Author Topic: Patriot Act, National Defense Authorization Act, Stop Online Piracy Act  (Read 6267 times)

Xerxes

Go to www.americancencorship.org and educate yourself.

I am posting this thread here again because JIDF the mods moved it to a place no one sees it.

Police state is fast approaching.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Patriot Act, National Defense Authorization Act, Stop Online Piracy Act
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 07:05:02 AM »

I am posting this thread here again because JIDF the mods moved it to a place no one sees it.

It's scary.

The patriot act is extremely intrusive and calls for the basic rights of privacy to become privileges easily revoked during times of "war", which by our standards is "all the time", since we are always involved directly or indirectly in one war or another.

The NDAA is slowly trying to make this country work like that of a military dictatorship, where any damn soldier can execute an arrest on any citizen, so as long as he/she finds the suspect to be involved in any terrorist-like activity that threatens the peace and American way of life.

The SOPA bill is yet another way in which big brother wants to stop us from taking part in the basic right to share information.  They tried something similar during the NAPSTER era and upon finding that they couldn't sue the entire world for downloading the macarena, they decided to give it a rest, but now they want to graduate the process from being just a misdemeanor with a fine to quite possibly a felony.

What the fuck is the world coming to?
"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 07:05:44 AM »
I'd like to also add that...

In a perfect world (one governed by affluent homosexuals), every man would simply be sucking each other's dicks.

Politics would have no place in that form of utopia.

"1"

Xerxes

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 07:15:04 AM »

What the fuck is the world coming to?
"1"

A brave new world.

by Aldous Huxley.

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 07:17:06 AM »

Police state is fast approaching in the US already.

FTFY

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 09:58:04 AM »
Yeah its getting pretty bad.
Woudnt suprise me if theyre already recording everything, and after some of these things "pass", they start using the prerecording evidence to start coming down on "terrorists" and "traitors"

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »

You put in the wrong URL

http://americancensorship.org/

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
do you know why the defense authorization act included the section about killing american citizens without trial? 

There had been an intense debate among lawyers in the months before the Obama administration decided to put Mr. Awlaki on a target list in early 2010, and officials said that Mr. Khan was never on the list. The decision to make Mr. Awlaki a priority to be sought and killed was controversial, given his American citizenship. The American Civil Liberties Union, which fought unsuccessfully in the American court system to challenge the decision to target Mr. Awlaki, condemned the killing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/01/world/middleeast/anwar-al-awlaki-is-killed-in-yemen.html?pagewanted=all

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 11:35:28 AM »

" Welcome to empire of Good, kids.... MUAHAHAHAAHAHAAH !!! "

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »
What I'm wondering is if there even is a limit to how much the american people can take..

What would the government have to do in order to get themselves thrown out?
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 11:40:37 AM »
What I'm wondering is if there even is a limit to much the american people can take..

what country do you live in ?

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 11:42:52 AM »
What I'm wondering is if there even is a limit to much the american people can take..

Not possible.

American government would probably kill half of the population before stepping down.
I mean, we have all seen the violence they used to stop peaceful occupy-protests!! What you think would happen if protests turned violent? Massacre.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
Not possible.

American government would probably kill half of the population before stepping down.
I mean, we have all seen the violence they used to stop peaceful occupy-protests!! What you think would happen if protests turned violent? Massacre.

You forget the American civilian population is the most heavily armed  ;D

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 11:52:17 AM »
You forget the American civilian population is the most heavily armed  ;D

Actually I really forgot that!
That's good thing. The part of you who want to fight back if going gets tough, have at least some possibility.

But I've heard there is a suggestion to collect guns away from civilians..?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 12:04:19 PM »
what country do you live in ?

None of your business.
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 12:08:01 PM »
None of your business.
america is doing quite well compared to 95% of the countries on the planet in every regard.. freedoms, economics, corruption, infrastructure, public programs, etc.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 12:16:22 PM »
america is doing quite well compared to 95% of the countries on the planet in every regard.. freedoms, economics, corruption, infrastructure, public programs, etc.

Your constitution might be one of the better and liberal in recent history but I've never seen a people so enslaved by popular culture, political antagonism and debt. You might be free in theory but not in practice. I've been in america three times for longer periods of time for work. So I've had to personally deal with a lot of what america is... That doesn't mean I know everything there is to know about the US, but, one thing that definitely struck me is that you're absolutely not as 'free' as you like to think and boast about.
from incomplete data

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 12:17:06 PM »

;D Ok, so your country is the little bit smaller pile of turd among the giant piles of turd.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »
Your constitution might be one of the better and liberal in recent history but I've never seen a people so enslaved by popular culture, political antagonism and debt. You might be free in theory but not in practice. I've been in america three times for longer periods of time for work. So I've had to personally deal with a lot of what america is... That doesn't mean I know everything there is to know about the US, but, one thing that definitely struck me is that you're absolutely not as 'free' as you like to think and boast about.
in what regard are we not free?  being enslaved by popular culture, political antagonism, and debt are all voluntary.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 12:29:30 PM »
in what regard are we not free?  being enslaved by popular culture, political antagonism, and debt are all voluntary.

That is true and that's also why I said that you're free in theory but not necessarily in practice. Your debt will most likely be your ultimate downfall.

Another thing that struck me is that almost everyone seemed to have some sort of prescription medicine. Was kind of weird seeing all those orange CVS bottles being popped all over the place. Are people really that ill over there? I doubt it.. just seems to be a different mentality towards drugs and painkillers. I got an infected ingrown toenail and was prescribed one of the more addictive opiates out there(tramadol) like it was tictacs, with no warning whatsoever of any side effects. I never asked for it and didn't really complain about the pain either.

You asked why I think you're not as free as you think... take a look at the topic of this thread and it should give you a clue.
from incomplete data

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 12:36:11 PM »

Don't forget people recently got arrested and beaten for dancing at Jefferson monument... WTF ! LOL

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 12:38:18 PM »
Don't forget people recently got arrested and beaten for dancing at Jefferson monument... WTF ! LOL

Monuments are dumb anyway.. sheepish idol worship.
from incomplete data

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »
Monuments are dumb anyway.. sheepish idol worship.

On this I must somewhat disagree.
I think that some people have had such an influence on things that they deserve being remembered by status and monuments.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »
On this I must somewhat disagree.
I think that some people have had such an influence on things that they deserve being remembered by status and monuments.

That's why we have history books.. so we can learn about them. Not to blindly worship them.

Most people that have been turned into statues by now held beliefs that nowadays would be considered highly inappropriate. Times are always changing.

I don't know about you, but I never feel a sense of awe when looking at statues/monuments.. unless they happen to be beautiful artistically.
from incomplete data

Purge_WTF

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 02:17:43 PM »
  Toilet paper, all of it.

The current President and the one who preceded him have committed more acts of treason that all of the other Presidents combined.