Author Topic: Nick Winters - powerlifter - passed away  (Read 19984 times)

newmom

Re: Nick Winters passed away
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 07:55:01 PM »
PIP Nicky... from Vinny Galanti facebook " lost one of our own today, Condolenses to the Winters family"

didn't he post that awhile ago

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 08:20:28 PM »

Anyone know how old he was?

Not going to hate on the guy, when you're young all this stuff seems important. You get old, you realize it wasn't.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 03:55:04 AM »
human kind is at a very dispicable state. people all around hate each other, even us good people do it. we are very unforgiving towards one another

people die of heart attacks and strokes all the time but whenever i like to post something about vitamin c potentially reversing cardio vascular disease or other theories no matter what the subject to potetially save human kinds health or move towards that direction, it is not received well by some here and receives the same hateful attention. Theres hardly such a thing as twisting something in a humorous way towards someone you wish to disagrree with, now its mainly hate and sad to see
The Illuminati push heavy sexuality and aggressiveness on young people...all this thug/mma/respect/gangsta garbage ... fight or flight instinct + extreme sexuality = aggressive  young people who become like animals

sometimes I wonder if there is “humane“ left in people  :-\

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 05:31:09 AM »
PIP Nicky... from Vinny Galanti facebook " lost one of our own today, Condolenses to the Winters family"

That's sad... but Vinny could cheer me up!  :D

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 07:58:41 AM »

Not going to hate on the guy, when you're young all this stuff seems important. You get old, you realize it wasn't.

Idiotic!!Im 46 and its worth it.I train at Westside Barbell and Louie Simmons is 63 and he still thinks its worth it.There are millions of guys using steroids,one dies and right away "IT HAS TO BE STEROIDS".

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 08:34:20 AM »
Idiotic!!Im 46 and its worth it.I train at Westside Barbell and Louie Simmons is 63 and he still thinks its worth it.There are millions of guys using steroids,one dies and right away "IT HAS TO BE STEROIDS".
it doesn't have to be steroids

the roided out pigging out lifestyle of a powerlifter is like asking for it (bb as well)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 08:42:24 AM »
pose in peace.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 10:20:06 AM »

I'm not talking about the the Steroids. Everyone who has done anything in this hobby since WWII on, has been using. I'm talking about all the extra weight and strain, etc... that being a realatively short 350lb man does to your body after a number of years. Not a year goes by on Goheavy, Outlawpowerlifting, etc.... that one doesn't see the tale of some shw lifter having some sort of major malady. Shit, not a week goes by on Outlawpowerlifting that you don't see CPAP posts, pain killer posts, etc.... that is directly related to the lifestyle.

I'm not faulting the guy, but sometimes it's best to take the long view.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 10:30:19 AM »
I'm not talking about the the Steroids. Everyone who has done anything in this hobby since WWII on, has been using. I'm talking about all the extra weight and strain, etc... that being a realatively short 350lb man does to your body after a number of years. Not a year goes by on Goheavy, Outlawpowerlifting, etc.... that one doesn't see the tale of some shw lifter having some sort of major malady. Shit, not a week goes by on Outlawpowerlifting that you don't see CPAP posts, pain killer posts, etc.... that is directly related to the lifestyle.

I'm not faulting the guy, but sometimes it's best to take the long view.

The problem is,once your in this its never enough.If you lift 600 you want 700,if you squat 800 you want 900.The same with bodybuilders,they get a 20 inch arm,they want a 21 inch arm.These "sports" are extreme,it takes an extreme person to do them.Yes,there will be casualties on the way.

I have,in my career,ruptured my patella tendon,shattered my knee cap,torn my peck in half,ruptured my left bicep tendon,tore my right tricep off,torn my groin off the bone and partially tore my abdominal wall off.Im 46 and cant put my own socks on.Guess what?I still plan on squatting 900+ this year and going over a grand in two years.Thats the sport.I can give you 50 stories of guys with 100 times more stuff then me and they are still in there slugging.

Look at bodybuilders,look at the guy who started this thread,Ive followed his career for years,he struggled and struggled and struggled.Thats the nature of these games.Yes,stuff can happen,but thats not the thought process,the thought process is the next meet or the next show,the next workout.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 10:52:28 AM »
I can respect that.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 12:42:35 PM »
i can;t let this go. all you guys are bashing him for his weight and drug use...so what. he used steriods. my buddy died at 33 from a heart attack and never touched a steriod or weight in his life. he was a thin guy also. anyone can die at anytime..leave the guy alone

because when someone dies in the BB circle of heavy abusers of gear, people are wanting sympathy?...

your single anecdote among a much larger population serves nothing but to show how simple you are.

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 01:44:35 PM »
R.I.P

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »
these powerlifters piss me off. I asked Jim Wendler one time why he didnt decide to get into bodybuilding and he replied  "I like vaginas and not penises." ok fucktard thats why your were a 280 pound bloated mess on 3 grams of test year round you were getting so much pussy?you have  guys attempting 600 pound benches who cant put up 405 raw due to all the equipment in powerlifting these days. Shameful sport.
l

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 03:42:41 PM »
these powerlifters piss me off. I asked Jim Wendler one time why he didnt decide to get into bodybuilding and he replied  "I like vaginas and not penises." ok fucktard thats why your were a 280 pound bloated mess on 3 grams of test year round you were getting so much pussy?you have  guys attempting 600 pound benches who cant put up 405 raw due to all the equipment in powerlifting these days. Shameful sport.
Okay, don't do powerlifting then.  Shame about Winters.  was a great guy.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 04:06:48 PM »
Things like this shouldn't happen in the year 2010.  :-\ Hopefully won't at all in near future.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Nick Winters - powerlifter - passed away
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »
oh well

he knew the risks