Author Topic: Liberal Racism  (Read 20182 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Liberal Racism
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2021, 12:12:57 PM »
If someone supports Trump, they are a racist? Did you get that from CNN?

How is Lightfoot's comments not racis? Please explain.

How are the NUMEROUS remarks made by Biden about black people in the last not racist? Why is he not considered a racist? Please enlighten us

Let it go. Strawman is a flat out troll. I stand by my 62 page thread

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2021, 12:15:36 PM »
Let it go. Strawman is a flat out troll. I stand by my 62 page thread

wrong again

I wasn't trolling anyone

each of those posts was a response to an attack on me

Your problem is that REALITY has been trolling you for your entire life

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2021, 12:21:38 PM »
I didn't say that dipshit

Ah, I get it. Don't have a rebuttal, huh?

You're getting lit up around here lately. Hope all is well and you've just running our of lies and excuses.

Afterall, this is just a message board.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2021, 12:23:23 PM »
Reverse racism = equality.  ;D

I doubt anyone cares about her opinion anyway. She's borderline retarded.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2021, 12:24:37 PM »
wrong again

I wasn't trolling anyone

each of those posts was a response to an attack on me

Your problem is that REALITY has been trolling you for your entire life

You have same ability to search as anyone yet you choose to ask dumbass questions. The dumb bitch doesn’t deny it and in fact has doubled down on it. Troll

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2021, 12:37:23 PM »
You have same ability to search as anyone yet you choose to ask dumbass questions. The dumb bitch doesn’t deny it and in fact has doubled down on it. Troll

more nonsensical whining from the phony "coach"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2021, 12:55:20 PM »
Ah, I get it. Don't have a rebuttal, huh?

You're getting lit up around here lately. Hope all is well and you've just running our of lies and excuses.

Afterall, this is just a message board.

you falsely conflated my statement to = anyone who supports Trump is racist

I never said that

that's your rebuttal

regarding Lightfoot you can go back and read my prior comments to get the answer to your question

I'm not going to waste time repeating myself

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2021, 02:23:15 PM »
you falsely conflated my statement to = anyone who supports Trump is racist

I never said that

that's your rebuttal

regarding Lightfoot you can go back and read my prior comments to get the answer to your question

I'm not going to waste time repeating myself

Once again, I get it. Back's against the wall isn't it.

Libby's make it too easy sometimes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2021, 02:29:55 PM »
Outrage as Texas Democrat party REFUSES the resignation of chairman who called Republican Tim Scott an 'Oreo'
Gary O'Connor heads the Democratic Party in Lamar County, northeast of Dallas
He said he was 'deeply sorry' for using the 'racist term' to describe Scott
O'Connor announced plans to step down, but his colleagues refused 
They said his letter of apology to Scott was enough after 'reflection'
'America is not a racist country,' Scott said in his remarks last Wednesday
'It seems clear he is little more than an Oreo,' O'Connor wrote of Scott
'Oreo' is a racial slur used to describe a black person who acts white
Republicans were outraged and demanded that O'Connor resign from his post
By ARIEL ZILBER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 5 May 2021

A Texas county's Democratic Party has sparked outrage by refusing the resignation of the chairman who called Republican Tim Scott an 'Oreo'.

Gary O’Connor, the Lamar County Democratic Party chairman, said he was 'deeply sorry' for using the 'racist term' and announced his plans to step down.

But his colleagues then issued their own statement to MyParisTexas.com saying: 'Our local Democrats have taken the last few days to reflect upon this incident.

'After much discussion — especially among our local [ b]lack Democrats — we chose not to accept Mr. O’Connor’s resignation'.

'Mr. O’Connor has written a public letter of apology to Sen. Tim Scott, and Lamar County Democrats join him in this apology,' the statement added.

The party said O'Connor had been with the organization for seven years and his 'life of service, collaboration, and activism for racial justice is well known throughout this community.

'His recent remark is incompatible with his core values,' they insisted.

O'Connor wrote the Facebook post in response to Scott’s rebuttal to President Joe Biden’s first address to a joint session of Congress last Wednesday.

Gary O'Connor (left), the head of the Democratic Party in Lamar County, Texas used a racial slur to describe Senator Tim Scott, a Republican from South Carolina
Senator Tim Scott, a Republican from South Carolina, was referred to as an 'Oreo'
Gary O’Connor, the Lamar County Democratic Party chairman in Texas, said he was 'deeply sorry' for using the 'racist' term and announced his plans to step down. But his colleagues have refused his resignation

O’Connor wrote on Facebook: ‘I had hoped that Scott might show some common sense, but it seems clear he is little more than an Oreo with no real principles'

Scott, the only black Republican in the United States Senate, was chosen by the GOP to give a response to the president’s address. The senator from South Carolina said that the United States ‘is not a racist country.’

