Author Topic: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)  (Read 41414 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2013, 09:05:48 AM »
Finally saw it yesterday.ning than Zod.

Dislikes:

1. Second half of the movie reminded me of the Avengers.
2. CGI effects were overkill, especially the last 30 minutes.
3. The actors who portrayed Lois Lane and Zod were a bad choice for those characters.
4. The way Superman killed Zod was silly.  They just spent 30 minutes blowing through buildings and Superman simply breaks his neck? - dumb.

For me I had some of the same dislikes, but it was a trade off to see something I've always wanted out of Superman.  I was cool with Zod.  Lois sucked on an epic scale.

There's another movie which ended similar to Superman killing Zod, but I can't remember it at the moment.  The line "If you love these people more..." is almost identical.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2013, 09:19:11 AM »
Finally saw it yesterday.

1. Actors playing Superman and both sets of parents were good.
2. First half of the movie was better than 2nd half. 
3. Female villain was much more interesting/entertaining than Zod.

Dislikes:

1. Second half of the movie reminded me of the Avengers.
2. CGI effects were overkill, especially the last 30 minutes.
3. The actors who portrayed Lois Lane and Zod were a bad choice for those characters.
4. The way Superman killed Zod was silly.  They just spent 30 minutes blowing through buildings and Superman simply breaks his neck? - dumb.

It was a matinee and the theater was about 50% full.  When the movie ended, I actually heard a few people say "that sucked".

i couldn't disagree with you more , Michael Shannon did a phenomenal job

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2013, 09:34:50 AM »

i couldn't disagree with you more , Michael Shannon did a phenomenal job

Lois was dogshit though.  Why did they pick such a plain person.  She was plain as plain.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »

;)
Gracie Rules

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2013, 09:43:56 AM »
 ;)

Avengers are complete crap.  Some dude with a bow and arrows and what was the name of Scarlett's worthless character again?  They lost me when Norton didn't play Banner.  Robert is always solid.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2013, 10:05:06 AM »
Better than throwing your S at people.. :D

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »
Lois was dogshit though.  Why did they pick such a plain person.  She was plain as plain.

agree, but at least she wasnt as bad as do dog face Maggie Gyllenhaal in the dark knight

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2013, 11:20:24 AM »
agree, but at least she wasnt as bad as do dog face Maggie Gyllenhaal in the dark knight

haha, yes another poor choice.  All girlfriend roles for any superhero should be played by Megan Fox. She can be Lois Lane, Vikki Vale, MJ, Lana, whatever.  Just put her in every GF role.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2013, 11:46:51 AM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2013, 11:54:46 AM »
 CGI effects were overkill

^

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2013, 11:58:13 AM »
 I had mixed feelings about this movie, way too much devastation and complete disregard for human life by superman in the never ending showdown.
There was no brains behind it, there needs to be huge action and destruction to wow in this kind of film but superman should have tried to lure zod away to keep human casualties to a minimum.
I agree doomsday needs to be left until later and superman should die. I watched some clips of smallville that had doomsday and it was shockingly bad, they'd need to be on their A game to pull that character off on the big screen

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2013, 11:58:43 AM »

^

Would you have preferred models and puppets with real explosions? :)

Or maybe some stop-motion effects instead?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
  Some times too much is just    well    too much

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2013, 12:45:16 PM »
i thought amy adams as lois was decent, she looked damn good in that one scene in the daily planet, nice tight top and pants.. i guess they didn't want a SEX on a STICK female as lois. written in the comic books lois isn't a sexy voluptous woman, a attractive woman who uses her looks and  just as much if not more her brains to make it at the top of a man's world/profession..

besides it would be hard to find a beautiful hot as heck woman would then be believeable in her acting to pull of  pulitzer prize winning journalist..

i thought the other kryptonians died in the final battle as i was thinking " how could they die and superman still be alright?" but then one of the posters here said "no, the final explosion put them back into the phantom zone and out our galaxy into nothingness again...

yes, sometimes "less is more" in the final battle, where the city looks like a nuclear bomb hit it! i thought " how in the heck are they going to rebuild the city and clean it up, even with superman's help?" laugh! guess you aren't supposed to think such things when seing a superhero movie?!

and maggie gylenhall as the female hotness in batman? laugh! i forgot but someone was originally supposed to have played that character but dropped out at the last second? i can't think of who right now.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »
oh, now i remember maggie gylenhaall took over the role from katie holmes..at least when holmes is "all done up" she could pull off the sexy hot aspect of that role.. not sure about the acting though...

