Author Topic: Brian Billick reports jets using illegal ploy to draw players offsides  (Read 3278 times)

body88

Looks like the rat is doing a little cheating to !!!! Oh wait the poor old jets a celar dwellers so we shall sweep this under the rug  ::)

Billick: Jets 'illegally' simulated snap count
Associated Press, Updated 10 minutes ago

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) - Ravens coach Brian Billick accused the New York Jets of using an "illegal" ploy to draw Baltimore offside during Sunday's game.

Billick said Monday that the Jets' defense shouted out signals to intentionally throw off the Baltimore offense. Billick claimed the tactic led to the three illegal procedure penalties against the Ravens.

"They did an outstanding job. I credit the New York Jets. Their defensive line and linebackers did a very, very effective job of illegally simulating the snap count," Billick said. "They did it the whole game long. It needs to be caught."

Tackle Adam Terry bolted offside in the first and third quarters. Tight end Quinn Sypniewski jumped in the first quarter.

"That's not an excuse by any stretch of the imagination. But it is illegal," Billick said. "Our guys have to deal with it. I don't know how to help my linemen with that because, you're in the heat of battle and you're calling the snap count, and the guy across from you is also calling a snap count - which is illegal."

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Brian Billick reports jets using illegal ploy to draw players offsides
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:51:27 AM »
His accusations were correct.

I was there, 30 yard line, 6 rows back. The parabolics could pick it up and you could hear Vilma and others from the Jets mimicking Boller's cadence right before the snap in order to draw false start penalties on the offense.

It may be cheating, but unless the refs call unsportsmanlike conduct on it during a game, then northing's going to be done about it.

Billick CONSTANTLY mouths at the refs so why not bring it to their attention during the game?

body88

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 10:07:23 AM »
His accusations were correct.

I was there, 30 yard line, 6 rows back. The parabolics could pick it up and you could hear Vilma and others from the Jets mimicking Boller's cadence right before the snap in order to draw false start penalties on the offense.

It may be cheating, but unless the refs call unsportsmanlike conduct on it during a game, then northing's going to be done about it.

Billick CONSTANTLY mouths at the refs so why not bring it to their attention during the game?

I don't know.I just don't like the double standard. Mangini acts all high and mighty then is trying to get an unfair advantage vs the Raven's. Funny how the media is not jumping on this story. You know with the fact that Goodel used to work for the jets and all. How about the tape getting leaked to fox. Goodels wife works for fox. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

I forgot to ask you what you think about Troy Smith?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 10:58:58 AM »
Complete BS. The Ravens won so its not cameragate but still pretty bad, especially one week after the Pats BS. Simmons has another great article on this crap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/bostonblog

Thanks to CameraGate, the Jets were handed a free pass for getting creamed in Week 1. On Sunday night, the Chargers were given a similar free pass by NBC. Since the network already had its story line in place -- "San Diego seeks revenge against the lying and cheating Patriots!!!" -- it couldn't deviate from that story for three hours, even as the Pats were slapping together one of the most dominating performances in a ballyhooed regular-season game in recent memory. So allow me to point out some of the stuff NBC glossed over.

You can fault Bill Belichick for the scandal, but you can't deny his greatness as a coach.
When you were watching Sunday night's game, did you realize that ...
L

body88

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 11:00:51 AM »
Funny how that works. I guess this type of cheating can be explained away by the pats detractors, and jets fans. It's "different". Right guys, right!?

body88

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 12:56:59 PM »
more

POSTED 10:17 a.m. EDT, September 18, 2007

BILLICK COMPLAINTS JUST THE BEGINNING FOR MANGINI?

A league source opined to us on Tuesday morning that the recent comments of Ravens coach Brian Billick are "only the beginning" of the backlash that Jets head coach Eric Mangini will face after blowing the whistle on his former employer, the New England Patriots.

On Monday, Billick claimed that Jets defensive players illegal simulated the snap count, causing three illegal procedure penalties in Sunday's game between New York and Baltimore.

Some folks in league circles are troubled by the notion that Mangini violated the code of silence among coaches, doing so not because it was "the right thing to do," but because he thought he could gain a competitive advantage by pointing out a competitive advantage that he previously used to his own advantage, culminating in the head-coaching position he now holds.

If, some believe, Mangini believed that it was wrong to videotape defensive signals, he should have taken a stand when he was working for the Patriots.

So, as a result, anything that the Jets do that technically constitutes "cheating" will likely now be the subject of public complaints from other coaches.

