Author Topic: 1 of 4? New York judge finds Donald Trump liable for fraud  (Read 11479 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: 1 of 4? New York judge finds Donald Trump liable for fraud
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2023, 12:10:47 PM »
JUST IN - A New York judge ruled that Trump inflated his property values, including Mar-a-Lago, which the judge determined was worth $18-$27 million from 2011 to 2021.

To put this into perspective, neighboring homes on 0.28-0.89 acres are listed for $18-40 million.

Mar-a-Lago, the 20-acre property in the middle, is worth less despite being 20 to 70 times larger.

@EricTrump: "The real estate circles in Florida are laughing at this foolishness."

@DonaldJTrumpJr: "If Mar-a-Lago is worth $18 million… I’ll take 10 please!!!"

https://x.com/kanekoathegreat/status/1706838593086668946?s=46&t=XiPzOUmtpsEiVS5zhlJE2g

A much smaller home on the same street sold for 53 million.

Lurker and PrimeFAG won't even look at this. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2023, 12:52:26 PM »
Lurker and PrimeFAG won't even look at this.

We don’t have to.   ;)

How do you think those sanctions that were served up to be paid will taste?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2023, 12:56:01 PM »
what is the state tax valuation on his house?

Doesn't really matter, because market value is usually much higher than tax assessed value.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2023, 01:32:22 PM »
We don’t have to.   ;)

How do you think those sanctions that were served up to be paid will taste?

So this old judge knows more than the banks that lent trump the money and did their own appraisals.     So stupid for you to believe this.  I’ve been before this judge before about 6 years ago.  He was senile and old then.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2023, 02:10:23 PM »
Stalin would be proud. Trump isn’t everyone. He’s the leading political candidate for President.

“The trials were held against Stalin’s political enemies, such as the Trotskyists and those involved with the Right Opposition of the Communist Party. The trials were shams that led to the execution of most defendants. Every surviving member of the Lenin-era part was tried, and almost every important Bolshevik from the Revolution was executed. Over 1,100 delegates to the party congress in 1934 were arrested”

No one is getting executed.  There are rights for opposition in our country that are protected by law in a capitalist system.  These trials will not be shams as they will be public with the right for a defense based on our judicial system.

No Stalin is still not impressed and wants you to give all your earnings to the state.

JUST IN - A New York judge ruled that Trump inflated his property values, including Mar-a-Lago, which the judge determined was worth $18-$27 million from 2011 to 2021.

To put this into perspective, neighboring homes on 0.28-0.89 acres are listed for $18-40 million.

Mar-a-Lago, the 20-acre property in the middle, is worth less despite being 20 to 70 times larger.

@EricTrump: "The real estate circles in Florida are laughing at this foolishness."

@DonaldJTrumpJr: "If Mar-a-Lago is worth $18 million… I’ll take 10 please!!!"

https://x.com/kanekoathegreat/status/1706838593086668946?s=46&t=XiPzOUmtpsEiVS5zhlJE2g

A much smaller home on the same street sold for 53 million.

The charges are not hinging on Mar-Go.  Also, a judge's opinion shouldn't be the determining factor.  An appraiser will.

Here are some of the charges:

Trump and the co-defendants used a slew of tricks — including making at least 200 false or misleading statements inflating assets — to carry out a conspiracy that netted them at least $250 million.  These misrepresentations — which falsely showed Trump made billions more than he did in reality — were made on “Statements of Financial Condition” that were given to financial institutions such as Cushman & Wakefield, Deutsche Bank and Mazars Group for loan applications and for insurance purposes.

As a result, the defendants received favorable loan and insurance terms, which included higher limits and lower premiums, the suit claims.

“Each statement was personally certified as accurate by Mr. Trump or by one of his trustees,”

Trump valued his 40 Wall Street property at as much as $530 million in 2013 when it was actually appraised at $220 million in 2012, the court papers claim.

He also exaggerated the square footage of his triplex in Trump Tower, claiming it was 30,000 square feet when it was actually just under 11,000 square feet, the suit alleges. This exaggeration meant that the property was valued at $327 million — a price that no apartment in New York has ever sold for…

Trump claimed that 12 rent-controlled apartments at Trump Park Avenue were worth $50 million total when they were valued by a third-party appraiser at $750,000 total, the suit states.

