Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 983031 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #3600 on: December 02, 2017, 12:37:32 AM »
http://www.kvue.com/news/investigations/defenders/what-we-know-about-the-off-duty-austin-detective-who-shot-down-road-rage-suspect/496179486

One of my former co workers managed to do something good..

Good Man.
Likely saved a victim of 2
And didn't Kill the shooter - though had he died the cop would still
Of been a good cop doing the right thing.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #3601 on: December 02, 2017, 01:06:13 AM »
Baltimore is a complete cesspool

Indeed. This is worse than Serpico.

Officials: Indicted ex-Baltimore cop set up slain officer to find drugs in 2010

BALTIMORE — An indicted member of a disbanded Baltimore police unit allegedly duped a fellow officer into discovering a cache of heroin he planted in a car during a 2010 arrest, authorities alleged in a new indictment announced Thursday.

Police Commissioner Kevin Davis later identified the betrayed officer — dubbed "Officer No. 1" in the indictment — as Detective Sean Suiter, who was fatally shot in the head with his own gun just over two weeks ago while probing a triple homicide in a particularly rough West Baltimore neighborhood. He was killed the day before he was set to testify in an ongoing probe of the specialized gun recovery unit.

During a Thursday press conference, Davis told reporters that, back in 2010, Suiter was "set up" by indicted former officer Wayne Earl Jenkins to discover planted narcotics. He said Suiter was "not involved in any way, shape or form" in the deception.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/officials-indicted-ex-baltimore-cop-set-up-slain-officer-to-find-drugs-in-2010/

Here are the faces of the scumbags:

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3602 on: December 02, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »
I tend to only read nonfiction books.
That I would dare say is a book I'd enjoy reading
& No doubt give me knowledge & insight.

When I first started reading it, he kind of pissed me off. Some of the conclusions he came to I felt was not accurate. He is not pro or anti police as far as I could tell. But he was writing from a different perspective. As I got further in the book I came to realize his overall view was probably accurate, it was a view I hadn't considered for a good 15 years of being in law enforcement. I submitted the book to the committee that selects books for promotional testing with the suggestion this book be included at the Detective level (our lowest testing rank) because it was that valuable to young officers in opening their eyes to the very real danger of the corruption of the noble cause

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3603 on: December 02, 2017, 02:28:55 PM »
District Attorney charged with felony perjury, official misconduct

TROY — Rensselaer County District Attorney Joel E. Abelove was charged with felony perjury and two misdemeanor counts of official misconduct on Friday following a grand jury investigation into his controversial handling of the fatal police shooting of a DWI suspect.

The extraordinary prosecution of Abelove is the culmination of a year-long investigation by the office of Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.
The indictment unsealed Friday charges Abelove with withholding evidence from the grand jury that investigated the fatal shooting. The Times Union reported last year that Abelove did not subpoena two civilian witnesses who were at the scene of the shooting and told investigators they did not believe the officer was in imminent danger when he opened fire on the motorist.

The second misconduct count accuses Abelove of unlawfully allowing the officer who fired the fatal shots to testify with immunity from prosecution when he appeared before the grand jury that cleared him. The perjury charge alleges that Abelove lied in front a special grand jury investigating his conduct when he testified that another Troy police officer was given immunity when that officer testified in front of a grand jury in an unrelated fatal police shooting.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Watch-live-Abelove-expected-in-court-at-1-p-m-12398227.php

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3604 on: December 02, 2017, 07:52:12 PM »
When I first started reading it, he kind of pissed me off. Some of the conclusions he came to I felt was not accurate. He is not pro or anti police as far as I could tell. But he was writing from a different perspective. As I got further in the book I came to realize his overall view was probably accurate, it was a view I hadn't considered for a good 15 years of being in law enforcement. I submitted the book to the committee that selects books for promotional testing with the suggestion this book be included at the Detective level (our lowest testing rank) because it was that valuable to young officers in opening their eyes to the very real danger of the corruption of the noble cause

It does sound a interesting read
I will look for 2nd hand copy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3606 on: December 04, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »
A man is shot in the face by cops and each and every camera just happened to malfunction..

Sheriff Shoots Unarmed Man in the Face With a Shotgun, All 7 Dashcams ‘Malfunction’

Baxley, GA — Police work has long been a cat and mouse game, but for one Georgia man, his decision to run from the police on his motorcycle quickly turned into a fight for his life. It all began when police attempted to pull 23-year-old Mathew Jared Schantz over for driving without a license plate.

The chase ended at a roadblock on Hwy. 341 when then Appling Co. Sheriff “Mr. Benny” Deloach (below) shot Schantz in the face with 12-gauge buckshot.

In an exclusive interview, Schantz told The Free Thought Project that while he now regrets running from police, when the encounter occurred on June 17, 2016, he had just bought the bike and “didn’t want to be hassled” because he did not have a license plate.

