Author Topic: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory  (Read 111691 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2021, 08:33:17 PM »
You posted that Fox appears to be the most honest of the networks with their stories. How did you come to this conclusion? What I mean is what is your criteria for determining honesty in reporting.

All the networks have "anchors" who are basically celebrity personalities and not newscasters. Most of the content in these shows is the host's opinion. Even during interviews, they do most of the talking instead of the interviewee. I don't believe opinions are held to the same standard as reporting, in terms of honesty.

Networks have opinion shows and hard news shows.  With places like CNN and MSNBC, they are impossible to distinguish. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2021, 10:44:13 PM »
CNN continues to struggle as entire lineup fails to crack one million viewers
'Don Lemon Tonight' managed only 635,000 to drag down CNN’s primetime average
By Brian Flood | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-one-million

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2021, 12:44:37 AM »
No surprise. I feel the majority of Americans see the B.S. that CNN is. Problem is, nobody is allowed to speak against anything libbytarded.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: July 14, 2021, 11:17:47 AM »
New low? CNN’s ‘New Day’ draws only 76K viewers among demo coveted by advertisers
'It’s remarkably low viewership when putting these three numbers into context,' Joe Concha said
By Brian Flood | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-new-day-new-low-demo

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: July 14, 2021, 11:46:25 AM »
Networks have opinion shows and hard news shows.  With places like CNN and MSNBC, they are impossible to distinguish.

The hard news on CNN airs during the off hours. Late at night and on weekends. The opinion shows get Primetime. Just as the opinion shows are aired during primetime on FOX. Fox News removed one of its only nighttime hours of news coverage. The 7 p.m. hour, anchored by Martha MacCallum and called "The Story," will become "Fox News Primetime" and will be led by a "rotating" cast of opinion hosts.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2021, 11:53:59 AM »
The hard news on CNN airs during the off hours. Late at night and on weekends.

Is that when they aired the Hunter Biden laptop story?
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2021, 01:16:22 PM »
The hard news on CNN airs during the off hours. Late at night and on weekends. The opinion shows get Primetime. Just as the opinion shows are aired during primetime on FOX. Fox News removed one of its only nighttime hours of news coverage. The 7 p.m. hour, anchored by Martha MacCallum and called "The Story," will become "Fox News Primetime" and will be led by a "rotating" cast of opinion hosts.

Bret Baier is hard news.  He is as straight, honest, and fair as they come when it comes to news anchors. 

Overall, the reason Fox News beats CNN and MSNBC like a drum is because Fox is just better at it.  Smarter, funnier, more honest.  (Although I frankly don't completely trust any network, including Fox.)  What's crazy is how many people on CNN and MSNBC who have shows or recurring guest roles that are just not very bright.  Or dishonest.  Or both.  Does anyone really watch Al Sharpton on MSNBC or Brian Stelter on CNN and come away thinking:  those guys are really bright? 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2021, 01:44:32 PM »
Bret Baier is hard news.  He is as straight, honest, and fair as they come when it comes to news anchors. 

Overall, the reason Fox News beats CNN and MSNBC like a drum is because Fox is just better at it.  Smarter, funnier, more honest.  (Although I frankly don't completely trust any network, including Fox.)  What's crazy is how many people on CNN and MSNBC who have shows or recurring guest roles that are just not very bright.  Or dishonest.  Or both.  Does anyone really watch Al Sharpton on MSNBC or Brian Stelter on CNN and come away thinking:  those guys are really bright?
Sharpton was pure comedy gold when he had his daily show before getting demoted.  The moron struggled to read the prompter and would sound out the words like a 1st grader just learning to read.  They had to give him the weekend gig instead of firing him or he'd probably sue for racism.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2021, 02:05:56 PM »
Sharpton was pure comedy gold when he had his daily show before getting demoted.  The moron struggled to read the prompter and would sound out the words like a 1st grader just learning to read.  They had to give him the weekend gig instead of firing him or he'd probably sue for racism.

And to think Democrats actually put him on the debate state during a presidential election season.   :-[

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2021, 03:29:20 PM »
Rev Al was  so far left  , the right blinker fell off his car. :o

His time on cable news has forced him to be a little less "partisan left" overall.
Mind you he's still way to the left, he's just not the same fire breather he once way.

Of course he's older and lot lighter now, so that might have mellowed him out a bit?

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2021, 10:04:45 PM »

Do you people really pay $$$ to watch TV crap  ::)

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #262 on: July 15, 2021, 03:36:45 AM »
Libtardz are epic failures at everything they come in contact with, (like Howards Dads peentang)...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2021, 09:56:40 AM »
Rev Al was  so far left  , the right blinker fell off his car. :o

His time on cable news has forced him to be a little less "partisan left" overall.
Mind you he's still way to the left, he's just not the same fire breather he once way.