O’Connor wrote on Facebook: ‘I had hoped that Scott might show some common sense, but it seems clear he is little more than an Oreo with no real principles.’

‘Oreo’ is a reference to the famous sandwich cookie made by Nabisco. It consists of two dark-colored wafers separated by a white, creme filling.

In a racial context, ‘Oreo’ refers to a black person who is perceived as 'acting white.'

House Rep. Pat Fallon, a Republican from Texas, put out a statement last week demanding that O’Connor resign.

'Gary O’Connor's comment against Senator Tim Scott is abhorrent, insulting, and unforgivable,' Fallon said.

'Both he and the entire Lamar County Democratic Party should be ashamed of this racist behavior.

He has yet to comment on the decision to let O'Connor keep his position. 

'This kind of behavior is not tolerable in Texas, the United States, or any political party,' he added.

Scott’s rebuttal speech and the response to his remarks from Democratic-leaning Twitter users have sparked controversy, particularly after the term ‘Uncle Tim’ was trending for about 12 hours.

The three-term South Carolinian angered Democrats and their supporters when he denied that America was a racist country.

Biden reacted to Scott's remarks by saying that while he doesn't think the American people are racist, African Americans have been left 'so far behind the eight ball in terms of education and health, in terms of opportunity.'

Vice President Kamala Harris also agreed with Scott, saying that while America is not a 'racist country,' the nation needed to 'speak the truth' about its history.

Another prominent black politician from South Carolina, Democratic House Majority Whip James Clyburn, told The Washington Post on Friday that he agreed with Scott's assessment that the US is not a racist country.

'I agree with him on that,' said Clyburn, the third most powerful Democrat in the House whose endorsement of Biden during the party primaries last year is thought to have helped turn the tide in favor of the former vice president.

'I don’t think a racist country would have elected Barack Obama as president, or Kamala Harris as vice president.

'That’s not the issue, that’s a red herring. The issue is they allow the jurisdictions in this country that have institutionalized the history and legacy of race.

Another prominent black politician from South Carolina, Democratic House Majority Whip James Clyburn (seen left on February 25, 2019), told The Washington Post on Friday that he agreed with Scott's assessment that the US is not a racist country. Vice President Kamala Harris (right) also agreed with Scott, saying that while America is not a 'racist country,' the nation needed to 'speak the truth' about its history

'That’s what is happening.'

In an interview with Fox News on Saturday, Clyburn defended his comments in support of Scott. 

He told the network that America is 'not about being perfect, but when you see a fault repair it.'

'We got a fault today in our law enforcement. Let’s repair it. There’s a fault today with 47 states now coming out with these voter suppression laws.

Scott and Republicans were outraged on Wednesday after the senator from South Carolina was referred to as 'Uncle Tim' by Democratic-leaning supporters on Twitter. The term was trending on Twitter for some 12 hours before it was taken down on Thursday morning. A spokesperson for Twitter told Fox News that an algorithm allowed the term to trend

Author Yvette Nicole Brown said: 'Uncle Tim lost me when he said Biden was dividing us after he had sat quietly while Tang destroyed this country for four years. #BoyBye'

'Come on, United States of America, let's repair that.'

Clyburn is urging Congress to pass legislation that would reform policing in America as well as secure voting rights.

Scott appeared on CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday during which he said 'thank goodness' that Biden, Harris, and Clyburn agree with him.

'America is not a racist country,' Scott said on Sunday.

'The question is, is there a lingering effect after a couple of centuries of racism and discrimination in this nation? The answer is absolutely.

'The question we should be debating and fighting over is how do we resolve those issues going forward.

'One side says "I'm going to take from some to give to others." Fighting bigotry with bigotry is hypocrisy. It just doesn't work.

'The second - our side, what I've suggested is let's expand opportunity and make sure that we are fully equipped for the challenges of the future.'

Scott has accused the left of 'hypocrisy' following their attacks on his Wednesday night rebuttal of Biden's speech to Congress, saying the slurs left him saddened, but more convinced than ever that he was right to be a Republican.

He was mocked on Twitter as 'Uncle Tim', a play on the 'Uncle Tom' racial slur, used to describe black people who were too deferential to whites.

Twitter took 12 hours to remove the term from its trending list, and on on Thursday night Scott asked where the left-wing outrage was at the racial slur.

Policy analyst Javon Price Flagsaid: 'The fact that 'Uncle Tim' is trending on Twitter tells you all you need to know about the left'

Conservative writer Carmine Sabia: 'Not stunned that Uncle Tim is trending because how dare even one black person not follow the Democrats like the Pied Piper. How dare Sen. Tim Scott have his own opinions and principles?'