He took off quickly to get away from pursuing officers, and thought he had lost them—but they quickly tailed him. Schantz said he lost them again, but the chase continued for quite some time. In a written statement he told TFTP:

“It was roughly 30 miles but I wasn’t actively being pursued the whole time. I lightly ran for about 2 miles then tried to slow down (thinking they quit chasing me) but took off when I noticed they were still chasing. Lost them. Then came up on a road block about 25 miles down the road.”

High-speed police chases can be deadly, especially for motorcyclists. Giving chase can be equally deadly for police officers and innocent bystanders as well. The number one killer of police officers while on duty is car accidents—not shootings, as many believe. According to the Times-Herald:
“In the State of Georgia, approximately 585 people have been killed in high-speed chases since 1979, the report indicated. Of that total, 342 were fleeing drivers, 239 were non-violators and four were law enforcement employees.”

Schantz said he knew police officers in Appling County were not supposed to give chase, as he said it is against their official police policy. But, nevertheless, they followed him, even though he was only a suspect in the victim-less crime of driving without a license plate.

Even though Schantz said he believed the officers were not supposed to give chase, they did, and when they finally got him to stop at a roadblock, Sheriff Deloach shot him in the face with buckshot.
“They violated their own no-chase policy by pursuing me. They set up a road block. When I stopped, they shot me in the face with a shotgun. (12 gauge buckshot, not a beanbag).”

Schantz said after they realized the Sheriff may have committed a possible attempted murder, all of the deputies erased their dash camera footage. He said the proof is found in the Georgia State Bureau of Investigations’ own report. He also doubts the deputies’ contention that each and every one of their cameras only malfunctioned on the video which would have shown the sheriff shooting an unarmed man in the face.

“Per the GBI report, 7 cars had running dash cams. EVERY single one stated their cams ‘malfunctioned.’ The truck that would have captured the shooting on video was supposed to have 8 segments of video but only 7 were recovered. They have before the shooting and after. They deleted the video of the shooting.”

The young man, who admits he made a mistake when he ran, says the FBI has now taken over the investigation after the GBI predictably failed to recommend charges be filed against Sheriff Deloach. He also says police stole his iPhone and his Apple Watch.

“They kept my Apple Watch & iPhone out of fear that I was recording. (they said they lost my property).”

Schantz contends the police were criminal in their behavior—first in attempting to murder him, and second in stealing evidence related to the crime. He is now suing. When asked how difficult his recovery was he said:
“Pretty rough to be honest. I developed severe post traumatic stress disorder. My jaw had to be reconstructed. (I had) 3 teeth implanted. Plus I still have 3 pellets in me.”

The young man said he was unarmed, had no warrants for his arrest, and believes Sheriff Deloach abused his badge when he attempted to kill him for fleeing from the officers. Adding insult to serious injuries, Schantz was charged with felony eluding, posted $17,000  bail, and is due in court on December 5.

After getting shot in the face, Schantz crashed his motorcycle and was airlifted to a hospital. He said his recovery has been difficult but now he has recovered enough to hold his assailant accountable. Unfortunately, the sheriff won’t see any repercussions unless the FBI sees the cover-up.

“I certainly realize I shouldn’t have ran. It was stupid. My problem is them shooting me for running away. Then covering it up by lying and deleting videos.”

Sheriff Benny left office in January after serving Baxley for 20 years—the maximum number of years under Georgia state law that a sheriff can hold the position. It is highly unlikely such a popular sheriff will ever see a day behind bars for shooting Schantz in the face, but at least the record will show—if the young man’s allegations are proven true in a court of law—he nearly killed a kid for running from Johnny Law.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sheriff-shoots-unarmed-man-face/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3607 on: December 04, 2017, 04:28:03 PM »
GBI investigates officer involved shooting in Wayne
Posted by Staff Writer in Headlines, News
Wednesday, June 22. 2016
Comments (0)
On Friday, June 17, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) was requested by the Appling County Sheriff’s Office to investigate an officer involved shooting that occurred on Hwy 341, just inside Wayne County at the Appling County line.

At approximately 2:05 p.m., Appling County Deputies were in pursuit of a motorcycle driven by Mathew Jared Schantz, 23, of Perry, for a traffic violation. Schantz was pursued, traveling at a high rate of speed into Wayne County, at which point Wayne County authorities and a Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Ranger took over the chase. Schantz continued to evade authorities and began traveling back in the direction of Appling County. While traveling on U.S. Highway 341, Appling County Sheriff Benny Deloach encountered Schantz who was speeding toward him and discharged his weapon striking Schantz. As a result, Schantz crashed the motorcycle. Schantz was air lifted to an area hospital where he is in stable condition.

The GBI will conduct an independent investigation to determine what occurred during the incident. When the investigation is complete, it will be turned over to the District Attorney’s Office for review.

Don't have a lot of sympathy for the dude, but if the investigation reveals officers did in fact erase video then heads should roll. The 23 year old already had a record for Statutory rape, a prior Reckless driving, no DL and possession to distribute marijuana. He also had a prior Evading so it really wasn't that he didn't want the hassle, he made a habit of doing it. as far as being unarmed.. a 500 lbs motorcycle coming towards you and not stopping could certainly be argued to be a deadly weapon same as a vehicle. He played the game, it didn't end well. Having said all that, if the FBI determines that they did erase tapes then tampering with evidence and a few other charges should be brought on those officers. The article for some reason didn't supply a link to the report they reference so I have no way of knowing.   