The Trump Organization was able to lower its federal tax obligations through the purported scheme.

For instance, the suit alleges that Eric Trump led the company’s efforts to develop the Seven Springs estate in Westchester County from 2011 – and worked with an outside tax council to get a federal tax deduction by completing a conservation easement donation.
Eric invoked the Fifth Amendment when asked about the easement donation related to Seven Springs, which “ultimately, and fraudulently, reduced Mr. Trump’s tax liability by more than $3.5 million.”

But hey, let's focus on Mar-go because why not?

Look if he's innocent it will be proven so.  He has the money to buy him self the best hair spray legal team in the world to defend him.  Look at how well that helped OJ and he got it for free right?.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2023, 02:37:01 PM »
No one is getting executed.  There are rights for opposition in our country that are protected by law in a capitalist system.  These trials will not be shams as they will be public with the right for a defense based on our judicial system.

No Stalin is still not impressed and wants you to give all your earnings to the state.

The charges are not hinging on Mar-Go.  Also, a judge's opinion shouldn't be the determining factor.  An appraiser will.

Trump and the co-defendants used a slew of tricks — including making at least 200 false or misleading statements inflating assets — to carry out a conspiracy that netted them at least $250 million.  These misrepresentations — which falsely showed Trump made billions more than he did in reality — were made on “Statements of Financial Condition” that were given to financial institutions such as Cushman & Wakefield, Deutsche Bank and Mazars Group for loan applications and for insurance purposes.

As a result, the defendants received favorable loan and insurance terms, which included higher limits and lower premiums, the suit claims.

“Each statement was personally certified as accurate by Mr. Trump or by one of his trustees,”

Trump valued his 40 Wall Street property at as much as $530 million in 2013 when it was actually appraised at $220 million in 2012, the court papers claim.

He also exaggerated the square footage of his triplex in Trump Tower, claiming it was 30,000 square feet when it was actually just under 11,000 square feet, the suit alleges. This exaggeration meant that the property was valued at $327 million — a price that no apartment in New York has ever sold for…

Trump claimed that 12 rent-controlled apartments at Trump Park Avenue were worth $50 million total when they were valued by a third-party appraiser at $750,000 total, the suit states.

The Trump Organization was able to lower its federal tax obligations through the purported scheme.

For instance, the suit alleges that Eric Trump led the company’s efforts to develop the Seven Springs estate in Westchester County from 2011 – and worked with an outside tax council to get a federal tax deduction by completing a conservation easement donation.
Eric invoked the Fifth Amendment when asked about the easement donation related to Seven Springs, which “ultimately, and fraudulently, reduced Mr. Trump’s tax liability by more than $3.5 million.”

Look if he's innocent it will be proven so.  He has the money to buy him self the best hair spray legal team in the world to defend him.  Look at how well that helped OJ and he got it for free right?.

Very naive. These are show trials.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2023, 02:41:03 PM »
Very naive

Not at all.  I am just not drinking that kool-aid you drink.   

Think about this:

Judge Engoron's ruling was a victory for New York Attorney General Letitia James in her lawsuit against Trump. His decision effectively decided that no trial was needed to determine that the former president had fraudulently secured favorable terms on loans and insurance deals.

James has argued that Trump inflated the value of his properties by as much as $2.2 billion and is seeking a penalty of about $250 million.

The judge's order will not dissolve Trump's company but will impact its operations. Trump can appeal.

The trial will determine the size of the penalty Trump will face.

dude looks creeepy

The evidence must be pretty solid for him to do that.

If not it will be overturned in an appeal.   

I am not making a determination of guilt here.  I don't have it all in front of me now and I am not a lawyer, detective or judge. 

But it doesn't look good for him.  And no amount of whining or mar-go this and naive that will change anything.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2023, 02:43:17 PM »
Not at all.  I am just not drinking that kool-aid you drink.   

Think about this:

Judge Engoron's ruling was a victory for New York Attorney General Letitia James in her lawsuit against Trump. His decision effectively decided that no trial was needed to determine that the former president had fraudulently secured favorable terms on loans and insurance deals.

James has argued that Trump inflated the value of his properties by as much as $2.2 billion and is seeking a penalty of about $250 million.