Yale professor Phillip Atiba Goff said: 'White people. Please do not use terms like Aunt Jemima, coon, and Uncle Tom. It's gross and racist and not the thing you seem to think it is. Even if you live in Brooklyn. Especially if you live in Brooklyn'

'It is really saddening to see that what the left is doing is fighting bigotry with bigotry,' Scott told Sean Hannity on Fox News.

'They have expose their hypocrisy and their true motivation,' he said.

'It has nothing to do with ending prejudice. It has everything to do with claiming or getting more power.

'Uncle Tom' is derived from an 1852 novel: It's become an offensive racial caricature
The term Uncle Tom is derived from the lead character of white abolitionist author Harriet Beecher Stowe's 1852 novel Uncle Tom's Cabin.

Uncle Tom is a gentle character, a smiling, wide-eyed servant who offered no resistance to the horrors of slavery.

Described as the most enduring fictional slave, he later became 'synonymous with servility and self-hatred', according to a 2008 NPR documentary Why African-Americans Loathe 'Uncle Tom'.

According to the Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia, the Tom caricature 'is often old, physically weak, psychologically dependent on whites for approval'.

Uncle Tom's Cabin sold over two million copies within two years of its publication.

'I have never seen such power grab and using people in such a despicable way.'

Speaking directly after Biden's maiden address to Congress, Scott gave his party and its former leader, ex-President Donald Trump, credit for the COVID response - saying Biden had 'inherited a tide that had already turned' - while blasting Democrats for prolonged closures of schools and churches.

Scott also defended the GOP-backed Georgia voting bill, blasting Democrats for lying about the controversial legislation and labeling it 'mainstream.'

The South Carolina Republican started out his remarks, delivered elsewhere in the U.S. Capitol, by saying Biden 'seems like a good man,' and adding that his 'speech was full of good words.'

'But President Biden promised you a specific kind of leadership. He promised to unite a nation.

'To lower the temperature. To govern for all Americans, no matter how we voted. That was the pitch. You just heard it again,' Scott said. 'But our nation is starving for more than empty platitudes.'

Scott blasted Biden and the Democrats for 'pulling us further apart.'

Scott, who is facing re-election in 2022, said that it was a depressing spectacle.

'It is really disheartening to see the left response, and frankly even Twitter's response to racism and racial slurs.

'If it comes from the left, and must be okay according to Twitter's response 12 hours later.'

Scott said he was confident there would soon be a 'backlash' to the 'paternalism' of the left.

'What we are seeing happen is this response from good intentioned people who happen to be black, who happen to be Hispanic, who happened to be white, who happen to be Asian, rising up and saying you won't tell me what to think.

'I'm going to decide that for myself.

'There is a coming backlash to this liberal oppression that is becoming front and center.'

Scott, 55, also said that he was frequently attacked by liberals for his skin color.

'Intolerance so often comes from the left with words like “Uncle Tim” and the “n-word” being used against me,' Scott said.

'And last night what was trending in social media was “Uncle Tim,” and they doubled down on this concept of liberal oppression.

'It is stunning in 2021 that those who speak about ending discrimination want to end it by more discrimination.

'The left has doubled down that they are going to, not attack my policies, but they're literally attacking the color of my skin.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9546955/Texas-Democrat-party-REFUSES-resignation-chairman-called-Republican-Tim-Scott-Oreo.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2021, 02:48:59 PM »
Once again, I get it. Back's against the wall isn't it.

Libby's make it too easy sometimes.

nope, apparently you don't get it at all but that's not surprising

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2021, 02:50:30 PM »
Outrage as Texas Democrat party REFUSES the resignation of chairman who called Republican Tim Scott an 'Oreo'
Gary O'Connor heads the Democratic Party in Lamar County, northeast of Dallas
He said he was 'deeply sorry' for using the 'racist term' to describe Scott
O'Connor announced plans to step down, but his colleagues refused 
They said his letter of apology to Scott was enough after 'reflection'
'America is not a racist country,' Scott said in his remarks last Wednesday
'It seems clear he is little more than an Oreo,' O'Connor wrote of Scott
'Oreo' is a racial slur used to describe a black person who acts white
Republicans were outraged and demanded that O'Connor resign from his post
By ARIEL ZILBER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 5 May 2021

A Texas county's Democratic Party has sparked outrage by refusing the resignation of the chairman who called Republican Tim Scott an 'Oreo'.

Gary O’Connor, the Lamar County Democratic Party chairman, said he was 'deeply sorry' for using the 'racist term' and announced his plans to step down.

