Author Topic: Bring back the draft!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4041 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: Bring back the draft!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 09:53:32 AM »
I think every kid can benefit from at least one year in service.  All it does is delay the start of adulthood by at least 12 months.  I don't think most kids know what they want at age 18 anyway.  Serving their country would probably help most of help them develop maturity, patriotism, responsibility, self control, etc.  There are few higher callings than military service IMO.

That said, it ain't happening.   

I agree with your first part, 18 year olds have no idea. The rest I'm not so sure about. How would watching people die or killing them develop maturity and self control?

Military service is passe', there are far greater concerns to the planet we live on than killing family men and woman

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 10:00:06 AM »
I agree with your first part, 18 year olds have no idea. The rest I'm not so sure about. How would watching people die or killing them develop maturity and self control?

Military service is passe', there are far greater concerns to the planet we live on than killing family men and woman

I'm not sure watching people die or killing people would develop maturity or self control, but it would have a profound impact on a kid and give him or her a much greater appreciation of life, freedom, and sacrifice.  You also have to keep in mind that combat is the exception.  This is an extraordinary time.  Most military members from Vietnam to the invasion of Iraq did not see combat.  (Today, most of them have combat patches.)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006, 10:04:15 AM »
You also have to keep in mind that combat is the exception.  This is an extraordinary time.

I cant begin to imagine what combat is like

and hope that I NEVER have to experience it

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006, 10:11:36 AM »
Well I'm sitting here in Kuwait waiting for a flight back to Afghanistan. I'm against the draft. I don't want to serve with people who don't want any part of the military. As far as being passe..thats sorta insulting bud..military service is the highest form of patriotism and citizenship..regardless of this war or its causes. Its because of the military that the damm rags don't take over.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 10:14:57 AM »
hi honey.  :-*
w

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 10:15:10 AM »
if they allow to draft illegal (Mexicans)....

I'm all for it

;D

Hell, they can get free benefits (health, college, etc...) they can be drafted too.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2006, 10:16:15 AM »
Drafts work for legitimate wars.

There is a boatload of proof that the Afghanistan/Iraq wars are NOT legitimate.

You start sending upper class kids to wars, and you're suddenly going to have a hell of a lot more info leaks to undermine and further reveal the motives behind the wars.  The lie WORKS as long as it is volunteers who are okay with it.  You start sending media, senator, and CEOs' kids, and you're going to have to start answering questions.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2006, 10:17:36 AM »
Well I'm sitting here in Kuwait waiting for a flight back to Afghanistan. I'm against the draft. I don't want to serve with people who don't want any part of the military. As far as being passe..thats sorta insulting bud..military service is the highest form of patriotism and citizenship..regardless of this war or its causes. Its because of the military that the damm rags don't take over.

I never meant to insult anyone mate. i wish that guys like yourself didnt have to be where you are. someday they may find a better way to resolve these things.

i wish you and everyone involved a safe and speedy return to your home and families.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2006, 12:00:11 PM »
It won't happen.

Americans overwhelmingly oppose a draft.

Nationwide polls have 85% opposed and fewer than 15% in favor.

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewItem&itemID=7765
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 12:14:58 PM »
It won't happen.

Americans overwhelmingly oppose a draft.

Nationwide polls have 85% opposed and fewer than 15% in favor.

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewItem&itemID=7765

Yeah, but our govt is really reallllly lucky about being attacked at just the right time to motivate voters to fall into line!

I doubt there will ever be one again.  Thanks to the web, no one making over 80k a year is going to let his son die in a bullshit war over oil without making a bit of noise first.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 12:25:15 PM »
Does anybody here trust the US gouvernment?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2006, 02:26:09 PM »
*CRICKETS*

:)

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2006, 02:29:36 PM »
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2006, 02:31:03 PM »
*CRICKETS*

:)

lol.   ;D  It's much funnier when you use the scroll feature. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2006, 02:39:52 PM »
If people had to choose between a draft and wars like these ones there would be no war. That's my point. Since it's impact is felt hardest by a small segment of our population, no one cares. I don't mean no one at all, but the policy makers and main supporters aren't really affected. I've read/seen/heard a ton of people supporting the war but it's pretty easy to sacrifice volunteers while saying not supporting the war is unpartiotic behind a computer screen. Of course our people should be supported, that's not the point. The wars are stupid and make none of us safer.

