Author Topic: Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?  (Read 153966 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?
« Reply #1025 on: September 05, 2023, 11:48:48 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1026 on: September 05, 2023, 11:48:40 PM »
Interesting. Didn't some gays sue a baker for refusing to bake them a cake? How did that go? Wonder if the left will jump up and support the police or if they support the right to refuse service now.

You have excellent recall.

Here's how that went as of October 06, 2016. Sweet Cakes by Melissa, bakery that turned away lesbians, closes

Then on January 26, 2022:  The court upheld its original 2017 decision against the couple — Aaron and Melissa Klein, then doing business as Sweetcakes by Melissa — based on a 2015 determination by the Bureau of Labor and Industries that they violated Oregon’s 2007 law barring discrimination based on sexual orientation. The court also overturned its previous approval of $60,000 in noneconomic damages to Laurel Bowman-Cryer and $75,000 to Rachel Bowman-Cryer, both awarded by an administrative law judge in the bureau.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1027 on: September 06, 2023, 01:04:49 PM »

Maher sat by for years and let this play out. Not a peep from him against it, all was well.

He's just in time to be the first to say "I told you so" and stay on TV.

Total POS...but I like him more than Glenn Beck.  ;D

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1028 on: September 06, 2023, 07:42:44 PM »
California School To Pay $100,000 Settlement For Keeping 11-Year-Old's Gender Transition Secret

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/california-school-pay-100000-settlement-keeping-11-year-olds-gender-transition-secret

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1029 on: September 07, 2023, 12:01:04 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1030 on: September 07, 2023, 09:00:04 PM »
"...home sellers in this liberal bastion are four times more likely than the average U.S. home seller to take a loss, as the Bay Area metro reels from an outsized drop in home prices. In fact, according to the report, the typical San Francisco seller who takes a loss sells their home for $100,000 less than they bought it for. And when they do, they have to walk on shit-covered streets, through crowds of homeless, to buy another home one which they pray won't be burgled in the near future because, well, good luck calling cops in San Fran.

Here are the details from Redfin:

Roughly one of every eight (12.3%) homes that sold in San Francisco during the three months ending July 31 was purchased for less than the seller bought it for, up from 5% a year earlier. That’s a higher share than any other major U.S. metro and is quadruple the national rate of 3%."

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/san-fran-officially-americas-worst-city-1-8-home-sellers-lose-money-average-loss-100000

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1031 on: September 08, 2023, 06:07:49 AM »
Vice chair of Minnesota Democrat Party who advocated for dismantling police gets violently beaten and carjacked
American News ^ | 9/7/2023 | Daviscourt
Posted on 9/8/2023, 7:52:13

A far-left Minneapolis activist was the victim of a brutal armed car-jacking that occurred in the driveway of her home on Tuesday evening.

Shivanthi Sathanandan, a radical leftist and second vice chairwoman of the Democratic Farmer Labor party in Minneapolis, who was left bruised and bloodied during the incident, is calling for "accountability" despite her past history of being a notable "defund the police" agitator.

Sathanandan said in a Facebook post that she suffered a broken leg, deep lacerations to her head, and cuts and bruises all over her body when four armed juveniles allegedly beat her to the ground in front of her children and then stole her vehicle in broad daylight, according to KSTP.

(Excerpt) Read more at thepostmillennial.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1032 on: September 08, 2023, 08:41:44 AM »
CA Senate Passes Controversial Law Requiring Parents to Affirm Child's Gender Identity or Face Punishment
By Bob Hoge |  September 06, 2023
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/09/06/ca-senate-passes-controversial-law-requiring-parents-to-affirm-childs-gender-identity-or-face-punishment-n2163512#google_vignette

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1033 on: September 08, 2023, 12:16:02 PM »
CA Senate Passes Controversial Law Requiring Parents to Affirm Child's Gender Identity or Face Punishment
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/09/06/ca-senate-passes-controversial-law-requiring-parents-to-affirm-childs-gender-identity-or-face-punishment-n2163512#google_vignette

Another 500k families will move out of the state over that one. Replaced by illegal non tax payers of course.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #1034 on: September 08, 2023, 12:17:58 PM »

I wonder how many people in CA are aware of these laws and knowingly accept them and how many are simply unaware.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1035 on: September 08, 2023, 02:03:16 PM »
"...home sellers in this liberal bastion are four times more likely than the average U.S. home seller to take a loss, as the Bay Area metro reels from an outsized drop in home prices. In fact, according to the report, the typical San Francisco seller who takes a loss sells their home for $100,000 less than they bought it for. And when they do, they have to walk on shit-covered streets, through crowds of homeless, to buy another home one which they pray won't be burgled in the near future because, well, good luck calling cops in San Fran.