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3608 on: December 05, 2017, 01:50:08 PM »
What the hell is going on in Baltimore? How long has this criminal organization been running?

Cops Praised for Confiscating Guns, Busted Robbing Innocent Citizens of Cash and Guns

Several of the police officers who were once praised for protecting citizens by “getting guns off of the streets” in Baltimore are now facing federal charges after it was revealed they were stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and firearms from innocent citizens.

Baltimore’s Gun Trace Task Force was once considered an elite group of officers who raided homes across the city, in search of illegal firearms. Now, Sgt. Thomas Allers has become the ninth officer to face charges in relation to his work with the group.

Allers was the supervisor of the task force, and he is charged with stealing more than $100,000 during a three-year period. He is expected to plead guilty to one count of racketeering, according to a report from the Baltimore Sun.

While Allers is facing charges of racketeering conspiracy and robbery, the other seven members of the task force are facing charges of robbery, filing false paperwork and overtime fraud. Allers would be the fifth officer to plead guilty, and as the report noted, none of the officers who have pleaded guilty have been sentenced and “at least two are cooperating with authorities against their former colleagues.”

Allers is accused of participating in nine robberies between 2014 and 2016. Although he is not a police officer and has not been charged, Allers’ adult son was mentioned in the indictment as having helped his father and two other detectives steal $66,000 during a raid.

The Drug Enforcement Administration began investigating the task force after Detective Momodu Gondo was caught on a wiretap discussing drug trafficking with a drug dealer who was being investigated. Gondo has since pleaded guilty and is now “cooperating with authorities,” and disclosing details to the FBI about the members involved in the illegal activities. It was tips from Gondo and other officers that led the FBI to investigate Allers.

The stories of the damage caused by Baltimore’s Gun Trace Task Force are chilling. In one case reported by WBAL-TV, Allers stole more than $10,000 in cash from a house during a raid. The man who owned the money was preparing to repay a drug debt, and when he could not deliver after police stole his money, he was shot and killed.

Another report from the Baltimore Sun described a classic raid in which the officers went from pursuing a suspect to stealing any cash or drugs they could find:

“In a typical example, an alleged robbery in August 2016, federal prosecutors say Clewell, Jenkins and Hersl conducted surveillance of a suspect leaving a storage facility. The three officers pursued the suspect and arrested him, then brought him back to the storage facility.

Prosecutors accuse Hersl and Jenkins of taking at least $7,000 from the man’s vehicle, but do not mention Clewell in the alleged theft. Prosecutors say Clewell left the scene to prepare a search warrant, and accuse Jenkins of stealing two kilograms of cocaine while he was gone.”

As The Free Thought Project reported, the Baltimore Police Department has come under fire in recent months after Body Camera footage was made public that showed an officer planting drugs on an innocent man while his fellow officers watched, and a group of officers working together to manufacture evidence.

The Baltimore state’s attorney announced on Monday that out of the 277 cases the Gun Trace Task Force officers were involved in, 125 of the cases have been dropped and 71 are still under review. Sgt. Thomas Allers is expected to plead guilty when he appears in court on Wednesday.

Given these revelations about such a large group of corrupt and thieving cops within the Baltimore police department the idea that Sean Suiter who was shot with his own gun the day before he was set to testify against corrupt cops within his own department becomes that much more ominous.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-praised-confiscating-guns-busted-robbing-innocent-citizens-cash-guns/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3609 on: December 05, 2017, 05:22:48 PM »
The "experienced" "professionals" who are "trained" with firearms, unlike the citizens plebs... 55 rounds fired, none hit the woman, but they struck a nearby police car 28 times... Interesting that the cops claimed they only fired after the woman shot at them, despite the fact that no weapons were found in the car and the cops later claimed that this description was not "specifically accurate"... Maybe that's cop-speak for "we lied".

New Details Emerge From Bizarre Police Shooting

After about 15 minutes, believing Johnson had pointed a gun at them, officers unleashed a volley of shots into her car.

When nothing happened after the first round of shots, officers continued shouting commands at Johnson to get out of the car.

When they again thought they saw a gun, more shots were fired into her car.

“Those deputies and troopers showed a lot of restraint in not causing a further confrontation,” said Walcher.

In about 30 minutes, from approximately 75 feet away, deputies and troopers fired 55 rounds at Johnson’s car from AR-15 rifles, .40 caliber pistols, and a shotgun. Not a single round hit her.

[...]

Although no weapons were found in her car, a Colorado State Patrol spokesperson apparently told multiple media outlets the next morning that officers only fired at Johnson after she shot at them. CSP Chief Scott Hernandez now acknowledges that was not true. “Unfortunately sometimes things are said that’s not specifically accurate”, said Hernandez. “I don’t think it was intentional to go out that way”. He said somehow incorrect information about Johnson being armed was repeated and shared with law enforcement and the public. “As we know the facts now, that’s not the case.”

