Author Topic: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory  (Read 111676 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory
« Reply #425 on: April 27, 2023, 03:13:27 PM »
Clearly Fake - of course - can't pass up the opportunity to say something stupid.

---
Former GOP gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake on Tuesday suggested that Fox News was “in bed with the left” after the conservative channel ousted Tucker Carlson. (Watch the video below.)

“It’s very obvious right now that Fox News has become the establishment GOP, which is really the uniparty Republicans,” she said on the competing conservative outlet Newsmax. “They’re the ones who are really in bed with the left.”
---

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #426 on: April 28, 2023, 11:49:12 PM »
This definitely feels different than when O'Reilly and Megyn Kelly left. 

Fox ratings tumble in Tucker Carlson slot after his firing
By DAVID BAUDER
April 27, 2023
https://apnews.com/article/fox-carlson-fired-ratings-newsmax-0bc7a7690ccc7d18df2fc6e959004c06

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #427 on: April 28, 2023, 11:50:33 PM »
Megyn Kelly Declares Fox’s Ratings a ‘Bloodbath’ After Tucker Exit
CRUNCHING THE NUMBERS
AJ McDougall
Breaking News Reporter
Published Apr. 27, 2023
https://www.thedailybeast.com/megyn-kelly-declares-fox-news-ratings-a-bloodbath-after-tucker-carlsons-exit

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: April 29, 2023, 12:31:09 AM »
Megyn Kelly Declares Fox’s Ratings a ‘Bloodbath’ After Tucker Exit
CRUNCHING THE NUMBERS
AJ McDougall
Breaking News Reporter
Published Apr. 27, 2023
https://www.thedailybeast.com/megyn-kelly-declares-fox-news-ratings-a-bloodbath-after-tucker-carlsons-exit
She and Bill O'Reilly are happy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #429 on: April 29, 2023, 01:31:22 AM »
This definitely feels different than when O'Reilly and Megyn Kelly left. 

Fox ratings tumble in Tucker Carlson slot after his firing
By DAVID BAUDER
April 27, 2023
https://apnews.com/article/fox-carlson-fired-ratings-newsmax-0bc7a7690ccc7d18df2fc6e959004c06

Tucker was the best they ever had there. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: April 29, 2023, 02:42:22 PM »
If I talked about Tucker Carlson being a “family man,” I don’t remember.  But I do remember saying I really like him.  He was the best opinion host on Fox News and the only one who always told the truth, regardless of politics, and talked about things others were afraid to touch.  He was essentially the male version of Megyn Kelly.   

Very recently Tucker's been accused of talking out of both sides of his mouth with regards to Trump, some of Trump's attorneys, a stolen election, and Dominion voting machines, saying one thing to his viewership and another opposite opinion in private... emails and conversations. If this is true, how could it be that he always told the truth?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: May 01, 2023, 12:41:29 AM »
Better than Bill O'Reilly?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: May 01, 2023, 05:06:57 AM »

Someone responsible for costing the company $787 Million for LYING is "the best they ever had there?"

Guess that tells you what the rest of the company is like.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #433 on: May 01, 2023, 06:07:18 PM »
Agreed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: May 01, 2023, 09:47:37 PM »
Very recently Tucker's been accused of talking out of both sides of his mouth with regards to Trump, some of Trump's attorneys, a stolen election, and Dominion voting machines, saying one thing to his viewership and another opposite opinion in private... emails and conversations. If this is true, how could it be that he always told the truth?

Because what you say is not true.  Tucker never pushed the Dominion stuff.  He tried to get Sidney Powell on his show and she refused.  He called her a nut, both publicly and privately.  He has talked about certain parts of the election that were rigged (the mules, Mark Zuckerberg's illegal influence, suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story, etc.).  He has been consistent. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: May 01, 2023, 09:48:08 PM »
She and Bill O'Reilly are happy.

And doing very well.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: May 01, 2023, 09:48:40 PM »

I think he and Megyn Kelly were the best. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2023, 09:49:42 PM »
Someone responsible for costing the company $787 Million for LYING is "the best they ever had there?"

Guess that tells you what the rest of the company is like.

Tucker has nothing to do with the Dominion settlement.  He never pushed the Dominion conspiracy theories on his show. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: May 02, 2023, 06:01:22 AM »
Tucker has nothing to do with the Dominion settlement.  He never pushed the Dominion conspiracy theories on his show.

