Author Topic: Choose your ideal life  (Read 7512 times)

gym**rat

• Getbig V
Re: Choose your ideal life
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2017, 11:22:54 AM »
One of my few serious replies here.
I am 58 and feel I have already lived a pretty good life. I have a successful career that has me setup for a nice retirement. I am going to retire in about 4 years, at that time I want to move to Destin/Sandestin area in the Florida panhandle and finish out life. Walk the beach each morning as long as I am able to and just take each day as they come. No worries, no deadlines, just chillin. That is why I worked so hard for 30 yrs at the same company and rose up to where I have. I had great parents that taught me to work hard and earn what I have. I also have a family that loves me. I have had bad health issues for several years but have not given up and will not give up.  I guess if I had to choose an ideal life it would be the one I have.  :D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2017, 12:01:13 PM »
One of my few serious replies here.
I am 58 and feel I have already lived a pretty good life. I have a successful career that has me setup for a nice retirement. I am going to retire in about 4 years, at that time I want to move to Destin/Sandestin area in the Florida panhandle and finish out life. Walk the beach each morning as long as I am able to and just take each day as they come. No worries, no deadlines, just chillin. That is why I worked so hard for 30 yrs at the same company and rose up to where I have. I had great parents that taught me to work hard and earn what I have. I also have a family that loves me. I have had bad health issues for several years but have not given up and will not give up.  I guess if I had to choose an ideal life it would be the one I have.  :D

I hear nothing about a hot wife in your life, so I'm not sure if I can be happy for you.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2017, 12:06:05 PM »
GYM*RAT,  i'll seriously reply back to ya.

A lot of what you said above, I have done throughout my lifetime almost daily   ....   Until recently.

For the vast majority of my lifetime I have lived within walking distance of a few of the world's finest beaches and have always taken advantage of it with long walks along the shoreline and deep dives beneath the sea.

And on rare occasions I had to be content with living on a river with long walks along its banks searching for where the fish were bitting best.

And all of that was before I retired.

And strangely enough I ended up in Las Vegas with a five hour drive to reach the Pacific.

Some say it's a life led up-side down .... but up-sidedown or not .... it's a living.

And a damn fine one to be honest.

Don't be too damn surprised when your health improves while taking long walks on those Florida beaches and in their clear blue waters.

I can't say that i've seen miracles, but i have seen wonders during those sea-side strolls.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2017, 12:08:08 PM »
I hear nothing about a hot wife in your life, so I'm not sure if I can be happy for you.

I had a hot wife in my life but she and life was boring as hell. Married for 28 yrs and I was unhappy for the last 10-12 years. I tried to get myself back into the marriage but no luck. We divorced 2 years ago. I have been friends with a 27 year old beautiful blonde for 5 years. Always kept it on the friend level. After the divorce we did more and more together. So the answer to your response is no hot wife anymore but one hell of a hot girlfriend. Some people are supportive some are dicks about our age difference. We don't give 2 fucks what they say. We have an incredible time together and she will be with me on those walks on the beach.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2017, 12:10:08 PM »
what about seagulls

they can be very noisy

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2017, 12:12:31 PM »
GYM*RAT,  i'll seriously reply back to ya.

A lot of what you said above, I have done throughout my lifetime almost daily   ....   Until recently.

For the vast majority of my lifetime I have lived within walking distance of a few of the world's finest beaches and have always taken advantage of it with long walks along the shoreline and deep dives beneath the sea.

And on rare occasions I had to be content with living on a river with long walks along its banks searching for where the fish were bitting best.

And all of that was before I retired.

And strangely enough I ended up in Las Vegas with a five hour drive to reach the Pacific.

Some say it's a life led up-side down .... but up-sidedown or not .... it's a living.

And a damn fine one to be honest.

Don't be too damn surprised when your health improves while taking long walks on those Florida beaches and in their clear blue waters.

I can't say that i've seen miracles, but i have seen wonders during those sea-side strolls.