Photos of the crime scene obtained by CBS4 also show that in the bursts of gunfire, an Arapahoe County deputy accidentally shot up a state patrol cruiser. Reports suggest the patrol vehicle was struck 28 times. The deputy was standing immediately behind the car but was apparently unaware that many of his shots intended for Johnson were actually hitting the patrol car. Arapahoe County Sheriff Dave Walcher said,”With all the distractions and lights I don’t think our deputy realized he was hitting the top of the car”. He said his department is doing additional training to address the misfires.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/11/29/new-details-bizarre-shooting/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3610 on: December 05, 2017, 05:52:31 PM »
The "experienced" "professionals" who are "trained" with firearms, unlike the citizens plebs... 55 rounds fired, none hit the woman, but they struck a nearby police car 28 times... Interesting that the cops claimed they only fired after the woman shot at them, despite the fact that no weapons were found in the car and the cops later claimed that this description was not "specifically accurate"... Maybe that's cop-speak for "we lied".

New Details Emerge From Bizarre Police Shooting

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/11/29/new-details-bizarre-shooting/

They probably get an award.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3611 on: December 07, 2017, 12:44:35 PM »
Should've been executed.

Experts say that without a video of the shooting, the former officer probably would not have been fired from the force nor have faced murder charges.

How many cases are there where there is no video or the cameras "just happen" to malfunction and the cops get away with abuse or murder?

Ex-policeman Michael Slager jailed for shooting Walter Scott

A former South Carolina police officer has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for fatally shooting an unarmed African-American motorist. Michael Slager committed second-degree murder when he shot Walter Scott, 50, in the back as he fled arrest after a traffic stop, a judge ruled.
"I forgive you," relatives of Scott told Slager, 36, in court, as they spoke about the death's impact on them.
A bystander recorded mobile phone video of the April 2015 shooting. Experts say that without a video of the shooting, the former officer probably would not have been fired from the force nor have faced murder charges.

Judge David Norton told the court that Slager, who is white, had "lived a spotless life" before the shooting. "Regardless, this is a tragedy that shouldn't have happened," he added.
Lawyers for Slager had argued in court that he opened fire on Scott because he thought he had taken his police-issued stun gun during their scuffle. The case ended in a mistrial in 2016, and rather than face another jury, the former North Charleston officer pleaded guilty in May to a federal charge of violating the victim's civil rights. In Thursday's sentencing, the judge ruled that Slager had acted with malice and "willful intent to provide false testimony". The judge also had the option of sentencing him for a lesser crime of voluntary manslaughter, which would have carried a sentence of 12 to 15 years.

The dead man's mother, Judy Scott, told Slager in court on Thursday that she forgave him. She said she hoped he would repent and allow Jesus into his heart.
Scott's brother, Anthony, said it had taken him a long time to overcome his depression and forgive Slager. "I'm not angry at you, Michael," he told Slager. "I pray for you."
Members of the family thanked onlooker Feidin Santana for filming the encounter. The City of North Charleston paid a $6.5m (£4.8m) settlement to the Scotts. Slager told the court on Thursday: "I wish this never would have happened. "I wish I could go back and change events, but I can't and I am very sorry for that."

Slager chased Scott after pulling him over for a broken brake light. Scott, who was wanted for unpaid child support, fled the vehicle, police dashcam footage shows.

A bystander's video captured Scott breaking free from Slager's grasp and running directly away from him, with his back to the officer. Slager draws his pistol and fires from about 15ft (4.5m) away, hitting Scott five times.
The death took place amid US media scrutiny of police treatment of African Americans, and provoked protests by the Black Lives Matter movement. US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement: "Officers who violate anyone's rights also violate their oaths of honour. "And they tarnish the names of the vast majority of officers, who do incredible work."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42259256

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3612 on: December 07, 2017, 02:05:05 PM »
State board concedes it violated free speech rights of red-light camera critic

A state panel violated a Beaverton man's free speech rights by claiming he had unlawfully used the title "engineer'' and by fining him when he repeatedly challenged Oregon's traffic-signal timing before local media and policymakers, Oregon's attorney general has ruled.

Oregon's Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying unconstitutionally applied state law governing engineering practice to Mats Järlström when he exercised his free speech about traffic lights and described himself as an engineer since he was doing so "in a noncommercial'' setting and not soliciting professional business, the state Department of Justice has conceded.

[..]

Jarlstrom has a bachelor of science degree in engineering and has repeatedly challenged the state's timing of yellow traffic lights as too short. The state board had fined him $500 for "unlicensed practice of engineering.'' Järlström identified himself as an engineer in emails he sent to city officials and the Washington County sheriff challenging the traffic light signal timing.

Järlström's interest in the matter stemmed from a red-light-running ticket that his wife received in the mail in 2013. Since then, Järlström has conducted his own studies, presented his findings to local media and "60 Minutes" and even to the annual meeting last summer of the Institute of Transportation Engineers.

