Author Topic: Crazy Claims in MD: Toney Freeman squatting 735 lbs and more  (Read 5117 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: CRAZY CLAIMS IN THIS MONTHS MD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 04:43:13 PM »
     I've been miss quoted on this many times for once an for all it was 7-45's and a 25 on each side. I did only bearly weigh 200lb's I did do it for 3 full reps. I've done six plates for sets of ten!! Now I get it done with less than 315lbs.
I don't have to bragg on my lifts. If you ask me what the most I've ever lifted I'll tell you what it was. The key word is was. I did a lot of things in my 20's I'd never do now!

DID YOU SEE THE WHEELS BRO!!!

so your saying you did 725lbs in the squat for 3 reps weighing under 200lbs?

how deep where those reps?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 05:36:20 PM »
     I've been miss quoted on this many times for once an for all it was 7-45's and a 25 on each side. I did only bearly weigh 200lb's I did do it for 3 full reps. I've done six plates for sets of ten!! Now I get it done with less than 315lbs.
I don't have to bragg on my lifts. If you ask me what the most I've ever lifted I'll tell you what it was. The key word is was. I did a lot of things in my 20's I'd never do now!

7 45's on the bar = 675 + 2 25's = 725. so you were misquoted by a whopping 10 pounds. at sub-200 pounds hitting 725 for three presumably without a suit and possibly without knee wraps is nothing short of astronomical. that would give you somewhere in the area of a quadruple bodyweight max squat back then.

you're a bodybuilder, man. don't need to impress us with strength claims. just do your thing.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 05:39:45 PM »
7 45's on the bar = 675 + 2 25's = 725. so you were misquoted by a whopping 10 pounds. at sub-200 pounds hitting 725 for three presumably without a suit and possibly without knee wraps is nothing short of astronomical. that would give you somewhere in the area of a quadruple bodyweight max squat back then.

you're a bodybuilder, man. don't need to impress us with strength claims. just do your thing.
agreed, Toney looks absolutely unreal whether he squats 225 or 1500 but no way i believe that claim.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 06:01:54 PM »
hahahahha, oh brother some doozies in the latest issue, Toney Freeman squatting 735 for 3 ass to the floor at 195 bodyweight and now doing 585 for 10 rock bottom reps all the time, Markus Ruhl saying he could shoulder press a pair of 200 pound dumbbells very easily and could also do a pair of 250's for a few reps. ::)

Toney Freeman is easily the greatest squatter of all time.

::)

I'd like to get Toney Freeman's version on this. Those claims are almost FLEX-like.
As empty as paradise

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 06:11:09 PM »
Toney Freeman is easily the greatest squatter of all time.

::)

I'd like to get Toney Freeman's version on this. Those claims are almost FLEX-like.

Look at the first page.  He said he did 725 lbs for 3 deep reps.

I spoke to Phil Harrington on the phone today and he thinks he might be good for a raw single with that, but there is a big difference between 1 rep and 3.

Toney, were you wearing any powerlifting gear when you did that (a squat suit, wraps, etc.)?

Here is a video of Phil manhandling 880 lbs in the 198 lbs weight class a few weeks ago.  This was his 2nd attempt, he then tried well over 900 lbs and missed. 

Chris
w

profreeman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Crazy Claims in MD: Toney Freeman squatting 735 lbs and more
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 08:33:08 PM »
       I was 6'2" and 162 when started EVERYONE thought I was to tall and skinny they were wrong! I was 250 when I turned pro Everyone said I wasn't going to be a good pro never would get big enough. Pec tear this and no arms that. They were wrong too!  That day of squatting was one of my best ever! I don't care who believes me or not. Harold Houge was spotting me he knows I know. A Belt and Straps in the hole...peace

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 08:37:24 PM »
hahahahha, oh brother some doozies in the latest issue, Toney Freeman squatting 735 for 3 ass to the floor at 195 bodyweight and now doing 585 for 10 rock bottom reps all the time, Markus Ruhl saying he could shoulder press a pair of 200 pound dumbbells very easily and could also do a pair of 250's for a few reps. ::)

Damn, Big T lost some serious size? 300 lbs to 195, wow! Need to see the pics of that

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2007, 08:46:48 PM »
big deal, so Freeman is claiming to be stronger than ronnie coleman at 100lb less..seem possible to me

must be a typo, freeman's body weight should be 295lbs.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2007, 08:50:27 PM »

Toney owns you bitches

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2007, 08:51:40 PM »
why are you all surprised?  I used to use 200lb dumbells for shoulders,

Of course you did ::)

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2007, 10:18:04 PM »
I thought the Charles Glass comment at the end of his column about the gang-banger Tookie Williams was the most ridiculous...5-10 265, with 23 inch arms and a huge chest and quads.......all drug free  ::) ;D
Air Falcon

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 01:48:34 AM »
Charles Glass looks like a panhandler.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 04:47:48 AM »
must be a typo, freeman's body weight should be 295lbs.

na he is talking about when he used to weigh under 200lbs...

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2007, 05:24:00 AM »
Its kinda disappointing to hear Ruhl make such ridiculous claims. Hopefully it was MDs doing and not his. I don't doubt that Ruhl is one of the strongest bb'ers out there, particularly in the delts, but Ive never seen anyone bench with 250lbs dumbbells , let alone shoulder press them.
No doubt about it...

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2007, 06:30:45 AM »

Truth to a bodybuilder is whatever they can convince you of. And when you dont believe them they flip out and start accusing you of being against them. It is a typical pattern. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2007, 07:17:23 AM »
In fairness,most bodybuilders have no idea what"rock bottom" means.Branch Warren claims he goes rock bottom and all the way down,but in his DVD he is miles above parralel.So Toney might think they were rock bottom but in reality they might have looked like Branchs' training partner who doesnt even bend his legs at all.Obviously whatever Freeman does it works.