Author Topic: Trevor Noah Leaves Daily Show After Ratings Drop Seventy-Five Percent  (Read 2024 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
When Jon Stewart left the Daily Show in 2015, he averaged 1.3 million viewers per night. After seven years of humiliating failure, Stewart’s hand-picked replacement, some guy named Trevor Noah, is slinking off with an average viewership as of last week of 363,000 viewers.

Trevor Noah’s problem was that he has almost no charisma, he isn’t very funny, and his left-wing humor — which is really propaganda with a laugh track

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/09/30/nolte-trevor-noah-slinks-off-daily-show-after-losing-75-of-audience/

I used to watch the Daily Show, but stopped when the show got too political.  I always wondered who watch Trevor Noah, and it turns out almost nobody did.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
Re: Trevor Noah Leaves Daily Show After Ratings Drop Seventy-Five Percent
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 01:09:22 PM »
When Jon Stewart left the Daily Show in 2015, he averaged 1.3 million viewers per night. After seven years of humiliating failure, Stewart’s hand-picked replacement, some guy named Trevor Noah, is slinking off with an average viewership as of last week of 363,000 viewers.

Trevor Noah’s problem was that he has almost no charisma, he isn’t very funny, and his left-wing humor — which is really propaganda with a laugh track

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/09/30/nolte-trevor-noah-slinks-off-daily-show-after-losing-75-of-audience/

I used to watch the Daily Show, but stopped when the show got too political.  I always wondered who watch Trevor Noah, and it turns out almost nobody did.

i don't know a single person with cable, not a single one that watches traditional tv. What are tv ratings supposed to be indicative of? that folks who grew up watching tv aka boomers are dying off?

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 01:10:04 PM »
His only material that I ever saw was from commercials, and it was cringey to put it lightly. And that’s supposed to be comedic highlights. The guy sucks!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 01:20:29 PM »
A smarmy, anti American who only has his job because of his race.
a

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 01:33:25 PM »
Thank god, he is the biggest moron. Hasn’t had one funny joke so don’t know how he’s a comedian and his entire routine is based on trump.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 01:35:49 PM »

The Daily Show is Jon Stewarts brainchild.   No matter who comes next , they are practically working uphill.  The same thing happenned to Conan O Brian when he took over The Tonight Show and even to Jay Leno at one point because neither one of them were Johnny Carson.

No matter who they pick, the rating are going to be stagnant
A

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 01:38:36 PM »
His only material that I ever saw was from commercials, and it was cringey to put it lightly. And that’s supposed to be comedic highlights. The guy sucks!

Same here.

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 01:46:59 PM »

The Daily Show is Jon Stewarts brainchild.   No matter who comes next , they are practically working uphill.  The same thing happenned to Conan O Brian when he took over The Tonight Show and even to Jay Leno at one point because neither one of them were Johnny Carson.

No matter who they pick, the rating are going to be stagnant

who's brainchild

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 02:06:47 PM »
Pleased this arrogent knobhead is getting punched in the face by reality. He killed a hugely popular program with his smarmy brand of vanity-ridden virtue signalling.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2022, 02:09:49 PM »
I am surprised he lasted that long. Never found him funny.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2022, 02:43:42 PM »
Trevor Noah bitched about white racism but moved out of South Africa because of violence..

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2022, 02:56:13 PM »
i don't know a single person with cable, not a single one that watches traditional tv. What are tv ratings supposed to be indicative of? that folks who grew up watching tv aka boomers are dying off?

When I grew up we had a black and white TV and got four channels and rabbit ear antennas.  There was no remote, so you changed the channel by turning a big knob.  I enjoyed that television more than I do Netflix today on a 32 inch flat screen color television.   I haven't had cable for a while, I just watch Netflix.

I think what you mention is part of the problem for Trevor Noah.  His audience is a young demographic.  Most young people stopped paying for cable long ago.  I'm not even sure what they've moved onto.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2022, 03:17:39 PM »

I don't know anyone with cable either. I have Netflix and just surf the net. I guess TikTok views will matter more than Nielson ratings? Not sure how else they'll gauge viewership.

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2022, 03:19:54 PM »
I don't know anyone with cable either. I have Netflix and just surf the net. I guess TikTok views will matter more than Nielson ratings? Not sure how else they'll gauge viewership.
ad revenue

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2022, 04:34:08 PM »
Can't stand him.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2022, 04:42:14 PM »

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2022, 05:00:35 PM »
You tubers are more popular than these tv personalities now

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2022, 07:08:34 PM »

Many YouTuber's have over 300,000 subscribers, so they can easily have a video with more views than the Daily show.  The whole entertainment industry needs to be turned on it's head.  I'm sure the camera equipment to produce a show or movie has gone down in cost enough for small production companies to afford.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2022, 07:16:19 PM »
Hope this tool dies really soon, a slow painful death would make my day

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2022, 07:25:51 PM »
Wonder if trevor has actualy tried to do something with other than his mouth
A

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2022, 07:34:19 PM »
Hope this tool dies really soon, a slow painful death would be make my day

Well said and I am in total agreement as he is a pox on Civilization. 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2022, 08:16:29 PM »

I don’t know anyone who would waste their time complaining about someone complaining.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2022, 10:07:32 PM »
Fortress has cable.

This Chocolate fella with what looks to be a fern on top of his head is just itching to be beaten to death.

Hope he falls down some stairs and has his head spun the wrong way, The Exorcist-style.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2022, 01:12:44 AM »

Probably right. Old folks still have cable, and I cant picture them watching this ferny-headed feller.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2022, 01:27:45 AM »
It shows how true talent can get an audience without shelling out millions.