Read more at: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/12/state_board_concedes_it_violat.html

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3613 on: December 07, 2017, 04:35:18 PM »
Arizona Cop Killed Man with AR-15 Rifle Inscribed with the Words “You’re Fucked” as Man Pleaded for His Life

Daniel Shaver may have had a few drinks in him when he was ordered out of his Arizona hotel room at gunpoint by a group of six screaming police officers last January.

The Mesa police officers were barking all kinds of orders; each one with a different demand, telling him to get down on his hands and knees and crawl towards them, to place his hands over his head, to sit on the floor and cross his legs in front of him.

The traveling businessman was trying to comply, but he was confused by their contradictory demands. The fact that he had been drinking with friends that evening did not help.

“Please don’t shoot me,” Shaver reportedly pleaded as he lifted his hands up, then down again.

But then one cop did, shooting him five times with an AR-15 rifle inscribed with the  words “You’re Fucked.”

It was Philip “Mitch” Braisford’s personal gun, which he had personally inscribed, and it offered a glimpse into his personality.

Naturally, the 25-year-old Mesa police officer claimed he was in fear for his life, which was enough for internal affairs to find no wrongdoing on his part; the same investigative unit where his father had recently retired from as a lieutenant after working 19 years in the department.

But the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office charged him with second-degree murder several weeks later after reviewing footage from his body cam, a decision that left him “stunned” and “shocked,” especially considering the charge carries a minimum sentence of ten years in prison.

However, now he is being offered a plea deal of negligent homicide, which carries a minimum sentence of probation, a judicial “get out of jail, free” card that he would be stupid not to accept, according to Shaver’s wife, Laney Sweet, who is posting information on a Facebook page she created in support of her husband.

Braisford, who has not spent a minute in jail, has until May 16 to decide whether to accept the deal offered to him on Tuesday, said Sweet, who is already sensing that he will never spend a day in jail.

Especially considering he has not spent a minute in jail since he was charged with second-degree murder, the judge apparently believing his lawyer who said that he “honorably served his community as a Mesa police officer.”

But now the department is taking the steps to terminate him, not over the shooting, but because he had inscribed the profane phrase on his personal gun, which he was allowed to use over any department-issued gun.

Meanwhile, Shaver’s wife has already filed a $35 million wrongful death lawsuit.

And the body cam footage of Shaver’s killing has already been viewed by her attorney, even though it has not been released to the public.

Sweet posted the following on the Facebook page:

I was told Daniel’s hand never even touched his side or waistband. They said that while he was up on his knees with his hands above his head that he went to all four and it appeared that he could have lost balance. His right arm brushed beside his body. The officer shot him five times and Daniel fell forward and died instantly. Daniel had a few drinks with the two guests he was eating pizza with in his room, who were co-workers there for a conference.

Shaver was 26 and lived in Texas with his wife and children. He worked in pest control and was traveling for business with two pellet guns he routinely traveled with for his job.

He had dinner and drinks with a man and a woman and invited them back to his La Quinta hotel room on the fifth floor. At one point, he was showing them the pellet guns.

Meanwhile, two people sitting by the pool looked up and saw a man pointing a gun out the window, so they became alarmed and called police.

The two pellet guns were found inside his room after he had been killed outside his room.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/03/17/arizona-cop-killed-man-with-ar-15-rifle-inscribed-with-the-words-youre-fucked-as-man-pleaded-for-his-life/

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2016/03/16/report-man-fatally-shot-mesa-officer-may-have-been-drunk-and-confused-police-commands/81879134/

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/mesa-ariz-officer-heads-to-court-for-murder-of-n-texas-man/82912536

Remember this disgusting case?

What a travesty..

Former Mesa Officer Philip Brailsford found not guilty of murder in shooting of unarmed man

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa-breaking/2017/12/07/philip-brailsford-verdict-daniel-shaver-killing/927052001/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3614 on: December 07, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »
Will these cops along with the "drug recognition expert" be imprisoned, lose their jobs and their vehicles and a substantial amount of their money? Rhetorical question.

Innocent, Sober Man Jailed for 5 Months Because Negligent Cops Thought He Was Drunk

Macungie Township, PA — Imagine being imprisoned for being completely innocent and one hundred percent free of drugs and alcohol in one’s system. While there are many who may be tempted to think it could never happen to them, to Wilfredo Ramos Jr., the possibility quickly became a reality. Ramos was arrested and spent five months behind bars for being completely sober.

Problems with law enforcement agents started for Ramos when he was stopped by Pennsylvania State Highway Trooper Justin M. Summa and Kevin Vanfleet on June 16, 2014. He was on his way to visit his mother when he was pulled over near Schantz Road in Upper Macungie Township.

Summa believed he smelled alcohol on Ramos’ breath. But when he conducted a field sobriety test and administered a breathalyzer test, the results were immediately clear. Ramos was stone-cold sober. Not only did he blow .00 on the breath test, but his balance and coordination were without question.

