Author Topic: OBAMA'S ASS-KICKING OF SOUL CRUSHER CONTINUES...oil prices plunge, gas under $2  (Read 15896 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Ask andreTHEIDIOT when ACA, the worst legislation ever, was passed.

I'll give you a hint, andreTHEMORON: Congress was not controlled by the GOP. It was the other party that had a filibuster proof majority.

And what is this celebration over low gas prices after 5 1/2 years of paying close to $4 a gallon? LOL!!!

Any success now is long overdue.

But wait a minute, I thought democrats claimed that a president doesn't have control over the price of gas? That is what democrats claim when you remind them that gas was still at a lower price during the Bush years.

well first of all you basically agreed with everything I've been saying which may break your heart since you place more stock in opposing me even when I am right..As I stated above the bill would have been a better bill had the Republicans PARTICIPATED..they didn't..they voted en masse against it without a SINGLE vote for it....and so America got what was passed...A lopsided bill....doesn't mean however that ACA is a failure...we now have about 10 million more insured..which is awesome...

I never claimed any president has control over the price of gas....that was my contention when YOU GUYS criticized Obama relentlessly when gas prices were high...glad to see you have come around....funny that you all of a sudden have a change of heart that the prez doesn't control gas prices when gas prices are under $2 but thats you....a hypocrite who NEVER concedes anyone elses point or admits he is wrong....

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
Only an idiot would believe the POTUS has anything to do with the price of oil. It's mainly set by OPEC, along with speculation and actual supply & demand at work as well. US politicians can tax gasoline, but they don't control whether oil is $140 or $40 per barrel.

Of course some people claiming to be MBAs, MDs, etc also give him credit for the stock market surge the last 5+ years.  ::)

Obama has nothing to do with the US private sector oil boom - you might as well give him credit for Apple's success as well. He has in fact stopped US offshore drilling in the past, putting many middle class Americans out of work in the process.

HTH.
A

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
there is no "truth"...I'm not biased....but many in the congress are....if you don't believe that then you are naive.......I really loved george Bush as president as well....his last two years were a mess but nevertheless I supported him....but the republicans in congress have been obstructionists.....he wanted to work with them on Obamacare but NOT ONE would work with him due to opressure being placed on them to toe the party line...what was he supposed to do?....I agree that the bill would have been a much better bill if the republicans had worked with him.....but if you're not part of the solution then you are part of the problem and things are going to be done without you

Really?

"We have to pass the bill to see what's in the bill" Nasshole Pelosi

Bullshit legislation that hasn't even been read before it is voted on should be obstructed. If it is going to be a detriment to Americans it should be obstructed.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Only an idiot would believe the POTUS has anything to do with the price of oil. It's mainly set by OPEC, along with speculation and actual supply & demand at work as well. US politicians can tax gasoline, but they don't control whether oil is $140 or $40 per barrel.

Of course some people claiming to be MBAs, MDs, etc also give him credit for the stock market surge the last 5+ years.  ::)

Obama has nothing to do with the US private sector oil boom - you might as well give him credit for Apple's success as well. He has in fact stopped US offshore drilling in the past, putting many middle class Americans out of work in the process.

HTH.
yup he actually he has had a little impact on it but it has been a negative impact...his admin has basically made the red tape so long and complicated for new wells that a few corporations actually took him to court and won...it was determined that his admin was dragging its feet in regards to new applications.

Obama is very much anti oil and gas, fracking, drilling etc...He certainly has had an impact on oil production here in the states but again its been negative.

2thick is also correct that the recent drop in oil is more a result of OPECs decision and a downturn in demand from Asia and Europe as their economies slowdown.

Oil will likely be back up to around $90 a barrel by the end of next year...I bet that will be bush's fault though, right andre?

Lexus II

• Getbig II
The credit goes to the real heros of low oil prices.  Their names are Oxidental, Conoco, Anadarko, and Chevron.  What has Obama done to lower oil prices?  I didn't realize he was involved in oil exploration.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

HTH.

