Author Topic: DeLay: ‘I have no idea’ if Obama is US citizen  (Read 328 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
DeLay: ‘I have no idea’ if Obama is US citizen
« on: October 07, 2009, 08:33:45 PM »
Tom DeLay, once known as the Republican House majority leader and now known for his illustrious turn on Dancing With The Stars, says he has "no idea" if President Barack Obama is a citizen of the United States.

DeLay, who has in the past made comments seemingly sympathetic to the "birther" movement trying to prove that Obama is not eligible to be president, made his statement in an interview with Newsweek on Wednesday.

Asked by Newsweek's Ramin Setoodeh about an August interview at MSNBC in which he challenged the president to produce a birth certificate, DeLay said: "You have to show a birth certificate to play Little League baseball. It's a question that should be answered. It's in the Constitution that you have to be a natural-born citizen of the United States to be president."

"Do you think he isn't a citizen?" Setoodeh asked.

"I have no idea," DeLay responded.

CBS/rs

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: DeLay: ‘I have no idea’ if Obama is US citizen
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 08:38:02 PM »
Alan Keyes: My Birther Lawsuit Will Proceed

Alan Keyes: My Birther Lawsuit Will Proceed
Digg Tweet By David Weigel 10/7/09 4:44 PM

The perennial presidential candidate blogs that his quest to overturn the results of the 2008 election — which he surely would have won had Barack Obama had to answer questions about his citizenship — will continue, his lawsuit having not been dismissed.

I just received a call from Orly Taitz, my attorney in the case seeking proof of Obama’s eligibility for the Office of President of the United States. Judge Carter has released a statement declaring that the dates he set for the hearing and trial on the eligibility issue are confirmed, and it will move forward as scheduled. Apparently he was not swayed by the Obama lawyer’s arguments.