Still, the troopers insisted Ramos was under the influence of some substance. He arrested the motorist from New York, contending, “Oh you are from New York…You must have guns or drugs? We know you have drugs, just tell us where they are.” Even after an exhaustive search of the vehicle turned up no drugs, alcohol, or guns, the man was still taken into custody. This time, Summa believed if he could do a blood test, the man’s blood would surely convict him of driving under the influence.

A drug recognition expert (DRE) was called in to evaluate Ramos. As TFTP has previously reported, the fake title is given to officers to further enable them to violate motorists’ rights by placing more value and weight into the title than the breathalyzer tests, field sobriety tests, and blood tests can demonstrate. In other words, a DRE has more power to convict someone than science does.

Based on the DRE’s reported evaluation, who concluded the suspect was probably on “depressants,” Lehigh County Magisterial District Judge David M. Howells, Jr. set bail at $10,000, Ramos had his blood drawn, and then he waited in his jail cell for eleven days while the results of the drug test were being processed. Predictably, the drug tests came back negative for any drugs or alcohol.

However, Trooper Summa insisted the samples be re-tested. As a result, Ramos was not free to leave. Instead, he was transferred to the Lehigh County prison where he remained for another 147 days.

While in prison, because he could not work, Ramos lost his apartment as well as all of his belongings including his vehicle which was impounded at the time of his arrest. Because he could not retrieve his vehicle, it was confiscated and sold at auction. The proceeds of such sales usually go to the police department which made the arrest.

Adding insult to injury, the false imprisonment also led to the man losing his job because he failed to report to work. Even after an exhaustive attempt by police to extort Ramos for bail money, a failed attempt to find him in possession of drugs or alcohol, and a tortuous ordeal being locked up in prison, Ramos was finally released.

On November 12, 2014, Judge James T. Anthony found Ramos not guilty of DUI and ordered his release. But instead of immediately returning home to NY, Ramos contracted with attorney Josh Karoly, who filed a lawsuit against the officers and the PA State Highway Patrol. According to McAll, the lawsuit alleged the officers schemed to falsely arrest Ramos:

Ramos’ lawsuit alleged Troopers Justin M. Summa and Kevin Vanfleet, assigned to the Fogelsville barracks, conspired to falsely arrest him after finding no evidence that he was intoxicated or that he had drugs or guns in his car.

The suit also named top brass in the PA Highway Patrol:

The suit also claimed five state police supervisors, ranging from the troop commander to former state police Commissioner Francis Noonan, were liable for racially motivated misconduct, unlawful seizure, due process of law violations, denial of equal rights, conspiracy to interfere with civil rights and other Civil Rights Act violations.

Ramos won his lawsuit and was given $150,000 in compensatory damages for having been deprived of his civil rights. Karoly said of the settlement:

It was a mistake that this happened and this resolution is going to go a long way toward getting his life back on track to where it was before this happened…It makes mistakes like that much less likely when they’re brought to the public’s attention.

Here at TFTP, we cannot think of another more appropriate example of how Civil Asset Forfeiture (CAF), Drug Recognition Experts, the practice of forcible blood drawing, ineptitude on behalf of the officers involved as well as unscrupulous judges, all work together to abuse our citizens’ civil liberties. Maybe Mr. Ramos’ story of false arrest/imprisonment is necessary to force others, who are still blinded by their undying loyalty to the boys in blue, to realize what’s really going on out there in our nation’s streets.

It really should come as no surprise the incident took place in Pennsylvania. For the better part of two years, the highway patrol there has been embroiled in a wide-spread cheating scandal. Apparently, they’re so desperate to fill the ranks of state troopers they’re willing to hire individuals with broken moral compasses—the results of which can be seen in Mr. Ramos’ story.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/stone-cold-sober-man-held-prison-five-months-sober/

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #3615 on: December 08, 2017, 05:22:03 AM »
Remember this disgusting case?

What a travesty..

Former Mesa Officer Philip Brailsford found not guilty of murder in shooting of unarmed man

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa-breaking/2017/12/07/philip-brailsford-verdict-daniel-shaver-killing/927052001/

That cop looks like such a shithead.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3616 on: December 08, 2017, 05:40:27 AM »
Nothing else - this thread delivers.    It does.  Thanks skeletor!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3617 on: December 08, 2017, 06:50:59 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3618 on: December 08, 2017, 07:01:51 AM »
Police department at the end of the day are an arm of the govt enforcing its values .  When the values are state and govt over all - it reflects itself in how officers treat citizens

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3619 on: December 08, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »
This is the weapon of Daniel Shaver's killer:

(yes, it says "You're fucked")

Unfortunately this case didn't gain much publicity and of course there were hardly any riots or outrage over this horrible murder. Michael Slager got 20 years for shooting an unarmed fleeing man in the back and yet this killer got away with it...

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3620 on: December 08, 2017, 05:12:35 PM »
There seems to be no end to the brutality. Unsurprisingly enough, cops kill dogs of citizens for little or no reason, even when the dog is not attacking. Why not in this case? (rhetorical question) The dog and its handler should be destroyed.

