Author Topic: Dana White: The UFC is considering a smaller Octagon  (Read 1780 times)

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
Dana White: The UFC is considering a smaller Octagon
« on: October 09, 2009, 04:54:49 AM »

Full Interview

Excerpt:

“Actually, we’ve been talking about making the Octagon smaller. We’re considering making it smaller. [UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva wants it. I think he wants to turn the thing
     into a [expletive] bathtub. Have them fight in a little tollbooth.”

UFC President Dana White discusses the possibility of eliminating a repeat of Kalib Stanes vs. Nate Quarry from UFC 83 by making the Octagon smaller. Would less real estate give elusive fighters like Lyoto Machida more problems inside the cage? Or would we just see a fenced in version of rope-a-dope? Smaller Octagon — are you pro or con?

In the same interview Dana states he wants to fight the Showtime executives, well not exactly 'cause much like the girly whining beta male he is, he wants to send in their smallest fighter to "kick the shit out of all those dorks"  ::)

LMV, keeping you up to date on a daily basis !

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
Re: Dana White: The UFC is considering a smaller Octagon
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 04:22:21 PM »
They should make a pitt just like in the roman ages

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »

Fuck yeah! that would rock... although I'm not opposed to making the Octagon smaller, other orgs I've noticed (Strikeforce, Elite) had smaller sized octagons, it seems to work for them. It would definetly make those elusive/pussy fighters have to get in there and brawl and not run away and counterstrike.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 08:36:25 PM »
I'd rather see this.

or a ring.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 05:39:16 AM »
Fuck yeah! that would rock... although I'm not opposed to making the Octagon smaller, other orgs I've noticed (Strikeforce, Elite) had smaller sized octagons, it seems to work for them. It would definetly make those elusive/pussy fighters have to get in there and brawl and not run away and counterstrike.

I am kind of for this myself.  The UFC  might want to avoid developing the Floyd Mayweather type of fighter that runs around.  A fighter learns the angles of the cage and he is capable of counter punching his way to a victory without getting a scratch, a pretty good feat if you think about it.
A

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 06:33:01 AM »

Like in conan, make'em sit there and look across at each other for a day before they fight or how about this ??

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 07:10:54 AM »
Thunderdome would be fucking badaass.. of course then ufc would lose their tv deal, get re-banned all over the states and start from square 1... soccer kicks and kness on a downed opponent would be brought back as well... bare knuckle...hell it would be ufc1 inside a 180 degree cage! fuckign awesome