Author Topic: What exactly is it YOU lift for?  (Read 6982 times)

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
What exactly is it YOU lift for?
« on: September 12, 2007, 05:38:39 AM »
I was smokin a gram or two with some friends a few minutes ago.. We had this discussion about what it is we lift for. It seems you can learn alot about a person when you understand what it is that motivates them to bodybuild.

I guess I really do it for the health part.. I've always had a face that can attract women  no problem so women don't motivate me much as its not a problem either way. I really think there isn't any use for me to be "big." I mean... my arms tape out to a (getbig measly) little over 16 and a half inches. Seems the only people that don't like that size are people on getbig? I suppose I could get them bigger but why try so hard? My legs... well I can squat 405 for a single. Nothing special there. And I'm very content with all this.

I wonder what it is that make people want to bodybuild on this website? It's obvious some people don't get much attention and seek it desperately through this site. Being huge seems to only attracts respect from men and about literally 10% of decent looking women outside "the industry". In all my time reading magazines everytime I show my girlfriend or one of her friends a pic of any pro they say "thats gross he's just too big"

So what is it that drives you to bodybuild? Is it the women, the competition, the health, the attention, or all of these? The people I encounter on this site really blow my mind, and i'd like to know what it is that gets you to the gym everyday.Also I find it odd some people have to prove themselves on an "online community" by posting videos to backup their claims. So please describe what it is that drives you. Thanks much

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: What exactly is it YOU lift for?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 05:48:34 AM »
Lift to get chicks?Christ,if I was that desperate to get a chick,Id reach into my pocket and pull out twenty bucks for a head job from a crack head.Some of us are happily married and dont need to "hunt for girls".

Health?Ha,ha, are you kidding me?If I wanted to be healthy Id be swimming at the local YMCA.Squatting with 900lbs is about as healthy as someone hitting me in the head with a hammer.I also doubt taking steroids and eating 600grams of protein a day is contributing to good health.

I lift to giggle at everyone else.Its awesome knowing that Im stronger then the next guy.Nothing better then sneering at little pot heads in utter disdain, as they look away,afraid to make eye contact.I also like looking at myself in the mirror.In fact,sometimes I dont need my wife to get off,I can just stroke to my own reflection in the mirror.Just kidding.I lift to compete.No other reason.Once I started lifting,I knew I couldnt be a real athlete anymore so I just started competing in powerlifting and bodybuilding.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:50:00 AM »
Smoke some more,,,,,,,

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 06:06:35 AM »
always been a fan of pro bodybuilding and the magazines like Flex got me into it. and working out itself. not to mention the aim of attaining thick nasty ripped slabs of muscle has its own appeal.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 06:20:06 AM »
Lift to get chicks?Christ,if I was that desperate to get a chick,Id reach into my pocket and pull out twenty bucks for a head job from a crack head.Some of us are happily married and dont need to "hunt for girls".

Health?Ha,ha, are you kidding me?If I wanted to be healthy Id be swimming at the local YMCA.Squatting with 900lbs is about as healthy as someone hitting me in the head with a hammer.I also doubt taking steroids and eating 600grams of protein a day is contributing to good health.

I lift to giggle at everyone else.Its awesome knowing that Im stronger then the next guy.Nothing better then sneering at little pot heads in utter disdain, as they look away,afraid to make eye contact.I also like looking at myself in the mirror.In fact,sometimes I dont need my wife to get off,I can just stroke to my own reflection in the mirror.Just kidding.I lift to compete.No other reason.Once I started lifting,I knew I couldnt be a real athlete anymore so I just started competing in powerlifting and bodybuilding.
Interesting. I'm not sure what to take as sarcasm and what to take seriously.

Smoke some more,,,,,,,

You can bet your bottom and top dollar I'll do that.. Followed up with 6 boneless barbeque teriyaki wings.

Paul Allen

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 06:31:34 AM »
i lift to pass the time.

i don't compete, per se.

at the office, i like to draw attention from men and women because at my age (36), i like the feeling of looking better than the just out of college guys.

i'm not one to show off my "massive muscle", because at 5'11" , 200 lbs, i don't have much to show.  but i do like the feeling i get when i roll up my sleeves and the girls at the office pet my forearms.

just like the attention, just like everyone else here.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 06:35:51 AM »
I was picked on a lot when I younger and beat up cause I was really small and scarwny, and my whole life  I just wanted to get bigger to get some respect and not deal with so much shit.  So I started lifting in High School to get bigger for myself and for football when I was playing then.  I fell in love with the weights and responded well.  Then in College I got more serious about it and started competing, and I loved competing.  

I love everything about bodybuilding, you get addicted to training and to the iron, its hard to walk away from it.  And its an amazing feeling to be comfortable in one's own body, and to know that you have full control of how you look.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 06:37:14 AM »
i lift to pass the time.

i don't compete, per se.

at the office, i like to draw attention from men and women because at my age (36), i like the feeling of looking better than the just out of college guys.

i'm not one to show off my "massive muscle", because at 5'11" , 200 lbs, i don't have much to show.  but i do like the feeling i get when i roll up my sleeves and the girls at the office pet my forearms.

just like the attention, just like everyone else here.
Exactly.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 06:38:55 AM »
MY OBSESSION

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 06:43:19 AM »
I was picked on a lot when I younger and beat up cause I was really small and scarwny, and my whole life  I just wanted to get bigger to get some respect and not deal with so much shit.  So I started lifting in High School to get bigger for myself and for football when I was playing then.  I fell in love with the weights and responded well.  Then in College I got more serious about it and started competing, and I loved competing.  

