Author Topic: Mothers, daughters, grand daughters, great grand daughters!  (Read 951 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Mothers, daughters, grand daughters, great grand daughters!
« on: December 03, 2011, 04:05:01 PM »
Is there any better feeling than a grandmother attending the wedding of her grand daughter?  Yes: a great grandmother holding her great grandchild!  I was thinking about this today when I finally got around to reading this story about Dorothy Rodham.

Dorothy Rodham, mother of Hillary Clinton, dead at 92
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/dorothy-rodham-mother-of-hillary-clinton-dead-at-92/2010/09/21/gIQAwFWXcM_story.html?hpid=z3

Two years ago I attended the wedding of my cousin-in-law.  While I was there, I got to meet her mother and her grandmother.  A few months ago, she sent me a photograph of four generations of her family sitting side by side: her grand mother, her mother, herself, and her new daughter!  There were other pix too, including some of her grandmother playing with her daughter!  I've always said there is only one thing better than a mother... and that's a grandmother.  But I guess there is one thing better than a grandmother--and that's a great grandmother!  Seeing that old lady with that newborn and knowing what those pix will mean to that little girl when she's old enough to appreciate them got me all chocked up.  :'(

Quick!  Someone hand me a tissue!   ;D