Author Topic: Saudi Woman to Receive 10 Lashes for Driving Car  (Read 689 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Saudi Woman to Receive 10 Lashes for Driving Car
« on: September 27, 2011, 12:14:10 PM »
Cavemen.  God Bless America. 

Published September 27, 2011
Associated Press

CAIRO –  Saudi activists say a court has sentenced a Saudi woman with 10 lashes for defying the kingdom's ban on women driving.

Activist Samar Badawi says Shaima Ghassaniya was found guilty Tuesday of driving without the government's permission.

No laws prohibit women from driving, but conservative religious edicts have banned it.

The ruling comes just two days after Saudi King Abdullah announced that, for the first time, women have the right to vote and run in the country's 2015 local elections.

Najalaa Harriri, who is also facing court for driving, told The Associated Press she needed to drive to take better care of her children.

Tuesday's verdict is the first of its kind in Saudi Arabia. Other women were detained for several days, but had not been sentenced by a court.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/27/saudi-woman-to-receive-10-lashes-for-driving-car/?test=latestnews

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Saudi Woman to Receive 10 Lashes for Driving Car
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 12:53:44 PM »

Associated Press

CAIRO –  Saudi activists say a court has sentenced a Saudi woman with 10 lashes for defying the kingdom's ban on women driving.

Activist Samar Badawi says Shaima Ghassaniya was found guilty Tuesday of driving without the government's permission.

No laws prohibit women from driving, but conservative religious edicts have banned it.

The ruling comes just two days after Saudi King Abdullah announced that, for the first time, women have the right to vote and run in the country's 2015 local elections.

Najalaa Harriri, who is also facing court for driving, told The Associated Press she needed to drive to take better care of her children.

Tuesday's verdict is the first of its kind in Saudi Arabia. Other women were detained for several days, but had not been sentenced by a court.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/27/saudi-woman-to-receive-10-lashes-for-driving-car/?test=latestnews

We need their oil.
I hate the State.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:09:06 PM »
Not a bad punishment when you see the women drivers here in S. FL.  Especially the Orientals that always have a cig in one hand and the cell phone in the other.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:50:08 PM »
Not a bad punishment when you see the women drivers here in S. FL.  Especially the Orientals that always have a cig in one hand and the cell phone in the other.

Good post!  ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 02:12:56 PM »

Associated Press

The MIC needs the wars. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 02:19:54 PM »

The MIC needs the wars. 

there is no evidence of this.

other 2 mods, please move to CT board.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 02:21:50 PM »
there is no evidence of this.

other 2 mods, please move to CT board.

I would but i am obligated by Shia law not to. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 02:22:29 PM »

it's the fault of Obama, so it was written

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 02:53:49 PM »

The MIC needs the wars. 

This as well.
I hate the State.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »

lol

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 02:56:41 PM »

Check and check...

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 03:25:06 PM »

I saw one guy shaving while driving...and not with an electric razor either.................d ude had  fuckin shaving foam all over his face and a cup of water in the console next to him.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 01:56:40 AM »

;D

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 07:39:32 AM »

Associated Press

10 lashes?  thats it?  they're getting a little soft over there don't you think? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 08:51:15 AM »
10 lashes?  thats it?  they're getting a little soft over there don't you think? 

Yep.  No amputations.  They're slipping.