Of course he's older and lot lighter now, so that might have mellowed him out a bit?
Yeah, he definitely lost a lot of weight.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2021, 10:07:15 AM »
Libtardz are epic failures at everything they come in contact with, (like Howards Dads peentang)...

Thanks for bringing up Dad, a lifelong republican.
He served in the end of WWII and in the Korean war as a naval gunners mate on an aircraft carrier.
Worked his way up from basic shipwright to structural welding supervisor at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard ( Nuclear subs).

Great father show taught me how to be a man:

At age 12 , I didn't want to keep shoveling snow in my drive way.
I said fuk this and headed back in.
I only got one step down and before the 2nd , he shoved me into the snowbank.

I dusted myself off and went back to work and glanced over to him.
He just nodded his apporval that  started again and never said a word. ;)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: July 15, 2021, 10:27:46 AM »
Thanks for bringing up Dad, a lifelong republican.
He served in the end of WWII and in the Korean war as a naval gunners mate on an aircraft carrier.
Worked his way up from basic shipwright to structural welding supervisor at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard ( Nuclear subs).

Great father show taught me how to be a man:

At age 12 , I didn't want to keep shoveling snow in my drive way.
I said fuk this and headed back in.
I only got one step down and before the 2nd , he shoved me into the snowbank.

I dusted myself off and went back to work and glanced over to him.
He just nodded his apporval that  started again and never said a word. ;)
You should have reported him to the child labor people.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: July 15, 2021, 02:10:28 PM »
You should have reported him to the child labor people.

Howard the COWARD !.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: July 15, 2021, 05:04:38 PM »

I have never watch Sharpton or Stelter, when are they on?

Why do you think Fox News removed Martha MacCallum?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: July 15, 2021, 10:06:47 PM »

I don't know what times they are on.  I think Sharpton has been relegated to the weekend and Stelter is on every day?  Stelter's show is called "Reliable Sources," which has to be one of the funniest names ever for a show that is full of partisan BS. 

I don't know what happened to Martha MacCallum. 

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #269 on: July 16, 2021, 06:35:13 AM »

wait you still have cable? you still watch tv?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: July 16, 2021, 08:06:07 AM »

Howard the COWARD !.

Try picking up the soap in a communal gym shower and we'll see who has fear in their eyes  ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: July 16, 2021, 08:11:09 AM »
I don't know what times they are on.  I think Sharpton has been relegated to the weekend and Stelter is on every day?  Stelter's show is called "Reliable Sources," which has to be one of the funniest names ever for a show that is full of partisan BS. 

I don't know what happened to Martha MacCallum.
MM  makes my testes tingle. Epic news hotty. 8)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: July 16, 2021, 02:47:24 PM »
wait you still have cable? you still watch tv?

Cable, streaming, Netflix, Britbox, online movie rental/purchase and probably more. My Comcast/xfinity bill is over $260 a month and that's with a discount because I've been their customer since 1983.

What is funny is that I rarely turn on the TV before 7:00 PM and off at 11:00, with time out for dinner prep. I eat dinner between 8:00 and 9:00 PM. Still 3 to 4 hours is a lot of TV. I'm a big fan of documentaries....not so much sitcoms or reality shows.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: July 16, 2021, 04:17:14 PM »
Cable, streaming, Netflix, Britbox, online movie rental/purchase and probably more. My Comcast/xfinity bill is over $260 a month and that's with a discount because I've been their customer since 1983.

What is funny is that I rarely turn on the TV before 7:00 PM and off at 11:00, with time out for dinner prep. I eat dinner between 8:00 and 9:00 PM. Still 3 to 4 hours is a lot of TV. I'm a big fan of documentaries....not so much sitcoms or reality shows.

:o $ 260 p/m to watch TV ................. :P

I can buy pirated DVD of any US produced TV series for $ 5 per season, like The Walking Dead,Forged in Fire, ..................

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: July 17, 2021, 11:27:55 AM »

:o $ 260 p/m to watch TV ................. :P

I can buy pirated DVD of any US produced TV series for $ 5 per season, like The Walking Dead,Forged in Fire, ..................

Yeah, it is ridiculous. We didn't always have such an expensive package. It has evolved over the years. Also, after my wife became ill, home entertainment was a mainstay for her. I could reduce the cost by going to a lesser package. I also have hi-speed internet with unlimited data because with so many people using it we'd go over the limit. The package includes phone service for the landline. That is definitely something I could cut since none of us ever use it.