Author Topic: Study: Earth was warmer in Roman, Medieval times  (Read 1336 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Study: Earth was warmer in Roman, Medieval times
« on: December 13, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
Study: Earth was warmer in Roman, Medieval times

If you think the Earth is hot now, try wearing plate armor in the Middle Ages.

A Swedish study found that the planet was warmer in ancient Roman times and the Middle Ages than today, challenging the mainstream idea that man-made greenhouse gas emissions are the main drivers of global warming.

The study, by scientist Leif Kullman, analyzed 455 “radiocarbon-dated mega-fossils” in the Scandes mountains and found that tree lines for different species of trees were higher during the Roman and Medieval times than they are today. Not only that, but the temperatures were higher as well.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/13/study-earth-was-warmer-in-roman-medieval-times/#ixzz2nPPBVPtM

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Study: Earth was warmer in Roman, Medieval times
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »
The earth was flat was also a mainstream idea backed by the science of its day, whos disbelievers were mocked and ridiculed by the scientific community.

Once I see some proof that we as humans are going to kill every living thing from our emissions,  then ill give a shit. Not until.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:57:08 PM »
Sounds like Pelosi and Palin and all the other people that fell for global warming should pay more attention to the Romans.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 10:00:44 PM »
Sounds like Pelosi and Palin and all the other people that fell for global warming should pay more attention to the Romans.
Pelosi or Palin. Which one still believes in "man made global warming"?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 10:31:05 PM »
Pelosi or Palin. Which one still believes in "man made global warming"?

Which one retained the position because it was politically convenient for liberals, and which one abandoned the position the minute repubs started abandoning the position?

I would argue that both are tools that roll with whatever the extreme of their party demands.

HandsomeMOFO

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 10:32:50 PM »
Which one retained the position because it was politically convenient for liberals, and which one abandoned the position the minute repubs started abandoning the position?

I would argue that both are tools that roll with whatever the extreme of their party demands.

Honest people can make mistakes and change their opinion.  Ratfink scumfucks will stick to the lies.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 10:33:34 PM »

If you don't know just say so.

Don't deflect like a retarded democrat.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 08:16:55 AM »
If you don't know just say so.

Don't deflect like a retarded democrat.
he is a retard democrat, which explains his reaction

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 08:28:02 AM »
why do we start these post,most climate scientists and common sence people think climate change is real

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 08:52:08 AM »
why do we start these post,most climate scientists and common sence people think climate change is real

Of course the climate is changing. But, there's also lots of evidence that the Earth's climate is cyclical, so changes are natural and would be happening even independently of human causes.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 09:00:29 AM »

Of course the climate is changing. But, there's also lots of evidence that the Earth's climate is cyclical, so changes are natural and would be happening even independently of human causes.

problem is these people don't even buy into climate change period,man made or not

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 09:02:32 AM »
The earth was flat was also a mainstream idea backed by the science of its day, whos disbelievers were mocked and ridiculed by the scientific community.

Once I see some proof that we as humans are going to kill every living thing from our emissions,  then ill give a shit. Not until.

You are right of course, scientific inquiry hasn't progressed in hundreds of years. Before we were wrong about things like the earth's shape and where thunder came from, now it's colliding particles at CERN to find the Higgs Boson.

Also, how does this disprove man made climate changes? the point is that the earth warms and cools, we know this, however the issue now a days is that it shouldn\t be warming, and not at this rate.

As you can see our degree of error has steadily declined to the point were chaos theory is making some incredible predictions.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 09:07:30 AM »

Guys we KNOW ALL THE VARIABLES OF MAJOR WEATHER CHANGE, THEY ARE ACCOUNTED FOR. Nothing explains the current warming like excessive CO2 gas induced by the industrial revolution. What's with this earth is cyclical thing to as an argument? we know that, it's accounted for. You guys must really have a low opinion of the greatest minds in climatology. People literally devoting their life to understanding this and you think they haven't accounted for things like sun spots,el nino/nina, etc? Do you guys think they are just guessing?

