Author Topic: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory  (Read 111695 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory
« Reply #475 on: May 05, 2023, 12:01:36 PM »
Fox's strength is the fact that America has an abundance of angry, uneducated, failures in life type whiners that will not only dedicate hours a day, every day of their lives to watching the network, they will brag about doing so. As if being hooked on a multimedia advertising empire to receive your marching orders is an asset in life? But it's what they do, FOX knows it and of course, makes mountains of cash from doing so.  And if you think their viewers and supporters will be any smarter after the network was proven to be blatant liars in court by their own words, text messages, and private conversations, then you don't understand these people and just how fucked up in the head they are.

It's just like the fact that only dumb people think Trumpy is smart.

Yeah cause this country is doing so well right now.   ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #476 on: May 05, 2023, 12:18:46 PM »

You got only yourself to blame if your life isn't going well.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #477 on: May 05, 2023, 01:56:38 PM »

You keep posting this, so I assume you are personally somehow (negatively) affected. How about you provide details instead of generalizations. From your perspective exactly how is this country (USA) doing, who is affected either negatively or positively, and why is it doing however you think it is... either good, bad, or business as usual?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #478 on: May 05, 2023, 02:49:00 PM »
You keep posting this, so I assume you are personally somehow (negatively) affected. How about you provide details instead of generalizations. From your perspective exactly how is this country (USA) doing, who is affected either negatively or positively, and why is it doing however you think it is... either good, bad, or business as usual?
If you didn't have family paying your bills for you, how would your fixed income be handling the inflation?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #479 on: May 05, 2023, 02:51:32 PM »

Stfu moron.  70% think the economy sucks.   

We are near ww3. 

The border is a mess

The corruption from Biden is staggering. 

Keep wearing your mask and boosting yourself idiot. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #480 on: May 05, 2023, 04:01:50 PM »
Stfu moron.  70% think the economy sucks.   

We are near ww3. 

The border is a mess

The corruption from Biden is staggering.

Keep wearing your mask and boosting yourself idiot.

If there were to be a WWIII, which I doubt there will be, it won't be the U.S. who starts it.

The border is a mess... is this something new? Seems like it has been a mess for quite some time. Here's a link to an interactive map showing Latinx immigration since 1850 up until 2017. Note that the bulk of folks immigrated here from Mexico through out all those years. https://depts.washington.edu/moving1/map_latinx_migration.shtml

Many people believe the government is corrupt and it has been for a very long time. Unfortunately, too many of those folks don't bother to vote which to me means they really have no say it how corrupt it is or isn't. A recent poll show that a greater number of voters believe the Trump family is more corrupt than the Biden family. See the chart below.

Hope you don't mind if I continue to make my own decisions regarding maintaining excellent health. I don't tell you what to do about your health or call you an idiot because you refuse to wear a mask or get a COVID vaccine. Maybe you worry too much about what others do. What's it to you if someone chooses to wear a mask or get vaccinated?

LOL. Haven't you heard; masks are out of fashion now. Yippee! 

As for booster shots, it looks like I could have one if I wanted. On April 18th, the Food and Drug Administration authorized a second bivalent COVID booster for people aged 65 and older or immunocompromised. My plan is possibly to get it once a year and I already had one this year. -Just read that the FDA approved the first RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) vaccine for older adults. Maybe, I will go with this instead to lessen the possibility of getting pneumococcal pneumonia, which I am prone to.  When I have a physical later this month, I run these ideas by my physician. A few years back he talked me into getting a flu vaccine each year, which I have not regretted since I continue my record of never catching the flu.   

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #481 on: May 05, 2023, 04:10:03 PM »
It always sucks when 253,000 more jobs are added and unemployment is down to 3.4%. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #482 on: May 05, 2023, 04:39:48 PM »
It always sucks when 253,000 more jobs are added and unemployment is down to 3.4%.

Excellent point. Of course this depends on whether someone is committed to the belief that the end is near. There are folks here who if they won the lottery, would find some way to complain about it... probably when they paid the taxes on their winnings.  LOL!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #483 on: May 05, 2023, 04:54:42 PM »

But the border..... WW3......   Obama's Christmas ornaments.....   :'(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #484 on: May 12, 2023, 11:58:38 PM »
Scoop: Tucker Carlson accuses Fox of fraud, contract breach
May 9, 2023 - Politics & Policy
https://www.axios.com/2023/05/09/tucker-carlson-fox-news-letter-fraud

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #485 on: May 13, 2023, 12:05:04 AM »
Fox News Ratings Fall Off a Cliff After Tucker Carlson's Departure
BY ALEKS PHILLIPS ON 5/9/23
https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-departure-fox-news-ratings-msnbc-1799153

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: May 13, 2023, 02:15:06 PM »
Fox News Ratings Fall Off a Cliff After Tucker Carlson's Departure
BY ALEKS PHILLIPS ON 5/9/23
https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-departure-fox-news-ratings-msnbc-1799153

Do you suppose Murdock will rehire him?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #487 on: May 16, 2023, 11:46:42 AM »
Do you suppose Murdock will rehire him?