52yo Woman Torn to Shreds by K9 as Cops Admit She’s Innocent

St. Paul, MN — On September 23rd, Desiree Collins, a 52-year-old St. Paul resident, learned the hard way what can happen when a K9 officer loses control of his dog. St. Paul police officer Thaddeus P. Schmidt claims he lost control of his K-9, Gabe, when it attacked Collins, ripping her arm into shreds. The entire incident was caught on the body cameras of the officers involved.

Collins was attacked by Gabe near a dumpster along the 600 block of Van Buren Avenue. The woman can be heard in a long and sustained scream. “Ow!…Oh!”, she shouted. The pain must have been intense as her eyes seemed to show the fear and horror she was experiencing.

The attack knocked her out of her shoes and onto the ground where Gabe had latched onto her arm. She screamed, he pulled, and then the St. Paul officers reached down to take control of her, helping her and attempting to get the dog off of her arm.

“Please, help me, oh!” Collins screamed in fear. “We’re trying to get your arm,” they responded. After they broke the dog’s grip on her arm, they told her to stand up and they would get her some medical care for her injuries.

Obviously shocked at the horrific attack, Collins asked, “What did I do to him?” The officers then responded saying “Nothing, it’s not your fault.” “You were just at the wrong place at the wrong time,” they told her. They then promised the medics were on their way.

Collins, understandably, is suing the city and the police department. Andrew Noel, one of her attorneys said:

The entire incident is shocking and unacceptable…The video speaks for itself–she was terrified.

St. Paul Police Chief Todd Axtell responded to the incident with apparent empathy. He said in a statement:
My heart breaks when I watch this video…What we can do is apologize and take responsibility, offer support and compassion, and learn from the incident so we can continue to work to prevent it from happening to anyone else.

Collins and her attorneys want to make sure the same thing doesn’t happen again to an unsuspecting citizen. Not only do they want full compensation for Collins’ pain and suffering but they want to see the dog and handler be retrained. Apparently not waiting around for a certain judgment by the courts, Police spokesperson Steve Linders confirmed Thursday that both the officer and his K9 were sent back to training, disallowed from returning to work until the month-long retraining takes place.

As TFTP has reported on numerous occasions, the use of canines in police work is highly controversial. Not only are the dogs unpredictable but handlers can easily claim the dogs have “cued” in on drugs all in an effort to infringe on citizens’ civil liberties in order to force convictions in situations where probable cause would be difficult to obtain.

In a recent study, researchers determined the connection between dog and handler is so close that even an officer’s emotions can affect the way a dog reacts. In the case of Ms. Collins, the police were investigating a possible robbery, indicating the officer was likely running on adrenalin. The dog may have sensed as much and attacked Collins the minute he saw her. At any rate, the taxpayer, not the unscrupulous dog handler, will foot the bill when Ms. Collins wins her court case and receives her payout.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-k9-attacks-innocent-woman/

Video (might be graphic to some): https://www.facebook.com/fox9kmsp/videos/10155976512509138/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3621 on: December 08, 2017, 07:24:16 PM »
This is the weapon of Daniel Shaver's killer:

(yes, it says "You're fucked")

Unfortunately this case didn't gain much publicity and of course there were hardly any riots or outrage over this horrible murder. Michael Slager got 20 years for shooting an unarmed fleeing man in the back and yet this killer got away with it...

Is that the cops gun ?

I've just clicked on to thread & not yet read the article on this shooting.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3622 on: December 08, 2017, 07:28:08 PM »

Is that the cops gun ?

I've just clicked on to thread & not yet read the article on this shooting.

Yes.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3623 on: December 11, 2017, 12:02:11 PM »
Remember this story?

Officer Loses It, Goes ‘Robocop’ and Breaks an Innocent Elderly Man’s Leg Over a Tomato

They should break his legs and lock him up for 20 years, maybe then he -and others like him- will learn to behave.

Guilty: Cop Breaks Innocent Man’s Leg, Lies About Him Stealing a Tomato to Cover It Up

Atlanta, GA — An innocent Atlanta man spent multiple days handcuffed to a hospital bed with a broken leg and a severed artery after an Atlanta cop falsely accused him of stealing a tomato that he actually bought. Tyrone Carnegay spent then spent three days in jail. Now, the cop responsible for this gross violation of Carnegay’s rights is finally being held accountable.

Former Police Sergeant Trevor King of Stockbridge, Georgia was convicted by a federal jury on Friday of using excessive force on Tyrone Carnegay and breaking two bones in his leg with a baton.

“Law enforcement officers all over the country work tirelessly every day to protect the public from violence,” said Acting Attorney General John Gore of the Civil Rights Department. “This defendant violated the law and his oath as a police officer when he unjustifiably beat a man with a baton, breaking the man’s leg, because he wrongly believed that the man had stolen a tomato.  The Department of Justice will continue to protect all citizens from violations of their constitutional right to safety and security.”

The interaction was all caught on a Walmart security camera. However, that didn’t stop King from claiming it was all true in his report.

“I was chained to my bed in Grady. They said I assaulted him and obstructed him from doing his job,” Carnegay told the local news. None of this was true.