Making everyone pay the price is the only fair thing to do. It won't happen so we'll keep retasking the same people until manipulating enlistment bonuses is the only way to keep a fighting force. When all is said and done, Afghanistan will have no change at all and Iraq will be worse than ever.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2006, 02:44:47 PM »
1 2 3 4 US marine corps
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2006, 03:49:17 PM »
If people had to choose between a draft and wars like these ones there would be no war. That's my point. Since it's impact is felt hardest by a small segment of our population, no one cares. I don't mean no one at all, but the policy makers and main supporters aren't really affected. I've read/seen/heard a ton of people supporting the war but it's pretty easy to sacrifice volunteers while saying not supporting the war is unpartiotic behind a computer screen. Of course our people should be supported, that's not the point. The wars are stupid and make none of us safer.

Making everyone pay the price is the only fair thing to do. It won't happen so we'll keep retasking the same people until manipulating enlistment bonuses is the only way to keep a fighting force. When all is said and done, Afghanistan will have no change at all and Iraq will be worse than ever.

You make a good point.

if our 535 congressmen knew their kids, nephews, and children of their biggest financial donators would be getting maimed in Baghdad in order to secure foreign oil, they might think twice. 

It's easy for them to say "X number of lower-class poverty level non-tax paying people will become war casualties".

Make it affect them personally, and they'll suddenly take on a while new perspective!

MKD

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2006, 04:15:04 PM »
Draft= political suicide.  No way a politician would vote for it. 

The US military (Navy & Air Force) are actually downsizing.

Vietnam was the last time the military "needed" people.  With current technology there is no need for a draft.
strong mind, strong body

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2006, 04:16:53 PM »
Rummy and Bush both say we need LESS men in Iraq.  That more men = more targets.

The resource they want is TIME.

Time = more dead soldiers. Seven US servicemen died today. :( :( :(

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2006, 04:42:51 PM »
we are all human beings. weather its a dead American or a dead Iraqi, we all deserve our god given rights.
Iraqis deserve the same freedoms that we do. was it ok for other city's and states to send support to Katrina victims and new Orleans? their were nypd guys that got killed there. should new york have said"fuck those people in new Orleans". or was it the right thing to do, by going there and helping out. its the same thing with Iraq. just because its a differant country they are human beings that need our help.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2006, 04:46:05 PM »
we are all human beings. weather its a dead American or a dead Iraqi, we all deserve our god given rights.
Iraqis deserve the same freedoms that we do. was it ok for other city's and states to send support to Katrina victims and new Orleans? their were nypd guys that got killed there. should new york have said"f**k those people in new Orleans". or was it the right thing to do, by going there and helping out. its the same thing with Iraq. just because its a differant country they are human beings that need our help.

So um, THAT is why we're in Iraq now?

1) WMD solved.
2) Saddam problem solved.
3) Democracy put into place.
4) ? Now you wanna play bodyguard?

Dude, you're starting to sound like a complete govt employee here to "spread the truth", as they have admitted they are now doing on message boards.  The Pentagon admitted that "disinformation which hurts morale" is a big problem, and that they are now going to be flooding the boards with their own people to spread the truth.  Speak on it, flatfoot.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2006, 04:52:05 PM »
democracy is put in place? with a statement like that how can you be taken seriously. do you really believe iraq is stable right now. now you think im a government employee here to speak the truth, lol. where do you come up with this shit

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2006, 04:54:37 PM »

i know how you feel bro. how does it feel when these assholes say what your doing is a waste of time. when your putting your life on the line, just so they can have the freedom to say that

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2006, 05:09:03 PM »
i know how you feel bro. how does it feel when these assholes say what your doing is a waste of time. when your putting your life on the line, just so they can have the freedom to say that

No one has said what theyre doing is a waste of time. On the otherhand the government may have bitten off more than it can chew and thats becoming more and more evident.

you sound like a commercial bro

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2006, 05:13:58 PM »
the government did bite off more than they could chew. its a mess over there, im not denying that. but these people preaching bring the troops home is very offensive to those who volunteered to go there.