Author Topic: Planet Fitness Has Been 'Pretty Much Destroyed,' Says Company Founder  (Read 1951 times)

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
I dont get how people wouldnt cancel a 10-15 a month sub they dont use. Thats still a lot of money you could use on sandwhiches or chinese food

Many chain gyms make it difficult to cancel. They farm out their collections and billings to a separate entity. You can't just tell them at the gym you're cancelling or click a button on their website. You call a number and get put on hold for a long time.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
I dont get how people wouldnt cancel a 10-15 a month sub they dont use. Thats still a lot of money you could use on sandwhiches or chinese food
Most forget all about the money withdrawn from their accounts every month.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Most forget all about the money withdrawn from their accounts every month.

Crazy. I even cancel most orders I make for things I objectively need. Feels bad being poor.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
Many chain gyms make it difficult to cancel. They farm out their collections and billings to a separate entity. You can't just tell them at the gym you're cancelling or click a button on their website. You call a number and get put on hold for a long time.

This very hassle is why I don't want to join one of these places.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

Its a low enough amount where people don't really notice or care about but it also makes them feel good about having a gym membership.  A lot of off-grid and homeless people get memberships because they can have access to a clean shower and soap along with getting in shape
A

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!

Its a low enough amount where people don't really notice or care about but it also makes them feel good about having a gym membership.  A lot of off-grid and homeless people get memberships because they can have access to a clean shower and soap along with getting in shape

Good to hear it works for you Vince.

Fortress

• Getbig V

Brutal

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Crazy. I even cancel most orders I make for things I objectively need. Feels bad being poor.
I can't understand those who don't check up on their monthly expenses but there are lots of them.