But his colleagues then issued their own statement to MyParisTexas.com saying: 'Our local Democrats have taken the last few days to reflect upon this incident.

'After much discussion — especially among our local [ b]lack Democrats — we chose not to accept Mr. O’Connor’s resignation'.

'Mr. O’Connor has written a public letter of apology to Sen. Tim Scott, and Lamar County Democrats join him in this apology,' the statement added.

The party said O'Connor had been with the organization for seven years and his 'life of service, collaboration, and activism for racial justice is well known throughout this community.

'His recent remark is incompatible with his core values,' they insisted.

O'Connor wrote the Facebook post in response to Scott’s rebuttal to President Joe Biden’s first address to a joint session of Congress last Wednesday.

Gary O'Connor (left), the head of the Democratic Party in Lamar County, Texas used a racial slur to describe Senator Tim Scott, a Republican from South Carolina
Senator Tim Scott, a Republican from South Carolina, was referred to as an 'Oreo'
Gary O’Connor, the Lamar County Democratic Party chairman in Texas, said he was 'deeply sorry' for using the 'racist' term and announced his plans to step down. But his colleagues have refused his resignation

O’Connor wrote on Facebook: ‘I had hoped that Scott might show some common sense, but it seems clear he is little more than an Oreo with no real principles'

Scott, the only black Republican in the United States Senate, was chosen by the GOP to give a response to the president’s address. The senator from South Carolina said that the United States ‘is not a racist country.’

O’Connor wrote on Facebook: ‘I had hoped that Scott might show some common sense, but it seems clear he is little more than an Oreo with no real principles.’

‘Oreo’ is a reference to the famous sandwich cookie made by Nabisco. It consists of two dark-colored wafers separated by a white, creme filling.

In a racial context, ‘Oreo’ refers to a black person who is perceived as 'acting white.'

House Rep. Pat Fallon, a Republican from Texas, put out a statement last week demanding that O’Connor resign.

'Gary O’Connor's comment against Senator Tim Scott is abhorrent, insulting, and unforgivable,' Fallon said.

'Both he and the entire Lamar County Democratic Party should be ashamed of this racist behavior.

He has yet to comment on the decision to let O'Connor keep his position. 

'This kind of behavior is not tolerable in Texas, the United States, or any political party,' he added.

Scott’s rebuttal speech and the response to his remarks from Democratic-leaning Twitter users have sparked controversy, particularly after the term ‘Uncle Tim’ was trending for about 12 hours.

The three-term South Carolinian angered Democrats and their supporters when he denied that America was a racist country.

Biden reacted to Scott's remarks by saying that while he doesn't think the American people are racist, African Americans have been left 'so far behind the eight ball in terms of education and health, in terms of opportunity.'

Vice President Kamala Harris also agreed with Scott, saying that while America is not a 'racist country,' the nation needed to 'speak the truth' about its history.

Another prominent black politician from South Carolina, Democratic House Majority Whip James Clyburn, told The Washington Post on Friday that he agreed with Scott's assessment that the US is not a racist country.

'I agree with him on that,' said Clyburn, the third most powerful Democrat in the House whose endorsement of Biden during the party primaries last year is thought to have helped turn the tide in favor of the former vice president.

'I don’t think a racist country would have elected Barack Obama as president, or Kamala Harris as vice president.

'That’s not the issue, that’s a red herring. The issue is they allow the jurisdictions in this country that have institutionalized the history and legacy of race.

Another prominent black politician from South Carolina, Democratic House Majority Whip James Clyburn (seen left on February 25, 2019), told The Washington Post on Friday that he agreed with Scott's assessment that the US is not a racist country. Vice President Kamala Harris (right) also agreed with Scott, saying that while America is not a 'racist country,' the nation needed to 'speak the truth' about its history

'That’s what is happening.'

In an interview with Fox News on Saturday, Clyburn defended his comments in support of Scott. 

He told the network that America is 'not about being perfect, but when you see a fault repair it.'

'We got a fault today in our law enforcement. Let’s repair it. There’s a fault today with 47 states now coming out with these voter suppression laws.

Scott and Republicans were outraged on Wednesday after the senator from South Carolina was referred to as 'Uncle Tim' by Democratic-leaning supporters on Twitter. The term was trending on Twitter for some 12 hours before it was taken down on Thursday morning. A spokesperson for Twitter told Fox News that an algorithm allowed the term to trend

Author Yvette Nicole Brown said: 'Uncle Tim lost me when he said Biden was dividing us after he had sat quietly while Tang destroyed this country for four years. #BoyBye'

'Come on, United States of America, let's repair that.'