Here are the details from Redfin:

Roughly one of every eight (12.3%) homes that sold in San Francisco during the three months ending July 31 was purchased for less than the seller bought it for, up from 5% a year earlier. That’s a higher share than any other major U.S. metro and is quadruple the national rate of 3%."

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/san-fran-officially-americas-worst-city-1-8-home-sellers-lose-money-average-loss-100000

The San Francisco/Bay area real estate bubble was destined to be one of the first to burst. It is not surprising that folks there are taking a loss on their property. Especially those who either refinanced or purchased property prior to interest rates climbing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1036 on: September 08, 2023, 06:54:41 PM »
I wonder how many people in CA are aware of these laws and knowingly accept them and how many are simply unaware.

Because you often have to go outside the mainstream media to find coverage of stories like this, and the majority of people in California are leftists, I think they are willfully ignorant. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1037 on: September 08, 2023, 07:09:57 PM »
Because you often have to go outside the mainstream media to find coverage of stories like this, and the majority of people in California are leftists, I think they are willfully ignorant.

-Don't know for sure about California liberals/leftist but we liberals in Oregon believe many conservative/rightists are willfully ignorant and the rest of you are just plain ignorant.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1038 on: September 08, 2023, 07:12:55 PM »
-Don't know for sure about California liberals/leftist but we liberals in Oregon believe many conservative/rightists are willfully ignorant and the rest of you are just plain ignorant.

Yeah but you don't know much of anything outside of your bubble, so I take that with a grain of salt. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #1039 on: September 08, 2023, 07:19:44 PM »
Yeah but you don't know much of anything outside of your bubble, so I take that with a grain of salt.

To take something with a "grain of salt" or "pinch of salt" is an English idiom that suggests to view something, specifically claims that may be misleading or unverified, with skepticism or to not interpret something literally.[1]

In the old-fashioned English units of weight, a grain weighs approximately 65 mg, which is about how much table salt a person might pick up between the fingers as a pinch.

Salt is a mineral composed primarily of sodium chloride (NaCl). When used in food, especially at table in ground form in dispensers, it is more formally called table salt. In the form of a natural crystalline mineral, salt is also known as rock salt or halite. Salt is essential for life in general, and saltiness is one of the basic human tastes. Salt is one of the oldest and most ubiquitous food seasonings, and is known to uniformly improve the taste perception of food, including otherwise unpalatable food.[1] Salting, brining, and pickling are also ancient and important methods of food preservation.

Some of the earliest evidence of salt processing dates to around 6000 BC, when people living in the area of present-day Romania boiled spring water to extract salts; a salt works in China dates to approximately the same period. Salt was also prized by the ancient Hebrews, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Hittites, Egyptians, and Indians. Salt became an important article of trade and was transported by boat across the Mediterranean Sea, along specially built salt roads, and across the Sahara on camel caravans. The scarcity and universal need for salt have led nations to go to war over it and use it to raise tax revenues. Salt is used in religious ceremonies and has other cultural and traditional significance.

Salt is processed from salt mines, and by the evaporation of seawater (sea salt) and mineral-rich spring water in shallow pools. The greatest single use for salt (sodium chloride) is as a feedstock for the production of chemicals.[2] It is used to produce caustic soda and chlorine; it is also used in the manufacturing processes of polyvinyl chloride, plastics, paper pulp and many other products. Of the annual global production of around three hundred million tonnes of salt, only a small percentage is used for human consumption. Other uses include water conditioning processes, de-icing highways, and agricultural use. Edible salt is sold in forms such as sea salt and table salt, which latter usually contains an anti-caking agent and may be iodised to prevent iodine deficiency. As well as its use in cooking and at the table, salt is present in many processed foods.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1040 on: September 08, 2023, 07:22:58 PM »

As I expect you would from the vantage point of your bubble.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1041 on: September 08, 2023, 07:25:44 PM »
As I expect you would from the vantage point of your bubble.

