Author Topic: Out of shape bodybuilding writers!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9055 times)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Out of shape bodybuilding writers!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2006, 05:14:53 PM »
it's obvious that they've never touched a weight in their lives.

This is Peter McGough proving your powers of observation wrong.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2006, 05:15:35 PM »

brutally huge 14 inch arms.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2006, 05:17:02 PM »
brutally huge 14 inch arms.

Keep training, you'll get there.
I hear your forearm is quite big though?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2006, 05:21:58 PM »

lol thats the picture i was looking for!  ;D
just push some weight!

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2006, 05:55:06 PM »
I can only assume that when he wrote:

"i've always wondered how guys like Peter McGough and skinny dudes like Greg Merritt and Shawn Perine feel so proud writing about bb'ing when it's obvious that they've never touched a weight in their lives"

He meant it more as a job application?

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2006, 06:06:53 PM »

Bast175

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2006, 06:09:28 PM »
perine is in great shape, not big though.  What mag does he write for?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2006, 06:12:40 PM »
The whole point of reading articles in magazines like Flex is to learn something you didn't know and hopefully get entertained. Julian doesn't write the way he does in an "attempt to impress people." He's actually that smart. And why not elevate the quality of writing in these magazines? Why dumb down? God forbid people pick up a dictionary once in a while.  

There are very few people who know as much about bodybuilding as Peter McGough. Unlike most of the yahoos on this board, Peter is actually a fan of bodybuilding and bodybuilders and doesn't denigrate ("defame, belittle, attack" in case you don't know the word) the sport. There's no bigger fan or supporter out there, so lay off the petty attacks. This is the second thread on this board that talks crap about him.

Great post. I'm of the mindset that learning is a lifelong endeavor. How are we supposed to learn new words if we decide that we have a sufficient vocabulary at a certain age and are satisfied with that? I think people don't like his writing style because it reminds them that they have much to learn.

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2006, 06:21:05 PM »
perine is in great shape, not big though.  What mag does he write for?

Flexmag

Bast175

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2006, 02:10:26 AM »
he's 5' 9" and he's in the 160s there.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2006, 05:02:13 AM »
Funny reading various dweebs fall all over themselves to complement Perrine on that site, as usual. He's in shape but it's not even obvious that he lifts. Might be time for AAS, less 'iron age' training.  ;D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2006, 11:46:39 AM »
Shawn is no doubt in shape.  Not everyone trains for extreme hypertrophy.  I would rather look like Shawn than most pros these days.  Better still would be to look like the ironage pros, but they are few and far between these days (Troy Alves maybe?).

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2006, 11:49:34 AM »
As the story goes, you don't need to be a bodybuilder to write about bodybuilding, articles, stories, etc.  You just need to be good at covering the story so that others are interested in what you write.  What does writing a story about a competitor have to do with training in the gym for two hours a day? So you can understand it?

Most of the writers, at least a great many of them, as spent countless hours in the gyms in the past.  They know what it is like to work out, spend hours doing cardio, etc.  So if not all of them are in shape at this very moment (myself included), it doesnt mean that at one time, we weren't.

They were hired to to the job of writing because they are good. It is that simple.

I would love you to ask the sports writer at various magazines how they can cover baseball, football, hockey, etc if they didn't play it.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2006, 12:01:55 PM »
As the story goes, you don't need to be a bodybuilder to write about bodybuilding, articles, stories, etc.  You just need to be good at covering the story so that others are interested in what you write.  What does writing a story about a competitor have to do with training in the gym for two hours a day? So you can understand it?

Most of the writers, at least a great many of them, as spent countless hours in the gyms in the past.  They know what it is like to work out, spend hours doing cardio, etc.  So if not all of them are in shape at this very moment (myself included), it doesnt mean that at one time, we weren't.

They were hired to to the job of writing because they are good. It is that simple.

I would love you to ask the sports writer at various magazines how they can cover baseball, football, hockey, etc if they didn't play it.

yes howard cossell was nothing of a football player but puts the athlete annoucers of today to shame------

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2006, 02:04:19 PM »

Very insightful post, Ron!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2011, 11:47:03 AM »
i've always wondered how guys like Peter McGough and skinny dudes like Greg Merritt and Shawn Perine feel so proud writing about bb'ing when it's obvious that they've never touched a weight in their lives.
hahaha good point .....and still to this very day he has yet to 'diet'
L

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2011, 11:51:21 AM »
hahaha good point .....and still to this very day he has yet to 'diet'

:-\

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2011, 12:22:40 PM »
Wheeler writes for MD and his shape sucks with those ugly tats and disgusting synthol arms. Ron Harris gets a lot of crap everywhere but looks pretty good.
And Joe Weider still "writes" for Flex with 30 year old photo's attached.