Author Topic: IFBB Athletes Rep.  (Read 12352 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: IFBB Athletes Rep.
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2006, 08:27:53 PM »
I don't see why the IFBB athletes rep is relavant to anyone up here.

The IFBB rep only works for the IFBB pro bodybuilders.  If you're not an IFBB pro then you're not relevant
A

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2006, 08:32:38 PM »
2 points that I differ with BOB about. Before it was a pro qualifier lots of guys in the masters nationals were already pushing the envelope.
If Chic wants to make getting a pro card as something with a lot of prestidge, I agree with that.
BUT, why have a guy win his pro card as a bantam or LT wt but then have no shot in the pros?

I also think that the LEGAL risks with drugs are the main issue, not age or health, sorry.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2006, 08:34:12 PM »

Vince....  I'm really trying to limit the "baseless attacks" lately, but if you're gonna continue to make posts as st00pid as this one, you're gonna force me to post your Mertolina pics again.  ::)

I like Vince based on what I read and many do crack on the guy needlessly.
However, Goatboy has now owned him in this thread with this last Metrolina crack, sorry Vince

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2006, 08:35:43 PM »
The IFBB rep only works for the IFBB pro bodybuilders.  If you're not an IFBB pro then you're not relevant

Those of us who make a living working with athletes can benefit ourselves by holding the IFBB Rep accountable for his actions.  He affects the ability of my clients and potential to make money, which they might use for a website or website upgrade.

When Bob plays IFBB mouthpiece, he messes with pro BBers ability to earn money, and my ability to earn money from them.  So I think I do help them out a bit by exposing their rep as selfish or dishonest when his actions can be analyzied to demosntrate these traits.

Word to your titties, Vince.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2006, 08:38:39 PM »
Those of us who make a living working with athletes can benefit ourselves by holding the IFBB Rep accountable for his actions.  He affects the ability of my clients and potential to make money, which they might use for a website or website upgrade.

When Bob plays IFBB mouthpiece, he messes with pro BBers ability to earn money, and my ability to earn money from them.  So I think I do help them out a bit by exposing their rep as selfish or dishonest when his actions can be analyzied to demosntrate these traits.

Word to your titties, Vince.

Ok, ok but 240, what do you think of my rational and logic that guy now has to risk breaking the federal drug laws just to be on a level playing field at any NPC pro qualifier?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2006, 08:40:26 PM »
Ok, ok but 240, what do you think of my rational and logic that guy now has to risk breaking the federal drug laws just to be on a level playing field at any NPC pro qualifier?

Oh, it's a messed up system but nothing is going to change, period.  Gear is harder to get now, so the guys with better supply chains will do better at shows.  Nobody is going to see a show where the guys are natural.  Sad, but true and by choice.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2006, 08:53:25 PM »

Laws suck. As long as I'm not hurting anyone, I have no problem breaking laws. Why are "laws" such a hang-up for you, Howard?

It is NOT peresonal , seriously it is policy. I neverr said I was against drug use nor do I think it should be illegal, etc.
However, if I was serious and had the genetics for a pro card the FACT is I would have to risk breaking the law in the process. tell me that is "no big deal" of you are standing before a judge.  ???

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2006, 08:54:53 PM »

none of the shit you post is relevant either, but we still comment on it because we have nothing better to do.

Capisce, Vincenzo?
Deep Tissue Massage

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2006, 08:58:49 PM »
Oh, it's a messed up system but nothing is going to change, period.  Gear is harder to get now, so the guys with better supply chains will do better at shows.  Nobody is going to see a show where the guys are natural.  Sad, but true and by choice.

I know it's all screwed up, so just kiss me good night and call it a day you big bull :D :D :D :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2006, 10:33:58 PM »
Explain the IFBB's decision to grant him a 2006 show based upon these numbers.

Simple the IFBB does not care about the numbers.  They care that you pay the sanction fee and all the competitors pay their dues.  What or why would they give a fuck if a show does well or not.  They get their money with no money lost.  It's a win win situation for them. 

In most industries a company who grants a license (like Gold's Gym) will due extensive due diligence to make sure the proposed Gold's Gym is in an area that will be beneficial for business.  Which means they will not grant a license to someone who wants to build a gym in the middle of no where just to make a buck.  Most companies are concerned about reputation.  The IFBB is worried about the good ole dollar. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2006, 10:38:05 PM »
This is untrue...as it does the IFBB no good for a show to tank, thus they get no future revenue. I'm sure they would much prefer a show to be a great success and be paying sanction fee's for many years...

That being said...I've had a long standing opinion that the IFBB would be better served if they put on their OWN shows, for the very reason you outlined...