He pushed the narrative that the Dominion settlement was the basis of.

If he and the others hadn't lied and feed their viewers the stolen election bullshit, there would probably have no lawsuit against Fox News. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #439 on: May 02, 2023, 06:36:40 AM »
The election WAS stolen.

Maybe not by manipulation voting machines, but through big tech censorship, media dishonesty, and such.

And Trump could have still one if he didn't f up Covid and prepared better for the debates.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: May 02, 2023, 06:45:01 AM »
Based on votes the election was fair and solid.  I am sure the majority of people in that election already had their minds made up who they were voting for and nothing on the news, social media, or restroom wall was going to change their minds.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: May 02, 2023, 01:14:45 PM »
The election WAS stolen.

Maybe not by manipulation voting machines, but through big tech censorship, media dishonesty, and such.

And Trump could have still one if he didn't f up Covid and prepared better for the debates.

Yes.  That's what Tucker talked about on his show.  Not the Dominion stuff. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: May 02, 2023, 01:20:41 PM »
Based on votes the election was fair and solid.  I am sure the majority of people in that election already had their minds made up who they were voting for and nothing on the news, social media, or restroom wall was going to change their minds.

No, the election was not "fair and solid."  Biden won, but the polls shows that the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story alone changed the outcome of the election. 

FLASHBACK: 16% of Biden voters would have voted differently if Hunter Biden laptop story was not suppressed by media, big tech
A poll previously put out by the Media Research Center showed that fully 16 percent of voters who were unaware of the Hunter Biden laptop scandal would have switched their minds and not voted for Joe Biden for president, had they known about it at the time.
Mar 17, 2022
https://thepostmillennial.com/flashback-16-of-biden-voters

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: May 02, 2023, 01:21:42 PM »
He pushed the narrative that the Dominion settlement was the basis of.

If he and the others hadn't lied and feed their viewers the stolen election bullshit, there would probably have no lawsuit against Fox News.

No he didn't.  He never pushed the Dominion stuff.  Not publicly.  Not behind closed doors.  The Dominion lawsuit had nothing to do with Tucker. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: May 02, 2023, 02:29:22 PM »
Because what you say is not true.  Tucker never pushed the Dominion stuff.  He tried to get Sidney Powell on his show and she refused.  He called her a nut, both publicly and privately.  He has talked about certain parts of the election that were rigged (the mules, Mark Zuckerberg's illegal influence, suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story, etc.).  He has been consistent.

Reportedly, Tucker said one thing about stolen elections, etc. to his viewers and opposing remarks to his co-workers and in private.

And then he was fired!

According to what I read he has hired Bryan Freedman a high-profile attorney with plans to sue Fox for wrongful termination. Guess we will have to wait to see what that exposes and how it is resolved.

Rubin was asking Carlson about CNN anchors like Brian Stelter, Chris Cuomo, and Don Lemon — he called them "clown people" — who “just lie again and again.”

Here’s what Carlson said:

“I guess I would ask myself, like, I mean, I lie if I’m cornered or something. I lie. I really try not to. I try never to lie on TV. I just don’t — I don’t like lying. I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever, but to systematically lie like that, without asking yourself, why am I doing this?”

Tucker Carlson stated on November 8, 2022, in election night coverage on Fox News:
“Electronic voting machines didn't allow people to vote” in Maricopa County, Arizona.

Tucker Carlson
stated on June 10, 2022, in in a TV segment:
“Not a single person in the crowd on January 6 was found to be carrying a firearm. Not one.”

Indiana Man Pleads Guilty to Carrying a Gun and ...

Department of Justice (.gov)
https://www.justice.gov › ... › News
Jun 17, 2022 — WASHINGTON – An Indiana man pleaded guilty today to carrying a loaded gun on Capitol grounds and assaulting law enforcement officers during the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Mark Andrew Mazza, 57, of Shelbyville,  Indiana, pleaded guilty in the District of Columbia to assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers with a dangerous weapon and carrying a pistol without a license.

Is Tucker's truthfulness a case of semantics?

Now comes the claim that you can't expect to literally believe the words that come out of Carlson's mouth. And that assertion is not coming from Carlson's critics. It's being made by a federal judge in the Southern District of New York and by Fox News's own lawyers in defending Carlson against accusations of slander. It worked, by the way.

