Author Topic: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory  (Read 111694 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory
« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2023, 05:24:54 AM »
Now PBS....quits for Twitter calling them public funded....the "Public Broadcast System" sounds like something out of the Soviet era.  ;D

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/publicly-funded-pbs-joins-npr-quitting-twitter

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #351 on: April 13, 2023, 12:33:11 PM »
Their excuses just isn't cutting it anymore....

Seems like The Big Lie isn't just related to Trumpy alone.   :D   But yet, the sheep keep following Fox, even when the founder admits they lied.   Suckers.

---
Judge Says Fox News Can’t Argue Spreading the 'Big Lie' Was Newsworthy

Frequent protesters from Rise and Resist stood in front of the Fox News building in New York City last month with signs citing court documents stemming from the Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit.

Fox News is going to need to rethink its strategy and excuses for why it promoted the lies of the 2020 election deniers. On Tuesday, a Delaware judge said during a pre-trial hearing that Fox News won’t be allowed to try and convince jurors its promotion of the “big lie” conspiracy was all just regular journalistic practice covering a sitting president.

“Just because someone is newsworthy doesn’t mean you can defame someone,” Davis told Dominion and Fox’s lawyers, according to The New York Times.

---

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Judge+Says+Fox+News+Can%E2%80%99t+Argue+Spreading+the+%27Big+Lie%27+Was+Newsworthy

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: April 13, 2023, 07:08:07 PM »
They just keep blundering away....

How stupid do you have to be at this point not to see that these judges are not fucking around any more and playing games isn't going to get you anywhere but in deeper shit?

---
Fox News Attorneys Committed ‘Misconduct’ by Withholding Trump Lawyer Tapes as Evidence, Judge Rules

Recordings of conversations between Fox News employees and attorneys who tried to help Donald Trump overturn the 2020 election were improperly withheld as evidence in Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation case, the Delaware judge overseeing the $1.6 billion lawsuit ruled Wednesday.

Judge Eric Davis ruled that Fox News lawyers had committed “discovery misconduct,” according to the Los Angeles Times, and it wasn’t his only rebuke of the defense: Davis also said during Wednesday’s pretrial conference that he was considering sanctions against network lawyers for not properly disclosing that Rupert Murdoch was has an executive chair role at Fox News.

The existence of the tapes came to light last week in a separate civil action filed against Fox News by Abby Grossberg, a former Maria Bartiromo producer. Grossberg is separately suing the network for discrimination and wrongful termination.

In that lawsuit, the plaintiffs presented taped conversations with Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell that were recorded before and after appearances on Bartiromo’s show in November 2020. In one of those conversations, Giuliani says he has little evidence to back up claims he had made on the program.

Fox said in a statement Wednesday that it “produced the supplemental information from Ms. Grossberg when we first learned it.”

Dominion is asking for $1.6 billion in damages for what it says are defamatory statements about its voting machines in multiple reports, guest segments and host commentary. Fox has maintained it was merely reporting the news, and has dug in its heels on what could be a landmark First Amendment case.

Trial is set to begin Monday.
---

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Fox+News+Attorneys+Committed+%E2%80%98Misconduct%E2%80%99+by+Withholding+Trump+Lawyer+Tapes+as+Evidence%2C+Judge+Rules

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #354 on: April 14, 2023, 02:36:47 PM »
Have these lawsuits resulted in CNN, MSNBC et al. crushing Fox News in ratings?  Or does that come later? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2023, 05:12:51 PM »
Have these lawsuits resulted in CNN, MSNBC et al. crushing Fox News in ratings?  Or does that come later?

It probably will never come.  Mainly because less CNN, MSNBC, et al.. viewers need daily marching orders and stolen election lies fed to them every day to cope with reality.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2023, 05:13:31 PM »
You are gay and still fat.

Actually, I'm neither.

But you still have a latent homosexual crush on Obama.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2023, 08:42:08 PM »
Actually, I'm neither.

But you still have a latent homosexual crush on Obama.

I've never seen a bigger closet case than SC.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: April 15, 2023, 04:08:59 AM »

Sorry moron.   I like women like tulsi and sinema.  Curves and boobs.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: April 15, 2023, 06:38:36 AM »
Sorry moron.   I like women like tulsi and sinema.  Curves and boobs.

Sure you do.  In that were true you would lusting after Michelle.  If for no other reason to just eat her pussy and get a taste of Obama's magic recipe.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: April 15, 2023, 11:42:27 AM »
Sure you do.  In that were true you would lusting after Michelle.  If for no other reason to just eat her pussy and get a taste of Obama's magic recipe.

Michelle is flat chested. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: April 15, 2023, 12:35:02 PM »
Michelle is flat chested.

So is Obama and you can't get him out of your head and fantasies. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: April 17, 2023, 02:30:49 PM »
It probably will never come.  Mainly because less CNN, MSNBC, et al.. viewers need daily marching orders and stolen election lies fed to them every day to cope with reality.

