a doctor, but I think so.  I really should get medical help for some of my nagging injuries but I am too busy to take the time to do it (really). 
w

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »
alternatively dont post your vids and pics on the internet looking for feedback and then start ctrying and melting like a piss soaked snowman as soon as someone says something you can't take.

he looks good for a natty but the dude is hardly world class

Squad-he looks 100 times better than you do.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008, 08:14:13 AM »
Chris,

You look good and are strong as Hell. I watched Lee Haney on a TwinLab Mass Fuel "promo" tape and his curls were a lot like yours.

What I can't understand is why Squad/Sarcasm/Quaker Oats gets on your case so fast. I find that most of the time he actually sounds like a decent guy, but then he gets pretty mean periodically. Squad, Chris is just making this place interesting, like you do. Lets face it, few of us have pro caliber physiques. But so what, we all like moving iron.
i agree with you and if you noticed i gave the guy a compliment by saying that he looks good but all i did is make one simple comment about his form and he starts calling everyone a pussy and acting like a jilted 15 year old girl on her period.

The Coach

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2008, 08:30:02 AM »
That retard looks like he's having fun :)
Good on him, definetly better than watching TV all day

I'm that "retard" :)

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2008, 08:39:38 AM »
I'm that "retard" :)

Wow you have retard strength.

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2008, 11:19:45 AM »
You know, I never had it diagnosed by a doctor, but I think so.  I really should get medical help for some of my nagging injuries but I am too busy to take the time to do it (really). 

That's why good form is so important. Using weight you can't life with decent form is a recipe for injury over time.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »
I think I'll post a video of myself riding on an escalator. I did that last week, so it must be worthy of posting on youtube.
a

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2008, 11:30:38 AM »
That's why good form is so important. Using weight you can't life with decent form is a recipe for injury over time.

A very short time, in fact.
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2008, 08:02:24 PM »

Training with weights which challenge your body is the recipe.

Hmmm, let me put it this way, anyone with good size or strength gets injured eventually.
w

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2008, 08:11:03 PM »

Hmmm, let me put it this way, anyone with good size or strength gets injured eventually.

That's an unfortunate fact.  No matter how careful you are, it's bound to happen.  The body is a pretty amazing machine, but it breaks down.  The joints, ligaments, etc. only have so much life in them.

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2008, 09:46:45 AM »

Not always. But just because injuries are likely in the end that's no excuse to train badly and get them sooner and more frequently. In fact, that's a plain pathetic justification for lifting weights that are too heavy for you.

Heavy weight is a great way to challenge your body but it ain't the only way. If you did those curls properly and without the ego jump/lifting you'd be able to tax your biceps just as much, if not more.

Also, as a natty, you actually have a reduced likelihood of injuries. The fact is that your form sucks on those curls. You got compliments but still started crying when people questioned it.