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2013, 12:01:58 AM »
http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/scoop-what-wonderful-easter-egg-was-cut-from-man-of-steel-152468

Scoop: What Wonderful Easter Egg Was Cut From Man Of Steel?

Those of you tDianaPrincehat follow me on Twitter or know me personally know that I was amped for Man Of Steel. Years and years of anticipation for one of my favorite characters to return to the big screen had me at a fever pitch for the movie to hit. Getting me even more excited for the film, was that I had made some trusted contacts that were providing me with information about the film. Most of them were covered during my time at another site, but I have dropped a few here as well.

One of those was that Wayne Enterprises was getting a name drop in the movie. This was later confirmed by director Zack Snyder himself, and by now most have seen it in the movie. Not only was that in there, but there was lots of other little ones in there such as S.T.A.R. Labs and LexCorp.

However, there was one that I knew about that I teased on Twitter, that I wouldn’t reveal. It was a character that was due for some sort of big screen attention that I wanted people to be surprised by when they saw it. The surprised on was me, however,  when I didn’t see it in the film. So I asked, and it appears as if the scene has been cut from the movie. So I have decided to write this little piece up about what it is I know.

Spoilers About Man Of Steel From This Point:

Okay, during the battle of Smallville, Supes gets walloped into a bank, and smashes a vault door. During this sequence, while in the bank, two things were cut out. The first one, which was reported on back in April, is the Mayor of Plano, IL, where the Smallville scenes were shot, had a small cameo in the film as the bank manager. But what I also heard was that there was a Diana Prince Easter Egg somewhere in the bank too.

As you probably know, Diana Prince is the alter ego of Wonder Woman. I wasn’t given the exact details of the scene, but this past April, Empire came out with their Man Of Steel issue where they said, “Look out for a particularly oh-my-god-I-can’t-believe-this-is-happening bank teller”. Based on what I have been told and what they learned, all signs point to that possibly being the reference. Also, whether or not this makes it on to the blu-ray/DVD extras, who knows. Snyder has said there was only one scene cut from the film. That all the cutting came by shortening scenes down, so this would fall into this category.

With all the Justice League talk floating around, it will be interesting to see how these character Easter Eggs will add to the cohesive universe they are trying to build. Could you just imagine Bruce Wayne telling Superman he owns him money for the satellite him a Zod destroyed? Regardless, with Man Of Steel’s box office things are looking up for DC’s cinematic universe.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2013, 05:08:08 AM »

Avengers:

Kinetic Analysis Corp., one of the leading disaster-cost prediction and assessment firms in the nation, led by Chuck Watson and Sara Jupin, employed computer models used for predicting the destruction of nuclear weapons and concluded that the physical damage of the invasion would be $60 billion-$70 billion, with economic and cleanup costs hitting $90 billion. Add on the loss of thousands of lives, and KAC puts the overall price tag at $160 billion.

Man of Steel

Watson Technical Consulting analysts say the destruction of Metropolis in the movie would be comparable to the United States dropping the atomic bomb on Nagasaki in World War II, with 129,000 people confirmed dead, another 250,000 missing and likely dead, and another million people injured. The damage zone would be about a mile in diameter.

The monetary hit? $750 billion, with a total economic impact of $2 trillion.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2013, 07:04:50 AM »
Avengers:

Kinetic Analysis Corp., one of the leading disaster-cost prediction and assessment firms in the nation, led by Chuck Watson and Sara Jupin, employed computer models used for predicting the destruction of nuclear weapons and concluded that the physical damage of the invasion would be $60 billion-$70 billion, with economic and cleanup costs hitting $90 billion. Add on the loss of thousands of lives, and KAC puts the overall price tag at $160 billion.

Man of Steel

Watson Technical Consulting analysts say the destruction of Metropolis in the movie would be comparable to the United States dropping the atomic bomb on Nagasaki in World War II, with 129,000 people confirmed dead, another 250,000 missing and likely dead, and another million people injured. The damage zone would be about a mile in diameter.

The monetary hit? $750 billion, with a total economic impact of $2 trillion.

All I'm reading here is MOS 1, Avengers 0

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2013, 07:29:30 AM »
All I'm reading here is MOS 1, Avengers 0

8)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2013, 08:03:40 AM »

^

Exactly... people are getting saturated by this stuff.  The first time CGI really wowed me was when I saw the first Ironman movie... very well done without the overkill. 

Compare today's CGI movies to older model special effects movies like "Aliens".  Released in 1986, the special effect are great and that movie totally stands up today.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »
Pretty good..