With that said, guys like Billick should pick their battles carefully. Things that happen as part of the action on the field are extremely different, in our view, from secretly (or, as in the case of the Patriots, blatantly) videotaping defensive signals. As to the former, guys in black and white uniforms are in place to police possible rules violations. So if the Jets are calling out phony snap counts in an effort to rattle the Ravens' young offensive linemen, the game officials need to be flagging it.

It's no different, in our estimation, than holding or pass interference or anything else that happens on the field. It's only a penalty if a penalty is called, and guys surely get away with stuff in each and every game that is played.

Still, the message to Mangini is clear. He hurled a boulder in a cul-de-sac of glass houses. He can now expect plenty of rocks to come flying his way from the neighbors.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 06:36:22 PM »
I don't know.I just don't like the double standard. Mangini acts all high and mighty then is trying to get an unfair advantage vs the Raven's. Funny how the media is not jumping on this story. You know with the fact that Goodel used to work for the jets and all. How about the tape getting leaked to fox. Goodels wife works for fox. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

I forgot to ask you what you think about Troy Smith?

Good athlete with a missle for an arm. Too short (6 foot) to stand in the pocket and will make a lot of throws on the run. Reminds me a little of Vick, just not as fast.

It's too early to tell whether he has the goods to be an NFL starter. His intelligence is a definite question mark. He'll need an opportunity sometime next year to show what's he got. For now, his ass is grounded on the depth chart behind Boller and Mcnair.

body88

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 06:08:48 AM »
Good athlete with a missle for an arm. Too short (6 foot) to stand in the pocket and will make a lot of throws on the run. Reminds me a little of Vick, just not as fast.

It's too early to tell whether he has the goods to be an NFL starter. His intelligence is a definite question mark. He'll need an opportunity sometime next year to show what's he got. For now, his ass is grounded on the depth chart behind Boller and Mcnair.

Breeze is like 6 foot right?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 08:25:17 AM »
Yes, but Brees has more intangibles that make him more successful.

Such as a higher football IQ for starters.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 11:42:54 AM »
Its not speculative..they did it but how bad it was remains to be seen. Billick thought it was bad. Maybe not near as bad as spygate...but its a 5 yard penalty each time for defensive delay of game...why no call?
L

body88

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 11:55:59 AM »
Exactly, this is not some random writer stating his opinion or speculating. Brian Billick flat out said the jets where cheating. This article reports the events. It does not speculate on anything. The article is 90 percent quotes from Billicks mouth.

Ps not sure what the jets and the ravens have to do with the patriots thread. Your article was merged into the mega thread that is dedicated to the topic the article talks about ::)

body88

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
Its not speculative..they did it but how bad it was remains to be seen. Billick thought it was bad. Maybe not near as bad as spygate...but its a 5 yard penalty each time for defensive delay of game...why no call?

Thats the funny part. Not near as bad? Thats like saying stealing signs is legal (which it is) unless you try to do it with a video cam. Which is 100 percent true. But no one bys that. They wont accept that everyone steals signs and the only reason the pats got into trouble was they video taped them. Dumb move, but true. Even though the pats didnt use the sings for anything everyone is killing them over it. Funny how everyone ignores the jets doing the same junk in that same game ( see my jets camera man thread)

Cheating is cheating. If we cant justify the pats doing it, the jets cant justify using shady tactics to get guys to go offsides. especially if rat fink mangini is going to be riding a high horse calling out other teams while using shady tactics to get an edge. Its cheating.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 01:21:44 PM »
I coach pop warner..my kids don't do that. He's not defending anything. How are u going to feel when Goodell has to hand the Lombardi trophy to BB.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »
I coach pop warner..my kids don't do that. He's not defending anything. How are u going to feel when Goodell has to hand the Lombardi trophy to BB.

Serious question. Would you kill yourself if it turned out Beli-cheat turned out to be the biggest scumbag of the last decade and lost his job?

I personally couldn't care less. I'm a college fan first. How's it feel being a Pats fanboy with little to no knowledge of anything that doesn't have a New England or Boston symbol in front of it?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 01:34:32 PM »
Yo Berserk,

I'm laying some money tonight on Ultimate fightnight.

Give me your picks:

Florian vs. Thomas

Leben vs. Terry Martin

Thanks, dude.

body88

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 03:32:25 PM »
Serious question. Would you kill yourself if it turned out Beli-cheat turned out to be the biggest scumbag of the last decade and lost his job?

I personally couldn't care less. I'm a college fan first. How's it feel being a Pats fanboy with little to no knowledge of anything that doesn't have a New England or Boston symbol in front of it?

Haha you are enraged!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 08:12:55 AM »
From our friends in Buffalo.....