Carnegay explained to WSB-TV that he was walking out of the store after purchasing his groceries when an off-duty Atlanta cop, working security at the store, walked up to him without warning and began beating him.

According to the Department of Justice report, as the victim lay on the Walmart floor bleeding from his injuries, King searched the victim and found a receipt for the tomato in the victim’s bag. The receipt showed that the victim paid for the tomato only minutes before King’s attack. King then wrote a false report to cover up his unjustified assault.  Additionally, King charged the victim with obstructing a shoplifting investigation and with assaulting a police officer.

“He’s giving me a verbal command. As he’s grabbing me, he’s beating me at the same time. ‘Get on ground.’ Beating me at the same time,” Carnegay said.

In the video, we can see Carnegay get struck by the raging cop at least seven times before he is unable to walk.

“My leg started giving out,” Carnegay said.

Carnegay didn’t resist, obstruct, or assault the officer; he merely tried to protect himself, unsuccessfully, against the cop’s unnecessary baton blows.

Carnegay said that the officer never asked for the receipt prior to unleashing his ‘robocop’ fury. However, after he laid on the ground in handcuffs, his leg broken in two places, and bleeding internally, the cop reached into his pocket and found the receipt — showing he paid for the tomato.

“Somebody could have come up to him and said, ‘Excuse me sir, do you have (a) receipt for that tomato?’ and he would’ve shown him the receipt,” said attorney Craig Jones. “The officer went into Robocop mode and beat the crap out of him.”

“He found the receipt and money, and stood there like he hadn’t done nothing,” Carnegay said.

Carnegay has since filed a lawsuit over the incident which happened in October 2014. In the lawsuit, he names King, Walmart, as well as the Walmart manager, because he told the officer Carnegay had stolen the tomato just before the beating.

Because of the lying cop, Carnegay was forced to fight the charges for an entire year before they were dropped. Now, hopefully, this officer will get what is coming and do his time in jail. As for Carnegay, however, he walks with a limp thanks to the titanium rod in his leg.

Below is a video, once again, blowing away the fallacy that police only hurt those who break the law. Next time someone says “if you don’t want to get beat up by police, don’t break the law,” show them this article.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-convicted-claiming-innocent-man-stole-tomato-breaking-leg-video/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3624 on: December 13, 2017, 03:37:51 PM »
How ironic that the judge who sentenced Shaneen Allen seems to have a concealed carry permit (along with cops, from what the prosecutor says), unlike all the other citizens mere plebs.

Some background on Shaneen Allen:
Shaneen Allen, 27, was pulled over in Atlantic County, N.J. The officer who pulled her over says she made an unsafe lane change. During the stop, Allen informed the officer that she was a resident of Pennsylvania and had a conceal carry permit in her home state. She also had a handgun in her car. Had she been in Pennsylvania, having the gun in the car would have been perfectly legal. But Allen was pulled over in New Jersey, home to some of the strictest gun control laws in the United States.

Allen is a black single mother. She has two kids. She has no prior criminal record. Before her arrest, she worked as a phlebobotomist. After she was robbed two times in the span of about a year, she purchased the gun to protect herself and her family. There is zero evidence that Allen intended to use the gun for any other purpose. Yet Allen was arrested. She spent 40 days in jail before she was released on bail. She’s now facing a felony charge that, if convicted, would bring a three-year mandatory minimum prison term.

Shaneen Allen’s Judge, Michael Donio, Has Only Non-LEO Atlantic City Concealed Carry Permit

Alexander Roubian of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society writes [exposé video below]:

For years we have stated that only politicians, judges and their friends can obtain conceal carry permits in New Jersey… and for years we have been told we are “paranoid” and only “specially trained” individuals like law enforcement officers are allowed that privilege.

Politicians like Loretta Weinberg have fought hard to keep permit holder information exempt from public records requests, probably to protect the identity of her friends, and maybe herself?

Though we do not know who exactly the 1,274 that have received a conceal carry permit are, the admission of a prosecutor that Judge Michael Donio was the only non-police officer in Atlantic City to receive a conceal carry permit (ccw) is further evidence that we are, in fact, not paranoid nor wrong.

[ED: Judge Donio was the presiding judge in the case of Shaneen Allen, a Pennsylvania woman nabbed by NJ police for carrying a firearm without a Garden State carry permit. She was prosecuted, convicted and sentenced to a pretrial intervention program.]

For over two years we have scoured through public records and went undercover to identify, document, and now expose those who are quick to deny us our constitutional right (while they simultaneously enjoy that same right). This elitist “good for thee, but not for me” mentality must end NOW!

To make matters worse, Judge Michael Donio didn’t find it “egregious” that prosecutors thought a single mother from crime-ridden Philadelphia, a victim of violence herself, would be a prime candidate to put in prison and made an example of.

The hypocrisy and double standard is disgusting, and the snippet at the end of the video above speaks for itself.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/12/robert-farago/shaneen-allens-judge-michael-donio-has-only-non-leo-atlantic-city-concealed-carry-permit/