Yet, when gas prices are high, the POTUS is the one who gets the blame.  Go figure.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Yet, when gas prices are high, the POTUS is the one who gets the blame.  Go figure.
Obama himself was one of those people blaming the president for high gas prices...go figure...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
The credit goes to the real heros of low oil prices.  Their names are Oxidental, Conoco, Anadarko, and Chevron.  What has Obama done to lower oil prices?  I didn't realize he was involved in oil exploration.

according to Kazan and Soul Crusher, he was.....when gas was over $4 a gallon ::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
yup he actually he has had a little impact on it but it has been a negative impact...his admin has basically made the red tape so long and complicated for new wells that a few corporations actually took him to court and won...it was determined that his admin was dragging its feet in regards to new applications.

Obama is very much anti oil and gas, fracking, drilling etc...He certainly has had an impact on oil production here in the states but again its been negative.

2thick is also correct that the recent drop in oil is more a result of OPECs decision and a downturn in demand from Asia and Europe as their economies slowdown.

Oil will likely be back up to around $90 a barrel by the end of next year...I bet that will be bush's fault though, right andre?

no....but in your mind it will be Obama's fault...somehow

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
no....but in your mind it will be Obama's fault...somehow

LOL!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Obama himself was one of those people blaming the president for high gas prices...go figure...

It's a case of 'either/or'.  One can't conveniently choose when a POTUS has an impact on gas prices just because it supports your opposition partisan view.  They either do or they don't.  When it's high or it's cheap.  One sided biased views is nothing more than a hypocrites stance.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
It's a case of 'either/or'.  One can't conveniently choose when a POTUS has an impact on gas prices just because it supports your opposition partisan view.  They either do or they don't.  When it's high or it's cheap.  One sided biased views is nothing more than a hypocrites stance.

YES.....and thats the point of the thread...when gas prices were high, conveniently for political partisanship, all the teabaggers on here said it was Obama's fault...despite protests from the more reasonable people on here that it wasn't the case.....so now that gas is heading south of $2 I want to give Obama the credit using the reasoning of same said teabaggers...... ;)....exposing their hypocrisy

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
according to Kazan and Soul Crusher, he was.....when gas was over $4 a gallon ::)
When exactly did I ever say the POTUS was responsible for gas prices? I didn't.........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness

I've never said such a thing either way myself. Then again, I have some actual knowledge of how these things work.
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
YES.....and thats the point of the thread...when gas prices were high, conveniently for political partisanship, all the teabaggers on here said it was Obama's fault...despite protests from the more reasonable people on here that it wasn't the case.....so now that gas is heading south of $2 I want to give Obama the credit using the reasoning of same said teabaggers...... ;)....exposing their hypocrisy

I've never said such a thing. I think you actually DO believe the POTUS controls such a thing.
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
Agreed on all counts. Federal drilling permits have been hard to come by in the last 6 years. The boom has been on private lands by private companies using their own $ and that of investors and lenders.

I'm not sure of many things, but I have virtually no doubt oil will eventually be well over $100 a barrel again sooner or later. What I don't know is how much lower it will go, how much longer it will take to turn upward again, and just how long it will be before it's $100 again. Oil at $150 a barrel and beyond is inevitable eventually.

One thing to watch out for with oil drillers and servicers is their debt levels in this current environment. Something like 30% of the junk bond market is from energy companies these days. If these companies start defaulting it will not only mean trouble for them, but also somewhat for investors and lending institutions as well.

A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
I've never said such a thing either way myself. Then again, I have some actual knowledge of how these things work.

I never said you did.  I think that only idiots believe this, just like you stated.  Of course there are plenty of idiots to go around on here claiming gas prices were high because of Obama.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Agreed on all counts. Federal drilling permits have been hard to come by in the last 6 years. The boom has been on private lands by private companies using their own $ and that of investors and lenders.

I'm not sure of many things, but I have virtually no doubt oil will eventually be well over $100 a barrel again sooner or later. What I don't know is how much lower it will go, how much longer it will take to turn upward again, and just how long it will be before it's $100 again. Oil at $150 a barrel and beyond is inevitable eventually.