Absurd.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: April 17, 2023, 02:31:27 PM »

No he isn't.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: April 17, 2023, 03:00:55 PM »
Absurd.

The proof is in the numbers.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: April 17, 2023, 03:02:40 PM »
The proof is in the numbers.

What numbers expressly show that Fox News routinely and consistently destroys CNN and MSNBC in ratings "Mainly because less CNN, MSNBC, et al.. viewers need daily marching orders and stolen election lies fed to them every day to cope with reality"?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: April 17, 2023, 03:08:02 PM »
What numbers expressly show that Fox News routinely and consistently destroys CNN and MSNBC in ratings "Mainly because less CNN, MSNBC, et al.. viewers need daily marching orders and stolen election lies fed to them every day to cope with reality"?

The fact that Fox constantly lies.  Why else do viewers tune into it?  Reality is harsh.  Excuses are needed.  To justify lost elections and warped projections.  There is a whole trial starting tomorrow about that.   :D

There is a pretty good chance that Fox will nab another historic achievement as well.  Just not the kind they are hoping for. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: April 17, 2023, 03:15:15 PM »
The fact that Fox constantly lies.  Why else do viewers tune into it?  Reality is harsh.  Excuses are needed.  To justify lost elections and warped projections.  There is a whole trial starting tomorrow about that.   :D

There is a pretty good chance that Fox will nab another historic achievement as well.  Just not the kind they are hoping for.

When you said "proof is in the numbers" I thought you had actually looked at data.  Doesn't sound like it. 

You're certainly welcome to your opinion, but I don't think it's fact-based.  The Fox News hard news anchors and opinion show anchors are just better.  That's what the numbers consistently show. 

Yes there is a trial that isn't looking too good for Fox News.  Would not surprise me if they got whacked in this climate.  I doubt it does anything to their ratings though.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: April 17, 2023, 04:01:30 PM »
When you said "proof is in the numbers" I thought you had actually looked at data.  Doesn't sound like it. 

You're certainly welcome to your opinion, but I don't think it's fact-based.  The Fox News hard news anchors and opinion show anchors are just better.  That's what the numbers consistently show. 

Yes there is a trial that isn't looking too good for Fox News.  Would not surprise me if they got whacked in this climate.  I doubt it does anything to their ratings though.

I don't think FOX News high ratings are such a big deal. The biggest reason behind the success of Fox News network is that it is the only news choice for conservative viewers.  Direct TV's Newsmax was rated 50th before it ceased to air on cable. On the other hand, Liberal viewers have multiple choices.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: April 17, 2023, 04:06:14 PM »

Let's go by the Trumpturd's usual whinings :

1- The MSM lies to you, you can't believe the MSM.
2- Fox at the top is clearly MSM.
3- Fox lies.  No debate to this.  Flat out in the open.

Therefore more people watch Fox because they need the lies to cope with reality and facts when they don't their way.  They need the "alternative facts" to get through the day and tell them what to think when confronted with the truth.  Unless of course you want Trumpturds to admit that FOX lies.  Which, of course, only validates the fact of their high ratings.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: April 17, 2023, 04:09:40 PM »
I don't think FOX News high ratings are such a big deal. The biggest reason behind the success of Fox News network is that it is the only news choice for conservative viewers.  Direct TV's Newsmax was rated 50th before it ceased to air on cable. On the other hand, Liberal viewers have multiple choices.

I don't think their ratings are a big deal either. 

I disagree about why they crush CNN and MSNBC.  Fox News is just better than CNN and MSNBC.  It it isn't just that Fox News has better ratings.  It's that CNN and MSNBC having terrible ratings.  But that's what happens when you have a garbage network with no dissenting viewpoints. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: April 17, 2023, 04:25:11 PM »

I disagree about why they crush CNN and MSNBC.  Fox News is just better than CNN and MSNBC.  It it isn't just that Fox News has better ratings.  It's that CNN and MSNBC having terrible ratings.  But that's what happens when you have a garbage network with no dissenting viewpoints.

FOX News has dissenting viewpoints??? Who knew?

CNN claims to have them as well. It makes for a more lively discussion. https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/14/scott-jennings-amanda-carpenter-trump-republican-reflection-ctn-vpx.cnn

Is it not possible that you believe FOX News is 'better' because you are much more likely to agree with the news and opinions presented by a conservative cable news channel. Not saying there is anything wrong with this. People gravitate toward foregone beliefs. Seeking affirmation is human nature.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #373 on: April 17, 2023, 04:27:06 PM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: April 17, 2023, 04:34:49 PM »

The "garbage" network isn't the one going to trial for blatantly lying, attempting to convince people that a fair election was "stolen", which in turn caused many to forego their personal freedoms in an effort to interfere with an exchange of Presidential power and administration.