Clyburn is urging Congress to pass legislation that would reform policing in America as well as secure voting rights.

Scott appeared on CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday during which he said 'thank goodness' that Biden, Harris, and Clyburn agree with him.

'America is not a racist country,' Scott said on Sunday.

'The question is, is there a lingering effect after a couple of centuries of racism and discrimination in this nation? The answer is absolutely.

'The question we should be debating and fighting over is how do we resolve those issues going forward.

'One side says "I'm going to take from some to give to others." Fighting bigotry with bigotry is hypocrisy. It just doesn't work.

'The second - our side, what I've suggested is let's expand opportunity and make sure that we are fully equipped for the challenges of the future.'

Scott has accused the left of 'hypocrisy' following their attacks on his Wednesday night rebuttal of Biden's speech to Congress, saying the slurs left him saddened, but more convinced than ever that he was right to be a Republican.

He was mocked on Twitter as 'Uncle Tim', a play on the 'Uncle Tom' racial slur, used to describe black people who were too deferential to whites.

Twitter took 12 hours to remove the term from its trending list, and on on Thursday night Scott asked where the left-wing outrage was at the racial slur.

Policy analyst Javon Price Flagsaid: 'The fact that 'Uncle Tim' is trending on Twitter tells you all you need to know about the left'

Conservative writer Carmine Sabia: 'Not stunned that Uncle Tim is trending because how dare even one black person not follow the Democrats like the Pied Piper. How dare Sen. Tim Scott have his own opinions and principles?'

Yale professor Phillip Atiba Goff said: 'White people. Please do not use terms like Aunt Jemima, guy, and Uncle Tom. It's gross and racist and not the thing you seem to think it is. Even if you live in Brooklyn. Especially if you live in Brooklyn'

'It is really saddening to see that what the left is doing is fighting bigotry with bigotry,' Scott told Sean Hannity on Fox News.

'They have expose their hypocrisy and their true motivation,' he said.

'It has nothing to do with ending prejudice. It has everything to do with claiming or getting more power.

'Uncle Tom' is derived from an 1852 novel: It's become an offensive racial caricature
The term Uncle Tom is derived from the lead character of white abolitionist author Harriet Beecher Stowe's 1852 novel Uncle Tom's Cabin.

Uncle Tom is a gentle character, a smiling, wide-eyed servant who offered no resistance to the horrors of slavery.

Described as the most enduring fictional slave, he later became 'synonymous with servility and self-hatred', according to a 2008 NPR documentary Why African-Americans Loathe 'Uncle Tom'.

According to the Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia, the Tom caricature 'is often old, physically weak, psychologically dependent on whites for approval'.

Uncle Tom's Cabin sold over two million copies within two years of its publication.

'I have never seen such power grab and using people in such a despicable way.'

Speaking directly after Biden's maiden address to Congress, Scott gave his party and its former leader, ex-President Donald Trump, credit for the COVID response - saying Biden had 'inherited a tide that had already turned' - while blasting Democrats for prolonged closures of schools and churches.

Scott also defended the GOP-backed Georgia voting bill, blasting Democrats for lying about the controversial legislation and labeling it 'mainstream.'

The South Carolina Republican started out his remarks, delivered elsewhere in the U.S. Capitol, by saying Biden 'seems like a good man,' and adding that his 'speech was full of good words.'

'But President Biden promised you a specific kind of leadership. He promised to unite a nation.

'To lower the temperature. To govern for all Americans, no matter how we voted. That was the pitch. You just heard it again,' Scott said. 'But our nation is starving for more than empty platitudes.'

Scott blasted Biden and the Democrats for 'pulling us further apart.'

Scott, who is facing re-election in 2022, said that it was a depressing spectacle.

'It is really disheartening to see the left response, and frankly even Twitter's response to racism and racial slurs.

'If it comes from the left, and must be okay according to Twitter's response 12 hours later.'

Scott said he was confident there would soon be a 'backlash' to the 'paternalism' of the left.

'What we are seeing happen is this response from good intentioned people who happen to be black, who happen to be Hispanic, who happened to be white, who happen to be Asian, rising up and saying you won't tell me what to think.

'I'm going to decide that for myself.

'There is a coming backlash to this liberal oppression that is becoming front and center.'

Scott, 55, also said that he was frequently attacked by liberals for his skin color.

'Intolerance so often comes from the left with words like “Uncle Tim” and the “n-word” being used against me,' Scott said.

'And last night what was trending in social media was “Uncle Tim,” and they doubled down on this concept of liberal oppression.

'It is stunning in 2021 that those who speak about ending discrimination want to end it by more discrimination.