Call me crazy...but the NFL puts on NFL games...MLB puts on baseball games, NHL, NBA, etc, etc....you don't see games being "promoted" by an individual.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2006, 10:40:22 PM »

Consider this as the ideal scenario. All the organisations ban their athletes from competing in any others.
If the top ten bodybuilders were allowed and also chose to compete in let's say the IFBB, PDI and NABBA then only ten men would be making any money?
Now if it was a closed shop, then the ten men in each organisation would be making money = 30.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2006, 10:41:54 PM »
Simple the IFBB does not care about the numbers.  They care that you pay the sanction fee and all the competitors pay their dues.  What or why would they give a f**k if a show does well or not.  They get their money with no money lost.  It's a win win situation for them.   

Without starting another flame war over the PDI, but how are they handling the sanction fees for their shows?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2006, 10:43:41 PM »
Without starting another flame war over the PDI, but how are they handling the sanction fees for their shows?

We'll have to wait till sept to find out...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2006, 10:56:06 PM »
Well the NOC is Waynes puppy. He is the promoter is he not.  So unless he writes himself a check just for the kick of it, then no sanctions fees are paid. 

irejistirred4deena

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2006, 11:00:53 PM »

You're not a bodybuilder and you're on a bodybuilding board.  What the f**k does that make you?

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2006, 11:12:42 PM »
Well the NOC is Waynes puppy. He is the promoter is he not.  So unless he writes himself a check just for the kick of it, then no sanctions fees are paid. 

I understand that Wayne does not have to pay himself as the promoter, I'm asking about the shows in Florida and Europe.

irejistirred4deena

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »

A funny-looking black guy from South Carolina who has tits bigger than most women's?

Well I guess we're all clear on that then ;D

thisiskeith12

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2006, 11:14:38 PM »
I don't see how Wayne has thought this through. If he was going to do it, he should already have a set plan and promoting the hell out of it. But he instead is sitting back and doing nothing.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2006, 11:43:23 PM »
It's certainlly MORE dangerous to a 50-60 year old, isn't it?

Do you think it's dangerous to a 14 year old?

Do you have a problem with VYO-Tech paying a 14 year old to represent them at a bodybuilding contest?

Do you have a problem with VYO-Tech paying a 14 year old that was force fed steroids and exploited as a 7 year old by his father to represent them at a bodybuilding contest?

Do you think 14 year olds should be buying and using the products VYO-Tech produces?

And lastly, if you're concerned about the health risks of 50 year olds are you also concerned with the health risks to 14 year olds?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2006, 01:30:30 AM »
I don't see how Wayne has thought this through. If he was going to do it, he should already have a set plan and promoting the hell out of it. But he instead is sitting back and doing nothing.

Are you kidding!  The thing is he has thought this out.  Do you know how many trips he has made to Europe and the Orient.  Do you know who has flown into New York to meet him.  Do you know the sponsors he has and is getting.  What promotion does he need right now 5 months or so out from the show.  The PDI and NOC is being talked about on every board.  FOR FREE!  He has big articles in Muscle Mag and Muscular Development.  He has ads going in within the next couple months.  SO far everything is going EXACTLY (even more) than he expected.  He told me hsi timeline months ago and he is sticking to it to the tee.  There is absolutely not one reason why he needs to do any promotion this far out.  WHy?  The costs alone would kill him in advertising.  People are talking everyday and that is whathe wants.  Good or bad, they are talking.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2006, 01:32:21 AM »
talk and all we ever seem to say is blah blah blah  ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2006, 04:43:05 AM »
This is untrue...as it does the IFBB no good for a show to tank, thus they get no future revenue. I'm sure they would much prefer a show to be a great success and be paying sanction fee's for many years...

That being said...I've had a long standing opinion that the IFBB would be better served if they put on their OWN shows, for the very reason you outlined...

Call me crazy...but the NFL puts on NFL games...MLB puts on baseball games, NHL, NBA, etc, etc....you don't see games being "promoted" by an individual.

IFBB shows makes sense to me provided they are in the best locations...but what do i know

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2006, 09:11:35 AM »
Do you think it's dangerous to a 14 year old?

Do you have a problem with VYO-Tech paying a 14 year old to represent them at a bodybuilding contest?

Do you have a problem with VYO-Tech paying a 14 year old that was force fed steroids and exploited as a 7 year old by his father to represent them at a bodybuilding contest?

Do you think 14 year olds should be buying and using the products VYO-Tech produces?

And lastly, if you're concerned about the health risks of 50 year olds are you also concerned with the health risks to 14 year olds?

Yes, I think AAs would be dangerous to a 14 year old kid...and would never advocate such...

No, I don't have a problem with Vyotech paying him to be at their booth...

No, I have a problem with his FATHER, who was responsible for those actions and should be in jail..

Supplements are supplements...used correctly, they are safe.

Yes, I am...and we don't offer pro cards to teenagers...if we did , I would have an even BIGGER issue with it.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2006, 12:59:12 PM »
I hear he's looking for a job :P!!

you heard wrong

are your feelings still hurt because he didn't smile at you when you saw him at the ironman :'( :'( :'(

E
E