Author Topic: Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 6849 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Obama wins the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »
We have'nt added all that many troops there 240 and we've been going after the taliban and AQA since 2001. People are twice as scared now..are u kidding me....the damm economy, job loss...the dollar. What friggen planet are u from.
L

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2009, 12:18:42 PM »
That's assuming that the new laws is the sole contributing factor to the arrest of those terrorists. I'm not sure that's the case, are you?

Few of the problems I have has been mentioned already.

Aside from the Patriot Act, and I think most people left or right, have some issues with some part of the act, I haven't seen an onslaught of laws reducing our freedoms and liberties as a result of 9/11.  I'm open to listening if you can list them.

If you can't take a picture of a public place in GB, that's not our fault.  I know the typical lib mantra is it's always somebody elses fault, but they're your laws, your country, and YOUR responsibility to work to change them.  Our response to 9/11 is neither here nor there.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2009, 12:49:12 PM »
Aside from the Patriot Act, and I think most people left or right, have some issues with some part of the act, I haven't seen an onslaught of laws reducing our freedoms and liberties as a result of 9/11.  I'm open to listening if you can list them.

If you can't take a picture of a public place in GB, that's not our fault.  I know the typical lib mantra is it's always somebody elses fault, but they're your laws, your country, and YOUR responsibility to work to change them.  Our response to 9/11 is neither here nor there.

Most of the stuff I've been concerned about has been happening in europe. The hissy fit I've been throwing here the last couple of hours has been about the entire western worlds mentality concerning terrorism in general and how they're so willing to bend over backwards for the government whenever the word terrorism is mentioned. So in a lot of ways this is a problem that crosses borders.

Do I know all the post 9/11 laws in the U.S that restricts your freedom? Nope. Have I seen enough to know that the trend is worrisome? Yep.

"I know the typical lib mantra is it's always somebody elses fault"

Is anyone ever in control of everything? No, of course it's some other peoples fault. What would you expect?
from incomplete data

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2009, 01:38:34 PM »
That's assuming that the new laws is the sole contributing factor to the arrest of those terrorists. I'm not sure that's the case, are you?

Few of the problems I have has been mentioned already.
whether it was the sole contributing factor or not isnt the issue if it was a factor at all then you are being hypocritical numb nut.

you cant condemn it in one sentence and then praise the results in another.  ::)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2009, 03:03:35 PM »
man this thread is just full of meltdowns from right wing republicans, that are not even part of the equation anymore LOL.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2009, 07:33:38 PM »
wtf!!!

What has he actually done/accomplished?  Seriously

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2009, 10:40:03 PM »
whether it was the sole contributing factor or not isnt the issue if it was a factor at all then you are being hypocritical numb nut.

you cant condemn it in one sentence and then praise the results in another.  ::)

Jesus you are slow.
from incomplete data

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2009, 11:11:27 PM »
Jesus you are slow.
hahhahahh more deflection who knew?  ;)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2009, 11:14:12 PM »
hahhahahh more deflection who knew?  ;)

Didn't I try to tell you that moderation is key here, the police/fbi can still do their work even without some of the added gestapo laws.

Yes, you're slow.
from incomplete data

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2009, 11:17:03 PM »
Didn't I try to tell you that moderation is key here, the police/fbi can still do their work even without some of the added gestapo laws.

Yes, you're slow.
LOL and who is to decide the moderation? you? LOL

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2009, 11:21:31 PM »
LOL and who is to decide the moderation? you? LOL

No, a people elected government you fuckin retard. It's also a zeitgeist thing, if the people rebel against this it will be stopped. That's not the case yet though.

You're still slow.
from incomplete data

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2009, 11:25:38 PM »
No, a people elected government you fuckin retard. It's also a zeitgeist thing, if the people rebel against this it will be stopped. That's not the case yet though.

You're still slow.
hahahhah id be willing to bet im a good amount faster than you my friend...

and what country are you from?

you come on here bitching about the infringement on liberties and then praise the results and im slow?  ;)

LOL really?

you bitch and complain about the security in the air ports as examples of being paranoid etc...really? we did have 2 planes flown into buildings and another one flown into the pentagon.

youre right maybe we should stop the whole airport security checks  ::)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2009, 11:32:12 PM »
hahahhah id be willing to bet im a good amount faster than you my friend...

and what country are you from?

you come on here bitching about the infringement on liberties and then praise the results and im slow?  ;)

LOL really?

you bitch and complain about the security in the air ports as examples of being paranoid etc...really? we did have 2 planes flown into buildings and another one flown into the pentagon.

youre right maybe we should stop the whole airport security checks  ::)

Haha, why do I even bother with this.

Terrorists were arrested before 9/11, is that too hard of a concept for you to grasp? Show me where I praised the results of the new gestapo laws? As I said, moderation is key. The same with airport security. People have been arrested(and deported) in airports for just mentioning the word "bomb" or "terror" while waiting for security checks, innocent tourists get interrogated and searched every minute that goes by and yet they have to find a real terrorist. That's not moderate, that's extreme. See where I'm getting at, fuckwit?
from incomplete data

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2012, 09:58:21 AM »
Call me 33333odomus 

What a joke.  Serious, Obama was nominated for this after only something like 2 weeks or months in office. 

Other than:

1.  Going on a world apology tour
2.  Reaching out to Iran & Hugo Chavez
3.  Giving Qaddafi's daughters 400K
4.  Telling the taliban that they can be part of the future Afghan govt.
5.  Giving a ridiculous speech at the U.N.

I have no idea what he has done to warrant this award.  But heck, Jimmy Carter, Arafat, and Al Gore got this too so he is in good company.