No.  I doubt Tucker would return.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #488 on: May 16, 2023, 11:47:46 AM »
The only thing that might save Fox is the fact their competition is putrid.

Cable News Ratings Friday May 12: CNN Prime Time Viewership Drops Below Newsmax
By Mediaite Staff
May 15th, 2023
https://www.mediaite.com/daily-ratings/cable-news-ratings-friday-may-12-cnn-prime-time-drops-to-335000-average-viewers/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: May 16, 2023, 01:05:25 PM »
No.  I doubt Tucker would return.

I agree. If Tucker follows through on his plan for a Twitter show, who will sue whom for breach of contract?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #490 on: May 16, 2023, 02:48:16 PM »
I agree. If Tucker follows through on his plan for a Twitter show, who will sue whom for breach of contract?

I have no idea, but he already sent Fox a letter accusing them of breaching his contract.  They made a colossal mistake in not only firing him, but the manner in which they did it:  no notice, no reason, no message to his audience, leading tapes to try and damage his reputation, etc. 

They have lost over half his audience and I don't think they are coming back.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #491 on: May 16, 2023, 04:56:26 PM »
I have no idea, but he already sent Fox a letter accusing them of breaching his contract.  They made a colossal mistake in not only firing him, but the manner in which they did it:  no notice, no reason, no message to his audience, leading tapes to try and damage his reputation, etc. 

They have lost over half his audience and I don't think they are coming back.

It is surprising when people holding important well-paid jobs are not savvy enough to consult with their company's legal department before dismissing a person. On the other hand, they may have feared the message he would have sent his audience which would account for them not providing him with the opportunity. As for no reason, I suspect there was a good reason. At least in the minds of those in charge. Employment contracts can be complicated. We don't know what their or his thinking was.

Tucker was popular with his audience for sure. Whether they stick with him in if he ends up using a format like Twitter, I do not know. His show was an hour long. People tweet on Twitter. A tweet is short. Last I read, tweets are limited to 4000 characters. Videos are limited to 512MB and a couple of minutes play time. I guess we will have to wait to see what his 'show' will be like using the tweet format.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #492 on: May 16, 2023, 06:06:09 PM »
It is surprising when people holding important well-paid jobs are not savvy enough to consult with their company's legal department before dismissing a person. On the other hand, they may have feared the message he would have sent his audience which would account for them not providing him with the opportunity. As for no reason, I suspect there was a good reason. At least in the minds of those in charge. Employment contracts can be complicated. We don't know what their or his thinking was.

Tucker was popular with his audience for sure. Whether they stick with him in if he ends up using a format like Twitter, I do not know. His show was an hour long. People tweet on Twitter. A tweet is short. Last I read, tweets are limited to 4000 characters. Videos are limited to 512MB and a couple of minutes play time. I guess we will have to wait to see what his 'show' will be like using the tweet format.

I’m reading bits about twitter TV.  If it launches, then we’ll be able to add the application to our smart TV (Like Amazon Prime, Disney, Youtube TV, etc.).

That’s my guess.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #493 on: May 17, 2023, 01:54:45 PM »

We don't know why they fired Tucker, because they haven't said why.  They apparently haven't even told him why he was fired.  Horrible way to manage this whole thing.  The truth will come out eventually.  But I don't believe the people who stopped watching are coming back.

Tucker had the highest rated show in primetime on all of cable TV.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: May 17, 2023, 01:57:19 PM »
I don't think Hannity can do what Tucker did, if that is the route they are going.

Fox News Says No Decision Made On Primetime Changes After Report Of ‘Hannity’ Move To Tucker Carlson’s Former Slot
By Ted Johnson
Political Editor
May 17, 2023

Fox News said that it is considering changes to its primetime lineup following the exit of Tucker Carlson, but it suggested that a report that Sean Hannity would fill the slot was premature.

“No decision has been made on a new primetime line-up and there are multiple scenarios under consideration,” a network spokesperson said.

The statement came after Drudge Report blared out a main headline that Hannity was being prepared to take over the time slot, with Jesse Watters and Greg Gutfeld also being prepared for primetime slots. Where that leaves Laura Ingraham’s show, which airs at 10 p.m., is unclear.