Stunt, even if you lived it upside down it is obvious it worked well for you. FYI, I love Vegas! I battled cancer and polycythemia. Now I battle chronic back pain due to 2 degenerative diseases. I have had 5 major back surgeries including 2 fusions. I know my quality of life will be better down there. These Indiana winters and the other bullshit weather we have takes it toll on me. I know it won't cure my back pain but I know it will lessen the pain. I want nothing more than to get off all the damn pain meds they have me on.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2017, 12:15:13 PM »
what about seagulls

they can be very noisy

Lmao, very true. The only time seagulls bother me when I am down there is when some dumb ass tourists feed them and the bastards gang up like Crips. They fly around and shit everywhere.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »
Gym*RAT, Your reply is amazing! Let me explain what I meant when  I said, "I have seen wonders!" someplace up above.

It's a story somewhat similar to your own.

A long story but I'll make it short.

When I was much younger and stationed in Hawaii, I lived just about 50 yards from Waikiki Beach.

I met a friend of a friend one day and he was 'encased' in a horrid backtrace that restricted all of his bodily movements.

One sunny afternoon he slowly walked with us to the beach and he became very remorse when he saw the ocean and realized he could not go in it.

So I volunteered to walk with him into the water as far as he was able to go. When the water reached his waistline he started crying because he was so damn happy and asked me if I would support him while he tried to lay on his back.

I said sure but let's take that brace off first.

It took a while but it did come off and a friend took it back to the beach and he was floating happily and felt weightless and comfortable  , so I said. "Hold on and lets go further out and see some fish!"

A short time later it was time to float back to the shoreline and reinstall that damn back-brace. but before it was brought to us he was already standing in water that reached his chest without pain so I suggested we continue walking to the shoreline until the pain returned.

Still no pain at waist level water

And still no pain at knee level

So he walked onto the beach with only a little bit of help from myself.

And a slow walk back to the hotel.

I carried the brace.

And he never used it again.

One of my favorite beach stories, but there were many more.

Thanks for sharing. It brought back some darn good memories.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2017, 01:08:44 PM »
Gym*RAT, Your reply is amazing! Let me explain what I meant when  I said, "I have seen wonders!" someplace up above.

When I was much younger and stationed in Hawaii, I lived just about 50 yards from Waikiki Beach.

I met a friend of a friend one day and he was 'encased' in a horrid backtrace that restricted all of his bodily movements.

One sunny afternoon he slowly walked with us to the beach and he became very remorse when he saw the ocean and realized he could not go in it.

So I volunteered to walk with him into the water as far as he was able to go. When the water reached his waistline he started crying because he was so damn happy and asked me if I would support him while he tried to lay on his back.

It took a while but it did come off and a friend took it back to the beach and he was floating happily and felt weightless and comfortable  , so I said. "Hold on and lets go further out and see some fish!"

A short time later it was time to float back to the shoreline and reinstall that damn back-brace. but before it was brought to us he was already standing in water that reached his chest without pain so I suggested we continue walking to the shoreline until the pain returned.

I carried the brace.

That is an incredible story. Being in a pool or ocean is such a great relief from the pain. I had a pool in the house I lost in the divorce. Weather permitting I lived in that thing. I would get home from work, change and hit the pool. I would stay out there most night until time to go to bed. The weight pressure being released is instant relief. I bet that guy never forgets that moment.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »

I carried the brace.

STUNT I love this story but to be honest I think you like writing a good moviescript and this is one of them.
O

Simple Simon

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2017, 02:11:14 PM »

I carried the brace.

I once helped a guy into the healing waters of Lourdes in his wheelchair, when he tried to get out after i pushed him through the water he fell flat on his face, however i did notice the wheelchair had two brand new tyres on.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2017, 02:24:26 PM »
I had a hot wife in my life but she and life was boring as hell. Married for 28 yrs and I was unhappy for the last 10-12 years. I tried to get myself back into the marriage but no luck. We divorced 2 years ago. I have been friends with a 27 year old beautiful blonde for 5 years. Always kept it on the friend level. After the divorce we did more and more together. So the answer to your response is no hot wife anymore but one hell of a hot girlfriend. Some people are supportive some are dicks about our age difference. We don't give 2 fucks what they say. We have an incredible time together and she will be with me on those walks on the beach.

Well, then I'm happy for you and Kwon is happy for me for being happy for you :)

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2017, 02:25:29 PM »
I once helped a guy into the healing waters of Lourdes in his wheelchair, when he tried to get out after i pushed him through the water he fell flat on his face, however i did notice the wheelchair had two brand new tyres on.
Nicely done  ;D
O