I love everything about bodybuilding, you get addicted to training and to the iron, its hard to walk away from it.  And its an amazing feeling to be comfortable in one's own body, and to know that you have full control of how you look.

Did Charles Atlas help you?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 06:46:21 AM »
not gonna read all that

but i lift for jesus
Z

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 06:59:30 AM »
I train cos I love the pump. The feeling of muscles expanding is what makes me feel alive.

Then I head out of the dungeon and back into the real world, filled with it's sham, drudgery, and broken dreams.   :-\

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 07:01:39 AM »

what do the pot heads say about your little chicken legs?

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 07:04:59 AM »
what do the pot heads say about your little chicken legs?

They don't "say" they laugh.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 07:05:41 AM »
16 and a half inches is a good arm measurement andre. its what my arms measure...and anywhere i go BESIDES getbig; they are some pretty decently sized gunz. :)

what motivates me to train?  in hate immediate sense, to be as ripped as possible hen i go visit my g/f in finland in one month. in the longterm sense, i lift because i like to have relations with intelligent, attractive, unique females....and while you don't HAVE to have an awesome body for that type of female to be interested in you..i believe that this type of female DESERVES to have a guy with a beautiful body, as well as mind.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 07:06:38 AM »

dude..you sound like an A number 1 joke...do you realize that?
footloose and fancy free

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 07:08:08 AM »
16 and a half inches is a good arm measurement andre. its what my arms measure...and anywhere i go BESIDES getbig; they are some pretty decently sized gunz. :)

what motivates me to train?  in hate immediate sense, to be as ripped as possible hen i go visit my g/f in finland in one month. in the longterm sense, i lift because i like to have relations with intelligent, attractive, unique females....and while you don't HAVE to have an awesome body for that type of female to be interested in you..i believe that this type of female DESERVES to have a guy with a beautiful body, as well as mind.

BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM ;D

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 07:13:08 AM »

Yes I see what you mean and I have the same thoughts for the most part.

What gets me going alot is when I see a female with a great body it really turns me on to her. I thought that if I got my body to look great enough women would think the same aobut my own body, where as they see it and want it as I want theres.

Just curious.. if you dont mind my asking how did you end up with a girlfriend in Finland?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 07:21:44 AM »
To answer little man Squad father",pot heads,as well as you say, "I wish I could squat within 400 pounds of BILLY  does despite his chicken legs.Alas,the squadfather doesnt need to lift or squat.Why actually lift when you can become an internet icon, and pretend you lift, and are an expert on all things pertaining to lifting.In fairness,it must be hard to lift when you have a yellow streak running down the center of your back instead of a spine.

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 07:22:00 AM »
Attention...I'm about 5'11" 220lbs and carry about 10% BF.  Everytime I go to the Mall or even Walmart people stare (men and women).  I'm married, but I can tell you that women stare all the time.  Sure you don't have to have muscles to get laid, but don't kidd yourself women are more attracted to guys with muscles, just not the extreme muscles of as IFBB pros like Jay or Ronnie.

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 07:24:00 AM »
Billy what's wrong with pot?  It's not for me but I think people should be able to do whatever they want just as long as they don't hurt anyone else.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 07:34:11 AM »
Billy what's wrong with pot?  It's not for me but I think people should be able to do whatever they want just as long as they don't hurt anyone else.

Pot can be misunderstood and abused. Some people use it and don't hurt other people but they do great damage to themselves and like it or not it does in fact lead to other htings. Many people I know have gone on to do dumber and dumber things after pot. They no longer get high from pot and seek the more intense high. These are the people that hurt its image and keep it illegaL(as it will always be of course). When used properly and responisbly its incredible. I don't do any of that shit like wear shirts with pot leaves on them or any dumb shit like that but I do advocate its use.

I've recently dropped coke for it permanently. I do find myself romancing the high coke but it's nothing to sleep over. well maybe it is but .. you know what i mean.  ;D

Kids should never use it either  >:(

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 07:43:59 AM »
I used pot once because I heard it was relazing.  My back was hurting after a workout and I thought it would be a good idea.  I smoked 3/4 of a cigar blunt and I thought I was going to die, the muscles in my back felt like they were being torn apart.  I could feel my heart beating rapidly, I thought I was going to have a heart attack.  One of my employees had a similar experience.  Other people have a great experience with pot, I guess it comes down to how your body handles it. 

My drug of choice is Test...creates a since of well being, gets you big, and increases sex drive.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 07:44:12 AM »
To answer little man Squad father",pot heads,as well as you say, "I wish I could squat within 400 pounds of BILLY  does despite his chicken legs.Alas,the squadfather doesnt need to lift or squat.Why actually lift when you can become an internet icon, and pretend you lift, and are an expert on all things pertaining to lifting.In fairness,it must be hard to lift when you have a yellow streak running down the center of your back instead of a spine.
;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 07:45:01 AM »
Attention...I'm about 5'11" 220lbs and carry about 10% BF.  Everytime I go to the Mall or even Walmart people stare (men and women).  I'm married, but I can tell you that women stare all the time.  Sure you don't have to have muscles to get laid, but don't kidd yourself women are more attracted to guys with muscles, just not to the extreme muscles of as IFBB pro like Jay or Ronnie.
damn man you must look incredible with those dimensions, post a picture.