The judge's order will not dissolve Trump's company but will impact its operations. Trump can appeal.

The trial will determine the size of the penalty Trump will face.

The evidence must be pretty solid for him to do that.

If not it will be overturned in an appeal.   

I am not making a determination of guilt here.  I don't have it all in front of me now am I a lawyer, detective or judge. 

But it doesn't look good for him.  And no amount of whining or mar-go this and naive that will change anything.

So your contention is that everything being thrown at Trump even besides this is all legal, constitutional and on the up and up?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2023, 02:46:14 PM »
Stalin would be proud….

Until you understand that none of this is legit (which will be never) and all they’re trying to do is render him broke so he can’t defend himself, the more you’ll get it…or not.

But as history has shown, it NEVER ends well for communists.

I understand that a summary judgement is legit. Trump and his attorneys may appeal it and they could win or lose the appeal. There is a reason we have laws and a legal system. Trump and his family can no longer do business in New York and this ruling very likely hugely negatively impacts their finances.

Not sure who you are calling a communist. Is it the judge? Is it me? If it is me, what influence do I have over that summary judgement or any of the multitude of other charges against Trump. 

BTW, you do realize Trump and his attorneys asked a bench trial as opposed to a jury trial. This sped up the process and resulted in the summary judgement. Essentially, he got what he asked for. He brought this onto himself. Lesson learned, be careful of what you ask for.

'Mr. Trump's lawyers had asked Justice Engoron for a so-called summary judgment — a ruling that they were entitled to a victory before trial based on undisputed facts — seeking to toss out many claims against him.' New York Times

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2023, 02:49:35 PM »
So your contention is that everything being thrown at Trump even besides this is all legal, constitutional and on the up and up?

No not at all.  What I am saying is that our judicial system is in effect and Trump will have a turn to defend against the charges in court and if he is innocent of any wrongdoing his legal team will be able to defend him. 

But with that being said and how this is all coming down it doesn't look good for him.

And the only thing I have seen on this forum is:

1. Mar-go
2. Charges are a sham
3. I am Naive
4. 12 real estate companies that do the same thing

Come on people is that all there is?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2023, 02:50:21 PM »

Yeah, you kinda have to base it on Mira a Logo since everyone knows it was a BS evaluation at $18 when the comps in the area are 3-4x more at a half acre or less compared to Mira a Lagos 200+ acres. It’s doesn’t take an appraiser to know this is complete BS.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2023, 02:54:24 PM »
No not at all.  What I am saying is that our judicial system is in effect and Trump will have a turn to defend against the charges in court and if he is innocent of any wrongdoing his legal team will be able to defend him. 

But with that being said and how this is all coming down it doesn't look good for him.

And the only thing I have seen on this forum is:

1. Mar-go
2. Charges are a sham
3. I am Naive
4. 12 real estate companies that do the same thing

Come on people is that all there is?

I’ve already stated that if trials were in an even remotely neutral venues there would be no trials let alone charges. But instead you have DC (96% Dem) Manhattan (98%) Atlanta (90% + Dem.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2023, 02:55:40 PM »
Yeah, you kinda have to base it on Mira a Logo since everyone knows it was a BS evaluation at $18 when the comps in the area are 3-4x more at a half acre or less compared to Mira a Lagos 200+ acres. It’s doesn’t take an appraiser to know this is complete BS.

No you don't.  1 incorrect assessment doesn't discount other instances of fraud.   

Think of it like this:  A football team gets penalized 20 times in a game.  1 of the penalties turns out to be false.  That doesn't negate the other 19. 

Each of Trump's instances of fraud are stand-alone.   He's kind of fucked.  I personally don't like the judgment without a trial but there will opportunity to appeal.  That's why I say the evidence must be pretty strong.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2023, 02:58:12 PM »
I’ve already stated that if trials were in an even remotely neutral venues there would be no trials let alone charges. But instead you have DC (96% Dem) Manhattan (98%) Atlanta (90% + Dem.