'The left has doubled down that they are going to, not attack my policies, but they're literally attacking the color of my skin.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9546955/Texas-Democrat-party-REFUSES-resignation-chairman-called-Republican-Tim-Scott-Oreo.html

Fuck that

why should he resign ?

Republicans NEVER resign over anything they say or do

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2021, 02:55:42 PM »
Fuck that

why should he resign ?

Republicans NEVER resign over anything they say or do

Would you consider this Dems comments racist?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2021, 03:52:45 PM »
My two cents.

Anyone can be a racist. It is neither a democratic nor republican condition.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2021, 04:05:08 PM »
Would you consider this Dems comments racist?

In my opinion the term could be viewed as offensive but I don't know that it's racist

does the term imply that he is inherently inferior due to being black?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2021, 04:41:31 PM »
My two cents.

Anyone can be a racist. It is neither a democratic nor republican condition.

Ah the standard "both sides do it" whenever a liberal is faced with bad acts by another liberal. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2021, 05:21:30 PM »
Incredible how blatantly racist liberals-progressives-statists can be.

Lori Lightfoot Announces She's a Racist and Legal Action Could Follow
By Bonchie | May 19, 2021

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot isn’t even hiding the ball at this point. While her city continues to mimic a common dumpster fire, according to multiple reports, she’s decided that being an overt racist is the right path forward. Lightfoot’s spokeswoman asserted that the mayor will only grant interviews to “black and brown people” while refusing to speak to any white journalists.

. . . .

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/05/19/lori-lightfoot-announces-shes-a-racist-and-legal-action-could-follow-n382878?fbclid=IwAR0AwjFWEYUqCJGvec87phLtmS5bB5JWbVoPKMaKWZGO9P2d3symHjBMK3M

Lori Lightfoot's Racist Interview Policy Backfires in the Most Hilarious and Deserving Way Possible
By Sister Toldjah | May 20, 2021

On Tuesday, multiple Chicago area reporters took to the Twitter machine to alert readers that Mayor Lori Lightfoot was implementing what could only be described as a racist policy on who she would allow to interview her on the topic of her two-year anniversary as mayor of the Windy City.

“As ⁦@chicagosmayor reaches her two year midway point as mayor, her spokeswoman says Lightfoot is granting 1 on 1 interviews – only to Black or Brown journalists,” NBC Chicago’s Mary Ann Ahern tweeted at the time.

Understandably, Lightfoot’s move sparked outrage, and the backlash was so strong that she wrote a Twitter thread the following day to try and paint herself as a woke and courageous city leader doing her part to correct what she says is a diversity problem within Chicago’s establishment media.

While Lightfoot didn’t explain how her plan for “diversity and inclusion” could be achieved in the Chicago press by excluding certain journalists based on race, one Chicago-based Latino reporter announced that though he was one of the ones Lightfoot okayed for an interview, he canceled after her office declined to reverse course on her “POC reporters only” policy:

Gregory Pratt
@royalpratt
I am a Latino reporter @chicagotribune whose interview request was granted for today. However, I asked the mayor’s office to lift its condition on others and when they said no, we respectfully canceled. Politicians don’t get to choose who covers them.

The National Association of Black Journalists, while saying they appreciated Lightfoot highlighting media access issues for minority reporters, noted in a statement that they opposed her actions to exclude white press members from interviews:

While the mayor has every right to decide how her press efforts will be handled on her anniversary, we must state again, for the record, that NABJ’s history of advocacy does not support excluding any bona fide journalists from one-on-one interviews with newsmakers, even if it is for one day and in support of activism. We have members from all races and backgrounds and diversity, equity and inclusion must be universal.

Ironically – and on a more hilarious note, some minority news outlets in Chicago pointed out that sometimes the problem with black and Hispanic journalists getting access to the mayor’s office comes as a result of the mayor’s office itself. Here’s what South Side Weekly editor-in-chief Jacqueline Serrato had to say Wednesday in response to Lightfoot’s announcement:

Hecha en Chicago
@HechaEnChicago
Yes, for those who are asking, South Side Weekly did request an interview with @chicagosmayor and unsurprisingly received no response and no fancy letter. But we’ve never relied on the mayor’s script to do our groundbreaking work. So it’s just another day over here.
8:42 AM · May 19, 2021
Copy link to Tweet

“The Triibe” (digital publication) editor-in-chief Tiffany Walden explained that she supported what Lightfoot was doing only because her reporters had long had trouble getting interview requests granted by her office to begin with:

Walden challenged Lightfoot to uphold her promise for supporting diversity in media by prioritizing access for Black and Latino-run media outlets just as much as for legacy media. She said her outlet has struggled to get timely responses from the Lightfoot administration and been excluded from press calls. Wednesday’s interview was the first one-on-one meeting with the mayor for a Triibe staffer, she said.

