Author Topic: Hyundai Officially Announces Genesis Luxury Brand  (Read 5149 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Hyundai Officially Announces Genesis Luxury Brand
« on: November 04, 2015, 01:48:15 PM »
By Mark Stevenson on November 4, 2015
Hyundai officially announced late Tuesday night the launch of the Genesis luxury sub-brand and outlined what’s to come from the new marque.

The announcement comes after the possible launch was reported by Reuters on Tuesday.

According to Hyundai, the new brand will eventually sell six distinct models, starting with the Hyundai Genesis sedan and Equus which will be renamed Genesis G80 and G90, respectively, going into the 2017 model year. Those models will debut in Korea in December and in North America next spring, reported Automotive News.

A new, smaller sedan — named G70 — will join the lineup in 2017, while the rest of the models, including a midsize crossover and SUV, will be introduced before 2021. All Genesis models will be rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.

Details concerning the experience customers should expect when shopping and owning a Genesis vehicle are very much up in the air and are to be decided by each region, explained a spokesman for Hyundai Canada. However, the experience will likely include the “Your Time, Your Place” test drive program that delivers vehicles to the homes of prospective buyers, and “At Your Service” regularly scheduled maintenance that picks up vehicles from the workplaces or homes of owners for service.

The Genesis brand will have it’s own research and development arm, along with a design team dedicated to the brand led by Luc Donckerwolke, formerly of Bentley.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/11/hyundai-officially-announces-genesis-luxury-brand-six-model-lineup/#more-1211617

It's about time!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Hyundai Officially Announces Genesis Luxury Brand
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 01:50:31 PM »
About time. But they will not have  stand alone dealerships. They have gone about this the wrong way.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 01:54:11 PM »
About time. But they will not have  stand alone dealerships. They have gone about this the wrong way.

I think they will have stand alone dealerships.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »
VW Phaeton part deux  ::)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 01:56:09 PM »
Hyundai stays in business because of their warranty and cheap price. They are garbage and will never attain prestige status.
T

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 02:02:16 PM »
I think they will have stand alone dealerships.
Later on, maybe. Hyundai is being tentative with this. They are not going to spend, possibly billions building stand alone dealerships/networks, along with training new personnel, for something that may flop in their faces.

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »
I just test drove a genesis 2 weeks ago. Nice ride but no better than the Chrysler 300 or Subara Impala in my opinion. Plus it sucks up fuel worse than the two others mentioned. I wouldn't say Hyundai is necessarily worse quality than others. My girlfriend test drove the Sonata Hybrid and although I was just passenger I was impressed. It was better than the Ford Fusion hybrid which she had tested 2 weeks previous to that. I think the genesis should be the flagship vehicle to Hyundai instead of having dealerships of their own. Like the Nissan maxima.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 03:31:03 PM »

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 03:34:11 PM »
"The Genesis brand will have it’s own research and development arm, along with a design team dedicated to the brand led by Luc Donckerwolke, formerly of Bentley."

It's just like a Bentley, only cheaper

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 03:34:34 PM »
Hyundai is shit. They steal their styling from other carmakers so the cars look nice on the outside. Under the skin the cars are crap.

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »
Cars aren't built like they were 20 years ago. They all use the same parts from the same factories. The interior of a BMW and Mazda is identical. One is not that much better than the other in terms of quality. 20 years ago each brand had differences but now they're pretty much the same minus the labeling. Except Subaru. Subaru is truly unique.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 04:01:32 PM »
"The Genesis brand will have it’s own research and development arm, along with a design team dedicated to the brand led by Luc Donckerwolke, formerly of Bentley."

It's just like a Bentley, only cheaper

by Jens Meiners
Donckerwolke had a 23-year career at the Volkswagen Group, and some of his designs have made history. He was closely involved in the purist, first-generation Škoda Fabia and Octavia models; he helped shape the Audi A2—a marvel of efficiency; and as chief designer of Lamborghini, he oversaw the design of the Gallardo and created the Murciélago. In 2005, he left for SEAT, then became head of the VW Groups’s advanced design, finally moving on to Bentley in 2012.

In his three years at Bentley, Donckerwolke created three new cars: The upcoming Bentayga SUV, which is entirely unrelated to the infamous 2012 EXP 9 F concept; the next-generation Continental GT; and the EXP10 Speed 6 concept (below),
http://blog.caranddriver.com/donckerwolke-takes-a-walk-bentley-design-chief-replaced-by-audis-stefan-sielaff/

Donckerwolke is one of the best automotive designers in the world right now.  He's going to hit it out of the park!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 04:32:39 PM »
by Jens Meiners
Donckerwolke had a 23-year career at the Volkswagen Group, and some of his designs have made history. He was closely involved in the purist, first-generation Škoda Fabia and Octavia models; he helped shape the Audi A2—a marvel of efficiency; and as chief designer of Lamborghini, he oversaw the design of the Gallardo and created the Murciélago. In 2005, he left for SEAT, then became head of the VW Groups’s advanced design, finally moving on to Bentley in 2012.

In his three years at Bentley, Donckerwolke created three new cars: The upcoming Bentayga SUV, which is entirely unrelated to the infamous 2012 EXP 9 F concept; the next-generation Continental GT; and the EXP10 Speed 6 concept (below),
http://blog.caranddriver.com/donckerwolke-takes-a-walk-bentley-design-chief-replaced-by-audis-stefan-sielaff/

Donckerwolke is one of the best automotive designers in the world right now.  He's going to hit it out of the park!

Not necessarily. Luc had to work with car companies that have design heritage. The Genesis Brand has none. And I probably suspect that the Korean company wants cars that have a Euro feeling and look. Which means that they will use Euro cues from other companies, and will be more generic looking.
Why do you think he was hired? And one of the BMW M bosses.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 04:39:25 PM »
I like my Hyundai   :(

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 04:51:09 PM »
Hyundai always have had bad resale value. Their quality has risen dramatically since the junk the first were selling. 

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »
Hyundai always have had bad resale value. Their quality has risen dramatically since the junk the first were selling. 
hyundai excel
T

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 06:04:44 PM »

A car to be taken seriously for certain, but agree whole-heartedly about need for luxury marque stand alone stores......witness how Cadillac/Chevy dealerships are working out for GM.  Drags prestige of Cadillac way down and doesn't cater to luxury customers which spells disaster.  This has been documented in trade magazines ad nauseum.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 06:17:19 PM »
Hyundai Vision G Concept

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 06:24:20 PM »
A car to be taken seriously for certain, but agree whole-heartedly about need for luxury marque stand alone stores......witness how Cadillac/Chevy dealerships are working out for GM.  Drags prestige of Cadillac way down and doesn't cater to luxury customers which spells disaster.  This has been documented in trade magazines ad nauseum.
Yep, I agree. And so does the new head of Cadillac, I believe.
Also, another thing about dealerships. Look at how Dodge/Chrysler dealerships treat the viper and or perspective customers. They lock the doors of the car, they don't allow people in it, or really to test drive them. You have a freaking American Supercar, yet you allow no one near it. And that was one of the reasons why it has not been selling that well. Go over to a Chevy dealer and they will let you sit in and test drive a Corvette Stingrat or Z06.

Hyundai Vision G Concept

Looks like the Infiniti concept models that they are known for, like The Essence.
Also has that hockey stick line just like the new BMW 7, which was from the BMW Vision Future Luxury Concept.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 06:29:31 PM »

Like fucking Doosan equipment.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »
if I can afford a luxury car it is not going to be a Hyundai
"

Irongrip400

• Getbig V