Lachlan Murdoch Compares CNN's Donald Trump Town Hall To Fox News's Coverage Of His Unfounded Election Claims: "If You Believe That Is Newsworthy In 2023, Well Certainly It Was ... In 2020"

Before he was dropped by the network last month, Carlson was the most watched cable news host in primetime, averaging 3.25 million total viewers in March, the last full month of his show.

Fox News has slotted Fox News Tonight in the time period with a rotating series of hosts, including Brian Kilmeade, Lawrence Jones, Kayleigh McEnany and Will Cain. While they have generally won the time period, the gap has narrowed considerably with the closest rival in the slot, MSNBC’s All in with Chris Hayes. The loss of Carlson appears to have had an audience impact on the show it led into, Hannity, at 9 p.m. ET. The show has generally won its time slot, too, but on Monday, The Rachel Maddow Show beat it, helping MSNBC garner a rare primetime win. The caveat: Maddow’s show airs just once a week, with Alex Wagner filling the rest of the week.

Watters and Gutfeld have been two of the network’s breakout personalities since they launched their shows, replacing newscasts in their time periods. Watters airs at 7 p.m. ET and Gutfeld at 11 p.m. They both are also regulars on The Five, the top rated program in cable news, at 5 p.m.

At the MoffettNathanson conference on Wednesday, Fox Corp. CEO Lachlan Murdoch touted the network’s ability to maintain a top ratings position despite the loss of major personalities, including Glenn Beck, Megyn Kelly and Bill O’Reilly. He did not address the circumstances of Carlson’s exit, and declined to talk about Fox News’ programming decisions.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/fox-news-sean-hannity-tucker-carlson-1235370288/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #495 on: May 17, 2023, 03:08:24 PM »
I’m reading bits about twitter TV.  If it launches, then we’ll be able to add the application to our smart TV (Like Amazon Prime, Disney, Youtube TV, etc.).

That’s my guess.

Interesting. As best as I can tell Tucker hasn't tweeted since May 9th. Timing is everything. If he's going to launch a show on Twitter, he should get on it soon lest folks forget about him.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #496 on: May 22, 2023, 06:37:59 PM »
Sounds like another "historic victory" is in the works.

"The FOX pundits were tired of having to ignore the investigative teams results. They were told to just use their imaginations instead.  Scary that despite how Fox admitted to fleecing their viewers, their viewers still just choose to believe the lies they were told. "

---
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Fox+News+Layoffs+Keep+Coming+In+Wake+Of+%24787.5+Million+Lawsuit+Settlement

The fallout from Fox News’ $767.5 million settlement to Dominion continues to shake things up at the top-rated cable news organization, which was sued by the voting box company after peddling election fraud claims following the 2020 election. The settlement is a historic one, and according to Fox News employees, it's burning a metaphorical hole in the organization’s pocket. It appears the company is rectifying the situation with employee layoffs, and the latest reports point to many reporters falling victim to the large payout.

According to employees who spoke to Rolling Stone, Fox News has laid off a group of journalists from its investigative unit, and it's claimed that the organization has nearly dissolved the entire unit at this point. Allegedly, this is a cost-saving measure to help balance the loss of funds being directed to the settlement with Dominion. But is that actually what's happening?

Many staffers believe so, stating that there's some outrage stemming from the idea that high-salaried individuals like Suzanne Scott and Maria Bartiromo are keeping their jobs while lower-tiered employees are the ones losing out. Scott is the current CEO of Fox News, and Bartiromo is an opinion host that was named in the Dominion lawsuit. Employees believe that Fox is trying to get "money off the books" before June 30. Fox News denies these claims, saying that the reporters weren't even laid off, but rather "reassigned" to different departments at the network.
---

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #497 on: May 22, 2023, 06:42:12 PM »
Ask Alex Jones (or FOX) what happens when you repeat conspiracy theories that cause harm. 

"It was ANTIFA!!"

"It was the FBI!!"

"They were just tourists!!"

"It was just legitimate political discourse!!"

"They weren't Trump supporters!!"

"They weren't violent!!"

::)

---
Tucker Carlson was fired before he could give a conspiracy-theory-fueled monologue alleging a January 6 protester was actually an FBI informant, biographer says.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Tucker+Carlson+was+fired+before+he+could+give+a+conspiracy-theory-fueled+monologue+alleging+a+January+6+protester+was+actually+an+FBI+informant%2C+biographer+says
---

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: May 23, 2023, 12:39:57 AM »
Newsmax just passed up CNN.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #499 on: May 23, 2023, 07:53:03 AM »
So the right wing found a new source for their marching orders ?