One thing to watch out for with oil drillers and servicers is their debt levels in this current environment. Something like 30% of the junk bond market is from energy companies these days. If these companies start defaulting it will not only mean trouble for them, but also somewhat for investors and lending institutions as well.

no doubt my friend, we work in the same industry and I live in Houston so alot of our clients are energy company ceo's/execs. Trust we have been going crazy the last week trying to cover margin calls so its not just the companies that are levered heavily. The higher oil prices led to a premium on leases for a lot of the newer upstream companies. That was all good when oil was above $90 but now alot of those new smaller companies are going to run in the red especially for those with off shore exposure. I think there will be a small amount of defaults but oil will bounce back within 6 months - 1 year. If there is some sort of regional termoil in the middle east, russia, south america then possibly sooner.

This will basically shake out those smaller players and allow the larger players to become more efficient and develop better margins.

You do any MLP investing?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I never said you did.  I think that only idiots believe this, just like you stated.  Of course there are plenty of idiots to go around on here claiming gas prices were high because of Obama.
or that gas prices were high because of bush...oh wait, THAT WAS OBAMA!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
you know I watched a little bit of obamas meeting with the business round table this week. He made mention of how nobody likes to talk about how he has reduced the deficit and that any tax reform needs to make sure it that it doesnt reverse that.

What he fails to mention is that the majority of the deficit reduciton is a result of the sequester cuts that he opposed and blamed on the republicans.

you know what if you stopped and actually objectively looked at obama I bet your ass would be just as opposed to him and his antics as you are those "idiots" on this board.

I wont hold my breath for objectivity though...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Obama just keeps on kicking soul crusher's ass.....Gas prices are at their lowest level in over two decades...Americans are paying much much less for gas meaning more money in their pockets.....America is basically now self-sufficient in terms of oil and energy.....and gasoline prices are coming way down and are now under $2 on some places....amazing...

Obama was taking so much heat from the idiot conservatives on here who blamed him for high gasoline prices...so now I'm going to take the opportunity to give it right back and give him the credit for low gas prices.....

Its a shame that more people don't realize that Obama is a great president if you simply look at policy and results and not at all the far-right/Tea Party/FOX News propaganda 8)
You do know that there is a differnce between "summer gas" and "winter gas", right? And other factors as well.
http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-reason-gas-is-cheaper-in-the-winter-1662578188

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Seven trillion added by Obama in six years, including $500 billion the last fiscal year.  He called Bush irresponsible and unpatriotic for adding four trillion in eight years.  What does that make Obama? 

Congress approved every one of those spending increases.  The problem isn't dem or repub, it's the insane spending in washington in general.

Does anyone really think a repub president would stop borrowing?  LOL!

The best you can do is "Well, he's borrowing LESS now!" which is nice, but that ship has sailed now, and since repub congress has given obama every single spending increase he asked for, they've been a bit part of the 7 billion increase.

Will Congress have the balls to smile at obama and take away the purse?  We have 6 days til a govt shutdown... let's find out.  My guess is they give him 100% of the $ he wants, then they complain how wasteful he is.  IMO, that's like giving your kid a credit card at the mall, picking him up in 5 hours, and yelling at him for spending.   For the 6th time.  LOL.  Washington sucks, the spending sucks, but it's both sides.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
you know I watched a little bit of obamas meeting with the business round table this week. He made mention of how nobody likes to talk about how he has reduced the deficit and that any tax reform needs to make sure it that it doesnt reverse that.

What he fails to mention is that the majority of the deficit reduciton is a result of the sequester cuts that he opposed and blamed on the republicans.

you know what if you stopped and actually objectively looked at obama I bet your ass would be just as opposed to him and his antics as you are those "idiots" on this board.

I wont hold my breath for objectivity though...

This thread is about the POTUS and gas/oil prices.  Seeing how you can't find a single thread or reply from me on here in regards to congratulating or condemning ANY POTUS for having an impact on either, I will let the IDIOTS who do on this board stand alone.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
This thread is about the POTUS and gas/oil prices.  Seeing how you can't find a single thread or reply from me on here in regards to congratulating or condemning ANY POTUS for having an impact on either, I will let the IDIOTS who do on this board stand alone. 
What I was pointing out is that Obama is one of those idiots who blamed high gas prices on a president...yet you conviently give him a pass.

Like I said if you objectively looked at Obama you would probably be very much against many of his antics

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Obama's "antics" have nothing to do with gas prices.  Which is why I don't give a shit about gas/oil prices in relationship to ANY POTUS.