LOL. So what we’ve learned from Lightfoot’s virtue signaling stunt is two things: Solidarity among journalists of all colors against her move (which is good), and – hilariously – that one of the biggest hurdles facing black and Hispanic journalists in the Chicago press corps is Lightfoot’s own office (even better).

You literally cannot make this stuff up. You simply can’t. Talk about backfiring! Is it wrong of me to suggest that this could not be happening to a more deserving person? If so, I’m totally okay with not being right, at least in this instance. 😉

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2021/05/20/lori-lightfoots-racist-interview-policy-backfires-in-the-most-hilarious-and-deserving-way-possible-n383616

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2021, 06:05:47 PM »
Ah the standard "both sides do it" whenever a liberal is faced with bad acts by another liberal.

This may be a standard comment, but it is never-the-less true. Since there was no impetus for me to defend liberal behavior since it is conservatives who are most often accused of being racist, is it actually in defense of those on the right? Or is it that you just like being the opposition? I mean if we can agree that there is racism on both sides where's the argument? And without an argument where's the Getbig warped idea of amusment?

Try this out. 'Everyone' knows those on the far right are racists ( ::) ), I mean just look at what is said here about every other race than the white race on Getbig and who is submitting the racist posts. What some people seem not to know, is that conservatism and liberalism have very little to do with racism.

What is more, racism is not either all in or all out, just like all the other isms. Fortunately, there is mostly the middle ground.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2021, 06:52:46 PM »
This may be a standard comment, but it is never-the-less true. Since there was no impetus for me to defend liberal behavior since it is conservatives who are most often accused of being racist, is it actually in defense of those on the right? Or is it that you just like being the opposition? I mean if we can agree that there is racism on both sides where's the argument? And without an argument where's the Getbig warped idea of amusment?

Try this out. 'Everyone' knows those on the far right are racists ( ::) ), I mean just look at what is said here about every other race than the white race on Getbig and who is submitting the racist posts. What some people seem not to know, is that conservatism and liberalism have very little to do with racism.

What is more, racism is not either all in or all out, just like all the other isms. Fortunately, there is mostly the middle ground.

It doesn't matter who is most often accused of anything.  You are using moral equivalency, which is rarely a good response.  It allows you and other liberals to avoid dealing with the bad acts of other liberals.  And you have yet to condemn the overt racism of the liberals identified in this thread. 

This happens in government all the time too.  Remember when Steve King made some dumb comments and the House immediately moved to censor him individually?  Then when Omar made anti-semitic comments the House moved to condemn all racist comments, but not hers individually.  That is precisely the kind of tactic you and others use. 

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2021, 07:29:06 PM »

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2021, 02:33:43 AM »
This may be a standard comment, but it is never-the-less true. Since there was no impetus for me to defend liberal behavior since it is conservatives who are most often accused of being racist,

Of course they are, by the libturds, its their answer to every debate or argument:

"Youre raaaaaaacisssssst"

Dumb cult of kvnts you belong to, dick-sukking libturd. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2021, 02:45:01 PM »
Tulsi Gabbard Demands Chicago Mayor Resign For ‘Blatant Anti-White Racism’

EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE) Democratic Presidential Candidate Tulsi Gabbard visits FOX & Friends at Fox News Channel Studios on September 24, 2019 in New York City
Photo by Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images
MARY MARGARET OLOHAN
SOCIAL ISSUES REPORTER
May 21, 2021

Former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard accused Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot of “blatant anti-white racism” Friday for only granting one-on-one interviews to “black and brown” reporters.

“Mayor Lightfoot’s blatant anti-white racism is abhorrent,” Gabbard, a fellow Democrat, said. “I call upon President Biden, Kamala Harris, and other leaders of our county—of all races—to join me in calling for Mayor Lightfoot’s resignation.” (RELATED: Latino Reporter Refuses To Interview Lori Lightfoot After She Decided To Only Give Interviews To Black, Brown Journalists)

“Our leaders must condemn all racism, including anti-white,” Gabbard, who is Samoan, added.

The Chicago mayor did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Daily Caller News Foundation. Lightfoot announced earlier this week that she is “prioritizing media requests from POC reporters” as she commemorates “the occasion of the two-year anniversary of my inauguration as mayor of this great city.” (RELATED: Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Giving Interviews Only To Journalists Of Color)

“This is an imbalance that needs to change,” Lightfoot tweeted. “Chicago is a world-class city. Our local media should reflect the multiple cultures that comprise it.”

