Author Topic: IFBB Pro Shane Post shot over a parking space dispute  (Read 9228 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: IFBB Pro Shane Post shot over a parking spot dispute
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2022, 03:00:30 PM »
never try to upstage a black man let them feel superior , less likely to be shot
A

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2022, 03:01:37 PM »
Not a reason to shoot someone but I bet they've parked in that black guy's spot before. They look like they're both outside of the vehicle in the video. I bet they weren't just dropping him off. I bet they usually park in his spot for long periods of time to "just drop him off." Still no reason to shoot someone. Just have him towed or something.

Yup. Tow the car. The black guy simply lost his cool.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2022, 03:03:12 PM »
You’re right about never leaving with a firearm. I carry from the time I wake up until I get home. About Jackson-Lee and O’Roark…right now it has nothing to do with them, but if they had their way it would

Do you wear a gun while in the gym training?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2022, 03:06:10 PM »
Vince you are only saying that because you want to stand up for the black guy. The black guy already had his gun loaded and approached his neighbor. He lost his cool and shot his neighbor over nothing.

The white guy did not: swing at him, push him, or touch him.

I dont give a shit about some java.  Ive only pointed out the obvious
A

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2022, 03:06:16 PM »
Wait. Someone thought to include the Chocolate Face WITHIN the gated community?

Well, there’s your problem right there.

Case solved.

I thought black people were the majority in gated communities.....oh hang on, thats prisons...

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2022, 03:07:10 PM »
never try to upstage a black man let them feel superior , less likely to be shot

What’s next, the black guy shoots another neighbor over a dog pooping on the lawn?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2022, 03:07:18 PM »
Not a reason to shoot someone but I bet they've parked in that black guy's spot before. They look like they're both outside of the vehicle in the video. I bet they weren't just dropping him off. I bet they usually park in his spot for long periods of time to "just drop him off." Still no reason to shoot someone. Just have him towed or something.

Most likely.

This is just the latest incident in this guy Shane being an asshole.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2022, 03:07:26 PM »

Its the only way he doesnt get moved on by the big guys... ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2022, 03:08:34 PM »
Its the only way he doesnt get moved on by the big guys... ;D

Oh...my...word.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2022, 03:10:28 PM »
Jesus Christ Vince, for being in law enforcement you know absolutely nothing about self defense. Shane was unarmed. He didn’t charge the shooter, if he knew the shooter had a gun I would bet he wouldn’t have taken a step.

They were arguing over a parking spot. Are you kidding me?

Self defense is carrying around your own gun for shit like this because he could easily killed him....especially if youre in Texas

I'll leave you with my video if this

A

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2022, 03:13:05 PM »

Self defense is carrying around your own gun for shit like this because he could easily killed him....especially if youre in Texas

fucks sake did you even watch the video, the guy concealed his weapon in his robe and never drew it

Stop making a fool of yourself and delete that video

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2022, 03:13:25 PM »

Jesus Christ, Vince!

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2022, 03:22:52 PM »

This but I’m under the impression they are neighbors so there is more to the story than a simple parking spot dispute.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2022, 03:33:33 PM »

In my bag next to me

ziballz

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2022, 03:43:14 PM »
My guess is these two had words before.

Yes they apparently live next to each other and this seems to be their second or third run-in according to the story.

People are saying that the shooter 'stood his ground' according to Texas law as shane is seen advancing towards him, telling him to "get back in the house!" or something along those lines.

I wonder what would the reaction be if the roles were reversed, it would prolly cause a shitstorm all over the country lol

Its gonna be interesting to see how this thing plays out in court tho.

Damn this thread blew up!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2022, 03:44:43 PM »
In my bag next to me

I concealed carried a gun for work (not law enforcement) and was always concious of it.

Being constantly aware of carrying was tiring.

