Author Topic: Absinthe  (Read 1635 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Absinthe
« on: December 31, 2006, 12:44:55 PM »
S

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Absinthe
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 01:31:48 PM »
I think it's still illegal in the US, isn't it?  I believe it's back in Europe, though.
Ron: "I am lazy."

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 01:32:41 PM »
I usually enjoy a glass with a syringe of morphine or perhaps some ladium drops tut tut
$

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 01:38:25 PM »
That stuff is like drinking gasoline.  It's impossible to give a girl 2 shots and not hook up that night.  True story.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 01:56:50 PM »
That stuff is like drinking gasoline.  It's impossible to give a girl 2 shots and not hook up that night.  True story.

Wrong.  :) It's foul as Satan's breath and it isn't any magical elixer.

arigato

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 02:02:05 PM »
you can still buy it here!

http://www.originalabsinthe.com/absinthe-c-21.html?azx=1272

im not sure which one is the most potent but there's one that's still the same bottle everybody tripped out on.. but i heard u gotta drink minimum 1bottle or more... probably 2bottle to start hallucinate~
shit taste nasty i heard...

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 02:12:24 PM »
It tastes like Pernod...  :-X

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 02:39:43 PM »
It tastes like Pernod...  :-X

Pernod is Absinthe, you twit!  ::)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 02:46:12 PM »
Pernod is Absinthe, you twit!  ::)

Forgive my ignorance.  I thought Pernod was a euphemism for Pastis, which was cooked up by Pernod Ricard after the ban on absinthe, so it was formulated without the wormwood ingredient.  But I'll defer to you.  ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 02:58:08 PM »
Forgive my ignorance.  I thought Pernod was a euphemism for Pastis, which was cooked up by Pernod Ricard after the ban on absinthe, so it was formulated without the wormwood ingredient.  But I'll defer to you.  ::)

I thought you were talking about the original Pernod Fils.  You need to be more clear.  ;D

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 03:04:34 PM »
I thought you were talking about the original Pernod Fils.  You need to be more clear.  ;D

It's cultural.  :D  I grew up around the Frenchies who would sit at cafes waving their hands and order "pernod" when they wanted pastis.  I figured it was a given.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 03:13:11 PM »
It's cultural.  :D  I grew up around the Frenchies who would sit at cafes waving their hands and order "pernod" when they wanted pastis.  I figured it was a given.

Ahhhh.... it's that Canadian thing you have going on there.  ;D

In America, I've never heard anyone order it (not that it would even be available anyway).

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »
Gotta be difficult to drink something that's 60-70% alcohol by volume.. Is that why they mix it with cold water and sugar?

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 01:27:59 PM »
Gotta be difficult to drink something that's 60-70% alcohol by volume.. Is that why they mix it with cold water and sugar?

Yeah it is... downing a shooter of any kind of herb absinthe, instantly feels like your stomach is vaporizing inside you.  And since the new absinthe has barely a fraction of the hallucinatory wormwood extract, it's just as good to have Pernod/pastis instead... it already has the extra sugar and anise flavor, so all you do is add water.  :P

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »
Yeah it is... downing a shooter of any kind of herb absinthe, instantly feels like your stomach is vaporizing inside you.  And since the new absinthe has barely a fraction of the hallucinatory wormwood extract, it's just as good to have Pernod/pastis instead... it already has the extra sugar and anise flavor, so all you do is add water.  :P

Sounds pretty cool. I've only recently got into drinking and from testimonials I can't say that I'd like absinthe very much. Taste and smoothness wise brandy is the only liquor I like straight, and scotch is a distant second. I do like to get messed up once in a while and it sounds like absinthe would do the job perfectly well.

Mongol

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 08:40:39 AM »
Yeah had it a few times on nights out, it's pretty strong. I wouldn't recomend having too much too quick unless you fancy having your stomach pumped out! 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 08:52:12 AM »
I too have had this a few times, and once recently. Seems overrated to me. I was however highly intoxicated prior to having this shit, so my opinion hardly counts.

They sell it at most bars in Manchester.

I remember once when I gave my mates this shit whilst I had a soft drink shot... that soon separated the men from the boys! 2 of em spewed almost instantly ;D
الاسلام هو شيطانية

sandycoosworth

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 08:53:34 AM »
when i worked at the liquor store 3 years ago everyone was asking for absinthe because there was a media frenzy about it at the time

no message

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 08:58:23 AM »
when i worked at the liquor store 3 years ago everyone was asking for absinthe because there was a media frenzy about it at the time

no message

High flyer!

You must get taxed thru the roof!!! :o
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 10:04:31 AM »
to get the wormwood effect you have to drink as much to get drunk as a skunk so you wouldnt even notoice any mild sensory effects
Valhalla awaits.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 03:32:38 PM »
Me and my buddies ordered 3 bottles of this shit... Its not that bad. and im american for christ sakes... The taste wasnt something i can say i would enjoy on a day to day basis like a beer or a good whiskey.. But i felt pretty good off that shit.. We had the kind with picasso's face and 2 other kinds... I will say this. my wife didnt mind it either and buy the end of the night i was pretty trashed 6 shot of absinthe and then to the bar and home for 3 more shots... it was nice.... But then again i dont remember much after returning home... we are gonna order some more, and the stuff we got had a descent size of wormwood. Anyone have any suggestions on a real potent bottle name or brand...

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 04:14:04 AM »
Hah, you know its real "good" when many people talk about drinking it but not one of them has a story about the walls melting or the toilet elongating and threatening to swallow you.  ::)

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 07:05:14 AM »
Hah, you know its real "good" when many people talk about drinking it but not one of them has a story about the walls melting or the toilet elongating and threatening to swallow you.  ::)

I spewed all over myself outside of W H Smiths after a session, if that counts?