Author Topic: YOU CALL YOURSELF A BODYBUILDER?  (Read 8016 times)

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
Re: YOU CALL YOURSELF A BODYBUILDER?
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 08:47:18 PM »
Whats your point?

yo chick wat is ur opinion on frank sepe's statement: "if u can't see your top 4 abs YOU ARE NOT A BODYBUILDER. You are a fat guy that lifts weights"

i agree with it. he made it years ago in musclemag in response to a fan question.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 09:03:58 PM »
I generally agree, except that using the term "bodybuilder" for anyone who lifs weights is ludicrious....

There are different types of bodybuilders...pro's, amateurs, people who "bodybuild", etc....

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 09:06:30 PM »
Nope.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
I generally agree, except that using the term "bodybuilder" for anyone who lifs weights is ludicrious....

There are different types of bodybuilders...pro's, amateurs, people who "bodybuild", etc....

cool thanks for answering man.

also love ur statement: "sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft" haha.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 10:21:02 PM »
no shiftedshapes thread is complete w/o

in your face, 100 pound dumbbell curls.

Yes you know how to make me smile.  Please my birthday is approaching, somebody please find me a Bully pup to adopt.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 10:22:25 PM »
Yes. I introduce myself as Alexander the Great Champion Bodybuilder.

oh boy, if only this were true.  I can't even imagine the reactions that you would get.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 10:24:56 PM »
Im embarrased to say im a bodybuilder because im too small  :-\

I basically agree with you here, shirted and unpumped I just look thin.  I imagine the same is true for you.

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 10:53:01 AM »
The bodybuilders I know are usually very positive people.
On this board everybody seems to be very negative about anything.
That might add to the negativity towards bodybuilding.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 11:02:53 AM »

Oh brother.......I bet you watch Dr. Phil......
HAHA, RON.....

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 11:06:10 AM »
Oh brother.......I bet you watch Dr. Phil......

Why you say that? Are you going to be on an upcomming episode?

"Milos stole my thunder"
just push some weight!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2007, 11:06:51 AM »

BB is full of Nazi Nuggas.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2007, 11:10:33 AM »
BB is full of Nazi Nuggas.

Show the Milos one..

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2007, 11:15:52 AM »
I basically agree with you here, shirted and unpumped I just look thin.  I imagine the same is true for you.

I look wide in a shirt and my back is really thick but thats about it. You can tell im in shape but i still look like a wieney

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2007, 11:20:57 AM »
I look wide in a shirt and my back is really thick but thats about it. You can tell im in shape but i still look like a wieney

...but you still have a cat as an avatar
I love me some me!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »
...but you still have a cat as an avatar

and he be serious.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2007, 11:42:19 AM »

This topic has been abused in the past.  It'll eventually come down to competitive and noncompetitive bbs.   Competitors only believe you're a "bb" if you compete.   Noncompetitors who still weight train, diet, supplement, use, etc...feel differently.    Personally, I think it comes down to lookin the part, but I've met some huge cornfed motherfvckers that are built like tanks, never diet and could be mistaken for bbs.   Who's right?   Eh, who cares?

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2007, 12:50:28 PM »

STOP BEING SO HUMBLE. YOU LOOK GREAT. RIPPED TO THE BONE
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2007, 01:19:42 PM »
I usually say I "bodybuild" or I "Train like a bodybuilder" and follow up with "I hope to compete in blah blah blah years" or "by the time I am 25yrs old".

BTW I also explain I want to compete naturally for my first time and decide after I compete whether or not I want to try out steroids.
I

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2007, 01:24:20 PM »
I usually say I "bodybuild" or I "Train like a bodybuilder" and follow up with "I hope to compete with blah blah blah years" or "by the time I am 25yrs old".

Dont u hate these guys (in this case a friend i know) they sign up randomly for gym memberships once a year or watever, they act like 'know-it-alls' they dont know shit, they act like they have monster genetics. ask for ur advice but then act like they are better.

its like get real dude, ur not a bodybuilder, ur an asshole that wants bigger arms for the summer.

JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2007, 01:36:10 PM »
Dont u hate these guys (in this case a friend i know) they sign up randomly for gym memberships once a year or watever, they act like 'know-it-alls' they dont know shit, they act like they have monster genetics. ask for ur advice but then act like they are better.

its like get real dude, ur not a bodybuilder, ur an asshole that wants bigger arms for the summer.

I havn't run into too many people like that, I work at a small gym.
I

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2007, 02:05:26 PM »

I havn't run into too many people like that, I work at a small gym.

i didnt even run into this guy at the gym lol. i hadnt seen him in ages, and then he starts talking bout he's rejoining the gym, then how he is competetive and no matter what he will eventually outlift me and get bigger than me and also this rubbish about his genetics.

after this final insult, i said well let me show u my calves so u get an idea about muscle. and he tried to diss me before seeing them, i showed them, he dissed them and said man mine are bigger. then i force him to show his (he refused) and they had nothing and i said he needs a reality check.

then he changes the topic saying: yeah your calves are big but what can they do? how practical are they? do they have any use? arnold schwarzenegger might be big but is he athletic.

i said dont change the topic, im into bodybuilding, we were talking about muscle growth.

all this rubbish, and he is the one who asked me for advice.

call me cynical but i think i had a right to put him in his place and then show he is an idiot!
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2007, 04:13:03 PM »
i didnt even run into this guy at the gym lol. i hadnt seen him in ages, and then he starts talking bout he's rejoining the gym, then how he is competetive and no matter what he will eventually outlift me and get bigger than me and also this rubbish about his genetics.

after this final insult, i said well let me show u my calves so u get an idea about muscle. and he tried to diss me before seeing them, i showed them, he dissed them and said man mine are bigger. then i force him to show his (he refused) and they had nothing and i said he needs a reality check.

then he changes the topic saying: yeah your calves are big but what can they do? how practical are they? do they have any use? arnold schwarzenegger might be big but is he athletic.

i said dont change the topic, im into bodybuilding, we were talking about muscle growth.

call me cynical but i think i had a right to put him in his place and then show he is an idiot!

Sounds like he was a complete douche bag to me. I would have just stripped down and started posing ;D
I

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2007, 04:17:23 PM »

Convince them to work chest with you.. Load up the bar and don't spot 'em and viola!  ;D Like 3 plates to crush the fucks. They always do it with 2 spotters, so just unrack the weight for them and let it drop and walk away.

Okay, that's not practical, but don't you wish you could do that sometime to annoying, small and know it all assholes?

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2007, 05:41:25 PM »
No, because bodybuilder usually equals steroid abuser, sadly enough.  When the roid topic comes up though, I usually rip on users and carry on about how most people can't do much naturally, like myself..hahah
The Broken Record formerly known as the Croatch
N