You are only assuming that without looking at the evidence against him.  And you are assuming that there is no credible evidence (mar-go) or that the evidence that does exist wouldn't be compelling enough to obligate a judge to make a charge regardless of Dem/Repub.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2023, 02:59:54 PM »
Like I said a few weeks ago.  These are sad times because the fucking the American people have been getting from both sides is coming to light.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2023, 03:01:10 PM »

It is Mar-a-Lago's evaluation that was put at $18 million. I have never heard of 'Mira a Lagos', so it could well be worth more than that depending on where it is located and what it is.

If you want to be taken seriously, you really should investigate a better way of communicating than speech to text. I think your mobile phone cannot understand what you say. Maybe it is because you talk funny.  :)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2023, 03:04:48 PM »
No you don't.  1 incorrect assessment doesn't discount other instances of fraud.   

Think of it like this:  A football team gets penalized 20 times in a game.  1 of the penalties turns out to be false.  That doesn't negate the other 19. 

Each of Trump's instances of fraud are stand-alone.   He's kind of fucked.  I personally don't like the judgment without a trial but there will opportunity to appeal.  That's why I say the evidence must be pretty strong.

Being incorrect is being off by like 5-10% of the comps being off by a billion dollars is intentional and should be cause for a forensic audit of the COURT to see how they managed to come up with absurd numbers

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2023, 03:05:44 PM »
It is Mar-a-Lago's evaluation that was put at $18 million. I have never heard of 'Mira a Lagos', so it could well be worth more than that depending on where it is located and what it is.

If you want to be taken seriously, you really should investigate a better way of communicating than speech to text. I think your mobile phone cannot understand what you say. Maybe it is because you talk funny.  :)

I get it. When you can’t make your case, split hairs. Go back to bed

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2023, 03:17:11 PM »

I agree, asking for a summary judgment was a very bad decision on the part of Trump and his legal team. He should fire those attorneys. The only problem with this is that he is rapidly running out of attorneys willing to take him on as a client.

He does appear to have some options though. 'He can appeal the ruling and seek an emergency stay of the trial, a move that Mr. Trump's lawyers indicated they might pursue. Even if that does not work, Mr. Trump is awaiting a decision from an appeals court on the lawsuit he filed against Justice Engoron.' NY Times

'It’s extremely unlikely to work for a number of good reasons.' https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-trumps-gambit-to-get-rid-of-judge-arthur-engoron-by-suing-him

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2023, 03:29:13 PM »

A better analogy would be the 1 penalty is not only false, but spectacularly false.  Like calling a CB for pass interference on a running play.  A call that bad calls into question everything the refs call. 

Same with this judge saying Mar-A-Lago is worth $18M.  I mean a high school kid could figure out that number is BS.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2023, 03:41:42 PM »
I get it. When you can’t make your case, split hairs. Go back to bed

Yes well, I may be old, and I do on rare occasion take a nap, I was not in bed at 3:01 p.m.  ;D

What case was I trying to make?

You make cases out of almost everything. I'm just having some fun with you. Are you ever not serious? Lighten up!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2023, 04:16:57 PM »

It is all legal.

It is all constitutional.

It is on the up and up.

Guess all those attacks on the judge didn’t work out.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2023, 04:23:59 PM »
Well that little business certificate got cancelled.  :-*

I guess all the red hats can cry “fake” or “debunked” and pretend it never happened. 

The judge’s decision certainly cut down on the trial already. It’s been proven that these “fake” numbers were done purposely.  Making lame excuses isn’t going to alter facts or reality.  “That’s fantasy land that is not the real world”

Trumpy had his chance to explain things in the past. But he pled the 5th over and over.  Can’t cry now. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2023, 04:26:15 PM »
A better analogy would be the 1 penalty is not only false, but spectacularly false.  Like calling a CB for pass interference on a running play.  A call that bad calls into question everything the refs call. 

Same with this judge saying Mar-A-Lago is worth $18M.  I mean a high school kid could figure out that number is BS.

Sure but I doubt that all the other evidence stacked in this case isn’t nearly as bogus as the Mar-go thing appears to be. Like I said earlier the case doesn’t hinge on Mar-go.  And it hinges on much more than I listed. 

But all that will come out on the appeal if there is any merit to it. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2023, 04:27:55 PM »
Being incorrect is being off by like 5-10% of the comps being off by a billion dollars is intentional and should be cause for a forensic audit of the COURT to see how they managed to come up with absurd numbers

I hope so.  This biz cert getting cancelled is concerning.