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: May 02, 2023, 02:53:30 PM »
No he didn't.  He never pushed the Dominion stuff.  Not publicly.  Not behind closed doors.  The Dominion lawsuit had nothing to do with Tucker.

He pushed the narrative of a stolen election.  Dominion suffered because of the lies of a stolen election that people believed.  He may not have said the word "Dominion", but he fanned the flames with his lies nonstop.

Dominion Voting Systems alleged in its lawsuit that Carlson allowed debunked election-fraud claims about the voting-technology firm to air firm to air on his show.  He gave the liars a soapbox to scream from. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: May 02, 2023, 02:54:50 PM »
No, the election was not "fair and solid."  Biden won, but the polls shows that the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story alone changed the outcome of the election. 

FLASHBACK: 16% of Biden voters would have voted differently if Hunter Biden laptop story was not suppressed by media, big tech
A poll previously put out by the Media Research Center showed that fully 16 percent of voters who were unaware of the Hunter Biden laptop scandal would have switched their minds and not voted for Joe Biden for president, had they known about it at the time.
Mar 17, 2022
https://thepostmillennial.com/flashback-16-of-biden-voters

Yes the election was fair and solid.  Mind changing aside, the votes were never changed or stolen or flipped.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: May 02, 2023, 03:07:44 PM »
Reportedly, Tucker said one thing about stolen elections, etc. to his viewers and opposing remarks to his co-workers and in private.

And then he was fired!

According to what I read he has hired Bryan Freedman a high-profile attorney with plans to sue Fox for wrongful termination. Guess we will have to wait to see what that exposes and how it is resolved.

Rubin was asking Carlson about CNN anchors like Brian Stelter, Chris Cuomo, and Don Lemon — he called them "clown people" — who “just lie again and again.”

Here’s what Carlson said:

“I guess I would ask myself, like, I mean, I lie if I’m cornered or something. I lie. I really try not to. I try never to lie on TV. I just don’t — I don’t like lying. I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever, but to systematically lie like that, without asking yourself, why am I doing this?”

Tucker Carlson stated on November 8, 2022, in election night coverage on Fox News:
“Electronic voting machines didn't allow people to vote” in Maricopa County, Arizona.

Tucker Carlson
stated on June 10, 2022, in in a TV segment:
“Not a single person in the crowd on January 6 was found to be carrying a firearm. Not one.”

Indiana Man Pleads Guilty to Carrying a Gun and ...

Department of Justice (.gov)
https://www.justice.gov › ... › News
Jun 17, 2022 — WASHINGTON – An Indiana man pleaded guilty today to carrying a loaded gun on Capitol grounds and assaulting law enforcement officers during the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Mark Andrew Mazza, 57, of Shelbyville,  Indiana, pleaded guilty in the District of Columbia to assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers with a dangerous weapon and carrying a pistol without a license.

Is Tucker's truthfulness a case of semantics?

Now comes the claim that you can't expect to literally believe the words that come out of Carlson's mouth. And that assertion is not coming from Carlson's critics. It's being made by a federal judge in the Southern District of New York and by Fox News's own lawyers in defending Carlson against accusations of slander. It worked, by the way.

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

Wait.  You said he lied about the Dominion stuff.  Are you acknowledging that you got your facts wrong about that? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: May 02, 2023, 03:09:20 PM »
He pushed the narrative of a stolen election.  Dominion suffered because of the lies of a stolen election that people believed.  He may not have said the word "Dominion", but he fanned the flames with his lies nonstop.

Dominion Voting Systems alleged in its lawsuit that Carlson allowed debunked election-fraud claims about the voting-technology firm to air firm to air on his show.  He gave the liars a soapbox to scream from.

Your facts are wrong.  He did not ever push the Dominion stuff claimed by Sidney Powell.  The Dominion lawsuit had nothing to do with the stolen election claims made on Tucker's show. 

What specific people were allowed to push Dominion lies on Tucker's show? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: May 02, 2023, 03:11:43 PM »
Yes the election was fair and solid.  Mind changing aside, the votes were never changed or stolen or flipped.

I just gave you poll numbers showing it was not "fair and solid" because of the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story.  There were former CIA directors and about 50 other "intelligence officials" who signed a letter lying about the laptop being Russian disinformation, which directly led to Biden winning in 2020.  You can keep plugging your ears and saying "la la la," but the evidence is there.