Author Topic: Can you get bigger after 50 if you've "topped out"  (Read 2614 times)

oldfat

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Can you get bigger after 50 if you've "topped out"
« on: May 24, 2022, 03:12:00 AM »
Newb question.  I'm 52. I've been lifting on and off naturally since I was 15.  Naturally bigger build.  Naturally on the stronger side. I'm 6 1. By age 16 I had 16" arms. By age 35 I got to 18.25" arms. Lean mass of 190 pounds by dexxa, incline bench 315x1 (old shoulder injury made flat painful)

By training on and off, I mean that. Sometimes I'd go a couple years training, then maybe a year off etc. Sometimes just 6 months on then a year off.

I was off for about 5 years, got fat and divorced, then 1.5 Years ago, I went low carb and started training.  I got back almost where I was at my peak in only 6 months.... arms near 18, incline  bench 285. Given my age, I decided to do my first cycle.

3 months, had high tolerence, got to test 500, tren 200 mast 200 a week.

At the end, incline press was 315x2, lean mass by dexa at 198. Arms 18.25.

I trained hard after the  cycle, kept the gains, now finishing off 3 months of my second cycle of sust 500, mast 500 weekly and anavar 60 daily. My arms LOOK bigger, but still stuck at 18.25. Inclne bench only up to 315x3. Dexxa shows 196 lean. This time I ate carbs and stayed calorie surplus. Gained 10 pounds of bodyweight (but it was apparantly not lean, as I lost 2 there).

I guess I expected more than pretty well getting  back my best. You read stories of gaining 20 to 30 pounds of muscle....

Have you made significant gains after 50 being somewhat trained before?

What I really want is another 1" on my arms. 

Help?

Thanks

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: Can you get bigger after 50 if you've "topped out"
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 04:59:15 AM »
With drugs anything is possible.

Without drugs many things are impossible.

So, since you are taking drugs you have asked a silly question.

MIOVIT

• Getbig II
Re: Can you get bigger after 50 if you've "topped out"
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 02:01:23 AM »
Like you I'm 52 y/o and started at 14 y/o... 15 years ago I made prep for several contests, and my max weight on stage was 222lbs and off-season 280 lbs but it was a nightmare with high blood pressure and apnea... after 5 years off gym (divorced too) I looked like a fat bastard, well at my age try gaining any weight is not a good idea since already I was a 230 lb fat bastard, the best is to make TRT for life... I posted a vid where I show the changes, of course, the initial pic was not my starting point,  I was even worse but I didn't have the courage to take a pic, the total time around was 6 months... I'm taking 100mg test enanthate every 5 days (test Enanthate 300mg) this is a very small dose in an insulin syringe and I feel great with that...maybe I'll add in a few weeks Pharma Mix 4 Every 1ml  contains:

Testosterone Phenylpropionate 130 mg/ml
Testosterone Decanoate 270 mg/ml
Nandrolone Phenylpropionate 70 mg/ml
Nandrolone Decanoate 130 mg/ml

but following the same dose alternating with the test enanthate, as this Mix 4 is 600mg/ml, the dose in the syringe would be even smaller, which is great

good luck
PS PS. even after a few weeks on TRT and zero sugar diet my hair starting to come back again

check up the vid

Newb question.  I'm 52. I've been lifting on and off naturally since I was 15.  Naturally bigger build.  Naturally on the stronger side. I'm 6 1. By age 16 I had 16" arms. By age 35 I got to 18.25" arms. Lean mass of 190 pounds by dexxa, incline bench 315x1 (old shoulder injury made flat painful)

By training on and off, I mean that. Sometimes I'd go a couple years training, then maybe a year off etc. Sometimes just 6 months on then a year off.

I was off for about 5 years, got fat and divorced, then 1.5 Years ago, I went low carb and started training.  I got back almost where I was at my peak in only 6 months.... arms near 18, incline  bench 285. Given my age, I decided to do my first cycle.

3 months, had high tolerence, got to test 500, tren 200 mast 200 a week.

At the end, incline press was 315x2, lean mass by dexa at 198. Arms 18.25.

I trained hard after the  cycle, kept the gains, now finishing off 3 months of my second cycle of sust 500, mast 500 weekly and anavar 60 daily. My arms LOOK bigger, but still stuck at 18.25. Inclne bench only up to 315x3. Dexxa shows 196 lean. This time I ate carbs and stayed calorie surplus. Gained 10 pounds of bodyweight (but it was apparantly not lean, as I lost 2 there).

I guess I expected more than pretty well getting  back my best. You read stories of gaining 20 to 30 pounds of muscle....

Have you made significant gains after 50 being somewhat trained before?

What I really want is another 1" on my arms. 

Help?

Thanks