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2013, 02:10:14 PM »
avengers was a steaming pile of shit..... marvel should just please stop making kiddie disney movies and stop ruining the legacy stan lee created
man of steel was 1000 times better than avengers
choice is an illusion

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2013, 03:04:07 PM »
Saw it "Thursday" it was good

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-sorensen/4-complaints-of-man-of-st_b_3466388.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

4 Complaints of Man Of Steel (and Why They're Bullsh*t)

I recently watched the Donner cut of Superman 2. The original was so cheesy that even watching it when I was little made me think Superman was kind of not right for the screen. The Donner cut made it a little better, but then he flew around the world and turn back time negating the events of the movie which ultimately left the entire thing pointless, again.

In that time, Superhero movies were in their infancy, so I give them leeway because of it. But now, we are neck deep in superhero movies and their sequels, sequels to those sequels, television shows, and superhero film spin offs to television shows. Man of Steel had a lot riding on it because Superman has been kind of a letdown in popular media. They tried to reboot him with Superman Returns, but it was boring, and he just fought a mountain and stalked Lois Lane, or had to explain himself to Lois like a boyfriend who had to justify hanging out with his friends without her. Lots of complaints about Man of Steel have come up, and they're from people who should stop breathing with their mouths open.

Too Much Destruction

What a lot of critics are saying is that there is too much damage done to cities and to people in the film. If you base this on Superman 2, where the biggest thing destroyed was a bus that flew a foot off the ground into Superman, then I guess you're right. But when you read the comics, watch the cartoons, this amount of destruction is a comic norm. You think that when superheroes and supervillains fight in a city they aren't going to destroy a lot of real estate? The Avengers sort of destroyed a lot, but most of the time was just aliens riding around on their Jet-ski's with no real objective other than to be attacked by the superheroes (Not you Hawkeye or Black Widow). This movie finally showed what superheroes fighting were supposed to look like. When Superman punched he broke the sound barrier. My childhood inside was overwhelmed with how bad I've waited to see a Superman fight done right.

Not Enough Character Development

Complaints are coming in that Superman's character wasn't that developed. People who say this must have spent the first half of the film in the bathroom because they slammed their 64oz gut busting cherry squishy during the previews. The flashbacks and exposition of Clark Kent's life reinvented the backstory of him learning his powers, being taught to hone them by Jonathan Kent, and also when not to use them (Even his Jonathan saying he possibly should have let that bus of kids drown). We watch Clark act like a teenager who is defiant, go through emotional pain, and learn life lessons that lead him to the present time in the movie. It's a brilliant set up where we learn about him and the both sides of him and his family.

It Was Too Serious

Who cares? Superman can be serious. Sure, even the dark, gritty Batman series by Nolan had jabs of humor in it, but does that make them even better because of it? There were a few chuckle moments in this movie, but the seriousness overshadowed it. Again, bringing up Superman 2, that movie was full of chuckle moments. By chuckle, I mean "This movie is awful." Remember when Superman ripped off the cellophane "S" off of his chest and threw it at Zod's enforcer? That should have ruined the franchise. And then there was Superman 3 with Richard Pryor. What? Who thought that was a good idea?

(Boardroom)
 Yes man -- "We need a Superman 3. Ideas?"
 Exec -- "Wife and I just saw that funny black man, Richard Pryor. Put him in that."
 Yes man -- "Ye...yeah, okay."
 (Yes man looks over at group of writers wondering if the high-rise window is shatterproof.)

Superman Was Too Emotional

Imagine going through grade school knowing that you could beat everyone up, but you're bullied because you allow it because a punch could decapitate them. Imagine being the outsider for all of your life because you don't know your place or your purpose. Imagine on top of puberty, you can see through everything and you can't control it yet. Imagine you lose the person closest to you when you needed them the most. Oh, and you're also an alien. Would you not be an emotional mess of a person, let alone a God on a planet? This makes Superman become a stronger person emotionally, mentally, and even more physically as the movie progresses. He learns that there is no limit to his strengths and keeps overcoming his boundaries.

I suggest you go into this movie expecting what you've always wanted: A superhero movie done right with a hint of realism that brings you back to when your imagination wanted and hoped for more. That's what I got out of Man of Steel.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2013, 11:10:15 PM »
I suggest you go into this movie expecting what you've always wanted: A superhero movie done right with a hint of realism that brings you back to when your imagination wanted and hoped for more. That's what I got out of Man of Steel.

That's all we ever wanted, and they came pretty close.  As far as emotional, I love the expression on his face when Faora was bitching him.  Remember she was a warrior, and he was just learning to fight.  

I don't think you'd smile if a chick side stepped you and talked shit like this.  ;D