“We must be intentional about doing better,” she continued. “I believed that when running for office. I stand on this belief now. It’s time for the newsrooms to do better and build teams that reflect the make-up of our city.”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the DCNF regarding Gabbard’s call for President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris to condemn Lightfoot’s “blatant anti-white racism.”

https://dailycaller.com/2021/05/21/tulsi-gabbard-lori-lightfoot-blatant-anti-white-racism/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2021, 03:28:09 PM »
Tulsi Gabbard Demands Chicago Mayor Resign For ‘Blatant Anti-White Racism’

EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE) Democratic Presidential Candidate Tulsi Gabbard visits FOX & Friends at Fox News Channel Studios on September 24, 2019 in New York City
Photo by Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images
MARY MARGARET OLOHAN
SOCIAL ISSUES REPORTER
May 21, 2021

Former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard accused Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot of “blatant anti-white racism” Friday for only granting one-on-one interviews to “black and brown” reporters.

“Mayor Lightfoot’s blatant anti-white racism is abhorrent,” Gabbard, a fellow Democrat, said. “I call upon President Biden, Kamala Harris, and other leaders of our county—of all races—to join me in calling for Mayor Lightfoot’s resignation.” (RELATED: Latino Reporter Refuses To Interview Lori Lightfoot After She Decided To Only Give Interviews To Black, Brown Journalists)

“Our leaders must condemn all racism, including anti-white,” Gabbard, who is Samoan, added.

The Chicago mayor did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Daily Caller News Foundation. Lightfoot announced earlier this week that she is “prioritizing media requests from POC reporters” as she commemorates “the occasion of the two-year anniversary of my inauguration as mayor of this great city.” (RELATED: Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Giving Interviews Only To Journalists Of Color)

“This is an imbalance that needs to change,” Lightfoot tweeted. “Chicago is a world-class city. Our local media should reflect the multiple cultures that comprise it.”

“We must be intentional about doing better,” she continued. “I believed that when running for office. I stand on this belief now. It’s time for the newsrooms to do better and build teams that reflect the make-up of our city.”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the DCNF regarding Gabbard’s call for President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris to condemn Lightfoot’s “blatant anti-white racism.”

https://dailycaller.com/2021/05/21/tulsi-gabbard-lori-lightfoot-blatant-anti-white-racism/

LOL - someone is desperate to get her name in the new

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2021, 03:51:34 PM »
It doesn't matter who is most often accused of anything.  You are using moral equivalency, which is rarely a good response.  It allows you and other liberals to avoid dealing with the bad acts of other liberals.  And you have yet to condemn the overt racism of the liberals identified in this thread. 

This happens in government all the time too.  Remember when Steve King made some dumb comments and the House immediately moved to censor him individually?  Then when Omar made anti-semitic comments the House moved to condemn all racist comments, but not hers individually.  That is precisely the kind of tactic you and others use.

I don't remember the Steve King situation. I've never heard of him or heard about his comments. Same for Ilhan Omar and that situation.

As for Lori Lightfoot, I don't follow what she says or does. It has no bearing on my life whatsoever. Because of your comments regarding one of my posts, I read a little about her just now. On the face of it, she appears to be an idiot who pulled a publicity stunt about her being a racist and announcing she would not hold interviews with news people other than those of her own race.

As I said before, there are racist liberals and there are racist conservatives. Lori reminds us there are also blacks who are racist. So I'll expand what I said to cover the fact that anyone can be a racist even those who believe it is wrong.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2021, 04:19:02 PM »
I don't remember the Steve King situation. I've never heard of him or heard about his comments. Same for Ilhan Omar and that situation.

As for Lori Lightfoot, I don't follow what she says or does. It has no bearing on my life whatsoever. Because of your comments regarding one of my posts, I read a little about her just now. On the face of it, she appears to be an idiot who pulled a publicity stunt about her being a racist and announcing she would not hold interviews with news people other than those of her own race.

As I said before, there are racist liberals and there are racist conservatives. Lori reminds us there are also blacks who are racist. So I'll expand what I said to cover the fact that anyone can be a racist even those who believe it is wrong.

I'm glad you see that excluding journalists from interviews based on their ethnicity is racist. 

And again, it doesn't matter whether there are liberal and conservative racists.  The issue is whether what this particular individual is doing is racist. 

That said, I created this thread, like I have with a number of others, to highlight the hypocrisy of liberals-progressives-statists who preach one thing but practice another. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2021, 04:29:56 PM »

WTF ?

OK, I'm guessing you really don't follow politics that much?

Steve King was a former congressman and well know racist and moron
He was so fucking racist and stupid that the Republicans actually  took away all his committee assignments