I think it makes you more likely to involve yourself in risky situations than if you do not carry.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2022, 03:45:22 PM »

Vince, self defense is actually being the act of defending yourself. Even if Shane were to charge him he didn’t have the right to shoot him unless Shane was armed with a firearm, knife etc. This is flat out attempted murder and the castle doctrine doesn’t even apply in this situation

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2022, 03:47:49 PM »
Vince, self defense is actually being the act of defending yourself. Even if Shane were to charge him he didn’t have the right to shoot him unless Shane was armed with a firearm, knife etc. This is flat out attempted murder and the castle doctrine doesn’t even apply in this situation

No, if he felt his life was in danger then he could use his gun.

The fact that this Shane guy was very muscular and threatening is enough.

Shane approached him threateningly.

This will be his attorney's defense and a jury will decide.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2022, 03:51:18 PM »
I concealed carried a gun for work (not law enforcement) and was always concious of it.

Being constantly aware of carrying was tiring.

I think it makes you more likely to involve yourself in risky situations than if you do not carry.

For the most part I agree with this. But this is the reason why, IMO people should train. You never know and when something does happen you’re mentally prepared. And yes, you should be always conscious of it

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2022, 03:53:37 PM »
This but I’m under the impression they are neighbors so there is more to the story than a simple parking spot dispute.

If I'm following correctly it isn't the resident's car? It was someone else (a coworker?) dropping him off?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2022, 04:18:11 PM »
No, if he felt his life was in danger then he could use his gun.

The fact that this Shane guy was very muscular and threatening is enough.

Shane approached him threateningly.

This will be his attorney's defense and a jury will decide.

What you’re referring too is called Disparity of Force (law but not sure how this would apply in Texas) and I don’t think that would apply. I didn’t notice Shane making any moves with the exception of walking towards the guy and the shooter seemed a bit taller. The could have not used the firearm and just go hands on. If the shooter didn’t want to shoot he could have just created distance and booked it the other way.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2022, 04:24:19 PM »
If I'm following correctly it isn't the resident's car? It was someone else (a coworker?) dropping him off?

I think this is correct.

I know sometimes it’s near impossible but this nonsense shows why it’s important to be on good terms with your neighbors, especially if your sharing a wall.

I think everyone agrees this shouldn’t have happened, but now it’s only going to get worse for everyone involved. This Shane if he gets out the hospital will look for any reason to take out this neighbor. He can say literally anything was life threatening.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2022, 04:30:01 PM »
I was thinking the same, but it's still pretty flimsy evidence.

I would guess the hebrew recorded the interaction and/or has evidence of threats being made.

This doesn't seem like an incident of your typical hebrew chimping out. The guys actions seem pretty calculated, plus he had the money for bail, so he might be someone with his shit together or a drug dealer

That's what I was thinking.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2022, 04:45:51 PM »
REMINDS ME of the time, years ago out in l.a. where I "parked" my car with it running in a handicap parking space to run over and grab a newspaper in one of those newspaper bins that was literally only a few feet away from me.. in hindsight since it was so close this newspaper machine on the sidewalk, I could have parked, turned the car off and walked farther to pick up the newspaper. I just didn't think I was doing anything wrong since it was at a starbucks with plenty of parking spaces but regular spaces and handicap spaces and the car was still running and i was "parked" in that space for maybe what 10 to 20 seconds tops? But boy oh boy was I wrong... i had people SCREAMING at me, "what's your handicap?!" said by someone sitting on a chair on that sidewalk....

You would have thought I was parked there forever, took a parking space from a handicap person that was RIGHT NEXT TO ME in that parking lot, trying to get to that 1 particular handicapped space and was there for a long time!...

these people wanted to crucify me for his horrible horrible evil offense (sarcasm)...

I don’t know you as a person, but I have no issue with you being heckled for that. You should’ve walked your capable ass to get a paper instead of clogging a handicap space.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2022, 05:03:30 PM »
This retired cop in Florida shot and killed an unarmed man in a movie theater and was acquitted
They were arguing and the guy threw a popcorn at him (something that could not be used as a deadly weapon). 

“I thought the guy was going to beat the hell out of me,” Reeves said. “I don’t think I’ve ever had anybody get in my face like that and it scared the crap out of me.”

https://nypost.com/2022/02/17/florida-man-charged-in-movie-theater-murder-felt-threatened/