The water table is also cyclical, but if we drink the water, we change it. So merely stating that it's cycling is missing the entire point don't you think? there are facts in between earth's climate is cyclical and current warming. Ignoring them is to miss the point and indulge is simple talking points.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 09:21:47 AM »
This guy is also a fucking nimwit.

The whole tree line thing is silly, he measured in one area and didn't do any alterations for non-linear difference, weather, temp, elevation etc.

Fuck is this all they have. They even claim in the article that the earth has warmed since 1998, smack my fucking face.

2005 was warmer then 1998, fact. So this man is a moron. Now, he also uses a shitty method not accepted by everyone to measure themperature, and avoids the ocean data like the plauge which of course, further contradicts this "study". Also, the treanding is more important that single points of temperature, the trend? warming. Predicions indicate it will continue to do so.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 11:12:01 AM »

I believe it's real.

I believe pollution is bad for the environment.

But I don't buy into man causing climate change.  Even though some in BOTH parties believe it (They all did when it was popular, but since then the repubs have abandoned it). 

Call it "evolving" their positions... but it was a position reached pretty much solely from a popular movement after an Al Gore movie lol.  It's not like Newt and Palin were scientists. 

Although, in 2008, Mccain said about Palin, "She knows more about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America".   More than scientists with multiple PhDs.  That's impressive!   

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 11:50:38 AM »
Guys we KNOW ALL THE VARIABLES OF MAJOR WEATHER CHANGE, THEY ARE ACCOUNTED FOR. Nothing explains the current warming like excessive CO2 gas induced by the industrial revolution. What's with this earth is cyclical thing to as an argument? we know that, it's accounted for. You guys must really have a low opinion of the greatest minds in climatology. People literally devoting their life to understanding this and you think they haven't accounted for things like sun spots,el nino/nina, etc? Do you guys think they are just guessing?

Easy, brother...I'm not denying greenhouse effect, but the most dramatic warming that ended the ice age occurred without industrial CO2. My point is the climate has changed and will change regardless of man. And, emissions have not produced changes comparable to those that occurred naturally during the last years of the Pleistocene.

But I don't buy into man causing climate change.

I do, but I also believe that industrial causes are not the only causes.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 12:04:01 PM »

if we're contributing 1% to it, and we enjoy ipads and amazing airplanes and everything else because of it, so be it. 
If we're contributing 90% to it, then yes, change things before it's too late.

It's just with so many vastly different studies... I think we should wait another decade or two and really get it right.  As someone said, we used to think the earth was flat.  We used to hang people that refused to believe the earth was the center of the universe.  I think in 100 years, Al Gore will be looked at as a genius, or as one of the silliest men of this century.  But everything we think we know now is just very early theories on things.  Could be some other cause that we haven't discovered yet, and maybe never will.  No reason to slow down our amazing technology growth until then. 

Not that I'm cool with pollution, and i do love the idea of tax breaks for anyone willing to paint their roof white.  I know that will save a ton of energy costs, right?  Just make it voluntary... $2000 tax credit if you paint your roof white.  Watch how many obama haters are on a ladder painting away on Dec 30th lol...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 02:46:50 PM »
Easy, brother...I'm not denying greenhouse effect, but the most dramatic warming that ended the ice age occurred without industrial CO2. My point is the climate has changed and will change regardless of man. And, emissions have not produced changes comparable to those that occurred naturally during the last years of the Pleistocene.

Montenegro I am easy, I was playin :-*
When was the period of most dramatic warming? You mean the warmest period as in absolute not rate correct? Are you sure you are right on that? Climate change is a completely natural phenomenon, agreed.

Also, what do you mean by changes? gross change is a silly argument in my mind because you are comparing the warming period of the earth directly after that last major glaciation. More change is available and the magnitude will be greater. Neither dismiss that we are heating up the earth, it's like measuring a diabetics blood sugar after a chocolate bar and then after 24hrs of fasting, look how low it is, no drugs have ever produced that type of serum glucose reductions, must mean they don't work.

What other causes do you suggest?