Oh the "I know you are but what I am" approach.  You're too old for that. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1042 on: September 08, 2023, 07:26:21 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1043 on: September 08, 2023, 07:56:12 PM »
Says the guy living in the whitest gated community in Oregon. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1044 on: September 10, 2023, 10:55:28 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1045 on: September 10, 2023, 01:20:25 PM »
Says the guy living in the whitest gated community in Oregon. ::)

Because I know you are referencing me, I believe I have made it clear that West Linn is not a gated community. Although there are a few small pockets of ridiculously expensive homes where the entrance streets are gated. Most properties including mine are not. A funny side note is that while their streets are gated, the sidewalks are not. I guess they figure someone who is up to no good isn't going to walk into their community. The West Linn police are very responsive if anything illegal happens.

So, you are almost right, West Linn is indeed one of the 'whitest' communities in the Portland Metro area, which isn't saying much since Oregon is one of the 'whitest' states at 85% white alone.

West Linn demographics 2017-2021
Population - 27,103
White alone, percent 86.0%
Median household income (in 2021 dollars), $124,098
Median value of owner-occupied housing units, 2017-2021 $572,000

A little research revealed that West Linn is not the 'whitest' neighborhood. Dunthorpe, a neighborhood in Portland that is located 6 miles north of us is. It has a population of 1,704 people who are 88.4% white. The median listing home price in Dunthorpe was $2.3M in July 2023. Dunthorpe's median household income is $250,001. Although Dunthorpe is not a gated community, some of the properties are individually gated. People living there rely mostly on private security companies rather then the Portland police.

Seems like you are jealous. If where you live is less white than were I live and you don't like it, move.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1046 on: September 10, 2023, 01:42:55 PM »
Because I know you are referencing me, I believe I have made it clear that West Linn is not a gated community. Although there are a few small pockets of ridiculously expensive homes where the entrance streets are gated. Most properties including mine are not. A funny side note is that while their streets are gated, the sidewalks are not. I guess they figure someone who is up to no good isn't going to walk into their community. The West Linn police are very responsive if anything illegal happens.

So, you are almost right, West Linn is indeed one of the 'whitest' communities in the Portland Metro area, which isn't saying much since Oregon is one of the 'whitest' states at 85% white alone.

West Linn demographics 2017-2021
Population - 27,103
White alone, percent 86.0%
Median household income (in 2021 dollars), $124,098
Median value of owner-occupied housing units, 2017-2021 $572,000

A little research revealed that West Linn is not the 'whitest' neighborhood. Dunthorpe, a neighborhood in Portland that is located 6 miles north of us is. It has a population of 1,704 people who are 88.4% white. The median listing home price in Dunthorpe was $2.3M in July 2023. Dunthorpe's median household income is $250,001. Although Dunthorpe is not a gated community, some of the properties are individually gated. People living there rely mostly on private security companies rather then the Portland police.

Seems like you are jealous. If where you live is less white than were I live and you don't like it, move.

Serious questions

1, Have you ever worked or dealt with large groups of Blacks ?
2, Seen how they act when they out & about in large groups of Blacks
In inner cities?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1047 on: September 10, 2023, 02:59:22 PM »
Serious questions

1, Have you ever worked or dealt with large groups of Blacks ?
2, Seen how they act when they out & about in large groups of Blacks
In inner cities?

1. No. However, in the early ‘70s my wife and I worked as live in house parents at a boy’s group home and a girl’s group home for delinquent black youth. About 20 kids total.

2. No. Although, also during the same time we bought and lived in a house in what was then Portland’s (inner city) black ghetto. Our son attended an almost all black public school. This was during a time when there was significant neighborhood unrest following the ’67 Albina race riots.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1048 on: September 10, 2023, 03:24:06 PM »
1. No. However, in the early ‘70s my wife and I worked as live in house parents at a boy’s group home and a girl’s group home for delinquent black youth. About 20 kids total.

2. No. Although, also during the same time we bought and lived in a house in what was then Portland’s (inner city) black ghetto. Our son attended an almost all black public school. This was during a time when there was significant neighborhood unrest following the ’67 Albina race riots.

Then Go spend some time around such places I said
Especially late at Night - After a good few months of weekends out amongst
Them if you survive come back & post up your experiences & thoughts ,
I think it will make for some interesting insights & reading.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1049 on: September 10, 2023, 05:13:46 PM »

Then Go spend some time around such places I said
Especially late at Night - After a good few months of weekends out amongst
Them if you survive come back & post up your experiences & thoughts ,
I think it will make for some interesting insights & reading.

Not sure what you mean by such places but, I'll pass. I have always been pretty much a homebody, even more so now than ever. As formidable as I may appear, I am an almost 80-year-old man who doesn't run as fast as I once did. :( Besides, I have never been one to court danger. Sorry to deprive you of the interesting and insightful reading you imagine it would provide.