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/166783.html

Sorry, but it keeps getting worse. Normally, the Bills might catch the Patriots looking ahead to their next opponent — the Bengals. Instead, they’re heading to New England this Sunday to play a team that’s motivated to show the world it didn’t become the most feared franchise in the NFL by cheating.

The Patriots are a handful in the best of times. They’re an angry, wounded animal right now. Their embattled coach, Bill Belichick, was fined $500,000 by the league for using video to steal opponents’ signs. The franchise was fined $250,000 and will have to forfeit its firstround draft pick if — all right, when — it makes the playoffs........

L

body88

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 08:18:08 AM »
From our friends in Buffalo.....

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/166783.html

Sorry, but it keeps getting worse. Normally, the Bills might catch the Patriots looking ahead to their next opponent — the Bengals. Instead, they’re heading to New England this Sunday to play a team that’s motivated to show the world it didn’t become the most feared franchise in the NFL by cheating.

The Patriots are a handful in the best of times. They’re an angry, wounded animal right now. Their embattled coach, Bill Belichick, was fined $500,000 by the league for using video to steal opponents’ signs. The franchise was fined $250,000 and will have to forfeit its firstround draft pick if — all right, when — it makes the playoffs........

Didn't you hear hh6? The chargers went from the best team in the NFL for years to come to zeros, since the pats embarrassed them on national tv  :o

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 09:01:24 AM »
Amazing how that happened..... ::)
L

body88

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 09:11:33 AM »
Amazing how that happened..... ::)

All the power rankings have the pats pegged the clear number one. Colts in the two spot. Cowboys in the three spot. Chargers dropped to fourth. Which is deserved imo. Some have the steelers in the four spot. All have pats / colts 1 and 2.

Feels good for them the pats to get some recognition for actual football. Only a few more games until Rodney comes back. Who knows these injuries could be a blessing in disguise for our depth. Wilson has looked like the player he was before he got hurt last year. A guy with pro bowl level talent. He has been awesome this year. Sanders is getting some reps as well as Meriweather. Rodney will come back fresh and give the depth time to rest. But they will still be ready to step up if they are needed late since they got so many reps when Rodney was out. Wilson is even better when Rodney plays alongside him. All those depth guys are quality players.

Same goes for Sey. When he comes back that gives Jarvis and especially Wright ( who has been hurt) a chance to get well rested, but still have had tons of reps if they need to step in for Sey. Nice thatJarivs can step in a be a legit threat to any qb in the leauge.

I hope beli rests Wilson and gives Meriweather reps in the bills game.

body88

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 11:16:07 AM »

Latest quote from the NFL ( - Boston Herald )

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello yesterday indicated there was nothing to report on the seizing of other videotapes by the league. Aiello also stated the league did not “expect to have any further comment on the matter.”

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 12:24:31 PM »
Great...let it die.  :D
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 01:12:26 PM »
Yo Berserk,

I'm laying some money tonight on Ultimate fightnight.

Give me your picks:

Florian vs. Thomas

Leben vs. Terry Martin

Thanks, dude.

My bad, missed this post last night. I'm being completely honest, I had Leben and Florian winning. Wish I told you. Sorry about that.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 03:25:02 PM »
No problem!

2 for 2! I took Leben and Florian. Make some ching last night!

That knockout from Leben was crazy!

body88

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 04:27:52 PM »
NFL says all thirty two tapes the pats gave to them were viewed and destroyed. They found nothing on the tapes that violated any rules. The NFL also said there was no evidence or proof to support the claim the pats micked up defensive players. Looks like all you people hoping for some big blockbuster find going back years and years might be let down.

Seems to be an isolated incident. If there wa anything on those tapes they would have hammered the pats. Not to mention you are starting to see some of the more rediculous accusations being shot down by the NFL spokesmen.

Mike Reiss

Here is an update on the NFL's investigation into the Patriots videotaping procedures:

"The Patriots have fully cooperated and complied with the requirements of the commissioner’s decision," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello relayed via email.

"All tapes, documents and other records relating to this matter were turned over to the league office and destroyed, and the Patriots have certified in writing that no copies or other records exist. League policies on in-game video taping and audio communication will continue to be closely monitored and strictly enforced with all 32 teams."

Aiello was also asked about allegations that the Patriots illegally placed a microphone on a defensive player to pick up the audibles of opposing quarterbacks. A report on NBC during the Patriots-Chargers game indicated that the Jets believed the Patriots had illegally placed a microphone on a defensive player.

"We have no evidence to support that claim," Aiello said.